As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blade & Soul] WARLOCK! Poharan/Cerulean Order! Leveling Challenge!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    B&S is Unreal Engine 3... Which only uses 2 CPU Cores max. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Which is why it needs a high speed CPU over cores.

Though when I fixed my settings to bring my 3 core CPU back to 4 core (its an old AMD Phenom II that was "sold" as a 3 core but you can open the 4th) my performance improved.

The truth is nothing ever makes sense. But you will likely max out anything GPU related on a much cheaper graphics card while needing a pretty high speed processor to have the best experience.

Then there is also the fact that with all the loading times, a fast SSD will also be a pretty significant boost. The game seems to do lots of loading even after you are out of a loading screen, which keeps the framerate down till its done. At least for me, I can enter any location at 15-20 fps then after a little while I am 40+.

And finally, there is some hideous memory leak in arenas in our version for some reason. If you remember me complaining about losing fps to the point of hitting 6 fps on the last few betas, you have to periodically leave the arena lobbies and reenter to prevent that.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    42,403+ names reserved in North America.
    26,621 names reserved in Europe.

I think they sold a lot of founders packs.

21.04% Blade Master
    16.80% Assassin
    16.12% Force Master
    14.54% Kung Fu Master
    10.63% Summoner
    10.46% Destroyer
    10.41% Blade Dancer

Also, Hilariously when name reservation launched someone took the name "NCSOFT" (which somehow wasn't on a banned list) and got their name changed to "Bad Doggy" after the first maintenance.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    42,403+ names reserved in North America.
    26,621 names reserved in Europe.

I think they sold a lot of founders packs.

21.04% Blade Master
    16.80% Assassin
    16.12% Force Master
    14.54% Kung Fu Master
    10.63% Summoner
    10.46% Destroyer
    10.41% Blade Dancer

Also, Hilariously when name reservation launched someone took the name "NCSOFT" (which somehow wasn't on a banned list) and got their name changed to "Bad Doggy" after the first maintenance.

That's some serious investment there.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    So, I am assuming the guild will be named WangmoonStyle?

Geddoe on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Did we decide what faction people were going? Are we sticking with Blue like people suggested earlier?

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »

Personally I was thinking HungWangStyle, but I doubt that'd last long (before we get told to change it, I mean).

And I think people are going blue.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Well, blue is one of our colors.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    well shit this is happening isn't it?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    I've been keeping an eye on this game for awhile, I'm definitely in

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So I just spent an hour (apparently) tweaking a character's appearance and saved a screenshot.

When I get the NA client, how do I use this screenshot during character creation?

• Options
    So I just spent an hour (apparently) tweaking a character's appearance and saved a screenshot.

When I get the NA client, how do I use this screenshot during character creation?

You wanted to click the Save Apperance button, which creates a image file that has your character creation information presets as hidden data in it.

It's one of the options in the box that shows up when you click on that button below your character.

• Options
    FYI: You can apply your founder's code now if you have one.

• Options
    Geddoe wrote: »

Personally I was thinking HungWangStyle, but I doubt that'd last long (before we get told to change it, I mean).

And I think people are going blue.

Might need to establish who is even starting one.

Also I would think a name more along the lines of the Tube would go better. Seems a number of people have moved on from all the wangs and such.

• Options
    Server Selection in the Name Reservation:

50.46% Mushin (Hahahaha, the queues)
    10.52% Jiwan (Apparently both the "RP" and "Brazilian" server)
    09.27% Poharan (Our lovely server, also one of the two unofficial "Oceanic" servers the other being Mushin)
    07.09% Old Man Cho
    06.21% Master Hong
    04.80% Soha
    03.91% Yehara
    03.63% Iksanun
    02.30% Hajoon
    01.81% Juwol

Obviously, the numbers will be different once the actual game launches and people fill in. But seriously, it looks like Mushin, being the 'popular' server, will have half of the game population unless they close it off.

Looks like Poharan was a good choice. It's clearly not going to be dead, but it's not going to be omg crowded.

Plus, our server is named after a midget evil villain with twintails, carrying a giant minigun twice her size, with two huge giant tiger pets.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    :redface: ... Didn't realize this was going live TODAY and not live TONIGHT. Gonna quickly update the OP with our faction choice and then finish the update proper tonight.

(I don't wanna work 9-4 today waaaahhh).

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    Yeah I expect a lot of spillover into poharan once people see how bad getting into mushin will be.

I mean based on the math before, that puts about 25k characters on mushin. While some of those are people who could make 2 characters, you also can factor in both people who made their second char on another server and all the people who bought the base pack that will still be starting today.

Mushin will be downright ugly come Monday night.

Of course all things considered the overall numbers for players even before the free players get in are looking pretty solid for what this game might have expected.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Also, monetarily, NCSOFT made ~$5mil from Founder's Packs.
    :redface: ... Didn't realize this was going live TODAY and not live TONIGHT. Gonna quickly update the OP with our faction choice and then finish the update proper tonight.

I feel you man. I'm hoping we get let out at least a couple hours early in the spirit of the 3 day weekend.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    How's this game with high ping (and do you know if the NA servers will be East or west coast?) I'd like to be able to play with all of you, but since I'm EU, playing on stuff that's NA west coast is rather hopeless.

Either way, an MMORPG based around punching things is definitely my kind of things and I've been waiting for this for a while, so excitement!

