As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I saw that and that wired family space ship that looks like it was built during the bad lego period of early 2000's.

Waiting for the new X-Wing and A-Wing/TIE Advanced sets.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I saw that and that wired family space ship that looks like it was built during the bad lego period of early 2000's.

My store has them, plus the Turbo Tank!

Must resist, I still haven't built my Xwing, TiE, or Resistance Transport.

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    I like that family spaceship. We're talkin about the Star Wars one with the repaired Battle Droid, right? I was tempted to pick it up.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

By new X-wing do you mean Poe's? Or is there another one out now?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

There's a set with the new X-wing in blue and grey instead of Poe's black and orange.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    see317 wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »

There's a set with the new X-wing in blue and grey instead of Poe's black and orange.

You've got it the other way around. The new set will have Poe's black and orange, as opposed to the currently-available blue and grey.

EDIT: Wait I'm confusing this thread with the X-Wing Miniatures thread. Disregard.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The new set (the blue and gray one) is the same price as the original, but about 33 more pieces. They redid the back to have a removable maintenance compartment of some kind, and replaced the vehicle with a moisture farming tower or some such with a bit of an action figure.

For all intents and purposes they are the exact same build. And the only thing stopping me from buying both is the lack of shelf space I'm currently experiencing.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I just want to know where the hell are the Slave I and Vader's TIE microfighters?

• Options
    Really tempted to head over to the lego store for the TIE advanced/A-wing set.
    But trying to save money for PAX south.

Now I just have to ignore the voice in my head screaming that I have more than 7 months before that happens, so I should buy Lego now.
    And keep ignoring it. For the next 7 months.

DarkPrimus, the newest X-wing set, (street date June 1 per the Lego catalogue), is the T-70 X-wing (from The Force Awakens) in blue and grey. The T-70 in orange and black came out about the time the movie did.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I'm working on a project so I picked up the Camero Speed Champions. It's a fun set. I'll post pictures of my modified car when I'm done Atomic Highway-ing it up.

I also grabbed the Mixel Lewt, because I couldn't pass up a treasure chest crab hybrid.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I bought my niece two more Disney minifigs today. She got Captain Hook and Buzz Lightyear.

It took all my willpower not to steal the Buzz Lightyear.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    new Star Wars/marvel/dc sets are showing up in the UK,

The star wars sets are really overpriced. £80 for each of the new x-wing and the A-wing/tie fighter sets.
    no thanks!

Im pretty much just bricklinking figures I want now,

• Options
    And my car project requires some additional Bricklinking.
    My wife is going crazy waiting for the Beauty and the Beast set and the Friends Party Store. Hopefully they come out soon.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »

The star wars sets are really overpriced. £80 for each of the new x-wing and the A-wing/tie fighter sets.
    no thanks!

That seems outrageous, considering that the X-wing is $80, and the A-wing/TIE Advanced is... $90....

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

no thanks!

That seems outrageous, considering that the X-wing is $80, and the A-wing/TIE Advanced is... $90....

its even more outrageous when Poe's identical apart from the colour x-wing is still on sale for £10 less than the new one

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

no thanks!

its even more outrageous when Poe's identical apart from the colour x-wing is still on sale for £10 less than the new one

Just seen it when I popped into the Lego store here, Same set practically with an additional 10 quid mark up on a set that already was overpriced by 10 - 15 quid. Poe's X-Wing should have been a 50-60 priced set not 69.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Fun fact. City Airport Air Show is $90 and 72 pieces less than the A-Wing. Must be the two extra minifigs.

I could not find any new sets today. New Lego catalog arrived in the mail taunting me. I was looking at the "Fun in the Park - City People Pack" which has the cute new baby minifigure and noticed there is a new mold for a hotdog bun!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I could not find any new sets today. New Lego catalog arrived in the mail taunting me. I was looking at the "Fun in the Park - City People Pack" which has the cute new baby minifigure and noticed there is a new mold for a hotdog bun!

Did you try Toys R Us? That's where I found some of the new stuff.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    If I'm recalling correctly, they're not officially available until tomorrow.
    Timspork must live in one of those accursed places where they actually hold to street dates.

• Options
    Ken O wrote: »

Did you try Toys R Us? That's where I found some of the new stuff.

