As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That... might not be a bad option, actually. Of course all this hinges on whether or not I get it for my birthday. Given how hard they are to find....

Speaking of which, and other bad decisions... Brick Fan is implying that the SHIELD Helicarrier might be retiring very soon. I've wanted that set ever since it was announced, but a $350 purchase is.. well.. huge. But I'd get double VIP points, not that I've ever used those.

Ugggh. I just can't decide.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    That... might not be a bad option, actually. Of course all this hinges on whether or not I get it for my birthday. Given how hard they are to find....

Speaking of which, and other bad decisions... Brick Fan is implying that the SHIELD Helicarrier might be retiring very soon. I've wanted that set ever since it was announced, but a $350 purchase is.. well.. huge. But I'd get double VIP points, not that I've ever used those.

The set is a fun build but I can understand that it is on the far side of affordable. Also, I use VIP points every time I get something from the Lego store, they ask if I want to use the balance on my card and it gives me a few bucks off the current purchase.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I love my Helicarrier. I put the motor in it and it works great!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I was out at Toys R Us this morning and they had 2 Saturn V sets! Awesome!

... Except I asked for the Saturn V for my birthday, which is in 5 days, and it's like the only thing I've asked for in over a decade, maybe longer.

So naturally, I did the only sensible thing: Bought the Saturn V, and am stashing it in a closet until after my birthday to see if I get it. :)

Damn is that a heavy box!

If you get one, I will legit buy that one from you since that same thing happened to me except I know the person who was supposed to get it, didn't get it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

The set is a fun build but I can understand that it is on the far side of affordable. Also, I use VIP points every time I get something from the Lego store, they ask if I want to use the balance on my card and it gives me a few bucks off the current purchase.

I have tons of points with Sideshow toy I have never spent
    I kind of want it but then I have a huge pile of lego backlog to take care of that I feel that box would get tossed into

But the Comment of investing with lego is kind of bonkers since I consider it what someone is willing to pay I see people trying to sell the SWOR Sith Fury for $500 when the last one I saw went for $150
    But I lump it in with guitars as why are those an investable property?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My Saturn V showed up! Built stage 1. It is already huge!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Yeah a Saturn V is cool and all but has it ever made a Trench Run to take down a Death Star?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Yeah a Saturn V is cool and all but has it ever made a Trench Run to take down a Death Star?

Well, proton torpedoes look kind of like the reentry module.
    That's gotta count for something, right?

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    @timspork's ghost you're a Ghostbuster, Lego person and notable ghost. Would you happen to know if... there's a MOC version of the Firehouse that is more in scale with the Modular Buildings, with an LDD file to part out and purchase? DRX wants to add the Firehouse to our Lego city but the official set is too dang big and out of scale. :<

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @timspork's ghost you're a Ghostbuster, Lego person and notable ghost. Would you happen to know if... there's a MOC version of the Firehouse that is more in scale with the Modular Buildings, with an LDD file to part out and purchase? DRX wants to add the Firehouse to our Lego city but the official set is too dang big and out of scale. :<

I do not. Once the official one came out I stopped looking at MOCs.

I think it would depend if you wanted the Ecto to be able to part inside. That would mess with the scale as the Ecto is pretty huge compared to minifigures.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I'm drawing up my own version right now in LDD. Gonna use the same doors as the official set, so assuming I get reeeeal stingy with space alloted to Janeane's desk, it might fit an Ecto inside. I've also got the Hearse Ecto from the new movie though, so one of em is parking outside regardless. ;P

Here is the main point of contention; full or half width baseplate? I can juuuust about squish it onto a 16x32 I think, and it can squeeze next to the Fire Brigade as like an extension of the station. But! It would essentially be flat on either side, and I'd basically lose the whole side of the building with the three windows on em. That might not be so bad tho, as I'm already struggling to render those properly.

It's a tough call between squishing all 3 down, essentially making them inconsistent in size with the front of the building, or keeping them at full size and just omitting the third window, basically slicing the last portion of the building off...

