As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] I'm thankful for Pax Arcadia.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Any Europeans/Asians/Insomniacs/Night Shifters wanna play some Crucible with me?

Offer still stands for the next two hours. I'm lonely. :(
    (Offer also valid for early morning people now too.)

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I have an Atheon checkpoint also, graciously donated to me by @awsimo

I will pass this checkpoint along to any guardians that may need it. Hiryu Zerotwo on XBone. Send me a party invite if you see me on.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Any Europeans/Asians/Insomniacs/Night Shifters wanna play some Crucible with me?

Offer still stands for the next two hours. I'm lonely. :(
    (Offer also valid for early morning people now too.)
    If I didn't need to be working, I'd be super up for shooting mans. :sad: By the time I could conceivably beg off for an early afternoon and nip downstairs to the PS4, I'm sure you'll be asleep. But I'll look for you if I do get online this afternoon.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    i bought two packs of silver this week because im a whale

hi

its me

paying for your free content

please carry me through hm now thanks

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Don't feel bad @hoodie13. I bought the holiday dances and emotes. :(

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »

hi

its me

you would need to buy like 10 packs to be a whale

in 10 minutes

for every 10 minutes

• Options
    Don't feel bad @hoodie13. I bought the holiday dances and emotes. :(
    oh i dont feel bad

my nearly complete stack of legendary masks stares at me from my vault, where i have lovingly enshrined them among all the other dumb shit im keeping for no reason

id just like to kill hm oryx sometime this year, maybe get a raid helmet just fucking once

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Do you have the Skull Mask?

I'm afraid of buying another pack of Masks... and not getting it. :(

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

I bought the 6-pack of coffins and then another one (plus the thriller dance and slow-clap). Zero skull masks. Also zero paper glue so I just have the one auto-awarded glue and will have to decide whether I want to keep my Rahool mask or my Skolas mask (I got at least one of all the other ones except Tiger as legendaries from all those coffins and fuck Tiger; I have no idea why that wasn't an Iron Banner Wolf).

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options

I bought the 6-pack of coffins and then another one (plus the thriller dance and slow-clap). Zero skull masks. Also zero paper glue so I just have the one auto-awarded glue and will have to decide whether I want to keep my Rahool mask or my Skolas mask (I got at least one of all the other ones except Tiger as legendaries from all those coffins and fuck Tiger; I have no idea why that wasn't an Iron Banner Wolf).

You can also dismantle any duplicate or undesirable legendaries you have for extra paper glue.

_
  • Options

i got 3! i actually got too many! i had to destroy one cause i didnt have enough room!

The only mask I'm missing is the Legendary mask, but I dont see myself using any of the engram masks really, so I'm not sure im going to spend a lot of time trying to get it.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    hlprmnky wrote: »

You can also dismantle any duplicate or undesirable legendaries you have for extra paper glue.

Ooh. To be honest, I don't really care about most of the legendary masks. I do want the Skull Mask. So far I haven't bought any silver, but seeing as the Thriller dance is going to become unavailable for purchase after the event I will probably end up buying it. And while I'm at it some RNG for the skull mask also.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

hi

its me

I'm dying to do HM again. We took four hours getting through to just the Sisters on Monday night, but I think most of us hadn't done it before? Or maybe it was my dying multiple times to really stupid shit. But if you're able to start HM later at night (like 9:30pm Eastern or later) that's when I'm usually able to raid (I don't like to raid while my wife is still up; feels rude since I know she'll be going to bed not too much later with the baby).

Also, thank you for paying for my free content at a later date!

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

hi

its me

you would need to buy like 10 packs to be a whale

in 10 minutes

for every 10 minutes

@Dajoran

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Hi everyone... I'm Dajoran... on the street they call me Kersev... and... *sniff* and... I'm an emoteholic...

Edit: And a Skullmaskholic.... and a Legendarymaskholic...

Dajoran on
  • Options
    Considering how awesome the skull mask is, why are there not any helmets that awesome? The closest we've got that I'm aware of are the Devouring Maw for Warlocks and the... I think it's Taikonaut? The one with the Daft Punk LED thing going on. I want a set of Oryx armor that makes me look like one of the Taken.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Considering how awesome the skull mask is, why are there not any helmets that awesome? The closest we've got that I'm aware of are the Devouring Maw for Warlocks and the... I think it's Taikonaut? The one with the Daft Punk LED thing going on.
    Are you thinking of the Insurmountable Skullfort?

