As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes of the Storm: Sale extended! Refer-a-Friend! Hero rotation increased!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I agree the AI at times it pants on the head or worse stupid
    I think sometimes it's programed to lose

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Leo is the one who really wants to fight cho'gall. W is going to be absurd damage, and his level 20 talent is going to make his auto attacks hit for 1000 damage.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Leo is the one who really wants to fight cho'gall. W is going to be absurd damage, and his level 20 talent is going to make his auto attacks hit for 1000 damage.

Cho can just crack him with his Q to disrupt the channel on Leo's W though, can't he? (I can't remember which head is which, the punch/charge with the .75s stun).

The auto's are gonna suck at 20 though.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Tychus' giant killer is lowered in power proportional to his attack speed. Its roughly the same as the rest but maybe a bit better? Still Illidan's is the best because he just has better ways to naturally attack fast (and has a pretty ridiculously fast speed anyway) and while I think his might be weaker its not enough.

But sure, throw Tychus in there. I wonder what a whole team of attack speed and % damage would be like, though.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

Cho can just crack him with his Q to disrupt the channel on Leo's W though, can't he? (I can't remember which head is which, the punch/charge with the .75s stun).

Leo's W is not a true channel. It cannot be interrupted. The only way to cancel it is to outrange it. And maybe Polymorph it, but I haven't played Brightwing in forever to confirm if she can stop it or not.

• InqInq Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

The Creepy Hand isn't a channel. It's just a damage over time with a range limit. Stunning Leoric has no effect other than to make it harder for him to keep you in range.

• DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    I could swear getting stunned stops Leo's W but maybe I am wrong

That's interesting... is falstads Lightning Rod the same then?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    I could swear getting stunned stops Leo's W but maybe I am wrong

there is a tiny window where you can be stunned out of the casting animation. but once it's on it's target it's unstoppable unless you kill him or break it with distance.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    Ok yeah that makes sense

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Hammer and Raynor are usually the heroes that consistently pick up Giant Killer, and even then it's not a 100% pick. All the other heroes with access to the talent face a pretty steep opportunity cost, so unless you're up against 2+ high-health heroes it's usually not worth picking up in exchange for the lost utility. Even Raynor faces a rough choice because one of the other options is a 50% extension to his Inspire uptime, which is an attack-speed increase for everyone in range.

Cho'Gall might be one of those heroes that makes GK a "mandatory" counterpick, but it's not like there is a huge glut of GK-only heroes out there to begin with.

Which btw, Cho is pretty freaking mobile what with his Q and Gall's speed buff, and talents to make the speed buff better and also "nudge" cho. So I think keeping him in range of Leo's drain will be awful hard. It's more realistic to worry about the ranged people plinking away at him from afar.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I installed this on the laptop last night and jumped in for the first time since beta. The World Champ streams pretty much sold it for me; outside of still not being comfortable with a FPS in Overwatch (but I'll still play it regularly).

So I'm having to start entirely from scratch. First gold purchase will likely be Tyrael, since I felt good with him in Beta. I tried Muradin last night and didn't really like it. I may still be missing a lot of abilities and info because I avoided the tutorials (and the free gold; that will change tonight) and jumped right into Quick Match.

I'll check the OP tonight for any kind of "beginner" info.

edited November 2015
    Tyrael is very strong in the current meta. If you want some tips on playing him, watch the Team Dignitas games from Blizzcon (except for their matches against Cloud 9. C9 banned Tyrael literally every game).

Athero is probably the best Tyrael player in the whole world. I know I certainly learned a lot from watching him play.

Lucascraft on
  • SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    I often take giant killer on Valla since at that tier she has options that don't tie in directly to her Q build.

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
    I need to try Tyrael again some day. I played him a bit early on but then in HL everyone was like "Tyrael is tier 2" so I stopped. But that has changed!

Mugsley wrote: »
    I installed this on the laptop last night and jumped in for the first time since beta. The World Champ streams pretty much sold it for me; outside of still not being comfortable with a FPS in Overwatch (but I'll still play it regularly).

So I'm having to start entirely from scratch. First gold purchase will likely be Tyrael, since I felt good with him in Beta. I tried Muradin last night and didn't really like it. I may still be missing a lot of abilities and info because I avoided the tutorials (and the free gold; that will change tonight) and jumped right into Quick Match.

I'll check the OP tonight for any kind of "beginner" info.

Don't forget to /join heroes of the wang

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's also worth noting that Gall is immune to major CC, which is a huge boon in teamfights since Gall can still shit out damage during something like a Divine Storm or Wailing Arrow. It does also mean that getting a stasis or maw on Cho'gall is extra valuable.