I'm leaning towards 32x32 baseplate, cause then I can add the sidewalk and maybe an alley on the other side of the building. But the space saved by a half size is difficult to ignore! ;P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

I do not. Once the official one came out I stopped looking at MOCs.

I think it would depend if you wanted the Ecto to be able to part inside. That would mess with the scale as the Ecto is pretty huge compared to minifigures.

Would the Lego Dimension Ecto fit inside , or would that one be too small?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm drawing up my own version right now in LDD. Gonna use the same doors as the official set, so assuming I get reeeeal stingy with space alloted to Janeane's desk, it might fit an Ecto inside. I've also got the Hearse Ecto from the new movie though, so one of em is parking outside regardless. ;P

Here is the main point of contention; full or half width baseplate? I can juuuust about squish it onto a 16x32 I think, and it can squeeze next to the Fire Brigade as like an extension of the station. But! It would essentially be flat on either side, and I'd basically lose the whole side of the building with the three windows on em. That might not be so bad tho, as I'm already struggling to render those properly.

It's a tough call between squishing all 3 down, essentially making them inconsistent in size with the front of the building, or keeping them at full size and just omitting the third window, basically slicing the last portion of the building off...

I'm leaning towards 32x32 baseplate, cause then I can add the sidewalk and maybe an alley on the other side of the building. But the space saved by a half size is difficult to ignore! ;P

realistically you should make it a modular town corner section size shouldn't you? Oh I guess you lose the alley doing it that way though.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Just a head's up - as suspected, family didn't get me the Saturn V, though I did get some money.. so, costs offset!

I'm through building Stage 1, which I blew through in about 2 hours or so? Man, was that enjoyable as hell. I've never built anything that touchy before.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

realistically you should make it a modular town corner section size shouldn't you? Oh I guess you lose the alley doing it that way though.

Yeah, I think I'm committed to the full size corner piece now. Realised the 'rules' of modulars is that connecting walls are flat and at the boundary all the way up, and that'd be a lame departure from how the Firehouse looks IRL as a freestanding structure with a thicker base and roof than its walls. So, full size corner with an alley on the left, sidewalk on the right! And SLIME EVERYWHERE

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Just a head's up - as suspected, family didn't get me the Saturn V, though I did get some money.. so, costs offset!

I'm through building Stage 1, which I blew through in about 2 hours or so? Man, was that enjoyable as hell. I've never built anything that touchy before.

I love all the design work that went into Stage 1 to make it structurally sound once it was all assembled.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »

I love all the design work that went into Stage 1 to make it structurally sound once it was all assembled.

I love knowing what's inside. Like.. this would NOT have been possible even a couple years ago. But the conical shape between the tanks is so cool!

• Options
    Mother of God.

Pictures... do not do this thing's size justice.

jbjLRdvh.jpg

YRU3xRqh.jpg

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i need it

why did i let someone talk me into letting them buy it for my birthday only for them to forget even though i told them multiple times when the release day was :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i need it

why did i let someone talk me into letting them buy it for my birthday only for them to forget even though i told them multiple times when the release day was :(

If I see one, I'll see what I can do. If they really are going to produce them until deep into 2018, it should be available.

• Options
    Huh. The two Spiderman: Homecoming sets are surprisingly accurate, considering Lego's track record with Marvel movies.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Huh. The two Spiderman: Homecoming sets are surprisingly accurate, considering Lego's track record with Marvel movies.

I'm in love with the Avenger's masked robbers minifigs.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Ken O wrote: »

I'm in love with the Avenger's masked robbers minifigs.

I'm a little sad that it doesn't also have robber Thor and Iron Man.

• Options
    Progress on the Modular scale GB Firehouse;

krSn6DLl.jpg
    Got a ways to go, but I'm actually really happy with the progress. Got the bell, Janeane and Egon's desk, the fire pole, a couple of the support struts and the three lockers on the other side (sorry Winston)

Concessions to space made; I copied the look of the alarm from another attempt at this, and it was so tall and ingrained into the wall that I almost omitted the middle windows because of it. Compromised by making them only one tall, and mirrored it on the left side of the building so it's not so weird.

