As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    New minifig set. I want the two birthday kids, the two people dressed as lego bricks, and the remake of the 1978 police officer. Don't care for any of the rest.

I love the little tiny fake lego set the police officer has.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    New minifig set. I want the two birthday kids, the two people dressed as lego bricks, and the remake of the 1978 police officer. Don't care for any of the rest.

It is the set that figure first came in!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

It is the set that figure first came in!

I wish that woulda been the 3rd walmart set instead of the basic car ( not that I managed to get any of the walmart sets anyway heh)

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I made a head for the First Order AT ST, adapted from the Rogue One set so it should fit perfectly!

DTsu3Ecl.jpg

LDD file

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    put the treads on tonight.

my fingers hurt from snapping like 300 of those little tread bits together.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

First world problems.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

First world problems.

I dunno, it sounds like a pretty good emulation of third world problems.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

New treads are nice. Way bigger and easier to manage.

On an unrelated note. I really dig that they are making boost compatibile sets that will have the command and stuff. Boost is a really neat system so having other things is good. My son really loves his

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »

On an unrelated note. I really dig that they are making boost compatibile sets that will have the command and stuff. Boost is a really neat system so having other things is good. My son really loves his

I saw they are doing some kind of sea monster or dragon.

It's gonna be hard for me to resist that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    mts wrote: »

I saw they are doing some kind of sea monster or dragon.

It's gonna be hard for me to resist that.

Yea first one is a ninjago dragon

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Well I learnt something about the Rogue One AT-ST set.

If your roommate trips and knocks into the shelf it's on and it falls 6ish feet to the ground, it will completely disaassemble rofl.

even the minifig split apart! Guess I'll be digging out the instructions and rebuilding that tonight after work.

Was impressive tho, just exploded into pieces, maybe 3 pieces left attached to another piece.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Sounds like you might need some Kragle

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I got some of my sets out of the closet yesterday that I wanted to put on display again. Had to reassemble most of them. A couple of them are going for $200-300 on Amazon. Like double, triple, quadruple original price I paid. And even in the used condition like this!

Hmm, but I can't rid myself of my beloved Millennium Falcon, so sir.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular

If your roommate trips and knocks into the shelf it's on and it falls 6ish feet to the ground, it will completely disaassemble rofl.

even the minifig split apart! Guess I'll be digging out the instructions and rebuilding that tonight after work.

Was impressive tho, just exploded into pieces, maybe 3 pieces left attached to another piece.

Man, I don't know what it is, I mean I love building sets, but rebuilding a busted set drives me nuts. I have a Minecraft cave that's 80% in pieces for almost a year now and I can't be bothered to redo it.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Man, I don't know what it is, I mean I love building sets, but rebuilding a busted set drives me nuts. I have a Minecraft cave that's 80% in pieces for almost a year now and I can't be bothered to redo it.

I have a megablock guardian ship from Destiny 1. It fell of the shelf and broke. While fixing it I was left with two extra pieces that went nowhere even when I looked through the directions. They just magically spawned.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    My partner threw the dog's ball directly at my UCS Tie Fighter, knocking it off the stand and my Phasma model to the floor. Phasma lost a leg but the Tie Fighter only lost a couple bits off of one of the wings. I was pretty impressed.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    My partner threw the dog's ball directly at my UCS Tie Fighter, knocking it off the stand and my Phasma model to the floor. Phasma lost a leg but the Tie Fighter only lost a couple bits off of one of the wings. I was pretty impressed.

I was really impressed with how solid that model is when I built it.

In other Lego news, the new Technic Mack truck was finally in stock at my local Lego store yesterday so now I have a weekend project. :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I moved 3 years ago and all of my old Lego sets have been sitting in the garage until about a month ago, when the wife got on a Lego kick. Now about a third of my old Lego Star Wars kits have been rebuilt, including:

AT-AT
    Star Destroyer
    UCS Tie Interceptor x2
    UCS Tie Advanced
    UCS General Greivous
    UCS AT-ST

Next up is the UCS Super Star Destroyer. My wife has had so much fun rebuilding these that we went to Ikea last weekend and I've built a table and a couple of shelves so we can rebuild together upstairs.

Have I mentioned I have the best wife? Because I have the best wife.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I think what it is is rebuilding means you have ALL the pieces in one big pile. The 1/2/3/4 etc bags of the initial build 'feel' better to me, plus you have a clearly delineated stopping point if you don't do the whole thing in one sitting.

• Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Yes, Lego wife rules. Unfortunately, my wife likes to watch Real Housewife shows of all flavors.

• Options
    Rhah wrote: »
    Yes, Lego wife rules. Unfortunately, my wife likes to watch Real Housewife shows of all flavors.

My wife likes to watch documentaries about female murderers. As long as she doesn't try to act out one, I'm ok with it.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Lego is now going to make plant brick out of real plant oil. I think that's a pretty cool idea.

https://www.fastcompany.com/40538201/lego-is-swapping-plastic-for-plants-with-new-sustainably-made-elements

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Pictures of more new Star Wars sets are out too.
    Possible spoilers, but doesn't look like there's anything here that wasn't in the trailer.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/03/07/lego-star-wars-solo-a-star-wars-story-official-set-images-are-finally-here-and-more-news/#comment-102625
    I'm disappointed that the TIE is a classic TIE, and not the new variant from the trailer.
    I don't think I'm disappointed enough to skip it though.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    There are reports that TRU might decide to close all their stores. Might be worth paying attention, because that might lead to actual discounts on Lego.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I am completely shocked by this, but I found the Infinity War sets for 20% off at Wal-mart last night, with the exception of the Sanctum Santorium. Which is the set I most want, but hey.

I picked up the new Ravager ship and Thor's weapon quest, to get the gauntlet and to make the combined ship.

