As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Steven Universe] episodes starting July 18

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    A couple were done tonight.

0pdiz8riiud2.pngw4s1cyrybq2f.png

it is your favorites! Cat and Homer.

EDIT: Gonna just post all my portraits done so far for my own safekeeping.

Crystal Gems:
    cpt9hswgxpvj.pngjmot2wvzl5r3.png5a2nmlwsjnab.png1blor5c36n5v.pngyikuo15gojdz.png0pdiz8riiud2.png

Homeworld Gems:
    jt5i5mcq5eaj.pngd1ictuj30sit.pngfhxfbt9vpbjk.png

Fleshy Humans
    w4s1cyrybq2f.pngopy00yvfvy2g.png5it15ohg7gb4.png

21stCentury on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    yeah, wtf indeed

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Oh wait, missy Elliot...

I was all, oh shit! Estelle rocking a garnet costume for a concert?! But no, its missy Elliot. Don't really care for her music.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I watched Rising Tides / Crashing Skies
    it's still hilarious

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Oh wait, missy Elliot...

I was all, oh shit! Estelle rocking a garnet costume for a concert?! But no, its missy Elliot. Don't really care for her music.

missy is supadupafly

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Speedracer Neotoma and myself did a thing. Hope you guys like it.
    https://youtu.be/mEPwVUh8aBo

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    the new adventure time episodes

are pretty good

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

are pretty good

they felt like a return to form from some of the episode last season for sure

• Options
    well, we are about to get into an 8-part series about Marcy

so this might be a palette cleanser before we get into all that

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    bbbcajkq1h3j.pngdaewy07mamb2.png

Last two "regulars" and that's stretching it a bit.

Whelp, now i guess I am at a crossroads...

Do I animate the portraits OR make more static portraits of the fusion gems (and Ruby + Sapphire)?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Do I animate the portraits OR make more static portraits of the fusion gems (and Ruby + Sapphire)?
    The only possible answer is "Yes".

• Options
    ALSO!

i've had this idea stuck in my head for a while now...

i kinda want to make a game mock-up.

A Steven Universe game mock-up called Crystal Gems vs Alloy Boys.

But on one hand, i feel like "Alloy Boys", which would be male-equivalents to gems, is a super wrongo thing to make in relation to SU.

What do y'all think...

Would me drawing fake Fan OCs that are "evil" male gems be poorly received?

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

are pretty good

Is there not an Adventure Time thread anymore? Figures since I just got into AT.

Anyway spoiler for Bonnie and Neddy
    Its interesting to me that Neddy essentially serves a "mother" role to the candy kingdom.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    ALSO!

But on one hand, i feel like "Alloy Boys", which would be male-equivalents to gems, is a super wrongo thing to make in relation to SU.

What do y'all think...

you should do it but go way over the top about it

to the point that people come to the conclusion that you have a serious axe to grind or even mental problems

but it was actually just at my suggestion

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

are pretty good

Is there not an Adventure Time thread anymore? Figures since I just got into AT.

Anyway spoiler for Bonnie and Neddy
    Its interesting to me that Neddy essentially serves a "mother" role to the candy kingdom.

There is!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/181595/adventure-time-and-before-there-was-nothing-there-were-monsters/p27

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Best portraits yet.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    ALSO!

What do y'all think...

The Homeworld Gems are depicted as a callous alien imperium. They also have a very rigid caste system based upon the specification you were built or "grown" into. So hardly.
    Could probably spin the metallic boys into a separate alien species.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    ALSO!

What do y'all think...

The Homeworld Gems are depicted as a callous alien imperium. They also have a very rigid caste system based upon the specification you were built or "grown" into. So hardly.
    Could probably spin the metallic boys into a separate alien species.

or human made mecha

• Options
    edited November 2015
    ALSO!

What do y'all think...

What I would suggest is you look what happened when somebody drew "thin" versions of certain characters.

Steven Universe has a fairly mellow fanbase in general but there's a fair share of terrible people that frankly you'd be better off avoiding.

I like the alloy idea since those are technically fusions. Maybe they could be the alloy army and be a left over experiment from prewar.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

are pretty good

Man I for one hope Finn is just horribly boring and unfunny

idgi

• Options

are pretty good

Man I for one hope Finn is just horribly boring and unfunny

idgi

Left over draft. Also wrong thread

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ALSO!

What do y'all think...

Metal Men?

batmanbravebold43.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ALSO!

What do y'all think...

What I would suggest is you look what happened when somebody drew "thin" versions of certain characters.

Steven Universe has a fairly mellow fanbase in general but there's a fair share of terrible people that frankly you'd be better off avoiding.

I like the alloy idea since those are technically fusions. Maybe they could be the alloy army and be a left over experiment from prewar.

I know, the only reason it's not a mockup already is that i don't want to get death threats.

• Options
    ALSO!

What do y'all think...

I know, the only reason it's not a mockup already is that i don't want to get death threats.

I think you could do gender neutral and imply they mostly identify as male. Its a great idea though looking up alloys in wikipedia theres tins of cool names/power implications.

• Options
    man

fuck people who start making death threats over fan art

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    man

Yeeaaaaaah
    the internet can be pretty terrible sometimes
    http://theodysseyonline.com/monmouth/why-am-no-longer-steven-universe-fan/204442

NeoToma on
  • Options
    FuzzytadpoleFuzzytadpole Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Well that was an upsetting read. For a lot of reasons.

Fuzzytadpole on
  • Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    man

Yeeaaaaaah
    the internet can be pretty terrible sometimes
    http://theodysseyonline.com/monmouth/why-am-no-longer-steven-universe-fan/204442

Christ. I hate people.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    To be fair though, Hitler also made fan art.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It seems like you can't have a disagreement over anything online anymore without some jackasses sending death threats about it.

• Options
    It seems like you can't have a disagreement over anything online anymore without some jackasses sending death threats about it.

I think that article is pretty apt. An inclusive community means everyone is welcome and there's these stupid gatekeeper types that come in and pull this stuff because everybody to them means " except those people I irrationally hate them all". I mean reading those comments most of these idiots don't even understand what they're saying.

• Options
    it seems like a problem with tumblr in general

it is an amazing platform for people to get lost inside their own assholes

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I think that article is pretty apt. An inclusive community means everyone is welcome and there's these stupid gatekeeper types that come in and pull this stuff because everybody to them means " except those people I irrationally hate them all". I mean reading those comments most of these idiots don't even understand what they're saying.

The people complaining really seem to be missing like the entire underlying premise of Steven Universe to me. It's rather baffling.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I'll post this, fro. What I posted I. The artist corner. It's not my work or thoughts, but its valid.
    there's been some talk about fans getting uppity or harassing artists and creators. None of the art is mine, but I just want to link this post because I feel its important for newbies and vets alike:

spoiler for a series of pics:
    tumblr_nwqtam2ans1u31r7bo1_540.png
    tumblr_nwqtam2ans1u31r7bo2_540.png
    tumblr_nwqtam2ans1u31r7bo3_540.png
    tumblr_nwqtam2ans1u31r7bo4_540.png

Some points to remember as an artist who is getting harassed over content:

The Harasser probably isn’t an artist, otherwise they would just make the content they wanted to see, and would understand art and artists enough to know that content controlling is bullshit. The button that silences this person has more power than this person will ever have. Use it. Blocking people who upset or offend you is A-okay. And the only way you can see them getting their diapers in a twist is if you go looking, which is on you. You control what you see and do, no one else. These people wouldn’t do this in person, so remember they’re cowards behind a computer thinking they can just get what they want. They can’t. They’re not allowed.

You worked years for what you have. Have it.

I’ve been doing it and i have like, 0 hate on my inbox :>

I came from the days that blocking meant you were a whiny idiot who can’t “take criticism” so its nice to see this. There’s nothing wrong with cleaning the junky people out of your life.

For reals. A lot of these assholes are cowards and are using the Greater Internet Dickwad Theory to full effect. You can dislike fan art, and let people know you dislike it. But you have no right to censor or threaten them for their work.

I've stated I don't like certain fan art, but again, I'm not going torch and pitchfork on people.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Social media platforms need to police this shit and until someone sues their asses they won't

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular

Yes with Ruby and Sapphire. And, if you want. Something bothering me is the background color choices. Some are the same as others, some aren't. Is there a reason for the background color choices? Maybe making the background colors fit for reasons would make them better. Otherwise, I guess it's just my OCD activating seeing them all at once and seeing the odd pattern of background color choices.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Actually, hmm... Would suing the platform work? Or the individual that slanders?

The platform would get protocol and policing reforms in place, but bypasses the shitheel and probably hurts platform developers more.

But suing or pressing charges on the shitheel is the proper use of justice, but how do you pin a person to an avatar without FBI level big brothering of everything?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Actually, hmm... Would suing the platform work? Or the individual that slanders?

The platform would get protocol and policing reforms in place, but bypasses the shitheel and probably hurts platform developers more.

But suing or pressing charges on the shitheel is the proper use of justice, but how do you pin a person to an avatar without FBI level big brothering of everything?

The only way would be to both prove that social media platforms have a legal obligation to provide methods for block/avoiding hostile but nonviolent interactions, and that said platform did not suitably provide those methods to its userbase.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

The DMCA (or other maybe the CDA) protects sites from being held liable for user contributions provided they do some stuff about dealing with IP violations. Without that protection the internet (and PA's boards specifically) wouldn't be viable. All they would be is a giant lawsuit magnet until they closed up shop or moved out of the country.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
This discussion has been closed.