As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Festival of the Lost is live! Big head mode and cavities for everyone!

145791099

Posts

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    how is it possible that killing Oryx can take 20 shards and give me no armor, no weapons, and give me back just 2 shards.

    are you fucking kidding me

    Shards give you a chance not a guarantee of extra drops. The 2 shards are the 2 you get anyway for beating a boss.

    no no

    I got

    nothing

    except 2 shards.

    that shouldn't happen! even if I only have a chance to get something from turning in the shards, it should not be the case that I get NOTHING from oryx, and then he takes 20 of the shards, and says "yo, I only needed 18 of these actually, here's 2 back, see you next week"

    that's a buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit loot system.

    Welcome to Destiny

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I got a Bond drop yesterday off a match. My plan now is to just finish but not turn in bounties until either Sunday or my bounty inventory is full. Saving them day to day used to be a losing proposition but now they change from day to day and, assuming they work like other bounties, you can have two of the same one in your inventory anyway.

    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Well I just had my second bond drop. So more RNG hurts to begin with, and then when RNG decides to be magnanimous it does so irrespective of the smart loot approach Bungie has been talking about.

    And yeah I'm sure the total rep progression is probably not that out of whack with how it was previously, it just FEELS way slower when you turn in all three bounties after the first match or two and then sit and grind out wins without that occasional rep injection from a bounty completion.

    I will be very surprised if they don't make the weekly quests their own thing and go back to six dailies for the next go around, and if they don't add back the ability to get more through drops than just what is being sold that week.

    Raynaga on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    I hit Rank 2 last night, but I haven't played that many matches. I still feel confident that I'll hit 5 before the week is up; IB has always billed itself as a high-end PvP mode, but ranking with it isn't about skill, it's about persistence. If you keep throwing yourself into the wall, statistically speaking, you're going to eventually win enough matches and finish enough bounties to hit Rank 5.

    And if the shit don't drop for me, well, I've got Marks to buy them on the last day if I must.

    I know I tend to tilt on the mic when I'm doing poorly, but theoretically, I actually do enjoy the change of pace. I don't PvP a whole lot, but IB being an event really forces me out of my comfort zone and into doing something that IS a lot harder than PvE for me, and overall I enjoy it. Just sad it'll be months before I can collect a full set of SpaceChainMail. :P

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I got a Bond drop yesterday off a match. My plan now is to just finish but not turn in bounties until either Sunday or my bounty inventory is full. Saving them day to day used to be a losing proposition but now they change from day to day and, assuming they work like other bounties, you can have two of the same one in your inventory anyway.

    You can?

    My experience with having a bounty that they already have in their inventory is once I turn the one that I've completed in they don't offer it a second time it just counts as being completed that day too.

    What's the trick?


    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I hope today's maps are a little different from yesterday's, assuming it's not totally RNG (which it doesn't seem to be). The rotation of Rusted Lands, Dungeons, Widow's Court with a hint of Bannerfall was pretty awful. Dungeons and Widow's Court are both miserable fucking Control maps.

  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    how is it possible that killing Oryx can take 20 shards and give me no armor, no weapons, and give me back just 2 shards.

    are you fucking kidding me

    Shards give you a chance not a guarantee of extra drops. The 2 shards are the 2 you get anyway for beating a boss.

    no no

    I got

    nothing

    except 2 shards.

    that shouldn't happen! even if I only have a chance to get something from turning in the shards, it should not be the case that I get NOTHING from oryx, and then he takes 20 of the shards, and says "yo, I only needed 18 of these actually, here's 2 back, see you next week"

    that's a buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit loot system.

    This is the exact problem I have with Kings Fall, last 4 Oryx kills, he dropped nothing, on at least 2 of them I did get an item from my Moldering Shards proccing (although not from Oryx's loot table)

    Bungie is going a little overboard with the "OH MY GOD DONT LET THE PLAYERS GET THE GOOD GEAR TOO FAST" when the games Final Endgame Boss can reward you only with a 1/10th part of a "POSSIBLE MAYBE DROP FROM THE SAME BOSS ON YOUR KILL ON HIM NEXT WEEK"

    That huge flying asshole should ALWAYS drop at least one item.

    Sirialis on
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular
    I got a Bond drop yesterday off a match. My plan now is to just finish but not turn in bounties until either Sunday or my bounty inventory is full. Saving them day to day used to be a losing proposition but now they change from day to day and, assuming they work like other bounties, you can have two of the same one in your inventory anyway.

