As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blade & Soul] WARLOCK! Poharan/Cerulean Order! Leveling Challenge!

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Changing classes here- BM. Mine just hit 22 and I have this Flock of Blades ability now. Uh, how do I use this to great effect?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    wish I could make a jin force master. grumble.

also this story has some issues
    I like that they show the hero didn't want to foil the yonkai assassination plot, which we did for reasons or something.

These sages keep asking me about sandstone village and they are right, I don't give a fuck about sandstone village, why would I? if these guys are so great and wise they should know that giving mushin's legacy to a guy like yonkai is a bad idea, and that jinsoyung should be stopped on principle because she is a Bad Dude.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    "Some" issues. Personally I'm wondering why supergod-plot armor chose Cricket as her champion and not Soha or someone seemingly more capable, or at least someone with any conviction whatsoever.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    So I made a summoner and am playing around. Who do I contact for a clan invite? My char is Jaenelle DiVore.

same, an invite for FrostyBrown would not go amiss

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Yeah would be cool to join the clan. Do we have to be online at the same time as someone with invite capability?

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Floor 7 of mushins tower steps it up. A lot.

Gotta practice a bit so I can react properly to all his bullshit I guess.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Pugging 4 man Poh is a pain in the ass.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    Pugging 4 man Poh is a pain in the ass.

I'll do it with ya.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    gifs like this are why I don't feel bad if I manage to permafreeze a bad KFM

https://gfycat.com/JollyGreedyCougar

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

>.> Yeah, I know more or less what was going on there. Traited everything possible to daze or stun, then linked them in a chain of CC/3RF unloads.

I admit I don't do that exact build.

It looks like his opponent never used his tab? I think that's still up even in stun/daze, and really should have been used there. Unless somehow he fired it off the Low Sweep initiation (which if so he fucked up hard, because knockdown isn't useful for KFM combos).

Oh, and I rewatched it to check his ending focus. That should have been a kill - he had enough to do Meteor Slam out of it, and his opponent was low enough that a full pin combo would have killed him.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    god damn I just spent like 60 silver fusing all these lycan weapons onto my staff

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

>.> Yeah, I know more or less what was going on there. Traited everything possible to daze or stun, then linked them in a chain of CC/3RF unloads.

It looks like his opponent never used his tab? I think that's still up even in stun/daze, and really should have been used there. Unless somehow he fired it off the Low Sweep initiation (which if so he fucked up hard, because knockdown isn't useful for KFM combos).

Oh, and I rewatched it to check his ending focus. That should have been a kill - he had enough to do Meteor Slam out of it, and his opponent was low enough that a full pin combo would have killed him.

I saw this post on reddit. Apparently the site its on only allows up to 15 second clips, so he chose the most relevant parts. He had dodged the assassins tab blind, and did indeed kill him at the end with the aerial finisher.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

I saw this post on reddit. Apparently the site its on only allows up to 15 second clips, so he chose the most relevant parts. He had dodged the assassins tab blind, and did indeed kill him at the end with the aerial finisher.

Yep, that makes sense then.

KFM, gods of the punish.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    @Kai_San Thoughts on the below? Saw this on reddit in some fashion, would love a second opinion. I already do the basic portion, but I've only messed around with the Aerial portion a little bit and instead sometimes am spec'd into Fire Fury because I decided to play around using it for Fire Orb generation for Dragonblaze access to burst when other cooldowns are down.

FM Basic Opener:
    3 (Stun) -> RLX -> RLV -> RL1 (Stun)
    [as presented it was RL1 instead of RLV but it feels like you should be using Meteor Shower here to take advantage of the burn from Inferno]

FM Aerial Extension (extends naturally from above)
    (Any Stun, assumes 0 Chill) -> RL [walk up during this if not already point blank] Tab (knockup) -> Z -> RL4 (air grab) -> (wait 1.5s) -> 1 (knockdown) -> (Z detonates for knockup) -> RLC -> FFF. Ends with 2 chill as they roll away, so quite possible to catch them right afterwards with another minicombo of RL1 (stun) -> RL1 -> RL2 (daze) -> RL1 (stun) -> RL1 -> RL1.

edit: Ugh, I am actually having a hell of a time getting the launcher to work right. Not sure if I'm lagging or playing like a potato but I can never seem to react in time. Maybe I'll just give up and take those 4 points and go back to Fire Fury...

