As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE RAMS FUTURE!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited January 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is the NFL thread.

Talk about whatever you want, including stupid things like preseason, fantasy football, and the Jets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAp57G1hLn0

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Raiders are the best team in the Bay Area now.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Go Vikings.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Man if the Eagles could stick to one Rb I'd love it. I don't even care which one, just pick Matthews or Murray already!

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

And thus the ancient prophecy is complete, and the corpse of Al Davis shall rise from the grave.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    haha

buttfumble. truly the gift that keeps on giving.

as it turns out, i should finally have my first fantasy win this week.

so hooray. of course it required TY Hilton to do something beyond just put on his colts jersey and who could have expected that?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    The Butt Fumble has lost its crown to the wtfosity of the clusterpunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTaqiO_53NQ

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTaqiO_53NQ

While the Clusterpunt is a awful play, it still cannot come close to the fuckery that is the ButtFumble.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i watched the jets game surrounded by very enthusiastic jets fans

it was a rewarding win

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    brady looked awful through 2.5 quarters and went ice cold assassin mode in the 4th

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Podly wrote: »

it was a rewarding win

oh my god same here

the best was when lafell dropped a pass ("which one??") and everyone around me cheered "yeah REVIS!!!!! GOOD JOB REVIS!!!" who got beat by 10 yards

we just kept saying "YEAH REVIS!!! YEAH... oh" every time the jets dropped one

jets fans got pretty quiet in 4th quarter tho

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

it was a rewarding win

oh my god same here

the best was when lafell dropped a pass ("which one??") and everyone around me cheered "yeah REVIS!!!!! GOOD JOB REVIS!!!" who got beat by 10 yards

you're a fresh faced expat pat fan, you have to learn how to watch a game

the most glorious smack talk is to not say anything all game and then after the win say "hey man, you guys are getting better though! i think you guys are really close to making a run for it"

that is how you break a man

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

it was a rewarding win

oh my god same here

you're a fresh faced expat pat fan, you have to learn how to watch a game

the most glorious smack talk is to not say anything all game and then after the win say "hey man, you guys are getting better though! i think you guys are really close to making a run for it"

that is how you break a man

that is perfect

unfortunately since this is LA all of these people were gorgeous and i was too intimidated to do anything except yell facing the opposite direction

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    MNC Dover wrote: »

While the Clusterpunt is a awful play, it still cannot come close to the fuckery that is the ButtFumble.

The thing is, the Butt Fumble is an actual play. It starts off looking perfectly normal. You're wondering why your friend linked you this video. Why's it called the butt fumble? That doesn't make any sense. And then the play unfolds, and suddenly, REVELATION. Incredible! You literally did not think that could happen, and it did! The universe has exceeded your expectations! Who knew that there were new, unforeseen ways to fuck up?! Surely, you have borne witness to a new level of fuck up never seen before! History was made today, in the great human history of fucking things up, and you saw it happen!

The Clusterpunt, you can see it coming. Well before its finale, you see the raw imprints of foolish human hands, their clumsiness moulding the exact fuckuppery you will soon see before your eyes. Grown men are being paid millions of dollars to display the abomination that is before your eyes, and you know from the start, as sure as any belief you've ever held in humanity, that these men are not yet done fucking this up, and the fuckuppery has not reached the climax that is preordained. And then it does, and you are not exhilarated; no, you are relieved, because human beings have fucked up in exactly the way human beings fuck up.

hippofant on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Clusterpunt just gets stopped though. It's anticlimactic. ButtFumble was run back for a touchdown.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Now had the Jets run the Clusterpunt...

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    it was great that griff whalen fumbled today

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    also i started diggs over jstew and have already won my game with sss and cj2k to go without starting a defense i'm a god damn genius

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    also i started diggs over jstew and have already won my game with sss and cj2k to go without starting a defense i'm a god damn genius

SHUT UP NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    kisses

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Also, to my past self:
    hippofant wrote: »
    I want to go tell Ziggy Ansah that his teammates probably know which way the end zone is, and maybe he should just block instead.

Nick Fairley ran the wrong way for a bit today after recovering a fumble, so apologies to Ziggy Ansah.

hippofant on
  • Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

As a Bronco fan, this is great. I've gone... what? a decade? without being able to hate the Raiders. You can't hate that which you pity. That I can no longer pity the Raiders, and go back to hating them is great.

And yes, the Raiders aren't just the best team in the Bay Area, they're an actually decent team now. I really like Carr, and Cooper was a great pickup. All hail the newly-risen Raiders, may they challenge teams everywhere, and play good football, except when facing the Broncos! And most importantly, may they beat the Chiefs and Chargers more often than not (but not too often).

