As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blade & Soul] WARLOCK! Poharan/Cerulean Order! Leveling Challenge!

• Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I've been wrapped up in XCOM2 for the past couple days, and avoiding grinding out the cash to upgrade to Profane. I'll be back, though.

How cute, he thinks Profane requires cash grinding... *cries to self* just wait... just wait.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    JediNight wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I've been wrapped up in XCOM2 for the past couple days, and avoiding grinding out the cash to upgrade to Profane. I'll be back, though.

How cute, he thinks Profane requires cash grinding... *cries to self* just wait... just wait.

Yeah, thats doable in one day - E fleet and harbor will do it now.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I could pull the trigger on upgrading to Siren, but I have been waiting on stones to drop back down to or under 5g.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I haven't bothered yet because my FM already does ludicrous damage, and I really don't get much money atm. Also I used a lot of it twinking out my leveling experience on the new char.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I have a couple of my characters in Crimson Legion because I can't get into Cerulean, so when I do play them I'm not even in the clan.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I try to do at least a few dailies every day but that's about it. The bulk of my playtime is reserved for weekends and last weekend was Division beta, soooooo...

I'm honestly gunning more to try and finish just the story (yes yes I'm really behind) before the Division launches so I can feel better about vastly scaling back my playtime in this.

Also seeing the bot swarms grow and grow, especially in trying the Big Four dailies when I actually bother to do those. What are people's feelings on those? I've seen a lot of groups have people leave and effectively disband the party once they realize a bot is in the group and after 3-4 iterations of that, I'm honestly fine with just carrying a single bot through for the sake of getting the dungeon done.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I'm on EU, so can't really be active with pa people. If someone else here is on wild springs, feel free to holler though.

And I hadn't actually thought about there being bots in dungeons and pvp, but that explains a lot. So many free wins.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I have a couple of my characters in Crimson Legion because I can't get into Cerulean, so when I do play them I'm not even in the clan.

Well, the Legion does have cooler looking uniforms. So you have that going for you.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm loving this game... I'm just sadly gonna not be able to play it for two months coming up. :(

I'll be back afterwards though!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Geddoe wrote: »

Well, the Legion does have cooler looking uniforms. So you have that going for you.

With Cerulean being full anyways we should just make a crimson clan. Deepcrow Form.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    bad wrist posture has killed my left wrist and so I stopped playing. But I tried something out today and took a screenshot before changing it to something else. so here:
    eDepMzf.jpg

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Act 3 Chapter 27+
    Wait what the fuck did I really just get taken out by a mook with a two by four on walking into a tent?

Game plz

edit: And we go from that all of a sudden to the endgame and winning against Demon!Yura? The fuck?

RIP Iksanun, you ran out of disguises at the wrong time. But you kind of deserved it for raising such a stupid kid, I guess!

also, cannot wait until we can get these skills

http://oddshot.tv/shot/lsjjws3-20160224234556450

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    FYI, using dashes to get through doors in instances is an exploit, but they're only banning if you've done it *alot*.

c166290641d9be0c8c887ce180e93811.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That's because some players were running the dungeon non-stop for the stones that drop. An assassin could easily enter solo, stealth through and SS until they reach the boss, then steal solo kill the boss. Repeat.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Yeah 4 to 5 minute clears were the norm, for two of those tears or whatever it is that drop every time. They are worth at least a gold if not more? So like 15+ gold an hour easy.

As per usual, those people are still using the excuse that because the GAME let them do it, clearly they could never be punished for doing so. Clearly.

• Options
    So confiscation and/or bans for the most egregious offenders?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    the implication in the stream was outright bans.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Selling soulstones for gold, so much easier than doing dailies. My Locks gonna be rich.

On that note, I hear we're getting the super nerfed lock. Wonder how many people will stick with it after experiencing the pvp struggle.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    Selling soulstones for gold, so much easier than doing dailies. My Locks gonna be rich.

On that note, I hear we're getting the super nerfed lock. Wonder how many people will stick with it after experiencing the pvp struggle.

FWIW, soulstone prices seem to finally be crashing a bit. Seeing them dropped down to 22s per.

Finally messing around with Mushin's Tower. I can get through 1-6F no problem, can't really make much headway with Junghado just yet unfortunately.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Gameguard is back, surely that will be their solution to all the botting. Just you wait, March 2nd, no more bots! ....Yeah I totally believe them. Not.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    lets bot in a game that is dead because of all the botters

forward thinking man

I have no idea if bns is doing well or not so I'm not being serious about bns being dead

• Options
    Well being f2p means some people might break until there are much less bots. It does suck to have to run through 90% bots trying to play 1v1.

• Options
    As long as there is trading and a player economy there is going to be bots. It's direct competitor, black desert online, is also plagued by bots. WoW, with a Blizzard size budget, can't smite the bots.