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Well, made it to 43 and the Highland Necropolis, so 45 shouldn't be too far away. I also scored Infinite Challenge while doing Dreadtide Arena on my way through(first try, killed the boss without taking a hit, yay Assassin,) and that looks fucking awesome, so woo!
    6zC6Ehi.jpg

• Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    god damn I just spent like 60 silver fusing all these lycan weapons onto my staff

About that time is when you switch over to using Offering weapons, as anything other than Infernal items that fuse for 50copper start becoming prohibitively expensive for very little XP. Check the market for Cold Iron Offering weapons, they net solid XP and cost a reasonable amount to fuse. (Assuming you've used up all your Infernal weapons possible or they're down to crappy XP)

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Well, made it to 43 and the Highland Necropolis, so 45 shouldn't be too far away. I also scored Infinite Challenge while doing Dreadtide Arena on my way through(first try, killed the boss without taking a hit, yay Assassin,) and that looks fucking awesome, so woo!
    6zC6Ehi.jpg

If you post this on Reddit, you will score enough salt to dehydrate the entire planet and the next 2 that come after.

There are people who have grinded that place every day since release who have yet to get it.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    @Kai_San Thoughts on the below? Saw this on reddit in some fashion, would love a second opinion. I already do the basic portion, but I've only messed around with the Aerial portion a little bit and instead sometimes am spec'd into Fire Fury because I decided to play around using it for Fire Orb generation for Dragonblaze access to burst when other cooldowns are down.

FM Basic Opener:
    [as presented it was RL1 instead of RLV but it feels like you should be using Meteor Shower here to take advantage of the burn from Inferno]

(Any Stun, assumes 0 Chill) -> RL [walk up during this if not already point blank] Tab (knockup) -> Z -> RL4 (air grab) -> (wait 1.5s) -> 1 (knockdown) -> (Z detonates for knockup) -> RLC -> FFF. Ends with 2 chill as they roll away, so quite possible to catch them right afterwards with another minicombo of RL1 (stun) -> RL1 -> RL2 (daze) -> RL1 (stun) -> RL1 -> RL1.

edit: Ugh, I am actually having a hell of a time getting the launcher to work right. Not sure if I'm lagging or playing like a potato but I can never seem to react in time. Maybe I'll just give up and take those 4 points and go back to Fire Fury...

The basic has to have RL1 in place of RLV because otherwise it is not a combo. The timing is VERY strict because the stuns are so short. In fact if your ping is not 100 or less I don't even think you can pull it off reliably.

The extension is correct, but you also get 1 more RL1 in at the end of that basic combo. Also you have to be 100% aware of all chill stacks because the "basic" combo changes based on how many chill they had previous. If it is 0 that is fine, but if it was 1 or 2 you need to leave out that many R inputs because the 3 applies a stun AND freeze. If they had 2 chill and you 3 into RLX, you blow all the chill on them to re freeze and now only get 1 follow up stun.

And I am not even remotely close to being able to do those things yet. I actually gave up on launchers all together because it seems like I can never hit register any of the CC we have to land them, the only time I know when I will stun them they are at the ass end of my 1 and there is no way to reach them in the 1 second you get. The rest of our CC is also so short I can never tell if it "landed" or got broken so I never land a launch. So instead I shifted my spec into a different mentality to force myself into gold last night. I saw some FM do a more basic, pressure type of approach that for the most part will work on anyone who cannot combo you to death. Specced fire tab 3 deep (which still launches I guess but I don't bother) for deflect, switch grip to the aoe pull for free burst with meteor shower (which is undefendable, so I don't have to worry about the picture perfect openings I get vs deflect classes who can time deflects perfectly into any openings on them that exist between their rushdown spam and other lockdown), and then just use 2 aggressively for damage because it also is undefendable. Outside of BM this works great. I guess BM is the only one you HAVE to do this higher end strat vs. You need to land a combo on them when you manage to land anything at all, and you need to launch them into an aerial grip to stop their defense briefly.

On a positive note, I managed to knock off a ton of shit from my to do list last night that has taken me nearly a week.