He's going to have an interesting impact on the meta, being a Kael or Jaina attached to a super warrior. Super excited for next week.

YL9WnCY.png
    I need to finish up level 10 on Artanis. I'm about halfway through 9 already. I've put a lot of games on him, and that bonus XP last week also helped. But my problem is that I feel like when I play Artanis everyone secretly resents me.

I wonder if Gall's nudge will work when Cho is CCed, allowing him to ruin many setups.

Like he could be nudged out of Mosh.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    In theory it should work when Cho is CC'd except for things like roots which disable most movement skills.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Tyrael is very strong in the current meta. If you want some tips on playing him, watch the Team Dignitas games from Blizzcon (except for their matches against Cloud 9. C9 banned Tyrael literally every game).

Athero is probably the best Tyrael player in the whole world. I know I certainly learned a lot from watching him play.

Gotta 2nd this. Dignitas's Tyrael play was insane.

There was one fight where Athero popped Holy Ground to lock someone out in THE SAME PLACE THREE TIMES IN A ROW. There may as well have just been a permanent Force Wall there, it was incredible.

Not sure vs who or what game this was? I think Na'Vi?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    I need to finish up level 10 on Artanis. I'm about halfway through 9 already. I've put a lot of games on him, and that bonus XP last week also helped. But my problem is that I feel like when I play Artanis everyone secretly resents me.

Sorry, did you feel like that was a secret? Our fault. We'll be more up front with our resentment. :-P

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

Gotta 2nd this. Dignitas's Tyrael play was insane.

There was one fight where Athero popped Holy Ground to lock someone out in THE SAME PLACE THREE TIMES IN A ROW. There may as well have just been a permanent Force Wall there, it was incredible.

Not sure vs who or what game this was? I think Na'Vi?

I'm pretty sure it was Na'Vi in the....second game?

edited November 2015
    Also I'm not at all surprised at Arthelon and Zuna being released from Tempo Storm. A little disappointed that Arthelon was included, but not surprised. He was one of their better players, though.

There was an article written a while back when the "news" first hit that there was internal team drama, both Arthelon and Zuna were pointed out as sources of the drama.

Here's hoping Tempo comes back strong in 2016 though.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    The match that Dignitas played on Blackheart's Bay was probably the best example, but honestly, all of their matches are worth watching if you're a Tyrael fan. Except of course their matches against C9. Because C9 was like "no thanks" on letting Athero have Tyrael. He's just too good.

edited November 2015
    Also I'm not at all surprised at Arthelon and Zuna being released from Tempo Storm. A little disappointed that Arthelon was included, but not surprised. He was one of their better players, though.

There was an article written a while back when the "news" first hit that there was internal team drama, both Arthelon and Zuna were pointed out as sources of the drama.

It's funny, because I remember watching an interview with Tempo about ~6 months ago (guessing) in which they attributed their success to picking up Zuna. They said he had that extra "pop" that they needed. And I guess his shot calling really helped? I dunno.

But I guess maybe his personality and the issues with him going full tilt and throwing matches was just too much in the long run. He's definitely a very skilled player, especially on melee assassins. But it also seems like he gets flustered very easily and just starts making bad decisions.

The first time C9 beat TS was because they figured out how to get Zuna flustered, and they basically just pushed him until he broke, and then he threw the game.

Lucascraft on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    In theory it should work when Cho is CC'd except for things like roots which disable most movement skills.

Mayyybe... Can a Stitches hook a friendly hero that is rooted?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    What role did Arthelon cover? Was he their healer or their flex player?

If he was their healer, I humbly offer my services to Tempo Storm as replacement healer.

It's funny, because I remember watching an interview with Tempo about ~6 months ago (guessing) in which they attributed their success to picking up Zuna. They said he had that extra "pop" that they needed. And I guess his shot calling really helped? I dunno.

But I guess maybe his personality and the issues with him going full tilt and throwing matches was just too much in the long run. He's definitely a very skilled player, especially on melee assassins. But it also seems like he gets flustered very easily and just starts making bad decisions.

The first time C9 beat TS was because they figured out how to get Zuna flustered, and they basically just pushed him until he broke, and then he threw the game.

Zuna got that skeleton skin murky.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular

If he was their healer, I humbly offer my services to Tempo Storm as replacement healer.

Arth was their flex player. Dread is the support/team captain.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    May have been more house drama than game play problems

When you live with your team in the same house and see them all the time you have to figure out how to get along without drama

I know we've been over the topic a couple times, but I'd like to take a different approach to forming a team.

To start let's not try to get 5 people at first. Let's just get as many as we get and let it grow as people come on board. I'm volunteering to do some legwork here to get it running and keep it going.

