Options

[GAME ON]New Pokemon Thread! - DP Out now

• Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just got the 2nd badge. My fire monkey kicked the shit out of her.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    endlosnullendlosnull Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Vhalyar wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Well, Rocket tended to use a lot of poison and ground/rock types. Not sure what the hell Galactic will use.

Has it been confirmed yet if the Event Pokemon bug made it in the English games?

Zubat. Rattata. Poochenya.

Evil people have a hard on for Zubat, Rattata and Poochenya.

That pretty much doesn't change for Team Galactic. I mean, it's like the 4th gen equivalent of Rattata and Poochenya, but Zubat is still there and still annoying and useless.

endlosnull on
    sig02.jpg
  • Options
    CoreoCoreo Sydney AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just ordered diamond and pearl (for my girlfriend...just got her into leaf green recently), from playasia.

The bloody EB I ordered from told me it was delayed till the 26th of next month in Aus so I had to cancel. :|

It'll take 1 to 2 weeks for diamond and 1 day for pearl....so looks like my girlfriends going to have a headstart.

Coreo on
  • Options
    Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I wonder what the chances are of Wal-Mart putting the game out tonight at midnight.

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I wonder when this game is out in Europe.
    Provided I have enough money, I'll be getting a DS and Pokémon soon after the european launch of Pokémon.

Peewi on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    I wonder what the chances are of Wal-Mart putting the game out tonight at midnight.
    Since they already have the games at the store...I'd say they'll probably be willing to sell you one once it's midnight. It might not be on display yet, but they can still grab a copy.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    that's weird...

so apparently I qualify for a free stylus from amazon

I follow the link they gave me and apparently I'm supposed to "check the box next to the image," add to the cart, and then checkout with the number they gave me in the email.

but it stops right there at step one: in the link they gave me there's neither a check box nor an image, and clicking add to cart without those things just gives an error.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, I really need a male Misdreavous that knows both Substitute and Pain Split. Anyone interested in helping me out?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ZampanoZampano Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm somewhat confused about how some of the new Evolutions work.

For instance, Aipom->Ambipom (Which I intend to get).

He evolves once he levels up with the move Doubleslap, which he learns at around level 30. So why didn't they just have him evolve at level 31, since he probably would anyway?

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Since I have to complete this Shinou dex before I can transer pokemon I might actually play through the quest like normal people.

I think I will really shitty pokemon that way the game is somewhat challenging.

Edit: On second thought, no, fuck that. I will speed through like usual. I really, really want to get to the point where I can start making teams.

whoa shit what

you have to complete the dex?

Damn.

Good thing I planned in advance and made all my pokemon from D/P

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wait, wait, what.

COMPLETE the Dex? What the...?

I have NEVER done that in a single game. Ever. My dex is like, 60 on Ruby.

Also, Zampano, they do it that way to explain why Aipom couldn't evolve before. If he just evolved at level 31, then he should have been able to evolve back in GSC, but he couldn't because they hadn't invented Ambipom yet.

Of course it still makes no sense because he could learn Double-Slap in GSC, but whatever.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    I am pretty sure it's been said you simply have to see all Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex.

Which apparently is easy.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NewresNewres Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Peewi wrote: »
    I wonder when this game is out in Europe.
    Provided I have enough money, I'll be getting a DS and Pokémon soon after the european launch of Pokémon.

End of June but if there are no compatibility problems I will just import.... it will actually be cheaper and Nintendo Europe can go fuck themselves.

Fun fact: With Ruby and Sapphire Nintendo Europe explicitly forbid the sale of imports and threatened shops that did it with them not getting any Nintendo products. So people had to wait like 4 months to get it. Of course when a big games retail chain did it they did not do anything about it because they do not have the balls to actually threaten the big shops, just the little ones.

Newres on
    960751-1.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I am pretty sure it's been said you simply have to see all Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex.

Which apparently is easy.

Yes, you only have to see all 150 in the Sinnoh Dex (Manaphy is not included. Nintendo isn't THAT evil). Very simple to do, since you'll see every Pokemon in Trainer battles except for Unown and your version's opposite Legendary. Unown has to be seen in the wild, since the NPCs are smart enough to not use that piece of crap, and there's a little old lady who will show you a picture of the Legendary (Dialga in Pearl and Palkia in Diamond) once you beat the Elite 4.

That is all.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    K7 AvengerK7 Avenger __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    This is probably a really stupid question that's been answered thousands of times, but is it going to be possible to get the RBY starters in any way/shape/form? I really want Charmander :|

K7 Avenger on
    Irish+Assasin+J.png
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    K7 Avenger wrote: »
    This is probably a really stupid question that's been answered thousands of times, but is it going to be possible to get the RBY starters in any way/shape/form? I really want Charmander :|

Upload them from a copy of FireRed or LeafGreen.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    SpaceDrake wrote: »

I clicked that link in the OP and it only had a list of like 5-6 pokemon you get from putting Leaf Green/Red in your DS.

K7 Avenger on
    Irish+Assasin+J.png
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    SpaceDrake wrote: »

I clicked that link in the OP and it only had a list of like 5-6 pokemon you get from putting Leaf Green/Red in your DS.

That's special wild encounters - you actually catch those pokemon in D/P while FR/LG is in the GBA slot. You can transfer pokemon you own from the older games.

