As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Movie] Thread... Not a Jaywalking Thread

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Well

they can't all be inside out

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Basically it sounds like go see Creed

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Well

they can't all be inside out

No, most dinosaurs would have many difficulties if they were inside out.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I will say that cartoony snake looks very out of place in that gorgeous water

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    You mean "The Okay Dinosaur"?

MV5BMTk4ODM5Mzg1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDk2OTI1MDE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

I think that's a dinosaur

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

I think that's a dinosaur

It looks really weird

Did someone pluck it or something?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    By the way, spoilers, The Good Dinosaur is just 2 hours of me smiling and waving.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Just noticed They, a 2002 horror film, is on Netflix.

Gonna see if it's still any good.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I know I'm late to the party, but Kubrick is fucken awesome.

I usually try to watch Shining, 2001 and Clockwork at least once a year.

2001 on mushies was ridiculous

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm ok with this

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Even if you see The Good Dinosaur, also see Creed.

Seriously, see Creed. Let Hollywood know that the world demands more Michael B Jordan.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Wait, so they're rebooting The Mummy, with an even older actor?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Tom Cruise is eternal

• Options
    alt post: he's playing the mummy

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    He's playing the mummy, right?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Tom Cruise is eternal

Ain't no mummy catching him when he starts running...

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The cast for Doctor Strange is BONKERS

- Benedict Cumberbatch
    - Chiwetel Ejiofor
    - Rachel McAdams
    - Michael Stuhlbarg
    - Mads Mikkelsen
    - Tilda Swinton

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    There is a lot of people on there with hard to spell names.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

I know, seriously, Rachel?

What kind of parents give a name like that?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

I know, seriously, Rachel?

What kind of parents give a name like that?

Should have picked something normal, like Benadrill Chamberpot.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

That's some serious dedication to Matthew McConaughey cosplay.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Man, Aeon Flex is sure a garbage movie.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Man, Aeon Flex is sure a garbage movie.

Well it was a garbage television show, so

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I get Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet mixed up real bad.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

Add in Equilibrium for me as well

I can usually only even remember the name of two of them at a time, and in fact just had to google "Aeon Flux Ultraviolet" to figure it out

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »

That's some serious dedication to Matthew McConaughey cosplay.

He certainly lost a bunch of weight. Though him pulling his shoulders up and back make him look a lot skinnier. He's got a ways to go to hit that McConaughey or Bale status.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Prerelease word I'm hearing about The Good Dinosaur, that new Pixar movie that is out TOMORROW, has been...tepid at best
    It currently has an 87% on Rotten Tomatoes?

It ain't setting the world on fire like Inside Out but tepid at best is straight up factually incorrect

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also apparently halfway through it turns into a "bizarro western" starring dinosaurs so that movie sounds totally alright to me

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

I love Ultraviolet it is so dumb. The sunglasses shootout is beautiful.

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Also apparently halfway through it turns into a "bizarro western" starring dinosaurs so that movie sounds totally alright to me

Is a "bizarro western" like that segment in "The Wrong Guy" where the poor downtrodden bankers are being oppressed by the rich farmers?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Hardly scientific but google trends gives a surprising result.
    4udvwhq671rx.jpg

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Prerelease word I'm hearing about The Good Dinosaur, that new Pixar movie that is out TOMORROW, has been...tepid at best

It ain't setting the world on fire like Inside Out but tepid at best is straight up factually incorrect

The Metacritic side of the review coin has the film at a 69%, which isn't terrible but isn't exactly glowing. Combined with the RT score and the fact that a majority of the MC scores are low "green" scores (better than a 60) it's certainly not a bad movie.

Most of the critical reviews seem to follow the same pattern of "it's visually beautiful, but feels like a cookie cutter Pixar film."

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    that alvin and the chipmunks graph is more regular than i'm comfortable with

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »

The Metacritic side of the review coin has the film at a 69%, which isn't terrible but isn't exactly glowing. Combined with the RT score and the fact that a majority of the MC scores are low "green" scores (better than a 60) it's certainly not a bad movie.

Most of the critical reviews seem to follow the same pattern of "it's visually beautiful, but feels like a cookie cutter Pixar film."

What are critics going to do when Pixar makes a movie about the secret lives of kitchen utensils, centering around the cookie cutters?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I cheated a little with the Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip" was getting zero results so I just used "alvin and the chipmunks" so there's probably a lot of background noise from the previous movies.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

What are critics going to do when Pixar makes a movie about the secret lives of kitchen utensils, centering around the cookie cutters?

...that actually sounds like a great idea.

• Options

Write insufferable headlines

• Options
    I want it to be the best movie they've ever made, just to retroactively alter the tone of those previous reviews.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.