    You can?

    My experience with having a bounty that they already have in their inventory is once I turn the one that I've completed in they don't offer it a second time it just counts as being completed that day too.

    What's the trick?


    2 of the 3 bounties so far have been different. I think the 13 Primary kill is the only recurring one. I think the difference/bonus of holding on to the bounties is offset by missing out on the 1.

    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »

    And yeah I'm sure the total rep progression is probably not that out of whack with how it was previously, it just FEELS way slower when you turn in all three bounties after the first match or two and then sit and grind out wins without that occasional rep injection from a bounty completion.

    I can agree with this statement. It feels slower, but it might actually be faster. I hit Rank 3 in less than 6 hours of actual time spent in Crucible. You get Faction and Crucible rep regardless when you lose, and individual wins give a lot of rep. I went from 2227 to 2500 to hit rank 3 with one win and one medal. That seems like a lot of rep for only those two things. We are probably used to the old system and so it feels strange to not have the same amount of daily bounties, when in fact we are earning more rep overall.

    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    The drop rates have kept me out of Man Bruce entirely. Juice not worth squeeze.

    Okay now, these names are getting out of hand. This is madness!

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    I got a Bond drop yesterday off a match. My plan now is to just finish but not turn in bounties until either Sunday or my bounty inventory is full. Saving them day to day used to be a losing proposition but now they change from day to day and, assuming they work like other bounties, you can have two of the same one in your inventory anyway.

    You can?

    My experience with having a bounty that they already have in their inventory is once I turn the one that I've completed in they don't offer it a second time it just counts as being completed that day too.

    What's the trick?


    2 of the 3 bounties so far have been different. I think the 13 Primary kill is the only recurring one. I think the difference/bonus of holding on to the bounties is offset by missing out on the 1.

    But it sounds like he's saying on Sunday he'll be able to turn in say... two 13 Primary Kill bounties?

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    I got a Bond drop yesterday off a match. My plan now is to just finish but not turn in bounties until either Sunday or my bounty inventory is full. Saving them day to day used to be a losing proposition but now they change from day to day and, assuming they work like other bounties, you can have two of the same one in your inventory anyway.

    You can?

    My experience with having a bounty that they already have in their inventory is once I turn the one that I've completed in they don't offer it a second time it just counts as being completed that day too.

    What's the trick?


    2 of the 3 bounties so far have been different. I think the 13 Primary kill is the only recurring one. I think the difference/bonus of holding on to the bounties is offset by missing out on the 1.

    .... Maybe I should've been picking up the bounties every day on my alts to have them full of bounties by the time I got round to taking them through IB.

    Well, only missed out on two days thus far, will remember from now on.

    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I hope today's maps are a little different from yesterday's, assuming it's not totally RNG (which it doesn't seem to be). The rotation of Rusted Lands, Dungeons, Widow's Court with a hint of Bannerfall was pretty awful. Dungeons and Widow's Court are both miserable fucking Control maps.

    I actually like Dungeons and Widow's Court. Dungeons is symmetrical, with the crystal room offering a third line of attack upon B. And Widow's Court is manageable if you know the trick. Which is ignore B, hold A and C.

    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    The drop rates have kept me out of Man Bruce entirely. Juice not worth squeeze.

    Okay now, these names are getting out of hand. This is madness!
    Madness?

    THIS
    IS
    IRONBANNER!

    *kick*

  • CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    I got a Bond drop yesterday off a match. My plan now is to just finish but not turn in bounties until either Sunday or my bounty inventory is full. Saving them day to day used to be a losing proposition but now they change from day to day and, assuming they work like other bounties, you can have two of the same one in your inventory anyway.

    You can?

    My experience with having a bounty that they already have in their inventory is once I turn the one that I've completed in they don't offer it a second time it just counts as being completed that day too.

    What's the trick?


    2 of the 3 bounties so far have been different. I think the 13 Primary kill is the only recurring one. I think the difference/bonus of holding on to the bounties is offset by missing out on the 1.

    But it sounds like he's saying on Sunday he'll be able to turn in say... two 13 Primary Kill bounties?

    Pretty sure he won't be able to. Unless I didn't notice bounties changing the way they work.

    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    how is it possible that killing Oryx can take 20 shards and give me no armor, no weapons, and give me back just 2 shards.

    are you fucking kidding me

    Shards give you a chance not a guarantee of extra drops. The 2 shards are the 2 you get anyway for beating a boss.

    no no

    I got

    nothing

    except 2 shards.

    that shouldn't happen! even if I only have a chance to get something from turning in the shards, it should not be the case that I get NOTHING from oryx, and then he takes 20 of the shards, and says "yo, I only needed 18 of these actually, here's 2 back, see you next week"

    that's a buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit loot system.

