As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new [minecraft] thread? A new [minecraft] game? A new [minecraft] OP? What?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    i spent 5 minutes in AoE and looked at the recipes and noped the hell out.

Now i find myself wanting to play Regrowth, which is 1.7 ffs, i installed minecraft to play with the new hotness of 1.12

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Playing some All The Mods, and there's a neat Immersive Engineering addon called Immersive Wires that has some cool redstone control mechanisms and a new multiblock for arcing electricity and will always without exception crash your game when looking at it in the IE book

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    i spent 5 minutes in AoE and looked at the recipes and noped the hell out.

Now i find myself wanting to play Regrowth, which is 1.7 ffs, i installed minecraft to play with the new hotness of 1.12

You should give AoE a shot, just follow the in-game guide. The recipes are not as ridiculous as they first seem.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I got a drop of evil.

Which means Cursed Earth.

Which means MOOOOOOOOB FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM.

Set up a 7x7 area of dirt, covered it with vector plates, feeding into a Mob Masher with 10 Sharpness and 10 Looting upgrades, then plopped the drop of evil, replaced the last vector plate and GTFO.

within 5 minutes i had 20 ender pearls, and almost 600 bones, Which i make into stock, which i make into carrot soup which is an incredible and easy to make food for satiation. Have all the items being pumped out into a storage controller that feeds like 50 storage drawers.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    I think there is something wrong with my base. Endermen are attracted to it to a degree that is uncanny.
    2u4imwu.png
    cOH5D80.png
    Xo65mR9.png
    aPASpDQ.png

That last image? That room was a clean square yesterday.

• Options
    replace the dirt with smooth stone and they'll stop making a mess

• Options
    I know, but that takes work. Some of that dirt is visible on the outside too and I don't want to ruin the aesthetic of the exterior, you know?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    I know, but that takes work. Some of that dirt is visible on the outside too and I don't want to ruin the aesthetic of the exterior, you know?

The Endermen are doing a good enough job of that. :P

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    its not difficult to make a dirty base look nice and intentional.

Or look like a brutal would in the very earth you abuse painfully for a chaotic arrangement of industry

(The second has an appeal of its own)

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

So terraform the outer layer so it's still covered in dirt.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    I think there is something wrong with my base. Endermen are attracted to it to a degree that is uncanny.
    2u4imwu.png
    cOH5D80.png
    Xo65mR9.png
    aPASpDQ.png

That last image? That room was a clean square yesterday.

Are you sure the Endermen are not just tending to those Enderlillies in the first picture? And all they want in payment is a few dirt blocks!!

• Options
    Anybody know what to do with excess Uranium 238? I get way more than I use making enriched fuel.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Anybody know what to do with excess Uranium 238? I get way more than I use making enriched fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6WD7B_I_9c

@LD50
    obviously, after processing.. Everyone knows u238 isnt boomy, but it can be transmuted into p239 which, as everyone knows, is the good boomy stuff..after purification

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    How do you transmute 238 to plutonium? Do you mean via depleted fuel rods? Because my problem is that in the process of making fuel rods I end up with more 238, and then processing the depleted rods gives me plutonium and more 238. Or is there some sort of IC2 recipe that doesn't look up in NEI that I can use to make plutonium from 238?

• Options
    How do you transmute 238 to plutonium? Do you mean via depleted fuel rods? Because my problem is that in the process of making fuel rods I end up with more 238, and then processing the depleted rods gives me plutonium and more 238. Or is there some sort of IC2 recipe that doesn't look up in NEI that I can use to make plutonium from 238?

Was talking about real life, lol.

• Options

This is how you end up on watchlists people!!

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I don't know if there's a watchlist Buttcleft isn't already on.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Crazod wrote: »

Please, any high school science student probably knows how to refine fuel and build a bomb.

edit
    Honestly, an atomic bomb isnt even the most destructive use of the radioactive fuel.You could just powder it and pour it around a block of plastic explosive and create a radiation bomb thats far easier to make, and far more dangerous..because you'll survive the initial blast, only to die agonizingly from radiation poisoning.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Crazod wrote: »

Please, any high school science student probably knows how to refine fuel and build a bomb.

edit
    Honestly, an atomic bomb isnt even the most destructive use of the radioactive fuel.You could just powder it and pour it around a block of plastic explosive and create a radiation bomb thats far easier to make, and far more dangerous..because you'll survive the initial blast, only to die agonizingly from radiation poisoning.

• Options
    been struggling with power solutions in my new DW20 world, was powering my base off a hardend steam dynamo and a culinary generator, but it just wasnt keeping up.

Wanted to jump into advanced generators, maybe syngas or something.. but I just couldnt keep the resources on hand for that, so i did Industrial Foregoing bioreactors and biofuel generators.

so now i have some surplus power i was gonna use RFtools to do some quarrying in the Deep Dark..

