As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SECRET SATANS 2015: WE DID IT. 10/10 PERFECT GIFTING ALL AROUND!

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Dear Satan,
    - I love chocolate especially dark
    - I have cats, and would love this https://catladybox.com
    - I have a ps3
    - I have steam but options are limited bc I play on a Mac. Steam ID: teresafied
    - Puzzles - ones with pretty pictures - not ones with a bunch of objects
    - Silly hats
    - Clothing .. if it's a normal t-shirt, then a Medium. If it's super fitted then Large.
    - Amazon wishlist: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1I9K8XU8HU2BR/ref=cm_wl_huc_view
    - Here's cute things I like on etsy: https://www.etsy.com/people/Teresafied/favorites/items-i-love?page=1
    - Love to read .. especially books that involve vampires and love triangles. Here's my goodreads (already read/own these): https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/7603648?shelf=read
    - Here's a link to all of the board games I already own. This is more of a joint ownership with my fiancé, - I prefer the party games, deception ones, and abstract things like dixit. On the list I highlighted my fav ones: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hJb-ul5nnuMejL-1FVzkysoxwuUtgtMQdMTNV6X2E2A/edit#gid=0
    - I would appreciate anything crafty/handmade

If you need to bounce ideas off someone, you can talk to @Zombie Hero

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    HAIL SATAN AND WELL MET.
    Well, let's see. . . I just moved so don't get me a couch or anything.

Things I like:

Games for PC, WiiU, and 3DS are what I play most of the time.

Good lord, do I love snacks. Like crackers and cheese kind of snacks. Crackers love cheese.

Coffee is a big deal to me, and since I no longer live in Seattle proper and retired my personal machine, new and awesome ways to brew for my morning cuppa would be super cool.

If I get any bright ideas before our matches are picked, I'll update here and on my wishlist.

Amazon Wish List! <-You can pretty much ignore all those Star Wars Lego sets, since I now have little to no room to build/display them. . .

I have a very short wishlist on steam as well: evilumpire

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey as a reminder: sign up before Sunday!

If you sent an email to secretsatans2015@gmail.com and don't see your name on the signup list, please send me a PM!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So when will matches go out then?

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Before matches go out (so there's no suspicion) is there anyone not participating who is willing to offer their services as an imp?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Matches will be out a day or two after signups are closed.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Welp, guess this is happening again
    Hello Satan! Stuff that might interest you:

I have an Amazon wishlist here (hopefully that link works, profits from anything you buy there go to the Trevor Project; if the link doesn't work here's another) that's updated frequently
    I have a Steam profile here that I just updated and haven't used in a while, which should change because I'm getting a 1TB laptop next month and I'll finally be able to eat up my backlog there
    I have a PS4 (as of Xmas), PS3 and 360, a DS, just bought a PS2 to replace my broken PSP, and I don't have any technical current-gen games stuff but if you want to get PS4 games or a Wii U because my Nintendo love will never die, that's great too!
    But if you understandably don't want to do expensive stuff or games, that's fine. I love a lot of stuff! Clothes, movies, books, music, etc. Shirt size M or L, shoe size 6.5, love horror films, love books pertaining to LGBTQ+ rights and history especially, have a Kindle, and if you want to do a handmade thing that's lovely too! Any questions, ask someone to ask me, and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

I have an Amazon wishlist here (hopefully that link works, profits from anything you buy there go to the Trevor Project; if the link doesn't work here's another) that's updated frequently
    I have a Steam profile here that I just updated and haven't used in a while, which should change because I'm getting a 1TB laptop next month and I'll finally be able to eat up my backlog there
    I have a PS3 and 360, a DS, just bought a PS2 to replace my broken PSP, and I don't have any technical current-gen games stuff (if you're thinking of one expensive gift instead of a billion small things) have really wanted a PS4 recently especially with Star Wars Battlefront's release near at the time of this posting, or a Wii U because my Nintendo love will never die
    But if you understandably don't want to do expensive stuff or games, that's fine. I love a lot of stuff! Clothes, movies, books, music, etc. Shirt size M or L, shoe size 6.5, love horror films, love books pertaining to LGBTQ+ rights and history especially, and if you want to do a handmade thing that's lovely too! Any questions, ask someone to ask me, and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Why no MVP Baseball 2004, huh?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

I have a PS3 and 360, a DS, just bought a PS2 to replace my broken PSP, and I don't have any technical current-gen games stuff (if you're thinking of one expensive gift instead of a billion small things) have really wanted a PS4 recently especially with Star Wars Battlefront's release near at the time of this posting, or a Wii U because my Nintendo love will never die
    But if you understandably don't want to do expensive stuff or games, that's fine. I love a lot of stuff! Clothes, movies, books, music, etc. Shirt size M or L, shoe size 6.5, love horror films, love books pertaining to LGBTQ+ rights and history especially, and if you want to do a handmade thing that's lovely too! Any questions, ask someone to ask me, and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Worst MVP Baseball soundtrack

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

Worst MVP Baseball soundtrack

That is certainly not a response I would have anticipated.