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping I can scrounge up a headstart key from somewhere because waiting for Tuesday is going to suck, especially when I think about people playing it over a long weekend. :<

I wonder how far some players will get before the gates open and the masses get to create their characters on Tuesday.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    If your ping is over 200, you are gonna have a bad time.

And really, it depends on the class. Some could get away with it at 200 ping but it really kills one of the more enjoyable things about the games combat which is animation canceling.

As far as being able to just play, it will mildly affect your PVE gameplay (you will have trouble timing the sidesteps for enemy skills so you might die a lot and get mocked by your friends), but it would really hurt you in PVP where that ping might mean the difference between a win and loss on its own.

• Options
    Talith wrote: »
    I'm hoping I can scrounge up a headstart key from somewhere because waiting for Tuesday is going to suck, especially when I think about people playing it over a long weekend. :<

I wonder how far some players will get before the gates open and the masses get to create their characters on Tuesday.

How would you "scrounge up" a key?
    Because I am having the same issue, and it is killing me. But there is no way to justify spending 25 bucks to play 3 days early, there just isn't :(

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

Because I am having the same issue, and it is killing me. But there is no way to justify spending 25 bucks to play 3 days early, there just isn't :(

They were giving them away on a stream yesterday, no idea if they have plans for another

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »

They were giving them away on a stream yesterday, no idea if they have plans for another

They are giving more away on stream during the launch party, as well as streamers that are playing the game have been given keys to hand out as well.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    What stream is this? I need to get involved then.

• Options
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    How's this game with high ping (and do you know if the NA servers will be East or west coast?) I'd like to be able to play with all of you, but since I'm EU, playing on stuff that's NA west coast is rather hopeless.

Either way, an MMORPG based around punching things is definitely my kind of things and I've been waiting for this for a while, so excitement!

NA servers are in Dallas, Texas.
    EU servers are in Frankfurt, Germany.

• Options

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/launch-event-host-and-caster-announcement/

Right at the top is the link for the stream. As far as what streamers have keys to hand out, I have no idea.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    So, I bought one of the founders packs for this back on Monday. Now, though, its launch day, so I figured I should stop lurking. I'd been keeping an eye on it for a few months now, but was unsure. So, I did what I always do in those situations, and started lurking in the PA thread. Everyone here should totally get a commission from NCSoft, because you sold me on the game.

I'll be rolling a Blade Master when the game opens today. I'm working from home today, so I'll be able to use my lunch to get my character made and ready to go.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/launch-event-host-and-caster-announcement/

Right at the top is the link for the stream. As far as what streamers have keys to hand out, I have no idea.

Your best bet will be to go to Twitch as the headstart opens and look for streamers playing. Most of the time they'll put something like "Giveaways" in their titles if they're doing em. Otherwise look for the larger viewer numbers. As you might imagine the streams giving away keys will get more viewers so it's a good advertisement point.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Sounds like it'll be doable. On LoL I've had around 140 when on NA, so hopefully this will be around the same.

Is it possible to have characters on different servers? Because I'd be totally fine with making a character with a lag-friendly class for NA shenanigans, while picking something more intensive to play by myself on EU.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So someone sell me on this.

Have been heavily invested into games like vindictus (Evie main) and dragon nest (acrobat). Also Tera and such but that combat was pretty shallow compared to scythe Evie dash cancelling.

Any comparisons to other games combat wise? I've seen enough to know the quests are fairly generic but I've only seen very early combat or very spamtastic boss rush stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, I guess I will be scrounging about myself at 1:00 EST when the streamers start.

Would make my weekend to be able to get in, but otherwise I will be limping into the party late on monday night!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Also, monetarily, NCSOFT made ~$5mil from Founder's Packs.

I feel you man. I'm hoping we get let out at least a couple hours early in the spirit of the 3 day weekend.

~5 mil if the vast majority of reservations were from the highest tier and nobody bought the lowest tier... Or is this a number they annoinced? My estimate was more like 7-8 based on the name counts.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Have been heavily invested into games like vindictus (Evie main) and dragon nest (acrobat). Also Tera and such but that combat was pretty shallow compared to scythe Evie dash cancelling.

Any comparisons to other games combat wise? I've seen enough to know the quests are fairly generic but I've only seen very early combat or very spamtastic boss rush stuff.

Unlike Terra, this game breaks the holy trinity and takes main healers out of the equation. Defense is all on the player themselves to dodge as the dps and to block/dodge as the tank and using CC abilities to interrupt attacks.

There are no global cooldowns, meaning that combat is combo focused limited on resource management.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    There are semi-global cd where some skills cause one on others but not all. And the duration of it seems to vary.

• Options
    TrepperTrepper Registered User regular

Well, I love(d) DN and Vindi at various points in my life, but both of those games always had little facets that bothered me a lot. Vindi I can say the cash shop model is dumb AS F. Maybe not pay 2 win, but definitely pay 2 not lose your mind.

My 2 cents.

• Options
    The world of streamers is a very, VERY scary place

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular

Yeah, it's basically reddit given flesh

A nightmare realm

• Options
    no way, I go to reddit all the time and feel plenty comfortable. The first stream I found giving away is disturbing.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Yeah, it's basically reddit given flesh

A nightmare realm

Dank memes for days. Kappa123 for miles. Kappapride your every mistake.

Twitch chat is a thing to never have open. There is a reason it collapses to the right. Also a reason I loathe when streamers have it display on their overlay.

steam_sig.png