Options

[GAME ON]New Pokemon Thread! - DP Out now

1568101169

Posts

  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Dudes...24 hours.

    :O

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, a question to those who already have it.

    Have they finally given us more than one save slot? It always annoyed me that if I wanted to restart a pokemon game I'd have to kill off my save file with tons of hours on it. :/

    GimeC on
  • Options
    JB07JB07 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Dudes...24 hours.

    :O
    My buddy comes on msn tonight at 11:30 (store is closed) and say "Hey guess what i say on sale today! The new pokemon game! That was at 4:30 though." Seems he didnt call me because the store was on the other side of town and i got no ride. :(

    JB07 on
    So much work, too many games.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    oldtype wrote: »
    I'm regretting ordering this online so much. I usually can't be bothered to get off campus to the mall, and I didn't think I'd want to play it THAT much.

    Now, I want to play it THAT much. And the ****ing slow shipping is probably going to get to me about 5 days after release.

    I'm going to die.

    I ordered it online too. They haven't shipped my order yet.

    I called EBGames to cancel it and they said they could not because it was soooooo close to being ready to ship.

    So I went to my local On Cue and pre-ordered Diamond. Yes, this will mean that in the end I get two copies of Diamond. But I consider that just punishment for having ordered it online in the first place.

    Edit: And, now that I think about it, I pre-ordered it from a place that will open at noon on Sunday, not a wal-mart that is always open...

    God fucking damn it.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    Blue PenguinBlue Penguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ive decided Im going to go Walmart at midnight tomorrow and pick pearl up, despite having pre-ordered at gamestop. I blame this and the past threads for my actions.

    Blue Penguin on
    Pokemon Pearl
    Name: Blue
    Friend Code: 1633 0657 3055
    Let me know if you add me so I may add you as well.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Ive decided Im going to go Walmart at midnight tomorrow and pick pearl up, despite having pre-ordered at gamestop. I blame this and the past threads for my actions.

    I, too, will probably go to wal-mart at midnight tomorrow..

    /sigh

    after pre-ordering it from ebgames.com a month ago, and after pre-ordering it TODAY from On Goody...

    I can't win.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    JB07JB07 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    Ive decided Im going to go Walmart at midnight tomorrow and pick pearl up, despite having pre-ordered at gamestop. I blame this and the past threads for my actions.

    I, too, will probably go to wal-mart at midnight tomorrow..

    /sigh

    after pre-ordering it from ebgames.com a month ago, and after pre-ordering it TODAY from On Goody...

    I can't win.
    You guys think it will sell out really fast? i hope not to fast at least. Or do you just want it fast? :)
    GimeC wrote: »
    So, a question to those who already have it.

    Have they finally given us more than one save slot? It always annoyed me that if I wanted to restart a pokemon game I'd have to kill off my save file with tons of hours on it. :/

    I also would like to know the answer to this, this was always a problems for me in the far pass.

    JB07 on
    So much work, too many games.
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    fifty bucks says no

    that would be way too convenient

    Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    JB07 wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Ive decided Im going to go Walmart at midnight tomorrow and pick pearl up, despite having pre-ordered at gamestop. I blame this and the past threads for my actions.

    I, too, will probably go to wal-mart at midnight tomorrow..

    /sigh

    after pre-ordering it from ebgames.com a month ago, and after pre-ordering it TODAY from On Goody...

    I can't win.
    You guys think it will sell out really fast? i hope not to fast at least. Or do you just want it fast? :)

    I have nothing else to do with my time.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Dudes...24 hours.

    :O

    A bit more like 30 for me. Store opens at 8AM.

    I need to be up nice and early and make an excuse about "getting breakfast" in order to get out of the house to go get me some Pokey Mans. ;-)

    SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, I'm playing Diamond. It's really really good.

    I have to try to do some assignments today though... this is going to be difficult.

    Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    What good does an extra saveslot do really? In my eye, it'd only be really good if the two saves could trade, which is even more wishful thinking than just desiring an extra save slot.

