Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

1757677787981»

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Love the credits song I was dying. What a great movie. All the articles are saying it tanked on opening weekend :(

I wonder if that took the early showings into account? The early showing that I hit was pretty packed, but that could have hurt the official opening weekend.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Love the credits song I was dying. What a great movie. All the articles are saying it tanked on opening weekend :(

I wonder if that took the early showings into account? The early showing that I hit was pretty packed, but that could have hurt the official opening weekend.

They are blaming it on the weather. I know that kept me from going out. I'm hoping it will have legs, but this is apparently a very packed Feb for movie releases?

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

They are blaming it on the weather. I know that kept me from going out. I'm hoping it will have legs, but this is apparently a very packed Feb for movie releases?

There’s a chance for this to have some legs, the biggest opening this weekend is Alita; which looks interesting but probably won’t do that great domestically.

But then next week it’s How to Train Your Dragon, and then 2 weeks after that it’s Captain Marvel. So there are some heavy hitters coming.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    they get one more weekend before httyd3 at least, hopefully it goes ok. i'd hate for these to fail because the humor in them is like perfectly designed for me.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Doodmanntimspork's ghostDark Raven X
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I was pretty disappointed in the film. Like it was fine but it fell really flat with me. I thought it was significantly weaker than the first one and Batman in pretty much every way.

It’s hard to put my finger on exactly why but I dunno, I left the theatre feeling kinda bummed out.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    man, the flinstones just... don't do anything for me

I think the cartoon was too long ago for me to really be nostalgic about it

weirdly I might have been more into a Jetsons set?

MarathonKnight_
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    man, the flinstones just... don't do anything for me

I think the cartoon was too long ago for me to really be nostalgic about it

weirdly I might have been more into a Jetsons set?

That was sort of my first thought too, it’s got to be at least two decades since it was on TV, even just as reruns.

Lind
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I wonder if a collective-nostalgia type set would be a better idea. Like pack in some iconic things from each series into one box.

Marathon
    Speaking of nostalgia, I finally built Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!!!

I love it, but I kinda wish it would have used more classic pieces.

timspork's ghostBetsunischussDark Raven X
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    New York Toy fair is this weekend so expect new set news. There are already a couple pictures of new Lego Movie 2 sets but I won't post them due to movie spoilers.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

New York Toy fair is this weekend so expect new set news. There are already a couple pictures of new Lego Movie 2 sets but I won't post them due to movie spoilers.

I kinda regret clicking the link I saw about that.

He/Him
    Betsuni
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I went looking for those photos, and man

all three of those sets looks amazing, but one of them looks especially 😙👌

Delduwath wrote: »

It's the couch, right?

Ken O
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Are they going to slowly make a massive hogwarts?

• timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular

It's the couch, right?

Movie spoiler
    The moment that appeared I was like, "That had better be a set."

Ken O
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

It's the couch, right?
    Absolutely.

Doodmann wrote: »
    Are they going to slowly make a massive hogwarts?

Did they reveal the new HP sets yet?

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Speaking of nostalgia, I finally built Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!!!

I love it, but I kinda wish it would have used more classic pieces.

I just did this too! I got the set a few years back as a Christmas present, but didn't build it because we didn't have room.

Well we have a house now, so we have room...

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Doctor Detroit
    edited February 14

Yes.
    Yes.

timspork's ghost on

DoodmannTomantaBetsunidavidsdurionsplufimbrynhrtmnDark Raven XWiseManTobesMatev
    I’m gonna just leave this here. Jurassic-sized spoilers ahead.

MarathonGONG-00Dark Raven XBetsuniKen OMagell
    I am 100% buying that cool set. Look at the squad of tiny dinos on the boat! Dino Squad!

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    There is no way that my son won't end up with that set. Wow.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • southwicksouthwick Registered User regular

Yes.
    Yes.

still not as cool as the Monster Hunter line.

Tomanta
    southwick wrote: »

Yes.
    Yes.

still not as cool as the Monster Hunter line.

Look, I'll take what I can get.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Augh, I fondled every minifigure bag in the store but couldn't find Scarecrow. I've got the whole gang except for him.

Confirmation and some photos of the new TIE fighter sets from Star Wars: Resistance
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/02/16/lego-star-wars-sets-from-resistance-and-more-in-person-at-the-2019-new-york-toy-fair-news/#more-172429

That red interceptor is pretty cool looking.

Betsuni
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    $70 for sub-500 pieces on the red interceptor. I love me some ties, but yikes.

If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
    Heffling wrote: »
    $70 for sub-500 pieces on the red interceptor. I love me some ties, but yikes.

Yeah, that's a swift kick to the tender bits, but I'm sure if I can manage to hold off for a month or two, it'll be on sale on Amazon.

Spoiler: I don't believe I'll be able to hold off.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    Man, compared to the other star Wars sets I have, they seem really unpolished. Lots of sharp edges and such.

• BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Ooooh. I love the red TIE!! That price though... But red... TIE... Must be strong.

The new TIE Interceptor looks a lot like a modified TIE Striker. Even has the top piece or a similar one.

Love the Action ones even more. Talk about fun sets.

Man my LEGO collection is going to grow bigger.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    I've noticed too , even in some city sets, any larger plates seem to rack up the price nowadays. (Tho for City it's at least full boat shells and such )

Edit: those action sets are neat and the kid inside me loves them. Adult me knows how fast pieces of it will get lost tho.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    edited February 17
    The Lego Movie 2 was really really good, y'all. Very good message, if a bit rushed at the end.

Having just watched the original again yesterday, I think there was more foreshadowing for Rex than I thought. Namely, I -think- Rex's hair matches Emmet's when he first wakes up and before he combs it in the first movie. Obviously the big tell is that he has pupil-less eyes, but still. Interesting twist on the Futurama plot!

Maya Rudolph, expressing the frustration of parents everywhere.

I did have one nagging part, though - when Rex starts fading, he loses a leg - and you can't see the peg going into his waist part! I wonder if they did that intentionally, to avoid creeping out anyone. Kind of a shame Emmet was never found, though.

Athenor on
    He/Him