We need to practice and improve, and I think we can do that without having a full team. We just need to challenge each other during matches to improve. I'll also review matches and present the findings of what we did right and wrong. I want to keep it fun for sure, but educational so that we make sure we keep improving.

I don't know what kind of time commitment it would require from people other than myself. Let's figure that out based on what people are comfortable with. I play every day, sometimes just 1 match, sometimes 5. It would be OK miss a day, but I'd like to set a goal of having everyone together in a match every day.

Send me a private message if you're interested and I'll coordinate. I doubt we'll ever make it to the elimination rounds but I think it'd be fun trying!

edited November 2015

Arth was their flex player. Dread is the support/team captain.

Yeah, Arth was known for his amazing Kael/Sylvanas/Valla/Azmodan/WHATEVER ELSE play. He was definitely a jack of all trades and a very impressive player.

He posted this in a reddit thread today:
    It's been a year and a half with Dread Kaeyoh and So1dier. I will probably explain more later, but although this sorta paints me in a bad light, I did not want to play with the team anymore after blizzcon. I have one goal and that is to to be one of the best players on one of the best teams. 2016 i hope to pull that off! Best of luck to tempo, it was a hell of a ride.

And then someone asked him this:
    What I don't get is that you were one of the best players on one of the best teams. What made you decide that you couldn't do this with TS? Are you making your own team? Joining one of the teams you beat consistently? Outside of C9, what other team is there that could be the best NA team?

To which he responded with this:
    We were one of the best teams, but only because other teams hadnt become good yet, not that we were really good players. Ill be on a new team soon, none of the current sponsored teams or amateur ones though

So we'll definitely see more of him.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Supagoat wrote: »
    I know we've been over the topic a couple times, but I'd like to take a different approach to forming a team.

To start let's not try to get 5 people at first. Let's just get as many as we get and let it grow as people come on board. I'm volunteering to do some legwork here to get it running and keep it going.

We need to practice and improve, and I think we can do that without having a full team. We just need to challenge each other during matches to improve. I'll also review matches and present the findings of what we did right and wrong. I want to keep it fun for sure, but educational so that we make sure we keep improving.

I don't know what kind of time commitment it would require from people other than myself. Let's figure that out based on what people are comfortable with. I play every day, sometimes just 1 match, sometimes 5. It would be OK miss a day, but I'd like to set a goal of having everyone together in a match every day.

Send me a private message if you're interested and I'll coordinate. I doubt we'll ever make it to the elimination rounds but I think it'd be fun trying!

But then if you guys all make a team who will I play with :(

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Here's the Na'Vi vs. Dignitas game where you see the fantastic Tyrael play using Holy Ground. I skipped it to a particular team fight where he uses it several times in a row:

https://youtu.be/A5EQ2UvpWPE?t=1h24m17s

Edit: Errr, since the forums don't seem to support a time-skipped Youtube link, just forward it to 1h 24m 17s. =)

Inquisitor77 on
    edited November 2015
    Kai_San wrote: »
    But then if you guys all make a team who will I play with :(

If we're not 5 people then you'd be welcome aboard! I expect it'll take a while to get there, if ever. I think mostly being on the team would entail a more open discussion of how to improve. A sort of agreement not to get upset by being told they could do something to improve, and with a more active coaching on chat. We do that some on chat, but we play first and foremost for fun and don't have a good notion of how comfortable people are with criticism.

Supagoat on
    I would offer immediately, but my play schedule is horribly inconsistent. I would be a liability honestly. The only thing I could hope to do is be a backup fill in.

I do try to get on most nights. Its usually an every other night as I am alternating between this and Mario Maker.

So while we're on the topic of teams, I'll share a bit of my own experience with being on a team. This is just advice and/or things I learned while playing for a team that was trying to get competitive.

--The number one biggest challenge we had to overcome, on a weekly basis was getting people online
    --A set practice time needs to be established, and anybody who is an active member of the team needs to commit to being online during those established practice times
    --Full 5 man practices need to be a priority. Yes, you can practice with less. But if you're constantly relying on PUGs or alternates to fill your spot, you will never get good enough to compete. You gotta be able to rely on and know the play style of your 5.
    --A chain of command/authority needs to be established and followed. A team captain is not the same as a shot-caller. The shot-caller has the authority inside the match. And everybody needs to be on board and following the calls of the shot-caller, even if they think he's wrong. A team unified in following a bad call has a higher chance of success than a team that disobeys the shot-caller's calls.
    --Players need to be assigned roles, and those roles need to be strictly adhered to during official practice. If a person has character ADHD, they probably aren't a good fit for a team. Teams don't get good by changing roles all the time.

yay morales is free this week. wanted to give her a try.

though after all the brightwing i've been playing a super immobile support is going to be rough

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.