Options

[GAME ON]New Pokemon Thread! - DP Out now

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    *Boogies*

Perhaps I'll post lots of pictures to taunt those who have to wait longer...

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    paperwind wrote: »
    Quick question, but how do you go about getting moves like Solarbeam or Earthquake on multiple pokes when it seems that you only get one of each TM on any given playthrough? Does the secret lie in breeding, or is there something else I'm missing?

TM moves can be passed on by male pokemon during breeding if the baby can learn said TM. This includes if it's a TM move the parent learns naturally, like Earthquake on a Torterra.

The Battle Tower in D/P will be yanking the system from the GC Colosseum games where you earn points for battling and can use those to buy TMs.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    SpeakeasySpeakeasy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Here's a video I made a while ago. Contains minor spoilers, but come on, it's a Pokemon game. Shoddy quality. =\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vrpqCTyfHU
    It's Team Galaxy summoning Palkia

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Speakeasy wrote: »
    Here's a video I made a while ago. Contains minor spoilers, but come on, it's a Pokemon game. Shoddy quality. =\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vrpqCTyfHU
    It's Team Galaxy summoning Palkia

D:
    STOP TEMPTING ME.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This is going to sound really, really petty but I don't like Torterra's back sprite

dpmba389.png

ShimSham on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Whereas I think it's the most badass thing ever

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Torterra looks like an island.

Taya on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Taya wrote: »
    Torterra looks like an island.
    and not a Pokemon... well I mean the back sprite that is.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    At least they didn't elphant man him like they did to poor Vaporeon

Those dumb fucks

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i never understood why they fucked up the back sprites so hard. i dont remember ever seeing one i liked.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Torterra makes me think of the boss in KH2 I just fought last night.

Can't find a pic of him, though.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    well, mine has shipped already but won't deliver for about a day or so. And since the post office on campus is closed on the weekends I'm guessing I'll have to wait till monday at least.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So guys, where did the last thread go? It seems to have completely disappeared.

When I go to work today, my store should have copies waiting in the backroom.

Torture.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Torterra makes me think of the boss in KH2 I just fought last night.

Can't find a pic of him, though.

We've had this discussion before. The Pride Lands Heartless, right?

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    @sieg

It was locked and presumably destroyed.

Also note that a certain someone is not with us anymore.

Edit: here it is: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=20109

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This game is still good. Just an update.
    Apparently I missed the TM for Flash. Wandering through cave is fun, only because I have Escape Ropes ready to use at any time.
    Edit: Regarding the cave I'm in. Not huge spoilers but it's nice to be safe.
    Apparently I have to lead someone out of here. It'd be nice if I myself knew where we were.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Dear Ashton Dragon,

I hate you.

Hatefully Yours,
    Sirtoons.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I thought that Fog Clear or Defog, whatever it's called, now works as Flash. Doesn't Flash just lower Accuracy in DP?

Also: hate hate hate.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well, I don't have that move either.
    The point is I'm lost.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fuck

fuck you, Ashton

also, SirToons, you are still in the Tourney?

Or do you want to be removed because of your bitching about the rules?

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That brings back memories of the original Red and Blue. I never got Flash, and worked my way through rock tunnel completely in the dark.

They didn't even give you a tiny spotlight back then, I don't think. I'm pretty sure your character just floated in a black void.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That brings back memories of the original Red and Blue. I never got Flash, and worked my way through rock tunnel completely in the dark.

They didn't even give you a tiny spotlight back then, I don't think. I'm pretty sure your character just floated in a black void.

Sir, you are hardcore.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Fuck

fuck you, Ashton

also, SirToons, you are still in the Tourney?

Or do you want to be removed because of your bitching about the rules?
    The rules changed, so no thanks, I will rock your face indiscriminately.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Word. The walls were a bit lighter than black, but it was mostly "bump.......bump.....bump". Also, how the trainers in said cave knew where you were, I have no idea.

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Word. The walls were a bit lighter than black, but it was mostly "bump.......bump.....bump". Also, how the trainers in said cave knew where you were, I have no idea.

Heh, the little girl said, "Eek! Did you touch me?!" Even if you are playing as the girl in the remakes.

:winky: :winky: :winky:

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I need someone in my town to start selling this game yesterday. I have never been so excited for a damn Pokemon game, not even when the first one came out. Glad I'm not the oldest one in this thread though ;)

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Heh, the little girl said, "Eek! Did you touch me?!" Even if you are playing as the girl in the remakes.

:winky: :winky: :winky:

Not with my hands, baby.

:winky:

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Oh man, I did the same thing.

I went through the whirlpool islands in the dark with a map too. But I got stuck in one spot cause one very small room wasn't shown on the map so it got really confusing.

edit: Come to think of it, I went through the cave on Dewford Island without Flash in Ruby cause I didn't want delete any of my Pokemon's moves.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    NamonNamon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ok my lurking days are over....