A lot of the exterior is based on 'Mighty Maus' MOC of this that got pretty high on Ideas, buuut I'm gonna be changing it up a little now. The interior was the big hurdle I think, and it's mostly sorted... I got no idea how to do the fire pole. Might end up copying the one piece for piece from Fire Brigade...

OH ALSO the laser containment grid! I had a sacrilegious idea for that. So. The ground floor doesn't currently look much like the Fire Brigade. I plan on making the upper floors more like it, use the same brick techniques. And I have that alleyway on the left. My idea is; put the containment unit at the back of the alley, with a small little building around it, and a staircase leading up to the second floor. And maybe a dumpster blocking access from the street. Cause ghosts belong in the trash, and I can't put in a basement under the baseplate.

The entrance to this alley will be done up in the same style as the ground floor of the Fire Brigade, so hopefully when connected, the Ghostbusters HQ will end up looking like a semi attached extension of it. <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    So prime day had some crazy lego deals I guess? I missed all that but now I'm looking at creator sets and they are labelled prime day but there is no actual discount.

I like to ART
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    So prime day had some crazy lego deals I guess? I missed all that but now I'm looking at creator sets and they are labelled prime day but there is no actual discount.

Different Prime Day deals go active at different times through tomorrow.

• Options
    Damn I wanted to get the battle droid carrier 7126 set but its out of stock every where. Didnt think it would move so fast once it was discontinued.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

Different Prime Day deals go active at different times through tomorrow.

It also looks like on nearly every LEGO set Prime members get an extra 10% off

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

They had a brief (15 minutes or so) period where sales percentages went wonky and applied multiple times in error. I heard a fair amount of sets sold for 60% off or more. I know Lego Batman sets were glitched, and I heard of things like the Death Star going for $180ish.

I was lucky enough to get in on a few video games during the time - got Mario Maker 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 3DS, Lego Worlds PS4 and preordered Pikmin 3DS for around $30 total.

Unfortunately during the time I only checked for Lego Dimensions glitches, didn't even think to check normal sets.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    That happened last year with the ultimate tie set

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

And they cancelled all the orders.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm not sure on the Lego orders, but they did honor the video game ones I placed (well, we'll see if they cancel my Pikmin pre-order). I didn't have any big ticket items though, so I can't speak to any of those. I think the folks that got board games seemed to be get shipping notifications too.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    mts wrote: »

And they cancelled all the orders.

i dunno about that. i know someone who got theirs

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Holy Shitsnacks this Walmart you all.
    Was browsing lego aisle, see a tag of 129$ marked down to 50$, but shelf is empty and all it says is SHAB
    Had a feeling I knew what that was, but thought, no way, couldn't be that one, it's about to be discontinued and was super popular, ( and the main kicker, it was one I wanted, so no way it was that right?)
    Guess who just scored this for 50$
    91%2Buu2Q-c6L._SX466_.jpg

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    I ordered the N-1 Starfighter. Pretty excited, I loved that design as a kid and had the original set that came out with Episode 1. It was one of my favorites.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    The parts order from Lego took forever but.....

ymFCLJX.jpg

3TvFGy8.jpg

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    More Modular GB Firehouse progress!

Can't decide if I want the middle window to be thicker or not. Making it 2 wide instead of 4 means I can make the wall tiles a little wider. Which of these looks better?

NmzZgJ3l.jpg

Tzwy2JSl.jpg

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I like the first

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Personally, if you are doing the bottom floor middle window as four wide then do the upper middle ones four wide as well. Otherwise make them all two wide.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    I like the second one, the asymmetry is justified by the AC / Vent unit on the first floor and the 2wide windows look more appropriate for the rest of the facade.

I like to ART
This discussion has been closed.