As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New [Steven Universe] episodes starting July 18

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    A toilet seat that smokes a cigar

Forever that is what you are

A toilet seat that smokes a cigar

The end

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    dang

Pretty stoked were getting new SU in three weeks

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    wait

by "four week special event"

do they mean a steven bomb every week for four weeks

or an episode a week for four weeks

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I just got the most horrible, foreboding vision
    i think pearl might die

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    I just got the most horrible, foreboding vision
    i think pearl might die
    Of the main cast she's probably the most likely to do so, to me the tone of the show doesn't really lend itself to full-on character death, but things are coming to a head and it wouldn't take too much in the way of stakes-raising to make it narratively appropriate I think.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    re: hypothetical character death, they needn't actually kill off a gem. Cracking a gem so that they don't regenerate would be enough. It's not dead, but they're not coming back either. And it leaves it open for Steven to bring them back when he goes super saiyan and heals every corrupted/fused/broken gem on Earth in the final episode.

Gvzbgul on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I really have no problem with them doing the episode releases in bombs

but six month pauses are rough

I like them, when it makes sense to release them all in one week.

Steven bombs 1, 3 and 4 all had a clear theme (or two in the 4th ones case)

The second was just five consecutive episodes, and I don't think it really lent itself to the Steven bomb format at all.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited April 2016
    see317 wrote: »
    Charmy wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Don't know if the Gravity Falls thread is still around but here's a song that was supposed to be part of the finale that got cut.

This is great. It breaks my heart that Gravity Falls had such a short run. I would have loved to have seen more stuff from those crazy Cicierega kids.
    It wasn't cut short. Hirsch swears up and down that this is the story he wanted to tell, and that he wasn't cancelled or forced to prematurely end the series.

Doesn't mean that we can't want more.
    I'm glad they got the show that they wanted and told the story they wanted. Also glad that they got out when they were done instead of letting the show drag on past the point where it was fun.

But I still wouldn't mind seeing another season or two.

Hirsch made it clear that it was only the sheer tidal wave of love from the fans that convinced him to keep working on it after S1.

The show cost him a lot of sleepless nights, and there's no way he's doing the show anymore.

And frankly, I much prefer a show end on a really high note than keep it going just so people keep getting more.

Goatmon on

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Crush a gem into powder, then snort it for power

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

and thus a new fetish is born

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular

and thus a new fetish is born

nah, snuff has been around for a while

FqmsaJ6.png
    is making puns about fetishes a new fetish in itself

wY6K6Jb.gif
    the answer is yes

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    You know, they don't actually say that May is new episodes... the "four week special" might be they playing all episodes from the beginning to lead up to new episodes in June.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    They pretty clearly stated that the show is back at 7 on the twelfth, they wouldn't hype up reruns weeks in advance with a trailer full of 90% new footage.

Speaking of which, they've been playing the promo during every break today during SU reruns.
    wait

It starts on a Thursday, so I think it's just Thursdays for now. The question then is, does another break start after 4 weeks? Is June still significant in some way?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Could be a four week Steven Fuse to a one week Steven Bomb.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Two episodes on the first week, one a week after that.

No I don't.
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    So my homie was like bro u gotta watch this show it's hella tight. And I was like yeah I probably should I heard it's hella tight anyway. So I ended up watching this show over the last coupla days.

I came to report that it's hella tight.

Peridot is the hella tightest gem.

A Pearl is tight too.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Just going to ask now, but when the first episode comes out and it's that leaked one that everyone watched, please use spoiler tags like you normally would as if it wasn't leaked weeks ago

jCyyTSo.png
  • adiusadius Registered User regular
    Technically it was just a few minutes of the episode that leaked, but yeah, point still stands.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm kind of surprised I've been able to avoid spoilers from that leak so far.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I'm kind of surprised I've been able to avoid spoilers from that leak so far.
    I couldn't. I saw one clip on like a recommended video screen that showed huge gosh darn spoilers.

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    wait

Two episodes on the first week, one a week after that.

yeah I only just found this article saying as much. the teaser was a little vague.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/22/steven-universe-returning-in-too-deep
    The “In Too Deep” event unfolds over five episodes — two back to back during a 30-minute special on May 12, and one per week for the following three weeks.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    So hey Im doing a rewatch and does anybody have theories about the Crystal Heart?

Quire.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    So hey Im doing a rewatch and does anybody have theories about the Crystal Heart?

Yes
    The temple was originally Roses flagship or built around it. The heart is a power source and it uses "veins" to transmit it. My main idea is gem ships are a body and the limbs detach as needed.
    This is mostly confirmed by Peridots ship using similar veins and being a hand

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Probably either an outdated power source and part of the old colony that's being repurposed by the crystal gems, or one of Rose's inscrutable creations.

Is time a gift or punishment?
    edited April 2016
    uh it was just explained. Ponies gather their magic into the crystal heart and by doing so, it has the power to keep the harsh winter outside of the Crystal Empire.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Yes
    The temple was originally Roses flagship or built around it. The heart is a power source and it uses "veins" to transmit it. My main idea is gem ships are a body and the limbs detach as needed.

That's interesting and not at all something I thought about but I was thinking more about if the Gems got their names from it and wwhy/

Quire.jpg
  • InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular

Yes
    Speaking of Peridot, she saw the bubbled gems in the temple and said "you're going to harvest me?"
    Could that mean the temple/ship consumes gems as a power source?

http://keepbeachcityweird.tumblr.com/

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Yes
    Speaking of Peridot, she saw the bubbled gems in the temple and said "you're going to harvest me?"

I think it might
    Notice centipeetle comes back much smaller. I think the core limits or saps energy so gems dont regen and the bubble is what allows it

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited April 2016

Yes

I think it might
    Notice centipeetle comes back much smaller. I think the core limits or saps energy so gems dont regen and the bubble is what allows it
    I think that's its default state.

I assume it would have gotten bigger if left to its own devices for long enough.

Goatmon on

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What's with the bandaids?

BLM - ACAB
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Anime

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Steven is actually really big fan of Country Grammar

Also someone update the thread title! New episodes in a week!

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    What's with the bandaids?

Little kids get hurt a lot.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I thought I remembered a time when Steven was wearing a bandaid, but I may be mixing up with the black eye he got after The Return.

edited April 2016
    with garnett, he wore a bandaid, but the bandaid is facing the other way

(See Charmys post below)

with amethyst, you can pretend he got the bandaid from the raccoon attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HKnQVCE0oo

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    Little Steven wears a bandaid in the extended theme song video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1eVBs7hC4

I have a twitter.