Yup Toys R Us had nothing. And I just got a 20% off coupon for there as well!

• Options
    It should be noted that plates drive up the cost (in the case of the airshow), and they are really getting intricate with the Minifig painting anymore.. Not that it justifies it, but still.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Ahhhh... The Architecture Studio is on sale.

I don't know why I've always kept my eye on it. It's not like I'd ever do anything interesting with it if I had it. Maybe it's just the solid white and clear aesthetic.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    The online lego store doesn't seem to be updated for some of the new sets that come out today...I think I'll have to take a trip to the store to see if they've got the new Porche. :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Grabbed the last new X-Wing at walmart this morning. It's exactly the same as Poe's Black and Orange one. Which is fine with me!

Now I just need Lego to make a new TIE Interceptor model. Preferable in red.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Well not exactly the same. It has that little engine part that slides out the back.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The new catalog arrived yesterday. Why do I do this to myself?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Bursar wrote: »
    The new catalog arrived yesterday. Why do I do this to myself?

Latent masochistic tendencies?

• Options
    Well. I bought the A-Wing/TIE Advanced set. The A-Wing might have the most integrated spring shooter firing mechanism ever. The entire centeral part of the ship slides back to fire them one after the other yet is still rock steady the rest of the time.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Anyone happen to know how long the Quinjet from the Airport Battle set is? Thinking about getting the set for my window at work but if it's longer than 7" it won't fit.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    CalciumtriceCalciumtrice Registered User regular
    Anyone happen to know how long the Quinjet from the Airport Battle set is? Thinking about getting the set for my window at work but if it's longer than 7" it won't fit.

It's pretty stubby. Even without the little wing flaps extended out, I think it might be wider than it is long? Think you'd probably fit it on your window-ledge alright. I could measure it when I get home if you want a number to be sure (assuming I remember this evening)?

Set's nice, by the way, if it does end up fitting ok you should totally go for it. Best bit might be the (Gi)Ant Man figure but it's all pretty cute.

• Options
    It is about half as long as the other quinjets. It is very short.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Alright, I'm probably just gonna pull the trigger then. I want to get the fountain set for my modulars (where it will go I'm not sure). It sounds like it'll fit or hang off the edge a bit, which isn't the end of the world. It's only gonna be there until Big Ben comes out anyhow 8-)

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    That fountain is really nice. I'm bummed that the Friends and Disney summer wave isn't on the US Lego site yet because the two sets my wife wants would easily score a fountain. I'll probably end up Bricklinking it at another time. I blew my Lego budget last month on my car project and the Pet Shop (which is safely stored in my closet until my birthday in August) so I can't justify picking up things just to score the fountain.

Also, here's by theory on it. It has the classic face, so in my mind it exists in the same world as the modulars. The minifig has a press badge and a cookie. Obviously she's a reporter on the trail of all the illegal cookies being made over the detective's office. I may have put too much through into it.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    CalciumtriceCalciumtrice Registered User regular
    Measured the quinjet and it's about 7 inches long so you should be set.

Speaking of the fountain, there should now be one in my house but it's inside an unopened package from Lego and belongs to my fiancée. So near yet so far!

• Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Might be a little late, but since I like numbers: Specifically, overall length of the quinjet is just over eight inches. Wheel base is 4 1/2 and extends 1 1/2 behind that. Width will be 10-12 depending how you position the wings.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Procrastinated on putting the image gallery of the construction together, will probably end up putting in some better final images in a bit, but for anyone curious about the Technic Porsche it is a hell of a fun set to put together.

edit: gallery link helps: http://imgur.com/a/r2pSS

Daimar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    Procrastinated on putting the image gallery of the construction together, will probably end up putting in some better final images in a bit, but for anyone curious about the Technic Porche it is a hell of a fun set to put together.

Heh, that instruction manual is probably thicker than the owner's manual for an actual porsche.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »
    Procrastinated on putting the image gallery of the construction together, will probably end up putting in some better final images in a bit, but for anyone curious about the Technic Porche it is a hell of a fun set to put together.

Heh, that instruction manual is probably thicker than the owner's manual for an actual porsche.

Considering that the owners manual is probably on an iPad...

This discussion has been closed.