Options

It's Canada Vote Day! - Liberal Majority

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    As an aside, looking at the distributions of Stable Conservative Seats: Fucking get it together, Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Hey, we just drop kicked a 40 year provincial government dynasty to the curb, we might be able to mix it up for the federal election too.

Fingers crossed, anywah.

I really, really hope that any seats you guys bop down in the prairies don't pop back up around Québec City.

Those fuckers will throw a monkey wrench in every campaign.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    If there's one thing we can depend on in this crazy mixed up world of ours, it's Newfoundland.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Well, Alberta went full Kraft Dinner* in the provincial elections, so there's hope they'll also vote NDP federally.

*I mean they voted orange**.

**Orange is the NDP colour.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Look at this shit

83IWh0j.png

Man, there are barely more ridings in all of Saskatchewan than there are in just Montreal.

Also that is nnnot surprising (the vote breakdown I mean).

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I hope Ontario stops being afraid of a NDP government because of what they did in the 90s as a provincial party (my dad brings it up and ot drives me insane). Maybe Ontario will realize that Harpers continued the destruction of its manufacturing? I hope so.

You would be surprised at how many gm emoployees still believe in the cons despite the fact they have essentially ensured GMs gone in 2019.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I hope Ontario stops being afraid of a NDP government because of what they did in the 90s as a provincial party (my dad brings it up and ot drives me insane). Maybe Ontario will realize that Harpers continued the destruction of its manufacturing? I hope so.

You would be surprised at how many gm emoployees still believe in the cons despite the fact they have essentially ensured GMs gone in 2019.

Ontario went Conservative in 2011 because an unusually weak LP and unusually strong NDP split the left vote. I fully expect them to go back to full red this time around.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    All I can say looking at those Saskatchewan numbers;
    Saskatchewan, you're going to disappoint Brent Butt if you act like that. You don't want to disappoint Brent Butt, do you?
    Sure, he's not actually from there, but he did film his show in you.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I would remind everyone that when it comes to politics, Alberta internally and Alberta externally are two different animals.

That being said, my riding might go Liberal for the first time in a decade.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    According to that one "Who should I vote for?" site, I'm 77% liberal, 74% NDP, 72% Communist, 65% Green and a whopping 42% Conservative.

So, I mean, I could really swing either way with the top three. What's a few percentage points?

Pre-post Edit: Apparently there's no Communist Party member in my riding. However it will be incredibly difficult to not pick the Con based on his last name alone(Yes I'm 8. What of it?)

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    At least we actually have a chance (a couple pretty good!) to defeat the Conservatives here in Saskatoon now that we're not saddled with Urban-Rural split ridings. We've got shiny new Urban only and Rural only ridings in Saskatchewan now.

I'm happy my vote will have a strong impact on getting rid of a Conservative. Saskatoon-University; NDP ftw!

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Wait, is it really called Vote Day?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »

It's called an election, just like anywhere else.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

you are just adorable

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Yes...it totally is called that...as long as you have no follow-up questions.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Happy Vote D'Eh!

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    According to that one "Who should I vote for?" site, I'm 77% liberal, 74% NDP, 72% Communist, 65% Green and a whopping 42% Conservative.

So, I mean, I could really swing either way with the top three. What's a few percentage points?

Pre-post Edit: Apparently there's no Communist Party member in my riding. However it will be incredibly difficult to not pick the Con based on his last name alone(Yes I'm 8. What of it?)

My MP used to be Dick Harris. His signs suddenly read "Richard Harris" after a dick-drawing spree during the last election.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I used to work with a guy named Harry Dick. Nice guy who totally owned his name. If people called him "Harold" he would correct them to Harry.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    man i hope harper doesn't get a majority again, and even if he does get in as priminister, that the liberals and ndp can work together to make sure that it's meaningless.

• Options

This guy is the incumbent in a riding I drive through to get home every day

jojo-quimpo.jpg

JOJO QUIMPO

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    man i hope harper doesn't get a majority again, and even if he does get in as priminister, that the liberals and ndp can work together to make sure that it's meaningless.

It didn't work so well the last time the Liberals and NDP worked together to undermine a Conservative minority.

