Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    I cannot wait to see what the sys-star is actually about. The original movie implied that the sister was younger and played with Duplo, but by the looks of this one, she's older - perhaps even older than the boy in the first one.

And as someone who absolutely adores Shapeshifters, I love the concepts behind Princess Watevra Wa’Nabi.

iLaXVZ7.png
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry

"Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    https://brickset.com/article/40026/2019-star-wars-sets-revealed!

This must be a portion of the sets, but there are some cool things in here. I'm mostly surprised by the Inferno Squad pack. That's cool for Battlefront II likers, but the timing could have been improved. The game's been out for quite a while.

But the Dewback/Escape Pod Microfighters set is *chef's kiss*

Turkson
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    https://brickset.com/article/40026/2019-star-wars-sets-revealed!

This must be a portion of the sets, but there are some cool things in here. I'm mostly surprised by the Inferno Squad pack. That's cool for Battlefront II likers, but the timing could have been improved. The game's been out for quite a while.

But the Dewback/Escape Pod Microfighters set is *chef's kiss*

I will probably get the Inferno Squad pack because it's a great way to get a lot of stormtrooper minifigs, similar to the set a year or two ago which had 4 regular stormtroopers in a mini-troop transporter.

steam_sig.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Oh man. Yeah I'm in on the Inferno Squadron, Microfighters and the Death Star Trench Run to see if it is fun to play with (for my Niece and Nephew when they visit).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    I really like that they are doing a simpler, cheaper X-wing.

iLaXVZ7.png

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Still no TIE/rb? Time to go complain on Twitter.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Aww, rumour was we were getting a Praetorian Guard battle pack. Inferno Squad looks cool too - that the Battlefront 2 protags?

Oh brilliant
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Yeah, Inferno is the Battlefront II people.

Looks like they had to pull the images just to be safe, legally.

• tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular

Lego meets WWI. Pretty cool.

Pailryder
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I need them to make that Bruno train build an actual set

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    Not that excited for the Star Wars sets include 2 that I already have, just rereleased?

• mtsmts Registered User regular
    The dewback though

camo_sig.png
    RenzoI ZimbraDoctor DetroitDoodmannJusticeforPlutopezgenKen Oboogedyboo
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Probably will be getting the Praetorian set and the Inferno Squad set. I'm cutting back on Lego, but Star Wars mini-figs still have my heart wallet.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    That link above loaded a blank page for me for some reason but this one seems to work, just in case anyone else was interested in the 2019 star wars stuff
    https://brickset.com/article/40077/2019-star-wars-official-images!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    That link above loaded a blank page for me for some reason but this one seems to work, just in case anyone else was interested in the 2019 star wars stuff
    https://brickset.com/article/40077/2019-star-wars-official-images!

Interesting, are the wings on that TIE a single piece instead of being constructed? Or is it just the angle making it hard to see a seam between the different components?
    It's for their Junior line, so I can't imagine they'd have multiple plates held together with just those cross plates. Would be really fragile.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Yeah I zoomed in on the image and looks like one piece. Like you said makes sense since it is their Juniors line.

I was wondering if they were going to make two single Microfighters to go with the 2 pack. Sort of sad they are going this route since I liked collecting all four when they came out. But guess it doesn't matter since I'll still have 4 in the end.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • BogartBogart Because I hate you Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hmmmm. The Brick Bank modular building is on the 'retiring soon' list at the Lego store and they're currently out of stock. Everywhere else online seems to be out of stock as well, unless you want to pay £50 over the odds.

This was going to be a Christmas present to myself, so I'm annoyed. Time to check the shelves of the local toy store, I guess. Maybe check the London Lego store as well when I'm down there next week.

Dark Raven XDoodmann
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    How is it retiring soon, didn't it only come out a few years ago and older buildings in the modular set are still available?

wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    It was 2016's building. They haven't always retired buildings in the order they were released, as the big gap on my shelf where the town hall should be will attest.

I mean, they say 'retiring soon', but it's out of stock on the Lego website so I'm taking it as 'retired now'.

• timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    I still need to get Assembly Square.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

Matev
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I ordered the Brick Bank Monday morning because I heard it was retiring soon. Hopefully they don't cancel my order.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Registered User regular
    Dang, I almost bought Brick Bank a couple months ago when Walmart had it for $50 off.

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    This was going to be a Christmas present to myself, so I'm annoyed. Time to check the shelves of the local toy store, I guess. Maybe check the London Lego store as well when I'm down there next week.

Theoretically, if you want to go somewhere fancy while you're in London, Harrods might have it for only a tenner markup:

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/lego/creator-brick-bank-p000000000005220856?bcid=1468245157100

Bogart
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 29
    Ken O wrote: »
    I ordered the Brick Bank Monday morning because I heard it was retiring soon. Hopefully they don't cancel my order.

I had something similar happen when I bought the haunted house. I ordered it right after it was listed as “retiring soon” and after I placed my order they went out of stock online.

Thankfully I still got it. Good luck to everyone trying to get the bank. I have that one too and it’s a really nice set.

Marathon on
    Dumb Hero wrote: »
    "Okay, you take 2d4 damage from the ogre's dick impaling your 2inch anus"
    Satan! Look here!
    The problem with a retiring soon flag is that it signals to scalpers that the time is right to snatch them up, accelerating the process.

iLaXVZ7.png

DoodmannMarathonBrainleechChiselphane
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I actually don't know of a store around me that would have modular set. Target usually doesn't get the big stuff like that.

Speaking of expensive stuff, come on Target, clearance the Destiny's Bounty already! I need something to pull up to my docks.

iLaXVZ7.png

Was just about to order the one from Harrods and yup it’s now sold out. Bugger.

• timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    My dad has a mint boxed Fire station in his closet. It was going to be a present for my brother years ago but things changed. I told my dad to hold onto it in case it gets crazy.

Betsuni
    Huzzah! Found a store relatively nearby with one. Picking it up on Saturday.

Knight_timspork's ghostMarathondjmitchellaBetsuniKen OForarAthenorWiseManTobesDoctor DetroitMatev
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    GET YOUR ADVENT CALENDARS OUT!

VrjzDTs.jpg

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    djmitchellaKen OForarMatevBetsuniGONG-00Pailryder
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I'mma gonna be ticked if the cat's name in the movie is "Goose" and not "Chewie."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Oh damn, another Quinjet.

Bought'ed.

iLaXVZ7.png

Dark Raven X
    edited December 2
    Fuck. I guess it’ll go well with my other four Quinjet

I appreciate the tactical cat deployment ramp on the back.

timspork's ghost on

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I'mma gonna be ticked if the cat's name in the movie is "Goose" and not "Chewie."

It is, which is weird to me. You'd expect a Top Gun reference more from a Navy pilot, especially in the 90s, but she still has to be Air Force for the "Captain" thing to work (the Navy still has Captains but it's a much higher rank).

The view in the tweet doesn't look too exciting, to be honest, but if you click through you can see some other angles which make it look much more attractive.

DoodmannBetsuniChiselphaneMagelldavidsdurionsDark Raven XMatev
    Oh man. I feel bad for that apartment dweller.. and the poor pets that have to deal with the fumes!

That said.. that is such a cool piece! I am kinda sad, kinda glad I don't have room to get into modulars.

iLaXVZ7.png

Doodmann
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Dr. Jones Animal Care - No Snakes

I'm dying. Please tell me there's a whip in that office.

We missed a few places...
    BogartBetsuniKruiteDoctor DetroitDoodmannMatev