As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Festival of the Lost is live! Big head mode and cavities for everyone!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    A productive evening of Destiny'ing despite not doing IB, my friend Tini helped me and @Brogey get our Dark-Drinkers (They seem to hit nothing than air a little too often though, especially on Minotaurs, hope that gets fixed.)

Turned in some motes of light for rep and got Nineveh 8611 (which looks cool) and I got Babylon 9191 a few days ago, now I'm only missing a single Faction shader from all 3 factions. (Themisto, Tyre 4770 and The Nowhere)

Went for a few Heroic Strikes and got these too, nice surprise.

5n1b2e.png

Also @Brogey if you need a hand getting that Bolt-Caster too, just let me know duder, I'm sure Tini wouldnt mind helping out either.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm annoyed with IB, but at least I'll be able to break early. The boots, armband and sidearm have all dropped for me so far.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I just need to get up high enough to buy the vendor pulse rifle

Anything after that is a bonus

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Nothing at all IB related is dropping for me. It is really frustrating because I see tons of people decked out in IB armor.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I don't think anything drops for you until you hit rank 2.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I just need to get up high enough to buy the vendor pulse rifle

Anything after that is a bonus

I really dislike pulse rifles, but I want that sidearm in a bad way.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Anyone need a IB partner? Ps4.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Is any IB items other than the ones being sold, dropping in the game now?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Played a bit of Banner, and got the boots and a sweet wolf cloak. Nice.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Is any IB items other than the ones being sold, dropping in the game now?

No. It's still boots.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Yea I can't really say my IB experience this time around has been any different then any other time. For better for worse, this is a pretty standard Iron Banner so far.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    This is how you kill a Sunbreaker and a Bladedancer in their supers, in 30 seconds.

http://xboxclips.com/Hiryu+ZeroTwo/e0951c14-1797-4bec-bc70-dafa4244d763

Sorry, I don't know how to embed the video, only the link.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Yea I can't really say my IB experience this time around has been any different then any other time. For better for worse, this is a pretty standard Iron Banner so far.

Somewhat less lag, if anything.

Can't get heavy on any of the new maps to save my fucking Light.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Silly question: what, if a fireteam of 6, does nothing but dance, does not take points, does not kill anyone, and gets totally murdered until mercy is invoked, would that fireteam get all the Top Scorer bounty checkmark because they were all top scorers of their team with "zero points" (say it in French), or is the Top Scorer the one who scores the most in the whole match, both sides taken into account?

It might be a way to get Top Scorer, if not, high fives @Al_wat for that joint Top Scorer place.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Top score is across both teams. Get to killin' sucka.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Top score is across both teams. Get to killin' sucka.

I got top score in a game that it put me in that actually didn't have sunbreakers on my team, and only one palpatine to compete against.

Least fun I've ever had in an IB. I don't think even getting the Space Magic School Bus can salvage my enjoyment at this point.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Silly question: what, if a fireteam of 6, does nothing but dance, does not take points, does not kill anyone, and gets totally murdered until mercy is invoked, would that fireteam get all the Top Scorer bounty checkmark because they were all top scorers of their team with "zero points" (say it in French), or is the Top Scorer the one who scores the most in the whole match, both sides taken into account?

It might be a way to get Top Scorer, if not, high fives @Al_wat for that joint Top Scorer place.

Top score of the match. I got my bounty done from getting on the bright side for being top scorer of the game but on the losing team.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    What I always enjoy is the slow climb from sucking since I mostly PVE to actually having a decent K/D ratio after a day or so of playing and learning the maps.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Team Not Yet Named downed Oryx in his stupid face this week in a little over 2 hours. Grats to all, and it sounded like literally everyone else got awesome drops. I got a bunch of moldering shards and a 303 shotgun (where I have a 310 one already). Still no ghost shell. One day I will get that damn thing.
    Not today obviously.
    @squall99x
    @El Mucho
    @Cormac
    @Bolthorn
    @Dac

Also I set up an alt/others raid for tomorrow. Reserving a spot for Flint_326. Sign up as reserve if you want and we may break it into two raids.
    Linky

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    wanderinggruewanderinggrue Registered User regular
    Got kind of a weird request - if anyone out there is raiding this week, I need 1 calcified fragment to finish Touch of Malice. If any raids could tag me in right after you kill Golgoroth for like two minutes, I'd be super appreciative. Thanks! PSN: Pennyfingers

Destiny 2: Steam Version - PC. Will give friend code for cookies and raids.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Yeah, t'was a fun raid.

Gdi I keep forgetting to tap people afterward for the Sunless Cell Arc quest.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    You should be able to opt out of joining games in progress. I don't give a shit if it means having to wait minutes for a new match. Don't put me in them.

• Options
    Yeah I like being dropped into games where the team I'm in is already behind so much the mercy rule activates the minute I transmat in.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Fuck Cheating Nightstalkers...

• Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    You should be able to opt out of joining games in progress. I don't give a shit if it means having to wait minutes for a new match. Don't put me in them.