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Right now, I think that the scariest thing in the AFC from a Patriots' perspective is Todd Bowles. I think he may be legit. He sounds a little too much like Belichick in post game interviews for my comfort.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    ButtFumble is civilization

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Right now, I think that the scariest thing in the AFC from a Patriots' perspective is Todd Bowles. I think he may be legit. He sounds a little too much like Belichick in post game interviews for my comfort.

If the Jets were not in such a bad situation at QB they would be a heavy favorite for a post season run. Their defense is legit good enough to win the division (only have to split vs the Patriots) but holy hell is Fitzpatrick not the answer.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    TEXANS WATCH!!!!!!!!!

.......nothing has happened. Everyone still has a job.

And add to it, Mallett didn't get on the chartered flight to Miami on Friday "because of traffic." That's twice this season he's been a little bitch when he's not top dawg Joe QB, and will not get cut either.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    brady looked awful through 2.5 quarters and went ice cold assassin mode in the 4th

They really shouldn't have gone for the "You can't run from your problems: Win with no RB" achievement

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Yep its early but I think he's pretty clearly the best coach other than BB in the division in quite a while. The contrast with Ryan makes the media obsession with Rexy even sadder

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Yep its early but I think he's pretty clearly the best coach other than BB in the division in quite a while. The contrast with Ryan makes the media obsession with Rexy even sadder

Say what you will about Ryan, the dude knew how to move merchandise.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    TexiKen wrote: »
    TEXANS WATCH!!!!!!!!!

And add to it, Mallett didn't get on the chartered flight to Miami on Friday "because of traffic." That's twice this season he's been a little bitch when he's not top dawg Joe QB, and will not get cut either.
    Almost every NFL game that I watch makes me wish my team didn't suck so god damn bad

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

I enjoy pointing out to my friend every single time that a Rex Ryan coached team loses because he just loves Rex Ryan. He's a Jets fan (which is already sad enough), but man he just thinks Rex Ryan is super dreamy.

And I'm like "seems like a pretty good DC, but kind of a shitty coach. looks like he can't put an offense together"

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

I enjoy pointing out to my friend every single time that a Rex Ryan coached team loses because he just loves Rex Ryan. He's a Jets fan (which is already sad enough), but man he just thinks Rex Ryan is super dreamy.

And I'm like "seems like a pretty good DC, but kind of a shitty coach. looks like he can't put an offense together"

In my dreams he becomes DC for Seattle after another year of not being a good Head Coach.

Then we actually draft/trade/acquire decent Offensive line personnel so that Russel isn't eating a sack every fucking three minutes.

Aw, the Seahawks of my dreams.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    So fantasy news, in my pay league I'm 2-4 but it looks like I'm going to beat 1st place (while missing a RB due to website fuckery!) and thus throw the whole league into disarray.

PA Expendables it looks like RG3rd String decided that he didn't need to bother anymore so an easy win should move me into 5th thanks to a Hot Frittata win.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    TEXANS WATCH!!!!!!!!!

Almost every NFL game that I watch makes me wish my team didn't suck so god damn bad

I've actually gotten to the point where i just look at the score from the game on sunday, read a bit of what happens and sigh "yea, well, that figures".
    I dont even get upset any more.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    This is technically an NHL vine, but as a Seahawks fan, I've gone from "that was a garbage call!" To "weeeeeeeeell..." so many times I appreciated it.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Now I want to see the replay because that was very funny.

• Options

Honestly its been like 4 years since he had a defense that wasn't below average in points per game allowed. I'm not even convinced he's a good defensive coordinator

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    admanb wrote: »

Replay is at :39. Burmistrov is going to be the player in the far corner of the rink, cycling the puck around the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRTtq5sgugA

hippofant on
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    TEXANS WATCH!!!!!!!!!

I've actually gotten to the point where i just look at the score from the game on sunday, read a bit of what happens and sigh "yea, well, that figures".
    I dont even get upset any more.
    I still try to watch the games. Thanks to DirecTV, I can just get the Sunday Ticket and no longer have to commute into town to some uppity sports bar and pay for over-priced beer/food just to watch my team get bent over like fresh fish in prison, all while squinting from the other side of the room at some old school tube TV with static. Now I can watch the same from my own couch in HD on my console and do laundry at the same time! It's gone from a lose-lose to a lose-win scenario.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

Replay is at :39. Burmistrov is going to be the player in the far corner of the rink, cycling the puck around the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRTtq5sgugA

Even funnier. Thanks.