As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    I’m fucked if they just release a dozen Mad Max themed sets.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh shit. There are totally going to be a ton of Mad Max themed sets and cool space ships and also Friends set integration!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That is even better with your avatar.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    That trailer is so perfect. Give me all the Mad Max sets.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Wow. And the best part is, this fits super-well with the narrative of the first one!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    My first lego baby minifigs are going to be sewer babies.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So! My first ever visit to a Lego store as an adult!

... It was not what I was expecting, but still cool!

When I was a kid, I visited the lego store in the Mall of America. That place ROCKED. just.. toys set up everywhere, lots of stuff to do...

This was.. well.. a mall place. Where the only product was Lego.

Now what was cool was seeing the sets in real life. I was correct that I have literally no where to put the Roller Coaster. And the Millenium Falcon is huge and amazing.

... I was able to resist buying the Falcon, thankfully.

*cough*

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

When I was a kid, I visited the lego store in the Mall of America. That place ROCKED. just.. toys set up everywhere, lots of stuff to do...

Now what was cool was seeing the sets in real life. I was correct that I have literally no where to put the Roller Coaster. And the Millenium Falcon is huge and amazing.

*cough*

Mall of America one isn't quite a fair comparison. I think that was the first US store, it's in the center of the mall and has room to set up the enormous models (from the 90s with an unhealthy amount of dust on them). When I was there the interior was the same as every one I have been to since, it just had a really cool exterior that most mall stores can't pull off.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

*cough*

So how's the coaster?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

*cough*

So how's the coaster?

dunno, went for something with a smaller footprint. But just as tall...

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I just recently went to my first not insane Lego store. I live just outside Orlando so the Disney Springs store has been my only Lego Store experience. While I like the store, it's loud and crowded. I'm currently on a work trip in NC and went to the store in Raleigh. It was so nice to browse in peace. I wish I had a store like it near me.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options

*cough*

So how's the coaster?

Saturn V?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

*cough*

So how's the coaster?

Saturn V?

Already got that.

No, the Ninjago City (and the Tron bikes and ship in a bottle).

• Options
    I'm about 2/5 done with the city. I don't want to stop, despite it being 3AM. (I've been building between E3 coverage).

None of my Lego sets so far have come close to this level and attention to detail. I know the higher part count is helping, but just the variety of things you do... More than once I've gone hunting for pieces because I didn't notice some previous step had a slightly different part or something.

I know I'm gonna get the docks when they are available over here.

And part of me is wondering if they are going to do a 3rd part of the city... just to complete the wraparound sidewalk.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Fuck. I just read a review of the Ninjago Dock and saw it connected to the Ninjago city. I need both of these now. They look so perfect connected together.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I need to know how Destiny's Bounty looks in front of the dock. For a friend.

• Options
    Tomanta wrote: »
    I need to know how Destiny's Bounty looks in front of the dock. For a friend.

Probably pretty damn good!

• Options
    Here is a video with them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SrJLo2Ecy8

• Options
    Here is a video with them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SrJLo2Ecy8

Video is mean.

Here's an amazing build that only needs you to sell an organ or two to afford!

( the U shaped mega city at end with two docked Dedtiny's)

• Options
    So you just need to raise the city a bit and it looks awesome. Fuck, now I need to get the boat, the docks, and figure out how to keep the cats away from all of it...

• Options
    Damn, son.

Took me 2 1/2 days of E3 coverage, but... Jeeeez. This thing is HEAVY.

(and yes I need to do my dishes something fierce.)

Ktbf8IOh.jpg

I'm glad that it fits aesthetically well with my previous centerpiece Japanese temple Ninjago thingy that I got on clearance.

WozTar4h.jpg

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So is it just a rumor that there will be 4 Ninjago city sets? As that is the 2nd person to talk about that from just a video
    Sigh I guess I will just set aside some money for it and the boat then

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So is it just a rumor that there will be 4 Ninjago city sets? As that is the 2nd person to talk about that from just a video
    Sigh I guess I will just set aside some money for it and the boat then

The other side of the dock has part of an upper deck/railing that matches the other side and City set so I definitely feel they are planning more that connect. They are probably popular enough that they can do one a year like the other modulars.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Yeah, it really looks like they're gonna go all in on these city sets. I think I'm gonna take mine apart soon though. It's so freaking big.

Also, Athenor - your kitchen is gonna give me an anxiety attack. Especially the shit on your stove. Please don't burn your apartment/house down.

• Options
    Okay fine. I bought that Ninjago City.

Now to track down the boat.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Is the City ever going to go on sale?

300 is too much for me to get away with.
    I need to find someone to pay me 300 for an art.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

I used my VIP points on it to knock $50 off.

Also my dad wants the boat for his birthday so that is sorted. My nephew is going to freak out when these things are built.

• Options
    I'm pretty much trading my desire for the UCS Falcon for the Ninjago City sets. So much more going on and more room for having minofigs do stuff, and displaying is less of a pain.

• Options
    I'm pretty much trading my desire for the UCS Falcon for the Ninjago City sets. So much more going on and more room for having minofigs do stuff, and displaying is less of a pain.

They are just so colorful and happy looking. I was going to get the Assembly Square as it is the only modular I odn't have but fuck it. The city looks way better.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    My favorite part of the whole Ninjago City set is the cherry blossom tree. Such a great touch.

• Options

They are just so colorful and happy looking. I was going to get the Assembly Square as it is the only modular I odn't have but fuck it. The city looks way better.

Seriously. The only other modular I have is the cinema and I might actually take it apart when I get the docks. It's just very plain in comparison.

• Options
    Yeah, it really looks like they're gonna go all in on these city sets. I think I'm gonna take mine apart soon though. It's so freaking big.

Also, Athenor - your kitchen is gonna give me an anxiety attack. Especially the shit on your stove. Please don't burn your apartment/house down.

Working on it. :)

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

It'll probably never go on sale. But I will defend the price. It's almost 5,000 pieces. I'm not a ninjago fan but it is absolutely my favorite set, both to build and to look at. It's just incredible to look at all the individually rooms that are all built with a different ascetic and method.

Anyhow, there's rumors of an Lego Aston-Martin car set. Not sure if it's going to be a technic build like the Porsche or the Bugatti Chiron.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Turkson wrote: »
    Anyhow, there's rumors of an Lego Aston-Martin car set. Not sure if it's going to be a technic build like the Porsche or the Bugatti Chiron.

I hope it is the 1:8 Technic version like the Porsche or Bugatti since those are my jam. I didn't really like the smaller Ferrari F40 since it was too blocky, but I guess they could be doing a really small Speed Champions version which for the most part are pretty neat and very affordable.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    The F40 is my second favorite lego set after the Saturn V. The F40 is a blocky, angular car!

I'd love an aston but they're never going to do the aston I want
    640px-Aston_Martin_DBR9_LM08.jpg

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm just hoping by the time I can save up for a Ninjago City it's not triple the price in aftermarket by then

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I expect the Ninjago City to stick around for years. It's big, it's unlicensed, and it offers things that few other sets do.

• Options
    Yeah, it makes me regret that I didn't get the Helicarrier, but that was available for ... what, 3-4 years?

The city is apparently an amazing value on the price per part ratio, much like the Saturn V. Jang's calculation has it at $ .06 per piece (typical average is 10-11). In fact, I was surprised when I bought it for $300, because I could've sworn it would cost $300.

This discussion has been closed.