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Considering how awesome the skull mask is, why are there not any helmets that awesome? The closest we've got that I'm aware of are the Devouring Maw for Warlocks and the... I think it's Taikonaut? The one with the Daft Punk LED thing going on.

Yep, that's the one.

• Options
    Yeah the skull mask is amazing. It chitters! Wearing it with the raid armor makes you look like a creepy dancing skeleton guy.

My only problem with the masks is that they drop your light level down by a bunch. I think that's a mistake. I personally think that masks should be counted as not a part of your light level calculation. You can still wear it, and maybe it wont impact your light level that much, but you won't get any INT/STR/DIS or perks from wearing a normal helmet.

That's how I would have implemented it.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Yeah the skull mask is amazing. It chitters! Wearing it with the raid armor makes you look like a creepy dancing skeleton guy.

My only problem with the masks is that they drop your light level down by a bunch. I think that's a mistake. I personally think that masks should be counted as not a part of your light level calculation. You can still wear it, and maybe it wont impact your light level that much, but you won't get any INT/STR/DIS or perks from wearing a normal helmet.

Or we could all have a cosmetic slot next to the gear slot that took on the appearance of whatever we put in there, like masks. But that is awful close to an actual transmog system 25 languages dank meme dank meme.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Yep, that's the one.

I'm kinda sad that it lost the free Transfusion perk in year 2. On the plus side it's way better for Defenders/Sunbros, the on the downside I hate it for Striker now. Don't find Storm Fist to be that useful in PvE myself.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Considering how awesome the skull mask is, why are there not any helmets that awesome? The closest we've got that I'm aware of are the Devouring Maw for Warlocks and the... I think it's Taikonaut? The one with the Daft Punk LED thing going on. I want a set of Oryx armor that makes me look like one of the Taken.

The FWC hunter helmet is also pretty frabjous, though I agree that at least Harrowed raid gear should have some more awesome particle effects.

Maybe that's what the 330-LL versions are for?

_
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

It should be a separate slot next to your helmet that just counts as a costume piece, while the underlying armor gives you the actual stats.

That's how every piece of armor should work.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Meh. I was doing so well in the story up until Regicide.

It's not even Oryx that is giving me the issues it's the two taken bosses right before him. . . bah.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I finished the Nightfall with my spooky mask on so it gave me a reward based on my 275 LL : (

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I mean yes the cosmetic slot would be great

Hear me out on that though, cause I actually thought about this a bit

If they did cosmetic slots, it actually would become a great deal tougher to know what you're going up against in Crucible. You see a guy with a Roman flair thing on his head, you know to stay out of his bubble. But what if that's just his costume piece, and its all a trick?

A solution would be to disable Crucible costumes, but that's the best place to show off how you look to your enemy! Thralls dont care if your head is the Traveller, strangly enough.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    depends on the crucible mode. I think it would have more of an impact in Trials or other 3v3 modes.

In 6v6 modes its usually so hectic that I just try to pay attention to what class they are, at best.

• Options
    edited October 2015

If they did cosmetic slots, it actually would become a great deal tougher to know what you're going up against in Crucible. You see a guy with a Roman flair thing on his head, you know to stay out of his bubble. But what if that's just his costume piece, and its all a trick?

A solution would be to disable Crucible costumes, but that's the best place to show off how you look to your enemy! Thralls dont care if your head is the Traveller, strangly enough.

Alternate solution: Deal with it.

I understand the advantage in scouting out the other team's gear but I don't think that's so much a feature as a bug. I would not mind seeing that become unreliable in the future.

Edit: Bug as in unintentional. Not attempting to give grief or disparage people who do it, just that I would not mind if it went away.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options

I think that we can probably agree that exotics should never be able to be transmogrified. Exotics are too game-changing and inform tactics and approaches in Crucible. I don't think we will ever be able to change the appearance of exotic gear.

Heck I use the choice of an exotic piece as a strategy in crucible. 'Oh, that Titan isn't wearing Saint-14, it's safe to enter the bubble." Me wearing NBP: '/schemes'.

• Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    Honestly, as far as in-universe tone goes, I just don't want to see people in big goofy masks year round. Its fun for right now because it's fresh and there's a silly fiction they wrote around it but in a couple months if I'm still seeing big dumb engrams on peoples heads its just going to be distracting.