QYW8SHm.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

It didn't work so well the last time the Liberals and NDP worked together to undermine a Conservative minority.

no, no it did not. That's why i hope this time is different. that's my big hope in the small hope of "God i hope things get less fucked"

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    i voted

fuck harper

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

you are just adorable

I was fine until other people called it Vote Day!

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

This guy is the incumbent in a riding I drive through to get home every day

jojo-quimpo.jpg

JOJO QUIMPO

Wait your conservatives are blue over there?

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Yup! And Liberals are red.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    American here.

What are the chances of Harper (or his party) winning again?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    LaOs wrote: »
    Yup! And Liberals are red.

What's orange?

• Options
    Orange is our left-wing party, the New Democratic Party.

As for chances of winning, the Conservatives have a decent chance to form a minority government, but not a majority government. They are facing stiff opposition from the Liberal party, who is ahead in some polls.

QYW8SHm.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Orange is our left-wing party, the New Democratic Party.

As for chances of winning, the Conservatives have a decent chance to form a minority government, but not a majority government. They are facing stiff opposition from the Liberal party, who is ahead in some polls.

Wait, orange is more liberal than red? That makes no sense.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    American here.

Right now they're polling slightly below Justin Trudeau's Liberals, but the Liberals aren't polling at a majority either. The most likely outcome seems to be a minority Liberal win, followed by a minority Conservative win as the second most-likely outcome. Hard to put a percentage on the odds (at least to me who's not a political science major).

sig.gif
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    American here.

the "meta" in the media is that the most likely outcome is a Liberal Minority, possibly a Liberal Majority.

My opinion is that it is so close and that polls have been so often wrong in the last few years that anything in the range of con minority, con majority, liberal minority or liberal majority are very possible.

I personally don't believe an NDP government is possible, but who knows. Unless of course it is a Liberal-NDP coalition which is also a thing that could actually happen.

edit: as far as Harper winning in his own riding (which is a question you might be asking??) he has about a 99.999% chance of winning there. If he didn't I would find it extremely hilarious

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    American here.

the "meta" in the media is that the most likely outcome is a Liberal Minority, possibly a Liberal Majority.

My opinion is that it is so close and that polls have been so often wrong in the last few years that anything in the range of con minority, con majority, liberal minority or liberal majority are very possible.

I personally don't believe an NDP government is possible, but who knows. Unless of course it is a Liberal-NDP coalition which is also a thing that could actually happen.

edit: as far as Harper winning in his own riding (which is a question you might be asking??) he has about a 99.999% chance of winning there. If he didn't I would find it extremely hilarious

Australia had the same Prime Minister for 11 years. When he was finally booted he was booted HARD. He lost his own seat during the election, and it was the first time the other party had won that seat in 30 years.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Well, if Harper loses (or possibly even if he gets a minority, thus losing the majority he had), he'll probably be out as leader anyway, even if he wins his riding.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Al_wat wrote: »
    American here.

Australia had the same Prime Minister for 11 years. When he was finally booted he was booted HARD. He lost his own seat during the election, and it was the first time the other party had won that seat in 30 years.

Canada had something like that in 1993. The Progressive Conservatives (a very different party from the current Conservative Party) were the incumbents, and had basically managed to alienate every single part of the country. They were reduced from 156 seats to 2, with their leader losing her seat.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    well, the progressive conservatives (who were more center right) merged with the reform party (who were fringe right).

the were the Conservative Reform Alliance Party for about a day before someone realized what the acronym was.
    I LOVE that WORD ReFOOOOOOOOORM

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Progressive Conservatives + Reform Party = Conservative Reform Alliance Party -> Canadian Alliance -> Conservative Party

So many rebrandings.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Canadian Alliance existed for a number of years before the Progressive Conservatives agreed to merge. So there were a few years where the "Alliance" wasn't actually an alliance of anything.
    But yes, they really did call themselves CRAP for a brief time.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I...I kinda liked Preston Manning.

His successors kept getting worse though. I still can't shake the image of Stockwell Day running in a skin-tight jogging suit from my head. There's also this.
    ALLHAT.jpg

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth