As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] for real

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    FO3 and NV are mechanically very similiar but the early writing and quest design in FO3 made me stop playing very fast and NV is my favorite game of last gen (but solely because of writing and quest design, not gameplay). I wish there were reviews that addressed 4 vs NV. My opinion on NV vs 3 is not that uncommon after all.

We get it

You've talked endlessly about it. Move on. There is nothing at all new you can say about your feelings on those two games.

And here you're richy rich but $60 to try fallout 4 and just support the franchise so maybe another comes out is beyond you.

Stop talking and just try it. You've wasted so many hours talking you could've played a bit.

Steam even has refunds. Just... Fucking do it. I do not understand you.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I just had a crazy intense 15 minute long building to building shootout with raiders and supermutants in FO4

the high end guns traveling merchant was getting attacked by them and I can't have adult tiny tina go down so I had to go balls out and actually confront the supermutants close up, all the while raiders are shooting at me, the mutants, and the merchant from the building across the street (and the fuckers wouldnt come out of cover, theyd fire out of windows)

ran into a legendary supermutant brute up top, killed him with all the bottlecap mines, got a laser pistol that freezes enemies in a block of ice on crits

also love the mishmash way armor turns out in this game
    jtbHypPl.png

override367 on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I get called miss all the time and it's whatever

Ms. too though on some emails

isn't Ms. default

It depends

It is mostly by software, I think? So it depends on if they coded NO HUSBAND -> MISS or MS FOR ALL or whatever. In person I get "Miss" a lot which is, yeah that's a common term of address for someone younger than you or whatever.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

As long as you're not getting ma'amed by your peers, things should be good.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Is there a point or need to make towns or use th crafting system, or are both ignorable?

You can ignore them but they're fun.

The way I would put it is "you can ignore them, but you won't".

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    builderr0r wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    I'm stressed and distressed. Fortunately I have this diablo 2 speedrun to distract me from existing for the next 11 hours.

But for reals I have been there and am kind of anxious myself, since ORAL PORTION OF QUALIFYING EXAM IN TEN HOURS FUCK

I hope you do great. In fact, I bet you will. 8-)

Hmm

How much do you bet?

I've gotta weigh this against the benefits of success

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    synthwave electric guitar go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKHRerwGXwU

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I threw a grenade through a window and a bunch of misc limbs soared out in a cloud of blood

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I get the feeling some people on the deck of the sinking titanic would find a reason to debate something banal.

Go live or move out of the way.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

isn't Ms. default

It depends

It is mostly by software, I think? So it depends on if they coded NO HUSBAND -> MISS or MS FOR ALL or whatever. In person I get "Miss" a lot which is, yeah that's a common term of address for someone younger than you or whatever.

i ask because i am sending a lot of emails out for work now where i don't know anything about them

and I'm like i think mrs. is rude if you don't know if they're married so i just go ms. or "good morning"

especially cuz a lot of these people i got no idea if they're Dr. either

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

isn't Ms. default

It depends

i ask because i am sending a lot of emails out for work now where i don't know anything about them

and I'm like i think mrs. is rude if you don't know if they're married so i just go ms. or "good morning"

especially cuz a lot of these people i got no idea if they're Dr. either

Oh if you have no idea and can't just say firstname or whatever (a lot of companies do this!) then Ms. is the most generic catch all thing

You'll occasionally bug doctors I guess but that's about it

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    But yeah miss MrMister I am sorry to hear shit is stressful. We should talk in like fourteen hours

c'est la vie

AND GOOD LUCK WTH YR EXAM!

• Options
    I threw a grenade through a window and a bunch of misc limbs soared out in a cloud of blood

How destructible are buildings wrt tossed explosives? X-COM destructible?

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

not even a little bit

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    I'm stressed and distressed. Fortunately I have this diablo 2 speedrun to distract me from existing for the next 11 hours.

But for reals I have been there and am kind of anxious myself, since ORAL PORTION OF QUALIFYING EXAM IN TEN HOURS FUCK

I hope you do great. In fact, I bet you will. 8-)

Hmm

How much do you bet?

I've gotta weigh this against the benefits of success

If you get caught betting against yourself, you will be banned from participating in post secondary education. You'll never get to be in the neurobiologist hall of fame.

same is true of doping.

Weiners don't do drugs.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward to playing FO4 soon.

After we get an Xbox One.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

not even a little bit

Booooo. A bundle of plasma grenades should leave a molten hole in a street.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    So this is a list of names:
    http://hastebin.com/raw/ovayuyalej

Why did I link a list of names, you ask?

Well, those are all the names that Codsworth in Fallout 4 knows:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpoQgaTazmc

omg I watched this for 3 minutes and it was worth

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    My favourite improvement to the guns is no more durability.

And with the new crafting system, there is no reason to keep extras about - just sell 'em or break them down. All mods are made from the same base components as everything else.

@spacekungfuman Fallout 4 is the best parts of Fallout with the frustrations removed.

I don't know what to tell you regarding story, though. I'm liking it, but it's Bethesda, and I was rather underwhelmed by New Vegas after all the sloppy blowjobs it got in [chat] so subjectivity, lol.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    phone is crashing to desktop whenever I try to open the dialing pad

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I have averted the potential anime crisis. I expect to be showered in medals and beautiful women and men.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Dang

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    they call me mr boobies

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

If you can, play it on PC.

The combat is so much improved and the precision of a mouse means I don't even use VATS anymore. I just shoot motherfuckers in the head.

• Options

Dell's got the best deal for Black Friday so far.
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/21/9582190/black-friday-dell-fallout-4-sale

• Options

it's not but I don't think it would improve my drug experiences. I require more things in this music.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    they call me mr boobies

Read this in Sidney Poitier's voice.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    So this is a list of names:
    http://hastebin.com/raw/ovayuyalej

Why did I link a list of names, you ask?

Well, those are all the names that Codsworth in Fallout 4 knows:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpoQgaTazmc

omg I watched this for 3 minutes and it was worth

I tried really hard but fuck that crying baby

• Options
    Booo!!!!!

I wanna anime

• Options
    honestly the thing I like most about fallout 4 vs the rest of the games is that its colorful

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Guuuuysss

my day suuuuuuuuuuuuucked

also my cat is still missing and I'm really sad :cry:

I'm so sorry about kitty. Put litter box and food outside. The litter is important to attract on smell. And we'll food cause your cat is fat.

I have two cats, but the one that's missing is the tiny one. She's a runt. Only four pounds and very small. Never goes outdoors. She's been gone for two days now.

:cry:

• Options
    God damnit thom

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

This is the libation for my consternation.

• Options
    honestly the thing I like most about fallout 4 vs the rest of the games is that its colorful

This mod removes some of the washing out the engine does:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40/?

• Options
    I am veeery tempted to get a new video card, and FO4, and force myself to love it.

1) I would be able to rock a tight hoodie.
    2) I could piss in SKFM's cheerios.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    a
    phone is crashing to desktop whenever I try to open the dialing pad

my old phone for a while had a bug where you could make and receive calls, except it wouldn't play any audio

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    they call me mr boobies

mr boobmbastic /
    super fantastic

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I'm going to bed. I miss you guys, I know I haven't been around much lately. Life is a jumble.

Good luck with the oral, Shiv

always rooting for you

This discussion has been closed.