I'm getting Diamond the first chance I can get, and I will buy Pearl for my wife (wink) down the road. The question I have is, I love the whole concept behind Pokemon and collecting, but alas I will have the OCD complex and want them all.

Buuut I only played a little bit of the blue version many many moons ago, and I have dabbled a bit in Emerald for the GBA, and am going to use that one to get even more pokes that I can. With that in mind I'm a tad overwhelmed with the task ahead. I've tried looking at serebii to see what ones I'll be getting off the bat just from D/P but I can't make heads or tails on what ones that will be on those versions. I kinda wish they had an overall chart that I could scroll through that just had all the pokes on that one version. The question I have is, how short of a miracle is it going to be for me to settle my OCD urges with this game with the current state I'm starting at in the 4th generation without landing myself in divorce court by spending so much on past systems and games?

Namon on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Get your wife addicted to the game too and she'll forget about filing for divorce.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    SirToasty wrote: »
    edit: Come to think of it, I went through the cave on Dewford Island without Flash in Ruby cause I didn't want delete any of my Pokemon's moves.

We should actually take some time to figure out pokemon that will make good HMslaves in D/P. And by "we," I mean Taya, Ashton, and anyone else that's played it localized or not.

Having two pokemon you can cram all the HMs that are not combat worthy makes things more convenient. Zigzagoon was awesome not only for having Pickup to get PP ups and rare candies, but also because it learned cut, rock smash, and surf so you could take it anywhere.

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Namon wrote: »
    Buuut I only played a little bit of the blue version many many moons ago, and I have dabbled a bit in Emerald for the GBA, and am going to use that one to get even more pokes that I can. With that in mind I'm a tad overwhelmed with the task ahead. I've tried looking at serebii to see what ones I'll be getting off the bat just from D/P but I can't make heads or tails on what ones that will be on those versions. I kinda wish they had an overall chart that I could scroll through that just had all the pokes on that one version. The question I have is, how short of a miracle is it going to be for me to settle my OCD urges with this game with the current state I'm starting at in the 4th generation without landing myself in divorce court by spending so much on past systems and games?

If you can utilize the WiFi connection of the DS, you can avoid past systems and games via online trading. Past systems would be kind of useless since the DS can read GBA games which are the only past games that can communicate with D/P. The only thing you'll have trouble with trading for permanently are old legendaries. But people will let you hold them at least.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wal-mart here broke the street date, but they're sold out now, so I'm boned. One of my friends whipped his copy of Pearl out in class, I hate him so much.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Get your wife addicted to the game too and she'll forget about filing for divorce.

I was hoping to get her hooked on WoW this way, but way way too non gamer for that, but she loves her Wii and DS and really is wanting paper mario so not gonna complain at all.

Namon on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    SirToasty wrote: »

We should actually take some time to figure out pokemon that will make good HMslaves in D/P. And by "we," I mean Taya, Ashton, and anyone else that's played it localized or not.

Having two pokemon you can cram all the HMs that are not combat worthy makes things more convenient. Zigzagoon was awesome not only for having Pickup to get PP ups and rare candies, but also because it learned cut, rock smash, and surf so you could take it anywhere.

Bibarel and Kricketune. Almost every HM except Fog Clear (which I never used) and Fly.

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'm not using any HM slaves this time. I'm actually using 6 real pokemon all the time.
    It's more fun this way. It also lets me test out more new pokemon and see what I like.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    Zealous OneZealous One Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Speaking of HM moves, it looks like Flash is finally 100% accuracy instead of the terrible 70% it was, so it's pretty much just a Sand-Attack for more pokes. Anyone notice any changes with other old attacks? (Seems like it'd take forever to find them all even on serebii)

edit: Oops, I guess it isn't an HM...

edit: Oh, and Zap Cannon's 120 instead of 100 power, if it really matters...

Zealous One on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    @sieg

It was locked and presumably destroyed.

Also note that a certain someone is not with us anymore.

Edit: here it is: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=20109

he was finally banned? thank god

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Namon wrote: »

If you can utilize the WiFi connection of the DS, you can avoid past systems and games via online trading. Past systems would be kind of useless since the DS can read GBA games which are the only past games that can communicate with D/P. The only thing you'll have trouble with trading for permanently are old legendaries. But people will let you hold them at least.

I have WiFi goodness, so I can be online. I'm just hoping this friend code thing and what seems to be a limit on the amount you can have causes people to be kinda cold with dealing with complete strangers to save space for people they actually know.

Namon on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Speaking of HM moves, it looks like Flash is finally 100% accuracy instead of the terrible 70% it was, so it's pretty much just a Sand-Attack for more pokes. Anyone notice any changes with other old attacks? (Seems like it'd take forever to find them all even on serebii)

flash isn't an HM anymore, actually

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.