Mercy rule should take dc's into account. A team that's had to replace 3+ people is obviously at a big disadvantage and probably losing to begin with.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Apologies to Booker, Trojan and @shoeboxjeddy for my truly deplorable performance in IB this evening. I swear I was worth a damn yesterday.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well, tonight was a much better night for IB

Also ended up getting 50% of the first part of my Chaperone quest done

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Did they stealth rebuff weapon materials from dismantling? I'm back to getting 2 for every blue with no xp.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    It kinda sucks that the chaperone quest is stonewalling people with that awful first part. Thing is ghastly strong but not unfair.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Did they stealth rebuff weapon materials from dismantling? I'm back to getting 2 for every blue with no xp.

There was always some variance with it, so I guess the 25% nerf just means you are 25% less likely to get 2 instead of 1.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Got my Titan from 266 to 292 today thanks to OG, brat, bogey and some of my friends. First time through the raid and my Titan gets a shell, arms, a rocket launcher, and 2 exotic engrams. Sweet.
    One of those became a 310 TLW which I dumped into my Hung Jury to get it to 307.
    Productive day.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Spindle daily again.

I'd really like to get it this time. Lets do it!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Wins and ranking are great and all, but I almost forgot to post my highlight from the PA IB group last night, which was a particular three-kill streak. Three kills isn't that impressive, right? It is when it's a sunbreaker and two stormcallers, all mid-super. Man that felt good.

• Options
    Jakorian wrote: »

Mercy rule should take dc's into account. A team that's had to replace 3+ people is obviously at a big disadvantage and probably losing to begin with.

If they took DCs into account, people would surely abuse it. Alternately, if the Mercy Rule counted as a no-contest... well, spite quitting would actually increase too.

They kind of need a debuff for quitting, like if you quit N matches then you stop gaining rep and loot until you complete N matches, win or lose.

• Options
    edited October 2015

If they took DCs into account, people would surely abuse it. Alternately, if the Mercy Rule counted as a no-contest... well, spite quitting would actually increase too.

They kind of need a debuff for quitting, like if you quit N matches then you stop gaining rep and loot until you complete N matches, win or lose.

Yeah, I dont like the idea of a debuff, especially not when the game also decides to throw me into 7 already lost matches in a row, so if I left those I'd get punished as well.

I cant understand why you cant say "only join new matches" too, I dont care about bungies need for filling up lost matches, dont put me in there.

Destiny could also use a mercenary mode (no groups) in Crucible.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @skyknyt and @The Dude With Herpes for getting my Black Spindle :biggrin:

Then I was planning to Banner a bit, but demonstrated the "move really slowly" trick so that we had a full court so that The Dude could get his T3 fragment, and we stayed there for a while (until our inventories were full)

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I'd rather it just be if you quit a match you get no rewards for the next hour. You quit when you're done playing, not because of how a certain match is going.

Of course, then people would just mass suicide if they decided a game was lost instead of quitting.

Is there some way we can Crucible without people?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

I'd rather it just be if you quit a match you get no rewards for the next hour. You quit when you're done playing, not because of how a certain match is going.

Of course, then people would just mass suicide if they decided a game was lost instead of quitting.

This came up in party chat last night, and a good point made was that Bungie has no way of knowing why someone is quitting. If I have 5 Medallions and get dropped into the wrong end of a 10K - 2K pubstomb, should I really be punished for choosing not to waste my allotted gaming time padding someone else's score? Should I be penalized if I get baboon'd out of a match?

An idea I do like is to increase the number of medallions you can hold (say to 10 or 20). This way, even if you do end up in a string of tough matches you know that you'll make up a lot of ground when you do finally win.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options

This came up in party chat last night, and a good point made was that Bungie has no way of knowing why someone is quitting. If I have 5 Medallions anshoulddropped into the wrong end of a 10K - 2K pubstomb, shoukd I really be punished for choosing not to waste my allotted gaming time padding someone else's score? Should I be penalized if I get baboon'd out of a match?

An idea I do like is to increase the number of medallions you can hold (say to 10 or 20). This way, even if you do end up in a string of tough matches you know that you'll make up a lot of ground when you do finally win.

Yeah, there's no real way of telling why a person left, as even lag outs can be faked. That's why I said N matches too, one and penalized is too harsh. I remember one game actually having a "Quit" stat that rolls with your last few games, and applies an XP penalty if it gets too low.

Or they can tweak their join in progress so it doesn't put you into a match where a team is 90% away from reaching the score limit, or with less than two minutes on the clock. While many players do quit earlier than that, it would at least give a joiner the benefit of playing a game that actually lasts longer than it took to search for and load onto the map.

Getting put into a losing game where a player has quit out occurs far more often than being screwed over while winning a match by having one of your guys drop for whatever reason. Targeted connection attacks (a la Trials cheaters) is a thing that is reportable/bannable too.

This discussion has been closed.