As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fashion] Turn to the left! [Fashion] Turn to the right!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    I used a bunch of clothing to pack up my stuff when I moved across the country at the start of last year. It's still sitting in the boxes that they were packed around stuff in.

That probably qualifies for 'I'm not going to miss this stuff, get rid of it'. One day, when I have shelves and cupboards, everything else will come out of boxes and be judged.

Old clothes make good grease rags, if they're cotton.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    I used a bunch of clothing to pack up my stuff when I moved across the country at the start of last year. It's still sitting in the boxes that they were packed around stuff in.

That probably qualifies for 'I'm not going to miss this stuff, get rid of it'. One day, when I have shelves and cupboards, everything else will come out of boxes and be judged.

Old clothes make good grease rags, if they're cotton.

Oh my yes, and old rock show tour crew t-shirts are good for polishing. I'm still running through my current crop of rags, before anything gets donated it gets assessed for rag-ability first.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I walked the walk!
    all the hangers are all my clothes that are either packed for summer or donating.
    f6bf5f6d-4d72-42d5-8339-e8c8a9a9bbf9_zpscfxgaw1z.jpg

A huge pile of clothes for donating
    87f1de3d-ea5a-4c3e-9f4e-2527e6894865_zpsoo6ws9pa.jpg

and two vacuum bags of summer clothes.
    31ae6622-0f05-48cd-aaa5-de1f547b4108_zpsujf7knqj.jpg

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    A big part of why I've not sorted any clothes out is that there's no wardrobe in my room - all the hanging stuff is in the built-in in the spare room, and every thing else is in full on floordrobe mode in the master bedroom. I know I could just buy a cheapo flat-pack but I want to make one.. but I need to get around to it. So.. yea.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Oooo vacuum bags HMMM SWEATER STORAGE

I mean all my t shirts fit in one drawer but that feels like a lot

I have very little space, this new apartment is minimal on closet space
    I'm paying for a storage locker too and I hope I can stop that soon
    No idea where else to keep my snowboard for now tho

poo
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Horizontally mount it on a wall?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Keep it under the couch and use it as a tray when eating in front of the TV?

• Options
    Yeah I had it on the wall at my last apartment

Well, one of them, I have a few, plus gear

After I actually get a bed I'll try putting them under the bed

poo
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I'm going to do a purge soon of underwear/socks (to find out what is old or has holes) and of my t-shirts.

I wear more shirts (casual and smart) so I only really need t-shirts as under shirts. Just going to hit up H&M, Gap or Primark and buy all the under shirts.

I should probably do a shoe purge soon as well.

I think I have 8 or 9 pairs. That is too much

• Options
    Spring cleaning partayyyy

poo
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I'm going to do a purge soon of underwear/socks (to find out what is old or has holes) and of my t-shirts.

I wear more shirts (casual and smart) so I only really need t-shirts as under shirts. Just going to hit up H&M, Gap or Primark and buy all the under shirts.

I should probably do a shoe purge soon as well.

I think I have 8 or 9 pairs. That is too much

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Man this town just does not give a shit about mens wear anymore

Target removed all mens shoes and has out all mens clothes back in a tiny corner

The only store left in the mall with mens clothes is american eagle, but we have 8 different women only stores

And the only shoe store with mens dress shoes only has only 5 options, and they dont carry the only genuine leather one in anything above size 8

I just wanted to look good for my interview :(

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    i am not happy with this haircut

and from a person i have gone to for many years

why u fuck up tho!

poo
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

Target removed all mens shoes and has out all mens clothes back in a tiny corner

The only store left in the mall with mens clothes is american eagle, but we have 8 different women only stores

And the only shoe store with mens dress shoes only has only 5 options, and they dont carry the only genuine leather one in anything above size 8

Where do you live? Bumfuck-nowhere, USA?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Based on apparent supply-and-demand, the equivalent of that one Star Trek planet where it's almost entirely women.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

One of the largest towns in minnesota!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

sooo...yes?

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Nice!

Both to new clothes and huge raises!

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

sooo...yes?

:?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    i want a huge raise

but i also have imposed moratorium on clothes shopping until i am sufficiently purged

poo
  • Options
    edited May 2016

sooo...yes?

I'm sorry, the setup was too inviting.

honovere on
  • Options

sooo...yes?

it's ok

prince's spirit watches over you

poo
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Nice!

Thanks! The raise might not be worth staying at the job, though. I'm having immense anxiety/guilt about it.

• Options
    edited May 2016

Welp, you might just have to change your style to suit what's available.

pimento on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Nice!

Thanks! The raise might not be worth staying at the job, though. I'm having immense anxiety/guilt about it.

pah! your pay is for work done, not a promise of work to come. You earned that money and you get to use it however you want!

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Ended up getting a denim shirt today.

Gonna pair it with a white v underneath or just super unbuttoned. Like so
    llww0lkdjw4e.jpg

I almost want to get some turquoise jewelry to pair it off but uuuh where would I even wear that?

Edit: OH! Different fitting room this go round! Variety!

You wear that anywhere in New Mexico. You'll be A-OK.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular

sooo...yes?

it's ok

prince's spirit watches over you

In which case any advice rendered here is completely moot. Not a one of us can hope to understand the subject better.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    man i am really annoyed at the closet in this apartment

lol

why is the door so low when the bedroom door is so high and the windows are so high, it's moronic

it's so much wasted space, because there is lots of space that is just inaccessible

and the space between the top shelf and the way too low door frame is so narrow that.. well i had 2 shoeboxes on top of each other, and i couldnt take the top one out without taking out the bottom one

poo
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular

I live in a town of almost 100k people in Washington state. We have a tiny Gap factory store, an Old Navy, and a JC Penny's. There literally is a, say, J Crew within one hundred and fifty miles.

I'm on a business trip. Banana Republic and Nordstrom (which I can not recall ever having g been in) are on the itinerary.

I really need to figure out how to buy online but I want by to see stuff and feel it and try it on.

• Options
    a lot of online stores have pretty good / free return policies

so if you have the time and aren't in a rush, that's not a big problem

poo
  • Options
    https://bonobos.com/products/nomad-weekender-pant?color=grey

i like

but

i said im not allowed to buy clothes

poo
  • Options
    In semi-fashion-related news: I bought myself two tickets to a showing of my favorite band and also some other band, down in Portland, in October.

I shall go there and buy more of their clothes. I need more of their clothes.

• Options
    Also I will be sad to see this thread go. We had some good times, thread! But soon your trust will be placed in the hands of another. I hope they are as responsible and Bowie-minded as myself.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I have like, two big bags of clothes I need to either donate or sell on eBay

If anyone wants to swing by boston they can feel free to take whatever they can carry/wear

I wore that dress you gave me to Mysst and Jennerose's wedding on Saturday :)

it is daring

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    67cdot1053nf.jpg
    03rcpleoo1e4.jpg
    1ipy5xxwmy46.jpg
    mrug9lh7kd4t.jpg
    ytoki77p6wfx.jpg

c.jpg 148.8K
    b.jpg 243.1K
    a.jpg 214.8K
    e.jpg 129.4K
    d.jpg 201.2K
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That last one is insaaaaane. I love it.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    67cdot1053nf.jpg

Molluscan!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    67cdot1053nf.jpg

Molluscan!

I dunno how it looks in person. But the contrast in that photograph is fantastic.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    1ipy5xxwmy46.jpg

Targaryen!

This discussion has been closed.