    I like it the way it is now. Hard to phrase it, but it feels a bit more personal knowing that you this is all you got. It would feel more mechanical flipping between three different games.

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    What good does an extra saveslot do really? In my eye, it'd only be really good if the two saves could trade, which is even more wishful thinking than just desiring an extra save slot.

    I like it the way it is now. Hard to phrase it, but it feels a bit more personal knowing that you this is all you got. It would feel more mechanical flipping between three different games.

    I think that's the development idea behind it...but I don't think it's a very good development idea.

    I think it has one save slot so that eveyone has to own their own cartridge.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    JB07JB07 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    What good does an extra saveslot do really? In my eye, it'd only be really good if the two saves could trade, which is even more wishful thinking than just desiring an extra save slot.

    I like it the way it is now. Hard to phrase it, but it feels a bit more personal knowing that you this is all you got. It would feel more mechanical flipping between three different games.
    I just like restarting everynow and then if iam really board but cant due to one save slot. (this is really bad for playing games oblivion and alike hehe)

    JB07 on
    So much work, too many games.
  • Options
    Blue PenguinBlue Penguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    JB07 wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Ive decided Im going to go Walmart at midnight tomorrow and pick pearl up, despite having pre-ordered at gamestop. I blame this and the past threads for my actions.

    I, too, will probably go to wal-mart at midnight tomorrow..

    /sigh

    after pre-ordering it from ebgames.com a month ago, and after pre-ordering it TODAY from On Goody...

    I can't win.
    You guys think it will sell out really fast? i hope not to fast at least. Or do you just want it fast? :)
    GimeC wrote: »
    I just want it fast. Theres no danger of it selling out where I live with the 3 gamestops, walmart, best buy, and target all within 15-20min driving distance in the same direction.

    Blue Penguin on
    Pokemon Pearl
    Name: Blue
    Friend Code: 1633 0657 3055
    Let me know if you add me so I may add you as well.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    JB07 wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    What good does an extra saveslot do really? In my eye, it'd only be really good if the two saves could trade, which is even more wishful thinking than just desiring an extra save slot.

    I like it the way it is now. Hard to phrase it, but it feels a bit more personal knowing that you this is all you got. It would feel more mechanical flipping between three different games.
    I just like restarting everynow and then if iam really board but cant due to one save slot. (this is really bad for playing games oblivion and alike hehe)

    I have a character manager for Oblivion that divides up the saves according to each character. Only the quick and autosaves are shared.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Holy shit. I just wasted two hours trying to breed a proper Wailmer.

    I forgot I needed to breed Curse on to him.

    Dammnit.

    Speed Racer on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Holy shit. I just wasted two hours trying to breed a proper Wailmer.

    I forgot I needed to breed Curse on to him.

    Dammnit.

    Look on the bright side: Uh... err... now you have a new HM slave?

    Hevach on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Holy shit. I just wasted two hours trying to breed a proper Wailmer.

    I forgot I needed to breed Curse on to him.

    Dammnit.

    I'm about to spend the rest of my night trying to evolve a milotic with access to:

    Wiki Berry - Indigo
    Kelpsy Berry - Indigo
    Hondew Berry - Indigo
    Cornn Berry - Indigo

    but not
    Pamtre Berry

    Should be interesting.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    PkErthbnd wrote: »
    If there's still a slot, I'll totally take it.

    Like fuck you will. That's MY spot.

    Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fortunately, I just happened to have a male Torkoal with Curse in my PC, so at least I didn't have to hunt down a Curse-user.

    Still, the "wasted two hours" part stings.

    Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It pained me unpacking nearly 200 copies of D/P to put into storage at our store til Sunday.

    Though I did get to go ahead and snag my 2 styluses (Styli?) and stand.

    They didnt kid around with that stand. friggin thing is huge.

    The stylus is pretty nice too. It has a good feel to it, bout the size of a standard pen or pencil.


    So breeding.

    Never have gotten into breeding in the Pokemon games.

    Tell me if I am getting this right.

    The female determines the actual type of pokemon bred right?