    Welcome to Destiny

    man I've been in Destiny since early beta. I'm no stranger to dumb loot, but at the very least I would get armor or a gun from killing Atheon or Crota. We're talking the last boss of the longest raid yet. Getting nothing but two shards, and taking the currency DESIGNED to give you more loot and give nothing, is completely ridiculous. Above and beyond what Destiny was or ever has been. This new system is completely broken.

    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    So is it confirmed that the bounties for IB scale up in rewards day by day? I thought so, but....
    The idea that they had the weekly bounties out that people could complete in a couple days that actively punish you for turning them in early is pretty annoying.

  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    I hope today's maps are a little different from yesterday's, assuming it's not totally RNG (which it doesn't seem to be). The rotation of Rusted Lands, Dungeons, Widow's Court with a hint of Bannerfall was pretty awful. Dungeons and Widow's Court are both miserable fucking Control maps.

    I actually like Dungeons and Widow's Court. Dungeons is symmetrical, with the crystal room offering a third line of attack upon B. And Widow's Court is manageable if you know the trick. Which is ignore B, hold A and C.
    Dungeons is ridiculously easy to spawn camp one side. Maybe it's true for both sides but I wouldn't know. I can't get out of freaking spawn!

    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So is it confirmed that the bounties for IB scale up in rewards day by day? I thought so, but....
    The idea that they had the weekly bounties out that people could complete in a couple days that actively punish you for turning them in early is pretty annoying.

    You automatically get tempering this IB. It's not necessarily that the bounties get bigger, just the rep gets multiplied.

    But yeah, hold on to your weekly bounties as long as possible. If you don't need the marks and it's not going to cap out your reputation with IB, keep them.

    Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I was so close to being the top score in an IB match last night but I missed two golden gun shots and that was all she wrote god damn it preacher!!!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    I hope today's maps are a little different from yesterday's, assuming it's not totally RNG (which it doesn't seem to be). The rotation of Rusted Lands, Dungeons, Widow's Court with a hint of Bannerfall was pretty awful. Dungeons and Widow's Court are both miserable fucking Control maps.

    I actually like Dungeons and Widow's Court. Dungeons is symmetrical, with the crystal room offering a third line of attack upon B. And Widow's Court is manageable if you know the trick. Which is ignore B, hold A and C.
    Dungeons is ridiculously easy to spawn camp one side. Maybe it's true for both sides but I wouldn't know. I can't get out of freaking spawn!

    There are three ways out of each spawn, four if you count the crystal room having both a drop down hole and a through-way. I don't think I've ever been spawn-camped on that map. There is the long corridor on one side, the ramp to the B raised areas on the other, and the crystal room in the middle.

    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Doing a spindle run on ps4 right now. Help welcome.

  • TabinTabin Registered User regular
    Sounds good see you then @Muffinatron

  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    I hope today's maps are a little different from yesterday's, assuming it's not totally RNG (which it doesn't seem to be). The rotation of Rusted Lands, Dungeons, Widow's Court with a hint of Bannerfall was pretty awful. Dungeons and Widow's Court are both miserable fucking Control maps.

    I actually like Dungeons and Widow's Court. Dungeons is symmetrical, with the crystal room offering a third line of attack upon B. And Widow's Court is manageable if you know the trick. Which is ignore B, hold A and C.

    We were getting spawn-camped like whoa on Dungeons due to it having super shitty spawn locations and, much like Shores of Time, position A is a BAD IDEA to hold.

    Widow's Court is just too large and a bit too sniper-friendly. Not a terrible map, but not super fun for Control.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don't mind widows court. The earth Map I hate is that wide open one with a crashed hive ship. That shit is sniper land.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    how is it possible that killing Oryx can take 20 shards and give me no armor, no weapons, and give me back just 2 shards.

    are you fucking kidding me

    Shards give you a chance not a guarantee of extra drops. The 2 shards are the 2 you get anyway for beating a boss.

    no no

    I got

    nothing

    except 2 shards.

    that shouldn't happen! even if I only have a chance to get something from turning in the shards, it should not be the case that I get NOTHING from oryx, and then he takes 20 of the shards, and says "yo, I only needed 18 of these actually, here's 2 back, see you next week"

    that's a buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit loot system.

