As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hamilton] is now on Disney+

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    never gon' be president now...

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm sitting here watching the show, and I'm near tears with how Lin-Manuel is just so genuine.

This is definitely worth a watch.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Trying to get my over energized 8 year old to go to bed. I I'm totally missing out!!!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Ugly tears!

all the ugly crying.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm sitting here watching the show, and I'm near tears with how Lin-Manuel is just so genuine.

This is definitely worth a watch.

My wife was crying pretty much the entire last half hour. It was an excellent show and amazing they captured so much of the creation of the music as he wrote it.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Man I had a real moment when they cut
    Between Obama watching and LMM+Chris Jackson singing One Last Time
    Then all the Eliza stuff just pushed me over the edge.

Kinda wish we got a little more music, but it was super good.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    That was awesome! :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I liked how they went to George Washington's estate and toured the slave quarters.

I can't stand the deification of our founding fathers, so including a section on that was a good reminder that none of them were perfect, especially Washington.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Daveed Diggs's description of Thomas Jefferson was very good

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I'm watching it now and I'm struck by how Dubya comes across as very intelligent. I spent years loathing the guy but now I'm wondering if he seems better because of eight years of perspective or if it's just Trump making everyone else look good.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I never hated Dubya.

• Options
    He would have made a great manager of a MLB team.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I'm watching it now and I'm struck by how Dubya comes across as very intelligent. I spent years loathing the guy but now I'm wondering if he seems better because of eight years of perspective or if it's just Trump making everyone else look good.

I always thought GWB was terrible when he needed to give a speech, but always sounded with it in a general conversation.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Watch Dubya's gubernatorial debates and compare that with the presidentials. He was playing to a constituency

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Huh. Never would thought the Rock has such a nice set of pipes.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Watched the documentary with my dad

Was taken a little out of it when he had to stop it to shout "FUCK YOU" when Bush and Paul Ryan appeared in it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Elbasunu wrote: »

This was good, but it definitely sounded like Lin-Manuel sang and recorded it for Dwayne, who then tried to match his version as closely as possible. I can understand why! But I very much hear L-M's voice behind that.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

This was good, but it definitely sounded like Lin-Manuel sang and recorded it for Dwayne, who then tried to match his version as closely as possible. I can understand why! But I very much hear L-M's voice behind that.

You're just tuned into it. It's the same as how The Muppets sound like Flight of the Conchords (and Clement is also doing some Moana work too, I think?).

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Lin wrote a pop song. It is such a pop song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeiHafI9EuI

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    It's an article from September, but I didn't remember seeing it in here, so: here's a bit about the bullet as a character. I think it's neat.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    YggiDee wrote: »
    It's an article from September, but I didn't remember seeing it in here, so: here's a bit about the bullet as a character. I think it's neat.

Thanks for this, this was a straight up fascinating read

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    YggiDee wrote: »

I really, really need to see the whole performance.

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Just got out of a Chicago performance. It was amazing. The guys playing Jefferson and Madison were having so much fun the whole show. Eliza still bringing the tears

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    What perfect timing for this thread to resurface. I've been listening to this for the last two weeks and there's no end in sight.

• Options
    1. No John Trumbull (Intro) - The Roots
    2. My Shot (feat. Busta Rhymes, Joell Ortiz & Nate Ruess) [Rise Up Remix] - The Roots
    3. Wrote My Way Out - Nas, Dave East, Lin-Manuel Miranda & Aloe Blacc
    4. Wait For It - Usher
    5. An Open Letter (feat. Shockwave) [Interlude] - Watsky
    6. Satisfied (feat. Miguel & Queen Latifah) - Sia
    7. Dear Theodosia (feat. Ben Folds) - Regina Spektor
    8. Valley Forge (Demo) - Lin-Manuel Miranda
    9. It's Quiet Uptown - Kelly Clarkson
    10. That Would Be Enough - Alicia Keys
    11. Immigrants (We Get The Job Done) - K'naan, Snow Tha Product, Riz MC, Residente
    12. You'll Be Back - Jimmy Fallon & The Roots
    13. Helpless (feat. Ja Rule) - Ashanti
    14. Take A Break (Interlude) - !llmind
    15. Say Yes To This - Jill Scott
    16. Congratulations - Dessa
    17. Burn - Andra Day
    18. Stay Alive (Interlude) - J.PERIOD & Stro Elliot
    19. Slavery Battle (Demo) - Lin-Manuel Miranda
    20. Washingtons By Your Side - Wiz Khalifa
    21. History Has Its Eyes On You - John Legend
    22. Who Tells Your Story (feat. Common & Ingrid Michaelson) - The Roots
    23. Dear Theodosia (Reprise) - Chance The Rapper & Francis and The Lights

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm real excited for that Regina Spektor and Ben Folds version of Dear Theodosia

And whatever that Dessa track is, obviously

• Options
    History Has Its Eyes On You by John Legend will almost certainly be really good

also Chance doing Dear Theodosia

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I saw this kid at an open mic night. It's a little rough, but totally adorbs. I don't think I would know all the words at that age, let alone have the courage to stand at a mic and deliver.
    http://youtu.be/kbV8LlDez_M

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I'm real excited for that Regina Spektor and Ben Folds version of Dear Theodosia

Congratulations is a cut song (or one that just never made it in) that takes place after the Reynolds pamphlet.
    It's Angelica telling Hamilton what an asshole he is.

Cimmerii on
    *Internally Screaming*
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Cimmerii wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

Congratulations is a cut song (or one that just never made it in) that takes place after the Reynolds pamphlet.
    It's Angelica telling Hamilton what an asshole he is.

Oh, that will be very good for her

She is very good at doing that

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Ashanti feat. Ja Rule on Helpless is perfect

you can really hear Ja's growl in LMM's delivery of "as long as I'm alive Eliza, swear to god you'll never feel so (helpless)"

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    dang, tho

dang

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Ugh, i have to wait for it til tomorrow? I just caught up on the last two pages and was really excited when i saw that because i thought it might still be in the past, but nope, I'm current.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My number one is that Dessa track, obviously. Hot dang, that sounds great.

Sia's take on Satisfied could be really fucking good, too.

That Spektor/Folds Dear Theodosia has the potential to make me cry even harder than the original, which is... good?

Gosh, what a lineup. I need that shit like yesterday.

• Options
    Inject that mixtape straight into my veins

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    My number one is that Dessa track, obviously. Hot dang, that sounds great.

Sia's take on Satisfied could be really fucking good, too.

That Spektor/Folds Dear Theodosia has the potential to make me cry even harder than the original, which is... good?

Gosh, what a lineup. I need that shit like yesterday.

When it got out that he was doing one the tracks, I couldn't figure out which one would make sense.

Then it's announced and it's like oh, duh of course he's doing that one.

a5ehren on