As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the Indie Games Thread is out! stretch goals to be delivered later.

TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
While the impending release of Fallout 4 looms over the industry, let's take a moment to disuss smaller games.

https://youtu.be/qVI-xFE5J8o

https://youtu.be/npjM5xsfMgM

https://youtu.be/xUZ_-bKTxZw

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    okay but when's the kickstarter

liEt3nH.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Nooooooo

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am absolutely baffled as to why Indivisible only has like a week left and still needs about half its funding. The game has a playable prototype for you to download, and the developer has already put out a product (Skullgirls and its DLC after the mess with Konami).

YL9WnCY.png
    1.5 million is a lot of money

Doesnt 750 mean they get another month though?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Nooooooo

Do you not like LiS or just think it doesn't need a sequel?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

There is no reason to make another Life Is Strange game

6F32U1X.png
    I mean, I feel the same way. I just wasn't sure how to read BD's reaction.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

They dont need to do anything more with those characters

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    They dont need to do anything more with those characters

They aren't?
    We've known that Dontnod wants to do a second season/sequel for a while now, with co-Game Director and Art Director Michel Koch stating that they'd probably use an all-new cast if there were to be a follow-up.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    It'll be a similar game I'm sure

teenager problems with some weird supernatural mystery

Given how much I love LiS, I'll play those as long as they make them

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    If it's a "sequel" in the sense that it's a new and separate adventure game in the same universe, I'm totally cool with that, because we need some real competition to Telltale and these guys can totally do that. Otherwise, I agree with everyone here that the specific story in LiS needs no follow-ups (and I haven't even finished it yet).

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Okay, it's more like a spiritual sequel.

I'm back on board.

IKknkhU.gif
    The first game is Degrassi and Twin Peaks

Alright, let's spin the Teen Drama + Weird/Sci-Fi wheels...

The OC

and...

Farscape

6F32U1X.png
    That said I'd actually love more chloe/max stuff, especially if it explored their relationship more

but it certainly doesn't *need* to happen, no

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    does life is strange end with a character saying "I guess life... is strange"

PNk1Ml4.png
    I dunno, but the new Tomb Raider had damn well better end with someone commenting "We've just witnessed the rise... of the Tomb Raider."

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I still can't fucking believe that the last line of sleeping dogs was "leave him be" and not "let sleeping dogs lie"

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    I still can't fucking believe that the last line of sleeping dogs was "leave him be" and not "let sleeping dogs lie"

I think this sort of thing has been joked about so much these days that devs are fuckin' scared of actually going for it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Imagine how much shit "forget it Jake, it's Chinatown" would get today

6F32U1X.png
    edited November 2015
    I love when dogs sleep with their tongues sticking out and also sometimes when my dog sleeps on his back with legs up, pawing the air

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I had a dog who slept with her tongue sticking out all the time and it would get all dry and weird and she'd get confused by it

Straightzi wrote: »
    I had a dog who slept with her tongue sticking out all the time and it would get all dry and weird and she'd get confused by it

I love when dogs seem to lose the concept of their bodies as a cohesive whole. Sometimes when I'd wrestle with my dog, he'd get confused and end up gnawing on his own leg, like Ed in The Lion King.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    god i hope this game gets made
    I am absolutely baffled as to why Indivisible only has like a week left and still needs about half its funding. The game has a playable prototype for you to download, and the developer has already put out a product (Skullgirls and its DLC after the mess with Konami).

Same reason it's hard to get funding for movies not based on established franchises or sequels. People are hesitant to invest in new things.

They're also asking for like, twice as much money as most crowdfunded games

Amplitude BARELY got across the finish line for half of what Indivisible was asking

6F32U1X.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    They're also asking for like, twice as much money as most crowdfunded games

Amplitude BARELY got across the finish line for half of what Indivisible was asking

Yeah, I mean, the two main reasons Broken Age got as much as it did were that a) it was fuckin' Double Fine back when they were everybody's darling developer and b) it was long before anyone was cynical about (and feeling burnout toward) Kickstarters.

IKknkhU.gif
    It is kind of frustrating to watch an indie gogo do everything right and still barely squeeze by

PNk1Ml4.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Kickstarter fatigue has definitely set in by this point.

They are asking for much, much more money than most people are used to seeing for a kickstarter

And people still have no idea hoe much it costs to make games

I feel like every day a new person on my facebook accuses a dev of being lazy for not doing something that would cost an insane amount of money

Today it turns out that bathesda has no excise to ever have any bugs because they have sooooo much money they can throw infinite testers at it

It didnt help that they were honest about when it was coming out

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    It seems like a case of expecting too much of your audience?

Like, I think they have all the eyes on Indivisible of the people that would want Indivisible

There aren't enough of those people to get them 1.5 million dollars

6F32U1X.png
    I'm gonna be honest, I was going to fund it until I played the demo

I feel bad but I'm not going to fund something I can't play

How much money do I have to give them to have them add feathers? I'm thinking of taking up donations.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I watched some folks play Moon Hunters at PAX. It looks pretty incredible, although I still am not quite sure what the whole premise of the game is. It looks like it maybe could be a roguelike?
    edit - Apparently Im terrible at inserting stuff in BB Code now and cant throw the link in

MrDoctorProfessor on
    noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    edited November 2015
    ph blake wrote: »

Actually $1,000,000.50 would be a much easier ask. WTH Lenny?

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    doko roko got funded yesterday
    all 30k of it

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
This discussion has been closed.