As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SECRET SATANS 2015: WE DID IT. 10/10 PERFECT GIFTING ALL AROUND!

1262728293032»

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    @PizzleStixx I was your Satan! I'm sorry the puzzles were too hard, I tried to leave hints (and admittedly expected more collaborative input on it like I've seen in previous years) :(

Thank you so much for the effort and sorry I couldn't be a better sleuth, amazing gifts though, thank you so much.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I sent out what can only be called 'secret cupid' this late in the game and got home and realized I'd forgotten to put something in the box

don't ship while drugged up on cold medicine, y'all

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    I sent out what can only be called 'secret cupid' this late in the game and got home and realized I'd forgotten to put something in the box

don't ship while drugged up on cold medicine, y'all

I received that drugged up valentines gift today, thanks cabsy! I'll put up some pictures tomorrow when I'm hopefully less exhausted.

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I had previously received a package of anonymous cookies in December. This weekend I received another package of goodies and my satan was revealed to have been @cabsy ! The included hand-written note described the theme of the box as 'PAX SOUTH INNA BOX'. That is great, I've always wanted to go to a PAX but haven't been able to manage it yet.
    bcWhX8D.jpg
    Description from the letter from cabsy:
    -Dill Pickle sunflower seeds, for a snack
    -not pictured - franklin BBQ (sorry!)
    -candies from an 11pm HEB run
    -magnets from the shot of ice & fire pub crawl
    -tequila, so you can play along at home
    -a promotional lanyard that may or may not lose your badge
    -cards from a few of the games we really liked
    -pins from Fluff Eater + den vanstra handens stig (?) (this game is hella weird)
    -enamel pin from the song of the deep
    -seeker of truth bracelet from the christians handing them out outside whataburger at 3am
    -pin + card from PAX on Demand, this years PAX Prank
    -not included chargers, bc by day 3 you have somehow lost them all
    -a cat toy, to make it up to your cat that you were gone for 4 days
    -some Mucinex for your PAX Pox

There were also "two books that I thought you'd like to read on the plane"
    UmVAfwW.jpg
    I've had Salt on my wishlist for a while but haven't gotten around to ordering it for myself. The cookbook looks great too, gonna get my grill on.

and finally another pic of my cat, sitting on the books while I was trying to take a picture of the wrapping on them. I barely managed to get a picture of everything together before she ran off with the cat toy :)
    VDhgElj.jpg

This was a nice surprise, I appreciate it all. Thanks cabsy!

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    It definitely took me a moment to parse that last pic as anything other than "Satan sent you a cat!"

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I'm glad it got there ok! I'm sorry it was so late - I really did mean to send it out earlier and shit just kept backing up and backing up. Also the really weird game is den vanstra and the guy was talking about literally making blood sacrifices to progress within the game? like, my husband was like 'so you mean... allegorical... sacrifices?' and the guy was like nah that's my dried blood all over the display model

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ok ... which of you motherfuckers got me a wok???

spoiled for personal
    A few people on the board know this, but I haven't really been talking about it - almost exactly one month ago, my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, metastasised to her hip, spine and ribs. I've spent the last two weeks in australia with the family, as bad news just kept rolling in ... I got back to Boston at 1am last night, 36 hours in transit, exhausted, and pretty certain I was in completely the wrong continent.

At 3.30am I got a text from my sister, they'd done a relatively routine MRI and discovered a brain tumour as well.

So I'm sorry, whoever sent me this gift, for not receiving it earlier and expressing my appreciation. I'm sorry also to my satanee, as due to the above and also some minor financial embarrassments, I still haven't actually finished sending out their gifts. Anyway I got into work this morning and there's an awesome wok on my desk which means I can at least cook some food that reminds me of home, and, well, I'm crying a little bit.