First ever kill on Junghado. Took me 45 minutes and nearly broke my weapon again, but I did it and did it clean.
    FINALLY got my brightstone weapon so my weapon is now True Profane 10. It should sit there for a little while cause I am going for accessories next.
    As stated, managed to push to 1600 rating so I could at least get the 30 soulstones with my beans. Which means I am not ridiculously poor anymore because I spent all night failing these three things for no gain.
    Managed to get the crit and crit damage bracelet, which is a huge improvement over the attack power one (the 7 atp is less than 2% more damage, the 15% or so crit damage I got is nearly a 7% increase at my crit rate)
    Did the new dungeon for the first time, and managed to get a pirate officer outfit. The blue quality one I think drops from random named mobs in there. It was one of the top outfits I have wanted since I took a full look at the wardrobe on release. My look is perfect now (mainly because it has no random junk on the back that interferes with long hair).

So I am sitting pretty good. I would like to get the 7th piece of the endless tower SS so I have the full set. I can worry about the best crit pieces from harbor later. My next goal is now collecting the stuff I need to power level my other two characters to at least 30. That should only take a few nights once I collect enough exp soup.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    Because no one else posted, and this certainly does not fit into my last post...

Does anyone have popcorn? You are gonna need popcorn. Because there is going to be an AMA on the B&S reddit on thursday (2-4PM PST).

The reddit for this game (while it has a few good people) seriously competes with the official forums for worst user base. This is going to be a must see train wreck.

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »
    6zC6Ehi.jpg

If you post this on Reddit, you will score enough salt to dehydrate the entire planet and the next 2 that come after.

There are people who have grinded that place every day since release who have yet to get it.

WA ha ha haa. I know.

It's a really nice looking outfit, too. The Jin variant is probably my favorite of the set. I feel that with this I'm really not going to be farming any other specific outfits, except maybe White Jiangshi. Just a couple more days and I'll be farming with the rest of you!

• Options
    It has really quieted down in game lately. I am not sure if it is just because people are mostly busy doing solo stuff or just not really on when I am on. But there isn't much going on most nights.

I am just now getting to the point where I could likely do the 4 man dungeons and not be a liability. Would have been nice if we had enough in guild willing to do those.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    For a roleless game, I sure do feel pressured to play my blademaster as a tank in group content...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I go full goose and draw aggro from everything in sight and their little dogs too and just deal with it, np. Don't worry I'll take care of myself.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    It really isn't roleless though. Just not a trinity.

I still think its best said like this. GW2 got rid of the trinity but emphasized healing while forgoing tanking. B&S emphasizes tanking while mostly forgoing healing.

You can play the game without tanking, but it sure as hell makes fights go better.

• Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    For a roleless game, I sure do feel pressured to play my blademaster as a tank in group content...

that's because there are roles and BMs are tanks

• Options
    I will admit the lack of people even attempting to do it though made me really wish I had went with KFM first.

• Options
    I tried KFM and did not enjoy it. I'll stab people with lightning from behind thankyouverymuch.

• Options
    I wanted to make a blade master, but not getting cyclone until level 22 looks like an incredible slog

• Options
    The majority of leveling up BM for me was:

1. Sprint and gather up everything in the area.
    2. Run to a spot where I can turn around and block everything following me
    3. When they pile up on me drop the AoE 3 that restores focus and hold Tab (with the daze) until everything dies.
    4. Repeat

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    that's how summoner is. run around tagging everything, pet taunt, doom n bloom+briars

• Options
    Assassin is all, pick one of three ways to enter stealth, rmb+f until everything is dead, until roughly level 40. No AoE makes it so sloow but it's so much fun to solo bosses.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    ...I have a BM and a Summoner and I haven't tried what you two are saying.

• Options
    I stopped grouping for all these mini dungeons a while ago. have cat, will travel

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Got my assassin up to 43. Made it through that weird monster arena thing pretty easily after getting totally wrecked in there at 42. Doing pvp dailies and trying to get through the story as fast as I can, but the rose event and crafting guild stuff have slowed me down a bit. At least I can afford to windstride to back and forth across the map now without going broke. Which is good because, now that I think about it, I have some accessories to upgrade too.

• Options
    Got my assassin up to 43. Made it through that weird monster arena thing pretty easily after getting totally wrecked in there at 42. Doing pvp dailies and trying to get through the story as fast as I can, but the rose event and crafting guild stuff have slowed me down a bit. At least I can afford to windstride to back and forth across the map now without going broke. Which is good because, now that I think about it, I have some accessories to upgrade too.

