As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Athenor wrote: »
    For us dirty casuals - is the Resistance X-wing any different, design-wise, from Poe's? Or is it just swapping out pieces?

From what I can tell it looks Identical in construction, which is fine by me!

What I am for sure getting:
    Blue X-Wing
    A-Wing Vs TIE Advanced

And that's it. Don't like the ship from the other show, it looks too blockly

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    We will soon be able to own Simon Pegg in LEGO form (sort of). I don't know what to do with this information.

Two Simon Peggs.

They can gang up on Kreo Simon Pegg and steal his lunch money!

Where's the other Pegg? None come to mind!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    We will soon be able to own Simon Pegg in LEGO form (sort of). I don't know what to do with this information.

Two Simon Peggs.

They can gang up on Kreo Simon Pegg and steal his lunch money!

Where's the other Pegg? None come to mind!

He voices Dengar in Rebels. Since that appears to be the Rebels version of Dengar...

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    The Hoth UCS set is just...just so underwhelming.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Turkson wrote: »

I don't get this sentiment. It's got a ton of little play areas and a snow speeder. What am I missing?

Edit: Like, this looks like a lot of fun to me 24614675449_c03b73f697_z.jpg?resize=625%2C625

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

I don't get this sentiment. It's got a ton of little play areas and a snow speeder. What am I missing?

Compared to other UCS sets like the Death Star or Ewok Village it looks more like bundle of already released sets than anything cohesive.

The set has been rumored for a long time too. So the expectation was probably set impossibly high.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

Edit: Like, this looks like a lot of fun to me 24614675449_c03b73f697_z.jpg?resize=625%2C625

For a set called "Assault on Hoth" it's missing the main thing the Imperials used to carry out the assault.

Might be better to call it "Echo Base" or something like that.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    An in-scale AT-AT costs what, $100-200? Let alone what a UCS would cost?

This reminds me a lot of the Death Star vignettes.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    The main underwhelmness of the Hoth set is that there's been loads of speeders within the last couple years, the trench is pretty much availiable in shops already and the main doors/insides were available a year or two ago in the last echo base set (which judging by my local TRU was a very slow selling set as I saw some there at last xmas).
    The only new bits are the Wampa, Shield generator and Ion Cannon.
    On the plus side Wedge and Janson! and Toryn Farr soi'll bricklink them. Maybe Luke aswell

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I'm not a big Star Wars fan to begin with, but for me, that Hoth set just looks like a hodgepodge of stuff instead of one coherent set. I'm sure that when you think about it piece wise, the count makes sense, but looking at it, it just seems like a really bad deal.

Also, Collider has a bunch of pictures from ToyFair for the Marvel/DC sets. Nothing new, and it looks like they're still keeping one Civil War set under wraps. That said, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be buying all the Marvel sets this year.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    The Hoth set doesn't seem like a UCS set to me, just a large playset. I really prefer the large ships though, so will continue to wait for one of those.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    That blue X-Wing is exactly what I was waiting for. Will definitely pick that up.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    That Hoth set looks like they had too many ideas for little 10-20 dollar sets that come with a bunch of lego people and decided to toss them all in one box.
    Not really my thing, but if I was looking for a boatload of white and grey pieces... Yeah, it'd probably be cheaper to hit the pick-a-brick wall and fill up some buckets.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Honestly, the Hoth set is *almost* there. It just doesn't have anything other than 'Hoth' to tie it together and there have been a LOT of Hoth sets over the years.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The snowspeeder is also identical to the previous one from last year, except with orange markings instead of grey.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wonder if the issue is the UCS branding? I mean.. I feel like there has to be more going on with that set for the pieces, though I do see a substantial amount used in the hangar door. but when I look over at the Ghostbusters Firehouse... it just doesn't seem to add up?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Damn you Lego, I don't want to spend more money on a blue X wing when I have Poe's.

Definitely getting the A Wing/TiE Advanced combo. Also very excited to see what smaller sets they have, those are always my favorite.

• Options
    I put together the King's Mech Saturday night. I'm in love with the set. It was fun to put together and the final model is solid.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Speaking of Nexo Knights, I was in a Lego store this weekend and they had a promotion where if you spent $50+, you got a free Robin's Mini Fortrex. It's freaking adorable

nkerzqkrk5br.jpg

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I was just sorting through a bunch of old boxes of childhood stuff at my Dad's house, and found my old boxes of Lego (which, sadly, as he lives on the other side of the Atlantic to me, can't come home yet). I did confirm, though, that I still have all the bits from these waiting for when I _can_ bring them back:

1EoIvnv.jpg

(yes, from this set and this set. I don't seem to have the instructions any more (though I did find the instructions for 920), but I'm fairly confident I have all the pieces for the spaceships in there. And, yes, a bunch of old spacemen, most of whom have the now-canonical snapped chin strap)

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Oh man, the mini Fortrex requires a lego purchase at the store? Hrrmmmm.. I was hoping to get some Megazord stuff...

Edit: But man, I keep eyeing the temple of Airjutsu...

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The Temple is a beautiful looking set.

In preparation for double VIP points and purchasing the Detective Office I've bought a bunch of heads to replace all the generic ones in the set. I picked up the flower stand still sealed in package from Brick Link.