Except I still dont have resources, so I cant automate the incoming ore processing, because i cant afford to make the machines.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I always use lava for mid tier energy production. If you have Crucibles you can just make it cheaply or if not you can pipe tons of it from underground. The advanced generators heat exchanger is pretty good power generation and it makes obsidian on the side.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    I always use lava for mid tier energy production. If you have Crucibles you can just make it cheaply or if not you can pipe tons of it from underground. The advanced generators heat exchanger is pretty good power generation and it makes obsidian on the side.

I've got stable power now that i can expand ou relatively easily to a few thousand RF/t if i wanted to, i just dont need it right now.

what i need is abou a few thousand iron.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I've been using the arboreal extractor tree oil fuel from Thermal Expansion. Got about 500 rf/tick on demand without too much trouble.

You could always run the quarry in short stints and batch process the ores until you have the automated processing up.

• Options
    I miss enderio for processing in the dw20 pack, but at the same time I think enderio dark steel ore processing is too good for what it is, so it's also kinda nice.

• Options
    I miss enderio for processing in the dw20 pack, but at the same time I think enderio dark steel ore processing is too good for what it is, so it's also kinda nice.

Ender IO was quite unbalanced in the grand scheme of things.

was too easy and gave to much for what it did, on almost every facet.

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    For DW20 I jumped from running refined fuel in a single compression dynamo (generating ~280 rf/t) to Endergenic Generators (like 16k rf/t).

I did this by using Mob Grinding Utils to make an enderman egg, then making a spawner into an enderman spawner, then using a drop of evil on it.

p great, I have like 16k ender pearls and have been just putting them into a trash can

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    I mostly just miss having a reliable way to get the enchants I want. Having to throw book after book into a table, or combine everything from level 1 up is frustrating.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Dronus86 wrote: »
    For DW20 I jumped from running refined fuel in a single compression dynamo (generating ~280 rf/t) to Endergenic Generators (like 16k rf/t).

I did this by using Mob Grinding Utils to make an enderman egg, then making a spawner into an enderman spawner, then using a drop of evil on it.

p great, I have like 16k ender pearls and have been just putting them into a trash can

i just use generic cursed earth dark room with a mob_grinding_utils grinder with 10 fortune upgrades, i got sheeeeeeeettons of pearls.

I also need to move my mob grinder to my new base, now that i think about it. crap.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    I just discovered a painful bug with regards to Industrial Foregoing Plant Gatherers.

They randomly stop outputting items, even if you have an itemduct with a active servo trying to suck items out, and the only way to fix it is to toggle the machine off and on again.

Which explains why my biofuel production got strangled.

• Options
    How much would you guys judge me if I made a creative dispensing upgraded storage drawer that hands out unbreaking 3 IC2 wrenches?

• Options
    edited January 2018
    How much would you guys judge me if I made a creative dispensing upgraded storage drawer that hands out unbreaking 3 IC2 wrenches?

I would say "Why the fuck wouldnt you, because fuck IC2s backward fuckterrible bullshit garbage mechanics" @LD50

Also, I have updates on my world.

First, Hell has literally Frozen over.
    8zamq2ged06k.jpg
    or, more likely, worldgen had a hernia, but still amusing.

Secondly, I've upped my power gen to almost 4krf/t via 24 biofuel generators.

Which has enabled me to run my Deep Dark RFTools builderquarry almost nonstop, which has let me get my autoprocessing up and running (Quarry dumps into an ender chest, ender chest in base sucks out into two pulverizers(technically 3, ones only for coal ore pulving because holy crap all the coal ore), which feeds 4 furnaces, all upgraded and augmented)

My iron shortages are a thing of the past, as at last check i had over 10k iron ingots in my refined storage. (well technically 90% of my refined storage is two huge banks of storage drawers, linked to RS via external storage on a drawer controller.)

I also built a tier 1 Envirotech void ore miner, Which was stupidly expensive. Then I went to go upgrade it and noticed it requires materials only a void ore miner produces, LOTS of the materials, and it produces them so slow I could leave my computer on for a week running minecraft non stop and probably still not get enough of them to upgrade the miner to tier 2, and you need to run the tier 2 one long enough to get all the of the new class of rare materials only available from void ore mining, in order to upgrade to tier 3. Its so far beyond rediculously stupid that i dont know if its parody or just complete and utter incompetence.

Why should I care, you ask? I need at least a tier 3 EnviromentalTech void ore miner, to gather those tier 3 resources, because tier 3 resources and above (it takes 9 of crystals to make a single block, so you need a FUCKton of them) because theya re the only blocks in DW20 pack I can find that are witherproof, and i want to make a wither farm :( (If you know if another witherproof block in DW20 please let me know, only way i can tell is if they say "Witherproof" in the description)

I relocated my mob farm to my new base, i now have a 9x9 area of cursed earth feeding an industrial foregoing mob grinder, filling a large tank with mob essence, to be pumped over to two other rooms. One is for resource collecting, if i need blaze rods, ghast tears, etc, I put the safari net in the spawner, and run it for a couple minutes. Mobs get killed by a mob_grinding_utilities mob grinder with 10x fortune, it produces a stupidly awesome amount of resources in a small amount of time.