    Welcome to Destiny

    man I've been in Destiny since early beta. I'm no stranger to dumb loot, but at the very least I would get armor or a gun from killing Atheon or Crota. We're talking the last boss of the longest raid yet. Getting nothing but two shards, and taking the currency DESIGNED to give you more loot and give nothing, is completely ridiculous. Above and beyond what Destiny was or ever has been. This new system is completely broken.

    To be fair you weren't guaranteed loot on Atheon et al either. There have been plenty of runs where I only got shards/energy of whatever flavor they dropped. Doesn't make it any better of course but it's about par for the course.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    how is it possible that killing Oryx can take 20 shards and give me no armor, no weapons, and give me back just 2 shards.

    are you fucking kidding me

    Shards give you a chance not a guarantee of extra drops. The 2 shards are the 2 you get anyway for beating a boss.

    no no

    I got

    nothing

    except 2 shards.

    that shouldn't happen! even if I only have a chance to get something from turning in the shards, it should not be the case that I get NOTHING from oryx, and then he takes 20 of the shards, and says "yo, I only needed 18 of these actually, here's 2 back, see you next week"

    that's a buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit loot system.

    Welcome to Destiny

    man I've been in Destiny since early beta. I'm no stranger to dumb loot, but at the very least I would get armor or a gun from killing Atheon or Crota. We're talking the last boss of the longest raid yet. Getting nothing but two shards, and taking the currency DESIGNED to give you more loot and give nothing, is completely ridiculous. Above and beyond what Destiny was or ever has been. This new system is completely broken.

    To be fair you weren't guaranteed loot on Atheon et al either. There have been plenty of runs where I only got shards/energy of whatever flavor they dropped. Doesn't make it any better of course but it's about par for the course.

    I think a part of it is that before if you got a Fatebringer to drop you were set, you had your Fatebringer in all it's glory. Now you can get something like the raid machine gun but it can be 300 and thus.....not really the raid machine gun. You still have to keep hoping to get the raid machine gun and hope it rolls higher. Repeat until you finally hit 310.

    I will say that duplicates aren't quite as bad anymore because of infusion but they're still not that exciting.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Yeah, all of my drops last night were 300 which was a bit disappointing, but at least I got drops (including Warlock Helm and Pulse Rifle from ol' Oryx).

  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    I got a Bond drop yesterday off a match. My plan now is to just finish but not turn in bounties until either Sunday or my bounty inventory is full. Saving them day to day used to be a losing proposition but now they change from day to day and, assuming they work like other bounties, you can have two of the same one in your inventory anyway.

    You can?

    My experience with having a bounty that they already have in their inventory is once I turn the one that I've completed in they don't offer it a second time it just counts as being completed that day too.

    What's the trick?


    2 of the 3 bounties so far have been different. I think the 13 Primary kill is the only recurring one. I think the difference/bonus of holding on to the bounties is offset by missing out on the 1.

    Or just turn in the primary kill one each day and keep the other two?

    Actually writing that out, that may be what I do going forward.

  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    does your LL affect the LL of the raid drops or is it totally random?

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Something that I've noticed regarding the matchmaking and 5-6 man fireteams too:

    The player composition of a lot of these matches seems to match up to each other. Say you form a fireteam of an Ace, Lancer, and Charlie... then just three others that don't really pvp that much. At the end of a matches, usually there's the same proportional dispersal of scores/deaths on both sides... like so:

    25%, 20%, 20%, and the remaining 35% of the score being split between the bottom three guys on both sides.

    The pattern in general tends to be top 3 guys have 60% or more of the team's total score, then the remaining 40% goes to the bottom three. So I think the MM also isn't entirely putting together teams with equally skilled members across the board, just running numbers from a few games. Even without preformed groups, the MM may also attempt to follow the pattern that most preformed fireteams do; your one friend that's great at PVP, the two guys that are okay then... the others.

    In the old days (and other games now), if you have a full team, it would take a while to find a match because the game would try and put you against a team of similar size and skill first... then failing that, several smaller teams, then individuals... I don't think Destiny does that so much as tries to put together a "team" of similar composition as the other guys. Except that doesn't work because the preformed fireteam has the advantage of coordination/etc.

    So, to the guys here that regularly do fireteams; does it take a while to get into a match, or is it about the same as if you were solo?