I also Brick Linked Lance's hair for my Nexo Knights. Saves me ordering the poly bag from Poland. He's currently on my shelf hitting on the Queen. Even in futuristic medieval settings you don't leave guys named Lance with the Queen.

Ken O on
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh man, the mini Fortrex requires a lego purchase at the store? Hrrmmmm.. I was hoping to get some Megazord stuff...

Edit: But man, I keep eyeing the temple of Airjutsu...

I grabbed it this weekend. The lego store had a display up. I don't care much for ninjago but the temple just looked amazing from every angle. I'll build it sometime this weekend. After I paint my bedroom and assemble some furniture. It'll be a reward!

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Bit the bullet and ebayed a Velma today. Ebay was oddly cheaper than Bricklink. The fact I was missing her from the Scooby gang was killing me and she's only going to get more expensive. I need to clear out the Mystery Machine interior so I can fit Scooby and two figures back there.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and ebayed a Velma today. Ebay was oddly cheaper than Bricklink.

Because it's more likely to be a not-LEGO.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Ken O wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and ebayed a Velma today. Ebay was oddly cheaper than Bricklink.

Because it's more likely to be a not-LEGO.

If it was overseas or dirt cheap I'd agree. It was only dollar or two cheaper than I saw on Bricklink. If it's an obvious bootleg I'll file a dispute.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Yeah, the bootlegs can be told apart if you know what to look for, and Bricklink is a site where people using it are more likely to be able to recognize that stuff.

• Options
    So kind of off topic but still Lego related.

I was staying with the family down at the Disney hotels so my wife and her mom were going to run the Princess Half Marathon. While they were running I was going to take my son to the Lego store and get him one of the kid's Nexo Knight shields. Friday and Saturday he was super excited. Sunday at like 3am he wakes up with a fever. Poor little guy is sick as a dog but still wants his shield. So when my wife and her mom get back, grandma watches the boy and my wife and I run over to Disney Springs.

The Lego store there isn't allowed to sell toy swords and shields because of Disney. At the giant World of Disney store they had a whole aisle of Beauty and the Beast swords and shields. They Lego people were cool, they have us some fliers with new powers to scan into the Nexo App and I ended up bringing back a Duplo Spiderman motorcycle. I'm still really annoyed at Disney though. I sent a very calm, polite complaint about the whole situation that won't change anything but I still felt it needed to be sent. Now I'm venting here. Anyway, Duplo Spiderman is adorable.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    I bet the folks at the Lego store would help with that if you mentioned it to their customer service.

• Options
    Good idea. I just sent Lego customer service an email praising their store staff and my disappointed with Disney. The people that work at the store are saints. That place is a madhouse.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    Man, I am really peeved at LEGO. I went to order the Marvel Ant-Man set, only to find that it's been discontinued! Pulled from all stores & retired!

WTH? They have plenty of older sets that are on shelves still, quite a few of them Marvel. Why remove this one?

Now, I have to pay at least 1.5x or even 2x the retail price off Amazon!

Boooooooo.

• Options
    Tach wrote: »
    Man, I am really peeved at LEGO. I went to order the Marvel Ant-Man set, only to find that it's been discontinued! Pulled from all stores & retired!

WTH? They have plenty of older sets that are on shelves still, quite a few of them Marvel. Why remove this one?

Boooooooo.

They don't keep Marvel movie sets in circulation long, because they have to make room for the next film.

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Tach wrote: »

Boooooooo.

They don't keep Marvel movie sets in circulation long, because they have to make room for the next film.

The Age of Ultron sets are being discontinued too. It's a lot harder to predict the Star Wars sets to be discontinued as it goes more off popularity these days rather than age.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I can never understand why they don't put out an 'ending soon' kind of thing rather than just poof, gone. I suppose at a stretch I could see them thinking it might pull sales numbers away from new product but I dont really think that would happen, or at least happen enough for it to be significant.

• Options
    Have you checked Targets or Toys R Us? I've seen copies on the shelves as of this weekend,

• Options
    Once everyone sees the Civil War Airport set that Antman is going to become crazy popular. It's a shame it was available for such a short time.

I got my eBay Velma and Hondo last night. I'm pretty confident they are legit. Velma goes in my Mystery Machine, but I have to decide if I put Hondo in my Jabba's Palace or have him lurking in the background of my Rebels display.

I also picked up the Nexo Knight activity book that came with Aaron's Squirebot. I can't resist those goofy little robots, I need more.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Have you checked Targets or Toys R Us? I've seen copies on the shelves as of this weekend,

Checked 3 local Targets (1 that said it was "in stock") and a Toys R Us. Nada.

Of course, I live in LA, so they probably got scooped up.

Although- if somebody wanted to help a guy out, I'd appreciate it!

Tach on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    In a fit if depression, and having some credit on Amazon, I did a thing.

*whoops- image was huge*

Picked up the Ultron Hulkbuster, Doctor Who TARDIS, & Dimension Who sets.

Tach on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Any word on whether there will be more Lego Dimensions stuff after all the announced waves come out?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Any word on whether there will be more Lego Dimensions stuff after all the announced waves come out?

On one hand, I'm kicking myself for not picking up the Portal lego.

On the other.. $30+? hell no.

This discussion has been closed.