Options

[Wrestling] Let me take a selfie

• Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Just catching up on NXT myself and...

Gable's a good reason, in and of himself, to resuscitate the Cruiserweight Championship. Have it exist for a few months prior to the Gable callup and have it all about flippy guys flipping out, and then Gable comes in and just out-wrestles everyone.

Intercontinental/Cruiserweight is a better secondary belt set than Intercontinental/US, anyway.

It's straightforward to book, too. Have the US title won by an undersized chickenshit heel on a fluke. Then have them approach the Authority to re-categorise the title.

Only trouble is, I can't think of any good sub-200b heels who would fit. Tyler Breeze is so close....

... in fact, that might even be more perfect. Tyler Breeze wins the US title, and turns it into the Cruiserweight title, defining Cruiserweight as 206lbs or less. That makes him the definition of the cusp of physical perfection, gives him an opportunity to obsess about his weight to the tiniest degree, and of course it invalidates the previous holder's claim on the title as they're not eligible for it.

Seol on
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    WWE 2k16 is a realistic wrestling game.

http://gfycat.com/LikelyUltimateDogwoodtwigborer

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

its good to see sabu is in the game

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

:bigfrown:

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    That gif reminded me that Zack Ryder went for a 450 Splash during his Open Challenge match and it caught me completely by surprise.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

this made me want this game more than literally anything else I've seen from it

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I still don't think labeling wrestlers as cruisers is a good idea in this day and age.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

i am laughing unreasonably hard at this

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I still don't think labeling wrestlers as cruisers is a good idea in this day and age.

As much as TNA rightfully gets shit on, the early days of the X Division was the right way to do it.

It was more about the style wrestling, not weight class and let people move between the titles.

• Options
    Del Rio might miss Raw this Monday due to him being booked in AAA which they are advertising as his final appearance for the promotion.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    eeeeee Marty the Moth's sister has been confirmed for season 2 of LU
    Cheerleader Melissa

Also they're looking into doing a scifi movie and live event tour <3

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Oops, correction to my above post
    Alberto is still scheduled to appear in Monterrey on Sunday, which is being promoted as the last chance to see Alberto in Monterrey (with AAA). There’s still no new information on what he’ll be doing with AAA. AAA sent out an interview with Johnny Mundo pointing towards a match with Rey Mysterio, which seems to take them both out of consideration for winning the title. It’s unclear how much those interviews are on autopilot or just subject to change. Unless the WON has a big scoop, we might not know much more about what’s going on with Alberto and the Mega title until Monday in Reynosa.

Just put Del Rio with Mundo and Rey with either two winning the title.

• Options
    CSbYYgjWUAAOCna.jpg

They had to put midcarders' names in big bold so Caristico and his former names weren't the largest thing on the list

I hope he keeps changing his names so eventually there has to be a whole poster to list it all

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    ...It looks like the design of the poster?

• Options
    Bucks still get to do PWG shows with their ROH deal, yesssss

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure they're co-bookers at this point, so I have to imagine any deal outside of WWE needed to include that clause.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    But that’s all off the table. Rodriguez signed a deal that multiple sources have said was for a $1,450,000 per year downside (and others who wouldn’t give a figure indicated something in that ballpark) with a reduced schedule, which is largely because WWE felt they needed an Hispanic star.

That'll do it.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    the young bucks draw their powers from the legion hall

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I am just imagining a bunch of scott halls jammed together like legion from castlevania

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    CSbYYgjWUAAOCna.jpg

They had to put midcarders' names in big bold so Caristico and his former names weren't the largest thing on the list

I hope he keeps changing his names so eventually there has to be a whole poster to list it all

How dare you insult Barbaro Cavernario like that, the dudes awesome, and he won the En Busca de un Idolo tournament last year and was in the Best of Super Juniors.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    There is an argument to be made that during 1997, when WCW was white hot, Hall, Nash and Hogan (and everyone else) were actually underpaid in regards to how well WCW was drawing at the time.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The Rock's grandfather fought Sean Connery. Huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOlwTuZxQA&amp;feature=youtu.be

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Okay someone uploaded an Iron Fist CAW with maxed out stats and a moveset that is half Cesaro and half Sami Zayn

I swear to god I didn't do this

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Hah guess the WWE isn't the only one trying to sell Samoans as Japanese.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    This Gable/Jordan v Gargano & Ciampa match from NXT is so good.

Edit - Way better ring gear from Nia Jax.

nicopernicus on
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »
    CSbYYgjWUAAOCna.jpg

How dare you insult Barbaro Cavernario like that, the dudes awesome, and he won the En Busca de un Idolo tournament last year and was in the Best of Super Juniors.

Was talking more about the actual midcarders like Raffy/Mike/Tello/Toxin/Fly Star/Aramis
    Nirya wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they're co-bookers at this point, so I have to imagine any deal outside of WWE needed to include that clause.

I knew about that (plus PWG's near their home/family) but this is the first time in years ROH has allowed someone in a contract with them to simultaneously do PWG and I'm glad to see it

The Bucks are really smart and that's something not seen or appreciated often in the business

• Options
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    fuck

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    don't be sour

clap

and follow the buzzards

• Options
    That's so good. Damn.

• Options
    I

Love

Zack Ryder's theme

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    don't be sour

clap

and follow the buzzards

It's a new Bray, yes it-DEH

• Options
    I guess wrestling Observer says Barrett and Sheamus are officially a tag team and not just a temporary thing? Assumedly Rusev would also be involved if his injury turns out to not be legit.

I think it's a great move. The Tag Division needs more heels, and big bruisers, and the two are actually really fun together. Plus it keeps Sheamus out of the singles title scene for a while.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I was there for that injury. It was super weird, and I don't think there is any way that was how they had the match planned to go. The match was really short and Rusev legit looked like he was hurt. I didn't see how it happened, but the way he stood there working his arm after the injury was scary. Hope he recovers ok.

• Options
    Yeah I just finished Main Event and that was a super super weird finish.

Like, it looked like a work but felt like it was legit just because of how sudden everything ended and how Neville just kinda stood there while Rusev threw a tantrum and the episode ended with him just getting into a ref's face and the whole thing seemed off

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Konnan/MLW think it's a torn bicep, Dave hasn't heard anything except it's a legit injury (which duh, why would they do an injury angle on Main Event of all places)

And yeah they're a team now, so yay Sheamus gets something to do for at least a bit and yay it's with Barrett so I'm really happy about that

• Options
    Yeah I am super super into the idea of Barrett and Sheamus being two surly brawlers who were out drinking one night and got into a bar fight and cleaned house and went "wait...." and realized if they fight together they can punch way more people

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah I'm also into Sheamus and Barrett being a tag team. Especially since it gives Sheamus something to do other than fail to cash in his briefcase.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

... The Smoothie King Center ...

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
This discussion has been closed.