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    how is it possible that killing Oryx can take 20 shards and give me no armor, no weapons, and give me back just 2 shards.

    are you fucking kidding me

    Shards give you a chance not a guarantee of extra drops. The 2 shards are the 2 you get anyway for beating a boss.

    no no

    I got

    nothing

    except 2 shards.

    that shouldn't happen! even if I only have a chance to get something from turning in the shards, it should not be the case that I get NOTHING from oryx, and then he takes 20 of the shards, and says "yo, I only needed 18 of these actually, here's 2 back, see you next week"

    that's a buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit loot system.

    Welcome to Destiny

    man I've been in Destiny since early beta. I'm no stranger to dumb loot, but at the very least I would get armor or a gun from killing Atheon or Crota. We're talking the last boss of the longest raid yet. Getting nothing but two shards, and taking the currency DESIGNED to give you more loot and give nothing, is completely ridiculous. Above and beyond what Destiny was or ever has been. This new system is completely broken.

    To be fair you weren't guaranteed loot on Atheon et al either. There have been plenty of runs where I only got shards/energy of whatever flavor they dropped. Doesn't make it any better of course but it's about par for the course.

    I think a part of it is that before if you got a Fatebringer to drop you were set, you had your Fatebringer in all it's glory. Now you can get something like the raid machine gun but it can be 300 and thus.....not really the raid machine gun. You still have to keep hoping to get the raid machine gun and hope it rolls higher. Repeat until you finally hit 310.

    I will say that duplicates aren't quite as bad anymore because of infusion but they're still not that exciting.

    Technically with 3 of coins the way people have been getting their drops to 310 is just chaining level 36 strikes. Getting a 310 exotic means you can get it up to 310. It's still RNG and it still sucks... but outside of class items, boots and ghosts, you can get everything to 310 that way.

    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    does your LL affect the LL of the raid drops or is it totally random?

    I want to say its random, but I haven't raided since I pushed my LL above 305.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Was doing Iron Banana last night and I got a level 297 Titan Mark. For reference I was banana rank 2, and LL 294

    Kind of made up for some of the crappy games, although I did get my three bounties done.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm currently rank 2 with the IB, though I've only done like 7 matches and won 3 times. I mainly want that pimping wolf cloak because come on pimp wolf.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    I hope today's maps are a little different from yesterday's, assuming it's not totally RNG (which it doesn't seem to be). The rotation of Rusted Lands, Dungeons, Widow's Court with a hint of Bannerfall was pretty awful. Dungeons and Widow's Court are both miserable fucking Control maps.

    I actually like Dungeons and Widow's Court. Dungeons is symmetrical, with the crystal room offering a third line of attack upon B. And Widow's Court is manageable if you know the trick. Which is ignore B, hold A and C.
    Dungeons is ridiculously easy to spawn camp one side. Maybe it's true for both sides but I wouldn't know. I can't get out of freaking spawn!

    There are three ways out of each spawn, four if you count the crystal room having both a drop down hole and a through-way. I don't think I've ever been spawn-camped on that map. There is the long corridor on one side, the ramp to the B raised areas on the other, and the crystal room in the middle.
    Three ways out don't help when you're dead before you can ready your weapon because the other team is running back and forth to the spawn locations with shotguns. It doesn't happen every match thankfully but it makes a hell of a case study in terrible spawn design.

    There's a similar problem in bannerfall where a sniper can run behind your spawn location and pick you off from behind as you spawn in.

    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm currently rank 2 with the IB, though I've only done like 7 matches and won 3 times. I mainly want that pimping wolf cloak because come on pimp wolf.

    Wolf cloak is further proof that guardians are assholes.

    I have two so far and I'm 100% certain they hunted down the last few wolves on Earth to make them and stuff into a warehouse somewhere.

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Bungie does need to fix that infinishot shadow shot. I was in a match where a hunter was doing that and it basically meant he could hold down a b point indefinitely.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    does your LL affect the LL of the raid drops or is it totally random?

    I want to say its random, but I haven't raided since I pushed my LL above 305.

    It seems to be random. I've seen people sub 300 get things at 310 but in 5 full clears all above LL 300 I have yet to get a single piece of armor higher than 302. Guns have been 300-307 and my two ghost shells are 303 and 307.

    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    does your LL affect the LL of the raid drops or is it totally random?

    Random, 300-310.

    Last week when I ran through at 305 I got a 300 shell and 300 shotgun. My very first run (when we were sub-290) I got a 308 fusion at the first loot chest and Zombie got a 310 fusion from the same chest.

    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
This discussion has been closed.