    So if I have male starters, then I need a Ditto to breed them to make more.

    Guess I need me a Ditto. Ive got all of the FR/LG and R/S/E starters on my games (plus I have a spare Sapphire with no save file on it to make more of the R/S/E starters if needed.)

    How far does a GBA game need to be progressed to allow you to transfer them to D/P?


    Also, for anyone needing Jirachi. I have a Colosseum bonus disc, so once i get around to beating Emerald, Ill be able to get some of those for people who need them.

    ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Stand? What stand?

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I think i've resigned myself to the fact that i'm going to leech of the goodness of others to obtain the starters.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Stand? What stand?

    Pre-Orders of Diamond and Pearl from EBGames, at least, came with the styluses and some sort of stand thing. I haven't seen one and can't find a picture of it now...but...it's a thing with pictures of the starters on it. Apparently they weren't kidding around with it.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If you preordered both games you get both styluses AND a Stand to hold them.

    The stand has the 3 starters on it.

    ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    oldtypeoldtype Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    **** this, you know what, I'm going to the mall early tomorrow morning.

    I need to get my sister a copy anyway.

    Oh wait, I already internet preordered my sister's copy too...

    Well... I guess my cousin might want one.

    oldtype on
    Pokemon Friend Code: 0688 1761 6446

    Feel free to add, just PM me.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    The styluses are going for $10 on Ebay...

    _J_ on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    2253-pokemon-diamond.jpg

    Picture with Stand.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    oldtypeoldtype Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    oldtype wrote: »
    **** this, you know what, I'm going to the mall early tomorrow morning.

    I need to get my sister a copy anyway.

    Oh wait, I already internet preordered my sister's copy too...

    Well... I guess my cousin might want one.

    Oh, one question.

    I've never done this "highly-anticipated-title-on-release-date" thing in America before. Is it even remotely possible that I might get a copy of Pokemon if I head over to my local gaming shop at opening time tomorrow?

    Back home all the stores are clumped into a whole gaming district, so some place usually has at least one copy.

    oldtype on
    Pokemon Friend Code: 0688 1761 6446

    Feel free to add, just PM me.
  • Options
    Blue PenguinBlue Penguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I can see it happening already. One of the people that decides to supply us with the starters is going to find a shiney piplup or some shit and Im gonna wish I was a nice enough guy to care about others so I can be rewarded with shiney pokeys

    Blue Penguin on
    Pokemon Pearl
    Name: Blue
    Friend Code: 1633 0657 3055
    Let me know if you add me so I may add you as well.
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    yeah thats the stand.

    that thing is HUGE.


    I am just annoyed now. I have to close sunday. So it will be at least 7pm before I can start playing. On the plus side, I do have Monday off work.


    ...Hmm when you put it that way. yeah, Im gonna help out with supplying starters too. Im gonna have both games anyway. :D

    ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    oldtype wrote: »
    I've never done this "highly-anticipated-title-on-release-date" thing in America before. Is it even remotely possible that I might get a copy of Pokemon if I head over to my local gaming shop at opening time tomorrow?

    Back home all the stores are clumped into a whole gaming district, so some place usually has at least one copy.

    If it is a game store you can usually go in and ask how many copies / preorders they have. And it's not that much effort to fill out the little card and pre-order the game on saturday when it comes out sunday.

    Were I you i'd do that, because that's what I did today.

    It really depends on your area, though.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    oldtypeoldtype Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    oldtype wrote: »
    I've never done this "highly-anticipated-title-on-release-date" thing in America before. Is it even remotely possible that I might get a copy of Pokemon if I head over to my local gaming shop at opening time tomorrow?

    Back home all the stores are clumped into a whole gaming district, so some place usually has at least one copy.

    If it is a game store you can usually go in and ask how many copies / preorders they have. And it's not that much effort to fill out the little card and pre-order the game on saturday when it comes out sunday.

    Were I you i'd do that, because that's what I did today.

    It really depends on your area, though.

    Yeah, I'll try that.