Most upgrade requirements can be bought or are in things you can queue for, so no need to warp around.

• Options
    I tried tag team, that takes some getting used to but I won all 3 matches

• Options
    edited February 2016

FM Basic Opener:

The basic has to have RL1 in place of RLV because otherwise it is not a combo. The timing is VERY strict because the stuns are so short. In fact if your ping is not 100 or less I don't even think you can pull it off reliably.

The extension is correct, but you also get 1 more RL1 in at the end of that basic combo. Also you have to be 100% aware of all chill stacks because the "basic" combo changes based on how many chill they had previous. If it is 0 that is fine, but if it was 1 or 2 you need to leave out that many R inputs because the 3 applies a stun AND freeze. If they had 2 chill and you 3 into RLX, you blow all the chill on them to re freeze and now only get 1 follow up stun.

And I am not even remotely close to being able to do those things yet. I actually gave up on launchers all together because it seems like I can never hit register any of the CC we have to land them, the only time I know when I will stun them they are at the ass end of my 1 and there is no way to reach them in the 1 second you get. The rest of our CC is also so short I can never tell if it "landed" or got broken so I never land a launch. So instead I shifted my spec into a different mentality to force myself into gold last night. I saw some FM do a more basic, pressure type of approach that for the most part will work on anyone who cannot combo you to death. Specced fire tab 3 deep (which still launches I guess but I don't bother) for deflect, switch grip to the aoe pull for free burst with meteor shower (which is undefendable, so I don't have to worry about the picture perfect openings I get vs deflect classes who can time deflects perfectly into any openings on them that exist between their rushdown spam and other lockdown), and then just use 2 aggressively for damage because it also is undefendable. Outside of BM this works great. I guess BM is the only one you HAVE to do this higher end strat vs. You need to land a combo on them when you manage to land anything at all, and you need to launch them into an aerial grip to stop their defense briefly.

Yeah, see my edit from that post, the launcher is maddening to me. I ended up ekeing out some success with scrublord Fire Fury into Dragonblaze nonsense instead but I know that's not very consistent. I don't think the AoE pull will work for me (I use it in PvE though) because Drain has saved my ass so many times it's silly. (My focus management could be better.)

Actually, take a look at this as an alternate combo instead and let me know what you think. It's changing mentality around towards more of a fighting game ground combo into wall mindset:

[assume 0 chill] 3 (Stun) -> RLX -> RL1 (Stun + Knockback) -> RL1 (Stun+knockback) -> RL1 -> RL2 (Daze+knockback) -> RL1 (Stun + Knockback) -> RL1 -> RL4 (Grab) -> [Walk and carry them the rest of the way to the edge of the arena that you've already been comboing towards with knockbacks] -> 2 (knockback and knockdown) [you should have gotten close enough that they basically get thrown straight into the wall] -> RL1 (Stun + Knockback) -> RL Tab [takes advantage of the fact that they're already at the wall, so you don't have to walk forward after Impact's stun]

So assuming this worked right, you have an airborne enemy right next to a wall. From there you have options, depending on whether Aerial Grip has a separate cooldown than normal Grip (I think it does?)
    Z -> RL4 -> [Wait 1.5s] -> 1 (knockdown) -> (Z detonates for knockup) -> RLC -> FFF/RLV
    if you can't Grip, then this should also work:
    RLV -> RL1 (stun + knockback) -> RLC [burn synergizes with V and you might be low focus at this point] -> RL1 [if you're particularly greedy, use F instead since it should have crit by now and you don't have enough time afterwards to stun anyway unless your opponent doesn't use an escape]

short form:
    3 RLX RL1 RL1 RL1 RL2 RL1 RL1 RL4 2 RL1 RLTab
    -> Z RL4 1 RLC FFF/RLV
    -> RLV RL1 RLC RL1/F

(at the end of the initial string is the ideal time for your local friendly @vagrant_winds to assist in and spin *cough*)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Well one thing that changes a lot of what you listed;

There is a thing where if you do any form of knockback where the opponent will hit a wall before the knockback is finished, everything else is interrupted with a brief wall hit animation. Almost all CC in the game that consists of ANY form of displacement (some things knock back slightly even without it being listed, like I think the KFM 4 that dazes) does not actually CC till the end of the knockback. The wall hitting animation interrupts the rest of the skills effects, and thus any CC.