Quite frankly, I think the new Ravager ship is the best of all 3 they've done so far. It's kind of a shape the GotG2 one is kinda small and puny, but luckily it now looks like I have this whole army of Ravager ships, which is cool.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    There are reports that TRU might decide to close all their stores. Might be worth paying attention, because that might lead to actual discounts on Lego.

What I've read is that they might just start close-out sales this week, in fact, with the intention to have the stores cleaned out as soon as next week. Yikes.

• Options

What I've read is that they might just start close-out sales this week, in fact, with the intention to have the stores cleaned out as soon as next week. Yikes.

I really don't know what the investors are hoping for. The factions pushing for that are basically cutting their losses.. do they expect to come back?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

I really don't know what the investors are hoping for. The factions pushing for that are basically cutting their losses.. do they expect to come back?

It's Bain Capital, they tend to drain all the blood from the stone before breaking it.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

It's Bain Capital, they tend to drain all the blood from the stone before breaking it.

... Fuck. I didn't realize it was them. Goddamnit. While TRU has its issues (overpriced, way too much stock that languishes too long), they do some really cool things too in terms of kid events and such.

• Options

They already filed for bankruptcy, so I'm sure the lagging sales figures from the holiday didn't inspire confidence so now just closing up shop. I read that it might spur the actual merger of Mattel and Hasbro and possibly Lego (though less likely).

• Options

In 2006, Bain Capital bought Toys R Us in a leveraged $6.6B deal. This deal included financing a $5.2B loan, which Bain tied to Toys R Us. They haven't been paying back the loan, just the $400M in interest on it every year. And Bain is just siphoning off the profits. So when the toy market fell into a slump last year, it couldn't maintain it's payments, and had to go into foreclosure. It should be impossible with a 15% market share for Toys R Us to fail.

So, thank you Mitt Romney, for continuing the Republican tradition of taking things I loved as a child and murdering them.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

In 2006, Bain Capital bought Toys R Us in a leveraged $6.6B deal. This deal included financing a $5.2B loan, which Bain tied to Toys R Us. They haven't been paying back the loan, just the $400M in interest on it every year. And Bain is just siphoning off the profits. So when the toy market fell into a slump last year, it couldn't maintain it's payments, and had to go into foreclosure. It should be impossible with a 15% market share for Toys R Us to fail.

So, thank you Mitt Romney, for continuing the Republican tradition of taking things I loved as a child and murdering them.

See also, Bain Capital and KB Toys...

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i still don't understand how that shit is even legal.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Cashed in my Rewards points today and bought the River Heist set for my son and I to split. We loved the kid's events they had.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    I'm trying to find out if Canada TRU are going down too, lots of articles about how they gonna tough it out and stay around, but then lots of articles about how that's a lie and they are about to vanish also.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

See also, Bain Capital and KB Toys...

Fun fact, selling the KB trademarks to Toys R Us is how Bain Capital got their first portion of TRU control!

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Ugh. This is really bothering me.

My mother past 3 years ago due to cancer. She spent in a year in and out of the hospital. During that time she told me she had a dream that she took my son to Denny's and then Toys R Us. It was her goal to get better.

The day after she passed I took my son to Denny's and TRU for her. Every time I really miss her my son and I have a "Grandma Jo Day".

So yeah. This morning my boy got pancakes, a new hot wheels car, and some Lego. I really hope it isn't the last time.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    While TRU is never my first stop due to the Lego tax, there is something uniquely fun about walking around in there and it would be a dang shame for that to go away forever.

Somewhat related, I went to Walmart today to grab Infinity War sets. They didn't have em. But Target did, and I tried that price matching thing I've heard so much about and it worked so hey. I have most of the Gauntlet assembled! Waiting to get the Sanctum in April to get the bonus set then (it's a minifig factory!) so for now, missing the Time Stone, so our heroes still have a chance to fix things...

I like that they give you 4 of a stone in each set. The gunpla fan in me hates the nub marks they leave on each stone, but then I gotta be rational and think how many Lego parts come with nubs or pour marks or stress lines anyway. I sanded some of them down, they look pretty good! Reality (red) is somewhat more opaque than the rest though, that's odd.

The brick colours used in the sets are interesting, a lot of uncommon colours like sand blue and teal. The build for the Outrider dropship is surprisingly very fun for such a small item - it folds together in a very satisfying way. The escape pod from Thor's Weapon Quest has a great feel to it, I love the rounded sides and overall look of it. Hulkbuster is massive and I'm already planning out how to minimise it to scale with my other Bigfig scale Hulkbuster from AoU, I love it's design!

The new power effect parts are ok, some of them could be very useful for some characters. They suggest using them as Thor's lightning and I don't think it's really a good fit? Looks too much like fire, even in blue.

Still bummed about some of the minifig designs. Thanos' crown feels lazy, Thor is... inaccurate, and so many characters feel under designed due to having unprinted legs. There are a fair few recycled characters from recent sets too - Black Panther, Vision, Banner and Star Lord are all repeats from the last couple years. There's only one repeated character across this theme (barring the alien mooks) and that is, oddly, Iron Man mk 48. Usually he gets a couple variants, this time it's the same minifig twice, and in the two largest sets, though he does have added brick built details in one of them.

Also it's nice to finally get a Gamora wearing her own clothes, rather than a Ravager uniform or copying Quill's rocket pack body!

Anyway, is a great theme and I'm real happy for the most part <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    i still don't understand how that shit is even legal.

Because well people worship the General Theory of Money and Trade by Lord Keynes

• Options
    I went to Toys R Us today and used up all my reward points before the store ceases to exist and got the new Avengers Lego set with Black Panther for free. Also got the two sets with the Guardians/Thor/Thanos in them. Now I just need the Sanctum Santorum set.

This discussion has been closed.