So B&S's game systems are clearly built around bots being an ever present hydra and minimizing their damage to players. It sucks that you have to wade through them to clear the entry levels of 1v1 but think of it as fancy training dummies for players.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    It's not entry levels when you can practically get to. Plat entirely off bots. The ranks are skewed into almost all people who have a general idea how to play being 1750 or higher off bots, and enough bots squeak up there that you can slowly climb to plat with minimal effort.

Also I have seen before in any game not wow, when there is that many bots done people will leave cause they don't enjoy the PvP, then as there is a higher concentration of bots, people with slightly more tolerance leave, and it keeps happening till it's almost all bots. Personally I fear that because no matter how much I live this game, without people to fight PvP will suck.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Well, it was FUCKING CLOSE, 30s left on the clock or so before enrage, but I beat Junghado with my Assassin! And got Bodyguard to drop first try lol my outfit luck is pure evil.

• Options
    was that an intentional reference or do you not know bodyguard is a pure evil recolor?

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    was that an intentional reference or do you not know bodyguard is a pure evil recolor?

That wasn't an intentional reference because I'm just not that clever.

• Options
    VahraanVahraan Registered User regular
    How active is the clan now that tings have settled down a bit? I was originally playing on another server as a friend was playing there. She's since stopped playing or at least slowed down a bunch (she's in a hardcore raiding guild in WoW, I can understand only having time for 1 MMO).

Regardless, I was thinking of switching over to the PA clan server on Wednesday when the Warlock drops. I've played a few of the classes, and gotten BM and FM to ~20 each, so I'm not losing too much progress. And Warlock looks so cool. I really enjoyed FM and look forward to trying Warlock out.

PSN: Gumbotron88 3DS FC: 0018-3695-0013 (Devon)
  • Options
    It has been pretty slow, honestly. At best we had 3 regulars including myself. I have been leveling another character on the side.

I had suggested if we would want to take those of us still planning to play for the long haul and look into finding another group of people to have more activity for everyone to not be bored. I think though the fact the game is pretty solo friendly means no on really care for or needs that option?

I still plan on playing and see no loss of interest coming any time soon, weather PA is active in the game or not.

• Options
    I think quite a few of us will be giving warlocks a spin tomorrow.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    So...

Any tips for leveling a (new) character to 45 by the 23rd? I really want that outfit...

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/warlock-leveling-challenge/

Leveling a new class to 45 gets an upgrade bundle of various tokens and the costume in the next 3 weeks. Subsequent classes to 45 get an additional copy of the warlock costume if you're so inclined to level multiple characters.

Varg on
  • Options
    The destroyer I planned on playing alongside my buddy's lock is level 11 and twinked with a diamond so I don't want to remake :x

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Do not neglect your crafting skills while rushing for 45?

Edit:
    3 weeks to hit 45 with nightly play should be doable (if not distracted by new releases...)

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    So...

Any tips for leveling a (new) character to 45 by the 23rd? I really want that outfit...

Eh, that's easily doable just with normal questing. The pvp dailies are good for this too, especially the 3v3.

• Options
    To level quickly: Don't waste time on the Wheels(except for weapon upgrades) and do every quest. Use Cross-Server Dungeon to hit all the dungeon dailies as you come across them, it's a nice bit of XP and can break the monotony a bit. If you have a levelled character, buy some XP soup and pick it up in the mail with your lower character.

If you're going to put a fourth weapon slot on your weapon, do it as soon as you get the Blight upgrade from Blackram Narrows. The cost of opening that 4th slot only goes up.

• Options
    Highest is 30-something (38?). Where do you buy the soups?

• Options
    I've heard the most efficient way to powerlevel is to find instances that are target-rich, eat some dragon soup, then chain through them as fast as possible repeatedly.

• Options
    If you are 30 you can't afford them with IG money (they are on the marketplace)

They can be bought on the hongmoon store but they are... quite a bit of Ncoin.

If you were going with soups, you would need to be very good at doing AOE vs significantly higher level mobs. Something that might not be reasonable without perfect play or having high level gems on your new char.

If you DO have a max level char with good funds, the soups are about 1.3 - 1.8 g on the market (likely to be skyrocketing now) and you can get a few gems that make levels up to around mid thirties almost a joke. Mainly the yellow gem that lifesteals on stunned / KD enemies, lifedrain amethyst, and an attack power diamond. A good 4th gem is the green one that gives invuln and a crit buff when you evade, which is likely to happen at least once when you start AOEing a pack. If you wanted to purposely induce this, you could get a diamond with lots of evade for early levels. That would likely shoot your crit chance up high enough that Amethyst would proc all the time.

If you want to see true silly, get that yellow and purple gem, an added damage diamond (for the cheaps) on a blade dancer, and just hit their knockdown and spin a few times. Numbers man, numbers.

• Options
    Yeah, totally not available to me. Guess I'll focus on questing then. :) Thanks!