So if you impact or grip 2 them so the knockback will hit a wall, you lose the stun/knockdown. It is what makes the knockdown from grip 2 (which is our ONLY reliable knockdown, which SUCKS) fairly useless. It is a good form of CC and can be used if they escape one of your dazes for a bit of pressure, but is fairly unreliable for comboing because they will be out of range of most of your stuff. If you were going to hit them into a wall with it, you are better off using 4.

This also brings to mind another thing that bothers me. There is a skill you can use during grip on tab, it says knocks down but cannot be used in arena. The description doesn't really have anything pointing it out, but I assume its because since it is an aoe knockdown, you need a target to hit with your current gripped target to use it? I never bothered to check. If that is the case, it might be just another thing to add to the way FM royally fucks summoner. Which I guess is nice, while we have to work our asses off in any other matchup, at least we have easy mode vs what everyone considers the most annoying class to pvp by a wide margin.

Aerial grip does have a separate CD from normal grip. It looks like you edited it somwhat in there but you still have 3 (1) skills in a row? It should only be two, one for the freeze applied from 3 and 1 for the freeze you worked up during the string. I also wouldn't use 2 in a combo because they are very likely to have escape up, and I am pretty sure it breaks freeze so you cant tech chase (a tech chase is too tight to apply rb and 1 in the tiny frame window you get I am pretty sure). Though I guess if it did work, you could prevent any form of escaping the knockdown from your launches.

• Options
    Well one thing that changes a lot of what you listed;

There is a thing where if you do any form of knockback where the opponent will hit a wall before the knockback is finished, everything else is interrupted with a brief wall hit animation. Almost all CC in the game that consists of ANY form of displacement (some things knock back slightly even without it being listed, like I think the KFM 4 that dazes) does not actually CC till the end of the knockback. The wall hitting animation interrupts the rest of the skills effects, and thus any CC.

So if you impact or grip 2 them so the knockback will hit a wall, you lose the stun/knockdown. It is what makes the knockdown from grip 2 (which is our ONLY reliable knockdown, which SUCKS) fairly useless. It is a good form of CC and can be used if they escape one of your dazes for a bit of pressure, but is fairly unreliable for comboing because they will be out of range of most of your stuff. If you were going to hit them into a wall with it, you are better off using 4.

This also brings to mind another thing that bothers me. There is a skill you can use during grip on tab, it says knocks down but cannot be used in arena. The description doesn't really have anything pointing it out, but I assume its because since it is an aoe knockdown, you need a target to hit with your current gripped target to use it? I never bothered to check. If that is the case, it might be just another thing to add to the way FM royally fucks summoner. Which I guess is nice, while we have to work our asses off in any other matchup, at least we have easy mode vs what everyone considers the most annoying class to pvp by a wide margin.

Aerial grip does have a separate CD from normal grip. It looks like you edited it somwhat in there but you still have 3 (1) skills in a row? It should only be two, one for the freeze applied from 3 and 1 for the freeze you worked up during the string. I also wouldn't use 2 in a combo because they are very likely to have escape up, and I am pretty sure it breaks freeze so you cant tech chase (a tech chase is too tight to apply rb and 1 in the tiny frame window you get I am pretty sure). Though I guess if it did work, you could prevent any form of escaping the knockdown from your launches.
    Wait, really? Hmm, that might actually explain some of what I saw last night with people not being quite as CC'd as I thought they should be. You're right, if you're close enough at least you can Grip -> 1/4.

Do you feel FM royally fucks summoner? I still haven't had success in that matchup, it goes too quickly for me to learn anything. I've tried sleeping the pet, it just woke up. I've tried killing the pet and sometimes it works and sometimes it goes resist and whoops that means it's still alive and I don't have anything up.

Yeah, let me fix it. Which escape are you referring to, Tab or backroll? I've heard and sort of seen that backroll you do have a window to nail them again.

It should be:
    3 RLX RL1 RL1 RL2 RL4 1/4 RL1 RLTab
    -> Z RL4 1 RLC FFF/RLV
    -> RLV RL1 RLC

I feel like you kind of have to use 2 in a combo instead of holding it or else you just can't do much. Well, maybe in 1s. I'd consider holding it in 3s because I like to use it to double daze on enemy assists and attempt to murder them both.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    where am I supposed to get these moonwater transformations tones?