• Options
    I mean in all honesty "deal with it" sounds great

But then you have 500 page posts on bungie.net forums about how they're ruining Crucible, and Bungie responds, and people dont like it, and those people go to another game, and then the really competitive section of Crucible is gone which is GREAT for people who wanna just jump in Crucible and get some dailies done but bad for the overall health and wellbeing of the game, which will need to last 8 more years

It's unfortunately more complicated, for this game, than "just toss a costume slot in there"

Because Crucible is a MASSIVE part of Destiny, and costumes would affect Cruc in a big way.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    I miss the old blue flames from completing Nightfall. That at least got you partway to the flaming blue skull look.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I have a KF normal setup on the 100 for 8PM MST. Need four people.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    depends on the crucible mode. I think it would have more of an impact in Trials or other 3v3 modes.

In 6v6 modes its usually so hectic that I just try to pay attention to what class they are, at best.

I agree, but most of the super-competitive people that I've seen play will always have at least one person on their fireteam actually inspecting the opposing players gear (in the menu, not just visually). I suppose that could lead to some interesting mind-games if players wanted to be really devious, but that just seems like it would make the game more interesting, not less.

e.g. Sunbreaker Titan wearing Skullfort transmogged into Helm of Saint-14 > opposing team inspects his gear and see the xmog > Titan switches to Defender and real Helm of Saint-14 after the first round starts > hilarity ensues in heavy round when said Titan bubbles the ammo

Alternately, there could be restrictions on xmog of exotics - allowing a cosmetic slot for legendaries wouldn't really change anything in Crucible.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I think removing the costumed slot from light calculation is a good compromise.

But you can bet your ass the first thing bungie is working on right now is a better way to equip and use emotes and other cosmetic stuff.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    I mean in all honesty "deal with it" sounds great

But then you have 500 page posts on bungie.net forums about how they're ruining Crucible, and Bungie responds, and people dont like it, and those people go to another game, and then the really competitive section of Crucible is gone which is GREAT for people who wanna just jump in Crucible and get some dailies done but bad for the overall health and wellbeing of the game, which will need to last 8 more years

It's unfortunately more complicated, for this game, than "just toss a costume slot in there"

Because Crucible is a MASSIVE part of Destiny, and costumes would affect Cruc in a big way.

Fair point, though I think you're massively overemphasizing the highly competitive players who both do this and would leave based on it's removal.
    Remington wrote: »
    Honestly, as far as in-universe tone goes, I just don't want to see people in big goofy masks year round. Its fun for right now because it's fresh and there's a silly fiction they wrote around it but in a couple months if I'm still seeing big dumb engrams on peoples heads its just going to be distracting.

...and this is another good point as far as the masks go. I still want a general transmog system but for the masks especially they are sorta tone breaking.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Personally I don't think wearing costumes would be THAT big of a deal in crucible, but I fully understand this is a matter of opinion.

Truthfully I haven't played trials in a long ass time, and I can see how wanting to know how your opponents are geared is important there. But generally I never check their gear. I used to, a lot. But in practice, during a match, I'm not thinking about how they are geared. I'm thinking more about the dynamics of the fight itself - where are they, how many of them are together, how many teabags can I safely get off on his dead body before his teammate kills me. You know, purely tactical decisions.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Erevar wrote: »

Alternately, there could be restrictions on xmog of exotics - allowing a cosmetic slot for legendaries wouldn't really change anything in Crucible.

This, pretty much. I think this is where it is going to end up.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I actually like that the masks don't give any stats. They're funny and cool for the moment but, as others said, I wouldn't want to see them everywhere all year long. I fully intend to bust out my Rahool and Xur masks on occasion but I much prefer goofy shit like that to be a sometimes food.

That said, I just wish they had more cool-looking gear, or not-goofy appearance mods. I don't really care about having a transmog thing. I like that certain perks are tied to certain gear. But I do wish that all of the gear looked cool. I've got a couple of chest pieces I swap between based on what int/disc/str loadout I want and which subclass I'm playing but I only actually really like how one of them looks. I don't want them to all look like that one; I just don't want ones that look like bath robes or a mardi gras parade float. For every cool helmet there are 3 with wings, forehead spikes, etc. And it's clear that the art director is capable of picking cool-looking stuff, so who is convincing them that the airplane hat or a robe covered in feathers are great ideas?

CptHamilton on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I wish exotics would take on your dye job honestly. It's the worst on a titan because they have some great arm armor, but it ends up making your outfit look wonky as fuck.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net