    It's going to be a pain in the *** getting off campus and riding into Boston, but for some God forsaken reason, I just NEED Pokemon ASAP. I don't even know why.

    oldtype on
    Pokemon Friend Code: 0688 1761 6446

    Feel free to add, just PM me.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I can see it happening already. One of the people that decides to supply us with the starters is going to find a shiney piplup or some shit and Im gonna wish I was a nice enough guy to care about others so I can be rewarded with shiney pokeys

    Right now I don't own leaf green/fire red. And I really don't want to play through Diamond...then play through pearl...then go back and farm Ruby...THEN go buy fire red /leaf green...then play through them....

    I'd much rather trade for them, considering that is a lot of time and effort just to get pokemon I probably won't ever use.

    It would be awesome, however, to catch them all....

    _J_ on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    oldtype wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    oldtype wrote: »
    I've never done this "highly-anticipated-title-on-release-date" thing in America before. Is it even remotely possible that I might get a copy of Pokemon if I head over to my local gaming shop at opening time tomorrow?

    Back home all the stores are clumped into a whole gaming district, so some place usually has at least one copy.

    If it is a game store you can usually go in and ask how many copies / preorders they have. And it's not that much effort to fill out the little card and pre-order the game on saturday when it comes out sunday.

    Were I you i'd do that, because that's what I did today.

    It really depends on your area, though.

    Yeah, I'll try that.

    It's going to be a pain in the *** getting off campus and riding into Boston, but for some God forsaken reason, I just NEED Pokemon ASAP. I don't even know why.

    Boston? Watch out for Mooninite Light Brights.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Gamestop/EB stopped taking preorders on it Wednesday.

    Just to save you the trouble if thats where you were heading.

    All GS/EBs are supposed to have a good supply of them for walk-in customers though.

    I know our store got about 45 extra copies of it. (I give those til Tuesday, and thats being generous).

    ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    oldtypeoldtype Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    oldtype wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    oldtype wrote: »
    I've never done this "highly-anticipated-title-on-release-date" thing in America before. Is it even remotely possible that I might get a copy of Pokemon if I head over to my local gaming shop at opening time tomorrow?

    Back home all the stores are clumped into a whole gaming district, so some place usually has at least one copy.

    If it is a game store you can usually go in and ask how many copies / preorders they have. And it's not that much effort to fill out the little card and pre-order the game on saturday when it comes out sunday.

    Were I you i'd do that, because that's what I did today.

    It really depends on your area, though.

    Yeah, I'll try that.

    It's going to be a pain in the *** getting off campus and riding into Boston, but for some God forsaken reason, I just NEED Pokemon ASAP. I don't even know why.

    Boston? Watch out for Mooninite Light Brights.


    Oh lol, I was in my local comic shop when that was on the news. We all had a good laugh. :P

    oldtype on
    Pokemon Friend Code: 0688 1761 6446

    Feel free to add, just PM me.
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    oldtype wrote: »
    Oh, one question.

    I've never done this "highly-anticipated-title-on-release-date" thing in America before. Is it even remotely possible that I might get a copy of Pokemon if I head over to my local gaming shop at opening time tomorrow?

    Back home all the stores are clumped into a whole gaming district, so some place usually has at least one copy.

    Yes, it is. Hitting up Gamestop or someplace like that, there's a fair chance they'll have a rack full of them but still give you a spiel that they're for pre-orders only, but you can come back tomorrow and buy one of the same copies.

    A good bet to is making the rounds at non-game-specific stores, since they usually don't do pre-orders. What you see is what's on sale. Best Buy, Circuit City, WalMart, Target, and Meijer are all good bets around my area (Last two not so much for PC games). I've found that even with big releases, if you get going early (It helps that there are two 24 hour locations each of Target, WalMart, and Meijer near me), you can find a copy without a pre-order. It's actually the minor releases that get to be a pain, because some of these sort of places just won't stock it, and Gamestop might not bother to order it if nobody pre-orders.

    Hevach on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    How do you get one of those stands, and what is that stand for?

    DarkPrimus on
This discussion has been closed.