The other spawner room is basically a 7x7 smeltery that spawns villagers, and kills them like John Carroll Lynch in Volcano, getting me that sweet sweet emerald blood that I automatically process into blocks.

I also set up a small room with cows and an automilker, and an autocrafter that crafts the milk into fresh milk, which is then jammed into a storage drawer. I have 2048 fresh milk. I mostly use this to make heavy cream so i can make carrot soups.

I also have 6 chickens in a 1x1 hole in the wall, where they are doomed to exist for all time shitting eggs out into a hopper, which jams them into a storage drawer.

even though this is only my second basement, i affectionally call it Circle 7. (after the seventh circle of hell). It will be expanded as i find further means and ways to torture and twist life into ways that benefit me.

I have a full set of Red Arsenal flux armor, with my menumenum long sword, and a Immersive Engineering railgun for when I need long range shots.

I've got several hundred cobalt and ardite, so I'm debating making a advanced generator turbine to run off my biofuel production, with menumenum turbines. would iirc its 11 menumenum for 500rf, so to replace my industrial foregoing generators would be 88 menumenum, though i'd like to push at least 10k rf, which would be 220 menumenum.

Also cleaned up almost all my wiring and equipment so its neater..except for my main work area, where its still a hectic mess.

Twilight Forest continues to be the buggiest I've ever seen it. With random slowdown/fps drops for no reason, and now its started teleporting me into walls when i go through the portal. (last time i came back home, the portal dumped me 20 blocks away, at zlevel20, under a lake, inside of of solid earth. managed to mine out before i died)

Thermal Expansions Energetic Infuser with the repair upgrade is fucking fantastic though, Requires essence of knowledge to use though. Which is fine by me, because solidified experience in a magma crucible creates it, which is fine by me, because i have 40k solidified experience.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Don't forget you can target the void miners using different colored lenses.

• Options

You cant target the rare resource crystals. not in the verson in DW20 though.

in the newer versions you can, but again, to make the crystal focus requires an INSANE number of the rare resources to make.

So you have to have your tier 1 miner running for a week+, just so you can make the fucking focus lens for the rare crystals.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    My girlfriend and I entered the Nether for the first time recently and panicked shortly afterwards. We have, however, since found a nearby Blaze spawner and are making potions now and are doing Pretty Well for ourselves.

We had to restart because we discovered that explorer maps basically don't work if you've actually explored the map first, and we'd filled out the entire map.

Farewell, sweet secret waterfall house:

l5ww1alvv4v4.jpg
    yixt1vut8v5u.jpg

We are definitely playing the same game as everyone else here.

Surfpossum on
  • Options

in the newer versions you can, but again, to make the crystal focus requires an INSANE number of the rare resources to make.

So you have to have your tier 1 miner running for a week+, just so you can make the fucking focus lens for the rare crystals.

Your version is very different than the one I'm playing in AoE. In mine I just dye them to the right color using vanilla dye.

• Options

Your version is very different than the one I'm playing in AoE. In mine I just dye them to the right color using vanilla dye.

Normally yes, but the crystal focus is different in the new version of ET for 1.12.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Lately I've had an appetite for a Tinker's Flintlock Guns mod. I want to make a musket, pistol and blunderbuss, load 'em with manyullyn Minet balls and go to town on the zambies.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    My girlfriend and I entered the Nether for the first time recently and panicked shortly afterwards. We have, however, since found a nearby Blaze spawner and are making potions now and are doing Pretty Well for ourselves.

We had to restart because we discovered that explorer maps basically don't work if you've actually explored the map first, and we'd filled out the entire map.

Farewell, sweet secret waterfall house:

l5ww1alvv4v4.jpg
    yixt1vut8v5u.jpg

We are definitely playing the same game as everyone else here.

If you liked the location you could use the same seed in your new map so you get the same general layout.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Ianator wrote: »
    Lately I've had an appetite for a Tinker's Flintlock Guns mod. I want to make a musket, pistol and blunderbuss, load 'em with manyullyn Minet balls and go to town on the zambies.

closest thing to that, iirc, is Immersive Engineerings Rail Gun.

Which fires iron/aluminum/steel rods.

edit
    Draconic INfused Obsidian from Draconic Evolution might be wither proof...even though it doesnt state itself as such.

Which is nice, cause i was planning to use a rftools shield.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Is there a skyblock for 1.12 yet, or equivilent challenge pack?

Getting kind of bored with this iteration of Direwolf20.