Options

Bob Ross to stream eternal, happy and magic white

14567810»

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Rebuild Bob

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    I hope whatever they do, they do it respectfully.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    When does the countdown end, Monday night?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    When does the countdown end, Monday night?

Monday, 5 PM EST I think.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I think it'd actually be better as an annual thing? That'd make it a bit more special and get people more excited to see it again, rather than just waiting three days or even having it on loop 24/7

But I don't really know what they'll do!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    This old house marathon.

No no.

Old Yankee workshop.

Uriel on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Man, I would be into a yearly marathon

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    This old house marathon.

No no.

Old Yankee workshop.

I want some Julia Child on Twitch

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So I've been out all day but left the marathon running, I just got home and saw the stay tuned message.

the only way this could be creepier is if they were playing a numbers station in the background.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    This old house marathon.

No no.

Old Yankee workshop.
    Why not both?

sig.gif
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    So I've been out all day but left the marathon running, I just got home and saw the stay tuned message.

the only way this could be creepier is if they were playing a numbers station in the background.

The camera starts to pull back, as I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire softly drifts in from the background.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The Joy of Painting stream will return every Monday

One full season all day each Monday, no repeats necessary for seven months

The marathon will return each year on Bob Ross' birthday, October 29th

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    so awesome.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    And suddenly Mondays are no longer the worst day of the week.

Step your shit up, Thursday!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The big thing this marathon imparted to me

Okay, so I had seen episodes of Joy of Painting here and there as a kid, as you do, but had never really paid attention to it because also I was a kid.

Bob Ross comes across as an incredibly sincere dude, and he really does get everything across so well that it feels like I could probably go out and get some paints and a canvas, and not make a total fucking mess of it. He actually really does make you believe that anybody can paint.

I wish I had watched more of it when I was younger, because it is a legitimately great program, and I never realized it back then.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I was worried about a 24/7 stream making this thing less special, but I didn't want it to go away entirely

one day a week seems like a nice middle ground

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I have this naively optimistic hope that maybe this will encourage some gentleness in the hooligans who watch twitch streams. I also wonder if maybe the internet isn't a perfect medium for programs like The Joy of Painting, and I kinda hope that we'll start seeing more people do things like, say, a stream dedicated to woodworking, or pottery. I dunno. The internet is such a powerful tool for bringing people together, especially hobbyists, and Lord knows the kids today could use more hobbies. I think, anyway.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I saw someone on twitter suggest that the success of the bob ross stream shows that maybe people on the internet have a real desire for unashamedly positive content

I hope more things like this continue to happen

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I saw someone on twitter suggest that the success of the bob ross stream shows that maybe people on the internet have a real desire for unashamedly positive content

I hope more things like this continue to happen

That's one of the reasons I love(d) Homestar Runner back in the day. It wasn't mean, it wasn't gross, it was just fun.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I hope they do a Let's Paint marathon next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbL_5rH1QQ

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Holy shit, why is that not a 24/7 thing?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Bob Ross and his refusal to not have awesome hair.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i forget if it was mentioned in this thread but everyone knows the story about his hair, right?

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    And suddenly Mondays are no longer the worst day of the week.

Step your shit up, Thursday!

No, Tuesday is the worst.

You're no longer fresh off the weekend while still not even being halfway through the week.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I don't care if monday's blue

tuesday grey and wednesday too

thursday I don't care about you

it's friday I'm in love

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2015
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I don't care if phthalo blue

titanium white and magic too

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    i forget if it was mentioned in this thread but everyone knows the story about his hair, right?

I do not.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Guys.

Guys.

It's "Hwite", not "White".

sig.gif
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

I do not.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/23260/5-happy-little-things-you-didnt-know-about-bob-ross
    5. He Didn't Love the Fro

It's hard to think of Bob Ross and not immediately key in on the giant bushy mushroom cloud of hair that exploded off of his head, and Ross knew it. Unfortunately, he also supposedly hated the haircut. Ross had an uncanny knack for marketing, though, so he knew that trimming his locks down to a more conservative "˜do would probably undercut part of his business. Ross decided to stick with his trademark look and even had his permed visage emblazoned on every tube of Bob Ross Inc. art supplies.

Ross could bang out an entire 13-episode season of The Joy of Painting in just over two days, which freed him up to get back to teaching lessons.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31206/what-happened-bob-ross-paintings

So apparently he created in the neighborhood of 30,000 paintings. Was a drill instructor for TWENTY years. holy fuck, Bob Ross and Fred Rogers are my gods.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    he set up his hair like that to save money on haircuts while he was transitioning to a career in painting