Was thinking maybe Pujols on the cover or something.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2015
    I got an apartment, so - I'm in. This is also a placeholder for my suggestions/wishlist which I will have to create when I am more sane/less tired.

satan stuff:
    First off dang I forgot the smile link in my email! Here is a link to my amazon wishlist, with it included:

Link: http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1BYGADQ3O90DO <-- this is mostly books and stuff.
    And you should already have this from Rolo, but here is a link to stuff I like on etsy: https://www.etsy.com/au/people/careynic/favorites/items-i-love?ref=favs_index_1
    I don't update it very often though so it's probably more a style guide than a useful list.

Oh and I gave rolo two addresses, best one to use is my work in Cambridge. But if you do use the other you probably need the apartment number, which is 15.

Other things! Well, I love cooking, so kitchen gear, weird or old cookbooks, interesting spices or ingredients - all welcome! I'm also a sucker for crafty gifts so if you like knitting or crocheting or constructing life-sized model dogs out of sheet metal, well that would be amazing. Especially the dog thing. I also love messing with gadgets and electronics, especially anything you put together yourself - I have soldering equipment etc, so technology is no barrier. And ... um, I also knit I guess. So if you're really stuck, just grab some nice alpaca yarn or something!

hope that helps. If you need additional advice, Crwth, Tam, DrZiplock or Usagi can probably take a good stab at what i might like.

tynic on
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    @Brolo I would be interested in being an Imp if you're still looking.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I'm going to be able to participate after all.

<Placeholder wishlist post here>
    Hail Satan!

My amazon wishlist is here http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/EZKXP46PVP1Z it's mostly boardgames right now but I don't get much chance to actually play those with people so I'm going to be updating it with more ideas over the next week or so.

My steam profile is here http://steamcommunity.com/id/Uriel1018 and I play a lot of games on there so it may be hard to find something I don't already have.

I also own a PS4, Vita, 3DS, and an old NES

If you decide to get my any shirts or something I am a big guy and wear at least a 4XL

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    @Brolo I would be interested in being an Imp if you're still looking.

Thanks for volunteering! I'll let you know if I need any additional help.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @Brolo this might be a weird request but can we get a list of imp volunteers in the OP?

If I end up with you as my satanee I am not asking you directly about your gift. :P

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I am available for anyone's required imping.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    ceres wrote: »
    @Brolo this might be a weird request but can we get a list of imp volunteers in the OP?

If I end up with you as my satanee I am not asking you directly about your gift. :P

Good idea! I have added some potential imps.

Brolo on
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    What does an imp do, and might I be able to do it?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    An imp acts as a go-between so that satans can ask their satanees questions while maintaining anonymity.

So if Brolo were my satanee and I really, really needed to know his shoe size and if he's allergic to bee stings, I could ask an imp to ask him for me so I wouldn't have to do it myself, which would reveal me as his satan.

An imp must be trustworthy and able to keep secrets.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    @Brolo I am available for imping!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I got in!

I'M SOMEBODY!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I will imp if you need another

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    It looks like im still not on the list?

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    The person in charge of the imps will be known as the Prime Imp, or P. Imp for short

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2015
    It looks like im still not on the list?

Updated the list, you're on!

Brolo on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2015
    I'm in.

Wishlist/Infopost:

Amazon Wishlist

My Amazon wishlist is fucking massive, because it's a catch-all for shit I like and want to remind myself about.

Basically, it gathers up a handful of things I dig: games, model-making tools, interesting books and fun puzzles and toys.

In my spare time I make props for D&D campaigns I run, garden and cook. My house is fucking tiny, so I try not to collect more shit than I need, but I always find room for rad tools to make cool shit.

I play a lot of games, both tabletop/pnp and digital. Currently playing on Steam and Xbox 360, but likely to get a XBone this year.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    REMINDER: There is no good excuse for not using the smile.amazon.com prefix when shopping on Amazon. It will automatically donate a portion of the total sale to the charity of your choice (Child's Play, for example).