Hevach on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    To transfer pokemon does one have to have access to the transfer in FireRed / LeafGreen or can one just start a game, get the starter, and then save and upload?

_J_ on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

If you have a Charmander on one of your GBA games, then you can transfer it over.

If you do not, you cannot find Charmander anywhere in Diamond or Pearl.

Someone can always trade you one. I will be able to if you are desperate.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Do we know if Diamond / Pearl will interact with Ruby / Sapphire to fix that damn time glitch?

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

If you have a Charmander on one of your GBA games, then you can transfer it over.

If you do not, you cannot find Charmander anywhere in Diamond or Pearl.

Someone can always trade you one. I will be able to if you are desperate.

Thanks, cause I don't own Fire Red anymore :|

One more question, I pre-ordered this at Gamestop, it better be there tomorrow... will it be for sure?

K7 Avenger on
    Irish+Assasin+J.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    Do we know if Diamond / Pearl will interact with Ruby / Sapphire to fix that damn time glitch?

I'd almost guarantee a no, because D/P makes R/S obsolete.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I am getting so exciting...
    Half tempted to go out and pick up a copy of FireRed/LeafGreen to satiate me until tommorrow... saw 'em at Best Buy for like $13...

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

SO this is all told going to end up with buying LeafGreen and another GBA, ISN'T IT?!

_J_ on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

SO this is all told going to end up with buying LeafGreen and another GBA, ISN'T IT?!

What's wrong with using the DS to play it?
    Or is there some dual wielding shit going on here I don't know about.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Why do you need R/S berries now all of a sudden? Wait a day and get them from DP.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    oldtypeoldtype Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    I am getting so exciting...
    Half tempted to go out and pick up a copy of FireRed/LeafGreen to satiate me until tommorrow... saw 'em at Best Buy for like $13...

How bad a person would it make me if I told you that a couple of weeks back I bought Fire Red, Emerald, and a used GB Micro just to satiate me till Sunday.

oldtype on
    Pokemon Friend Code: 0688 1761 6446

Feel free to add, just PM me.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    A pretty bad one.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wait, does that mean we can't do the starter trade trick? Or are you people talking about something else?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Why do you need R/S berries now all of a sudden? Wait a day and get them from DP.

I want a Milotic, damn it!

And to get a Milotic I need to grow more Pamtre Berries to feed to my Feebas to increase his beauty, but I cannot get more Pamtre Berries because Sapphire no longer recognizes TIME.

The only way to get more Pamtre Berries is to plant them and grow more, which I cannot do since sapphire no longer recognizes TIME.

Edit: I just realized how absurd this all sounds.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Okay, so transfer your Feebas to D/P and do it there.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Okay, so transfer your Feebas to D/P and do it there.

That would be the economical solution.

I hope berries transfer over so that I can plant groves of berries.

_J_ on
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If anyone out there works at Wal-Mart, I have a question:

I called this morning to see what time they were going to start selling the Pokemon games tomorrow, and if they were going to just start selling them at midnight, or if they already had them out.

I was told that they're only selling the games online. A quick check of the Wal-Mart website seems to confirm this.

Is this for real? I can't imagine Wal-Mart's only offering online purchasing for one of the largest game releases this year.

Or am I just being jerked around?

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So, I remember hearing a while ago that Feebas is even more obscenely hard to catch in D/P. In addition to being in only a few random tiles, he's also only available on a random day of the week. Is that true? And if so, who do we shoot?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So, I remember hearing a while ago that Feebas is even more obscenely hard to catch in D/P. In addition to being in only a few random tiles, he's also only available on a random day of the week. Is that true? And if so, who do we shoot?

I R teh farming Feebas until tomorrow at noon.

I'll happily trade you some.

Edit: Also, this time glitch may have worked out in my favor. I gave the daycare people 2 feebas and the old man is permanently handing out eggs. I think I may be unable to hatch them...but I assume they will transfer to Diamond / Pearl. And if that is the case then I can freely give Feebas eggs.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What's the difference between slobro and slowking? Does one lean more towards the psychic or water end of his type, or is one more defensive or offensive or what have you? What's the reason to pick one over the other?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What's the difference between slobro and slowking? Does one lean more towards the psychic or water end of his type, or is one more defensive or offensive or what have you? What's the reason to pick one over the other?

The only realy difference I can tell is Slowbro gets more defense, while Sloking gets more Sp. Defense.

aaaand, that's about it.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    JammersJammers Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

I R teh farming Feebas until tomorrow at noon.

I'll happily trade you some.

Edit: Also, this time glitch may have worked out in my favor. I gave the daycare people 2 feebas and the old man is permanently handing out eggs. I think I may be unable to hatch them...but I assume they will transfer to Diamond / Pearl. And if that is the case then I can freely give Feebas eggs.

Hatching eggs is based on the number of steps you take, not time elapsed, so as long as you keep walking around (or even better, riding a bike) the eggs should hatch.

Jammers on
    Xbox Live - Jammers007
    Nintendo Network ID - Jammers007
    3DS - 1418-6751-8378
    Steam - Jammers007
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Also the Flame Body and Magma Armor abilities cut the amount of steps by half.

Mx. Quill on
This discussion has been closed.