Options

[GAME ON]New Pokemon Thread! - DP Out now

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Finally my dreams can come true, since this time I won't be lazy.

Two ultimate teams of smackdowness.

One full of magikarp, the other, three digletts and three dugtrios.

It will be nigh glorious.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I get the magikarp, but what's the idea behind the digthings

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I get the magikarp, but what's the idea behind the digthings
    http://diglettdig.ytmnd.com/

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wow Kmart is selling theirs now!!!!!!! I wish there was a way to know what stores are selling them early.

Also, yay for he-who-must-not-be-name is gone.

Anyway I will be those who will help anyone with trading starters. I am getting my friends and cousins to get involved on this deal. Just wondering will the game let you trade your starter?

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm naming my Torterra Great A'Tuin.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    So,

I pre-ordered the game from EBGames.com thinking that if I place my order a MONTH BEFORE THE GAME RELEASES they will ship my order so that I receive it on the release date.

It has yet to ship.

I went to my local On cue and they have 12 copies in the back, with 7 pre-orders. So, I thought, I could go home, cancel my pre-order with EBGames.com, and then place a pre-order at the On Cue and get my game Sunday. Right?

Well, Mr. EBGames tech phone guy says that he cannot cancel my order because it is in the "waiting for tracking number" status. And it will not be delivered saturday or sunday because UPS does not do that.

So, I pre-ordered the game a MONTH ago and shall receive it after everyone who goes to the store on Sunday and picks up a copy.

Unless, of course, I go place a pre-order for ANOTHER copy of Diamond at my local store. Which, truth be told, is quite tempting.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    So,

I pre-ordered the game from EBGames.com thinking that if I place my order a MONTH BEFORE THE GAME RELEASES they will ship my order so that I receive it on the release date.

It has yet to ship.

I went to my local On cue and they have 12 copies in the back, with 7 pre-orders. So, I thought, I could go home, cancel my pre-order with EBGames.com, and then place a pre-order at the On Cue and get my game Sunday. Right?

Well, Mr. EBGames tech phone guy says that he cannot cancel my order because it is in the "waiting for tracking number" status. And it will not be delivered saturday or sunday because UPS does not do that.

So, I pre-ordered the game a MONTH ago and shall receive it after everyone who goes to the store on Sunday and picks up a copy.

Unless, of course, I go place a pre-order for ANOTHER copy of Diamond at my local store. Which, truth be told, is quite tempting.
    i would. buy it there, keep the receipt, and return your shipped copy to the store. fuck em.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Daric wrote: »

My Grotle is called Expel. I like it.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Houk wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    So,

It has yet to ship.

i would. buy it there, keep the receipt, and return your shipped copy to the store. fuck em.

That's a plan.

Or just have two copies of diamond and a copy of pearl. I don't see any harm coming from that.

_J_ on
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

I want to have Egyptian names for my main pokemon, and the rest have default names. From the three starters pokemon, which one is the chick, if anyone seen the cartoon?

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Horus wrote: »

I want to have Egyptian names for my main pokemon, and the rest have default names. From the three starters pokemon, which one is the chick, if anyone seen the cartoon?

I think the girl ends up with piplup, ash somehow comes by turtwig, and some new rival-y dude gets chimcar I think.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yeah....I'm going to go place another pre-order for Diamond....

/grumble

_J_ on
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    why did they have to make the non-friend code stuff so half assed?

if I understand it correctly

1. You don't actually battle other people in the tower, you just fight the computer as if it were using other people's teams

2. You can't search for pokemon you've never seen when you're trying to trade

I'm not sure which one is more annoying. The second in particular is a needless restriction, but the first just sounds lazy.

So wait...How do you trade for the starter pokemon from prior games then? Do you have to battle another player online who has them first so you see them? and how would you trade special pokes like Celebi?

Zarcath on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think you can get unseen Pokemon from friends, just not strangers.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zarcath wrote: »
    why did they have to make the non-friend code stuff so half assed?

if I understand it correctly

1. You don't actually battle other people in the tower, you just fight the computer as if it were using other people's teams

2. You can't search for pokemon you've never seen when you're trying to trade

I'm not sure which one is more annoying. The second in particular is a needless restriction, but the first just sounds lazy.

So wait...How do you trade for the starter pokemon from prior games then? Do you have to battle another player online who has them first so you see them? and how would you trade special pokes like Celebi?
    if you have a friends code, you can connect directly to trade whatever you want with them.

i think?