It's that simple. Make sure any links to your Amazon Wish List use the smile.amazon link. It doesn't cost anybody anything additional, and it helps people who could really use it.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    I set up my smile.amazon url when it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but didn't really have the time at the moment to consider which charity I wanted to go with.

I've decided on the Innocence Project charity, which helps to exonerate people who have been wrongfully convicted of a crime and sent to prison. This is done through DNA testing (which often involves a legal battle with the prosecutor to obtain permission to perform) and subsequent litigation. The tests themselves can cost thousands. I always knew the system was bad, but it wasn't until the series of recent LWTs that I realized just how solidly things are stacked against the convicted. It's unreasonable even for the guilty; the innocent deserve every last bit of help that can be scrounged in their defense.

I'd love to read about which charities people choose to support with smile, and why they chose it. Educate me!

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    REMINDER: There is no good excuse for not using the smile.amazon.com prefix when shopping on Amazon. It will automatically donate a portion of the total sale to the charity of your choice (Child's Play, for example).

It's that simple. Make sure any links to your Amazon Wish List use the smile.amazon link. It doesn't cost anybody anything additional, and it helps people who could really use it.

Sadly, Amazon.ca doesn't have smile, which is bullshit.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

Same for Germany

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Nor the UK, seems it's a US-centric thing only. Which is a shame because it's a nice idea.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Amazon.ca is basically universally garbage.

• Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    I signed up!

Info:
    Games: I have an Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, and a gaming PC. I do prefer to play games on the couch in front of the TV though, so cross-platform games I favor the console versions unless the Steam version (my id is "dhsykes") is somehow vastly superior. I don't particularly care which platform I get games for between Xbox One and PS4, though I do tend to prefer PS4 simply because I have more friends there, and usually there are performance improvements. I own many, many games, if you are going this route and want to check whether I have something already, look at the Amazon wishlist, I'll make sure anything there is something I don't already own.

Clothes: I wear a Large shirt, though I usually don't like wearing the typical nerdy graphic tees out, and I already have enough clothes.

Books: I like sci-fi and fantasy. I'm not a heavy reader at all, though. Things I've enjoyed in the past include World War Z, Zombie Survival Guide, Dune, Hobbit & LotR, The Martian, various Asimov, Dick, and Bradbury works. This isn't a great category to gift from, unless it's some amazing thing I haven't heard or or that's taking the world by storm (like Martian, and before it, WWZ).

Movies: I love 'em. I've also seen a ton and own a lot. I like Action and Horror a bunch. Favorites include Terminator 2, Aliens, The Thing, Fury Road, John Wick, The Raid, Dredd, etc.

You can also totally surprise me if nothing above is helpful or you want to go a different route. Besides movies and games my other hobby is photography, and technology in general.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I'm going to sign up for this after work today!
    I'm pretty excited

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I need to fix my wishlist link to include smile when I get home.

Don't let me forget!

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Since I can't sign up I am happy to be available for imping duties.

Also...anybody know when they're gonna be doing Saints?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone is going to. I was considering setting it up myself.

• Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ceres wrote: »
    I set up my smile.amazon url when it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but didn't really have the time at the moment to consider which charity I wanted to go with.

I've decided on the Innocence Project charity, which helps to exonerate people who have been wrongfully convicted of a crime and sent to prison. This is done through DNA testing (which often involves a legal battle with the prosecutor to obtain permission to perform) and subsequent litigation. The tests themselves can cost thousands. I always knew the system was bad, but it wasn't until the series of recent LWTs that I realized just how solidly things are stacked against the convicted. It's unreasonable even for the guilty; the innocent deserve every last bit of help that can be scrounged in their defense.

I'd love to read about which charities people choose to support with smile, and why they chose it. Educate me!

Mine is the Southern Brazoria County Animal Shelter. It's where my family has gotten our animals for almost 20 years and it's where I got my awesome best friend of three years now, Finley.
    They were also a huge help when two of my sister's dogs got out the yard. One was found the next day, but the other turned up in that shelter 16 days later and they called her. They are inundated with animals, so I try to help out where I can, including the smile thing. And because I show him off everywhere, here's Finley.
    qk832w5xc5g1.jpg

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    #pipe wrote: »

Amazon.ca is basically universally garbage.

I'm always surprised hearing about how amazon is one of the biggest companies ever, but then I look at the american site and just see what you can get and it all becomes clear.