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    there are no limits if you're trading/battling with people who you have exchanged friend codes with, not to mention you can still see pokemon just from fighting anyone else who has one

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ah okay, so what are the restrictions with friend code trading? The ones from http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/3rdgentrade.shtml or are these only for self-transfers?

Zarcath on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I missed catching Onix so now I'm searching for it. It's funny, because theres not really any reason I need to catch it... I could just transfer one from Fire Red after the Elite 4.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Wal-mart here broke the street date, but they're sold out now, so I'm boned. One of my friends whipped his copy of Pearl out in class, I hate him so much.

I checked my nearby Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Toys R' Us, and CC - nothing at any of them. Though Wal-Mart had the little spaces for them - I assume they haven't filled them yet or they have and sold them all already - both of which peeve me.

Guess I'm stuck til Sunday. Luckily, I work in the mall, so I'll be near my in-mall Gamestop. Whee hee hee.

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, what?

I bred a Mr. Mime with a Cacnea, to get a Cacnea that knew Sub. The baby doesn't know Sub, even though Cacnea is capable of learning Sub.

Why not?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If you want random WiFi battles then you'll need to wait for Pokemon Battle Revolution. That feature seems to be the only redeeming quality of that game.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Okay, what?

I bred a Mr. Mime with a Cacnea, to get a Cacnea that knew Sub. The baby doesn't know Sub, even though Cacnea is capable of learning Sub.

Why not?
    It's not an egg move or a TM more or a naturally learned move; it's a move tutor move.

Substitute becomes a TM in D/P, though, so if you can wait for a little while, you should be able to get a Cacnea with sub like that.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    FawfulFawful __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, what?

Why not?
    Because it's not among its egg moves maybe? I remember something about both parents having to know a move to pass it on to the baby when it's not an egg move.

Fawful on
    hytd.jpg
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My rage/envy is immense.

Would you regard D/P to be superior to the other iterations in the series?

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Fawful wrote: »
    Okay, what?

Why not?
    Because it's not among its egg moves maybe? I remember something about both parents having to know a move to pass it on to the baby when it's not an egg move.

Oh, seriously? that works out pretty well then.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ergandar wrote: »
    My rage/envy is immense.

Would you regard D/P to be superior to the other iterations in the series?

Yeah, I think I can safely say this.
    I'm gonna miss the Battle Frontier, though.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, what?

Why not?
    Since Substitute is neither a TM move nor an egg move for Cacnea, it will not be passed on through breeding.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So you can't transfer Move Tutor moves?

Shit.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My rage/envy remains immense.
    Question No. 2:

Are the new pokemon balanced in comparison to the RBY, GSC, and RSE pokemon?

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Question No. 2:

That's not something we'll know until we battle competitivly online.

I would say it's more balanced but it's hard to say. Blissey is still a monster.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Question No. 2:

my general impression is yes, they're well balanced. there's always a few exceptionally strong or weak ones in each generation though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FawfulFawful __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, what?

Why not?

I'm not entirely sure though. I think it has to be neither an egg move nor TM, and the baby has to be able to learn it (i.e. two Charizards that know fly still wouldn't produce a flying Charmander). But if those conditions are met then yeah a move will be passed on if both parents know it.

Fawful on
    hytd.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Okay, what?

Why not?

the both of them knowing it thing is only for level-up moves that are also not TMs or egg moves.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    One SE++ Slot open

so uh

yeah

anyone want it?

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Is it sad that my Zubat is my highest level Pokemon?

Taya on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yes wtf, zubat is a lame pokemon. I never used it in the original games either.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I ALWAYS use Zubat. Always. At first it gets by with only supersonic and leech life. Eventually it gets bite and wing attack which can finally take down foes by itself.

Taya on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Taya wrote: »
    Is it sad that my Zubat is my highest level Pokemon?

Given that Crobat is quite nice, I wouldn't say sad so much as unusual . . . astonish and leech life aren't particularly good attacks even early on.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Taya wrote: »
    I ALWAYS use Zubat. Always. At first it gets by with only supersonic and leech life. Eventually it gets bite and wing attack which can finally take down foes by itself.

hee hee
    wing attack, right

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    seriously

we've got an open slot

Someone jump in

please

Scrumtrulescent on