As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

As cool as winter, as hot as summer[Harry Dresden]-Battle Grounds is out!

1373839404143»

Posts

  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    White Council/Harry
    Rereading stuff about the Starborn, and it doesn't say they are capable of stopping outsiders, iirc it says they can control Starborn.

    I really think him being kicked out is a Black Council plot. We already know they are cozy with the Outsiders (right? With the mordite?), so it would make sense if they are trying to ostricize the WC's best weapon against the Outsiders, and they may be hoping to turn him?

    Also, I finally started reading Side Jobs, and there is definitely a bit where Bob is talking about how being married to a Sidhe puts yourself under their control, and they can screw with your brain. I don't know that Mab is necessarily doing that to Harry (although would he recognize that? It is written from his perspective), especially with him pointing out how his effectiveness is tied to who he is. But I could also see the way that bond works being real concerning for everyone else.

    Am I misunderstanding who you are referencing?
    Harry is getting hitched to the White Court, not the Sidhe.

    To clarify
    You are correct about the future.

    However in the short story about Bill and Georgia's wedding, Bob says

    "He’ll be bound to her, the way the Winter Knights are bound to the Winter Queens. She’ll be able to impose her will over his. Change the way he thinks and feels about things."

    Bob's not wrong, but...
    I think he's only technically correct. Mab is able to give him tasks to complete, and he is duty bound to carry them out. That's definitely imposing her will on his, but not nearly as sinister as what it seems like Bob is saying. Plus the Maeve situation and the Hades heist had Harry being given direct orders by Mab, but being able to interpret them creatively in order to achieve Mab's (remarkably reasonable, all things considered) goals in a non-psychotic way. And changing the way he things and feels about things is rather overwrought too. The implication is that she'll be performing mind mojo, but when you look at what's changed with Harry and his take on Mab and Winter in general, the biggest impact was probably his visit to the Outer Gates. The next two were the death of Maeve followed by Peace Talks/Battle Ground. No mind-mojo involved, just hanging out and working with the person responsible for guarding all of reality, whose main tool is throwing her people into a meat grinder. Heck, even Molly is becoming slightly more sympathetic to the situation that Mab is dealing with. The message I got from the end of the Molly/Carlos short story was that Mab would absolutely love to have additional options for dealing with the Outsiders that doesn't involve child soldiers or any of the other stuff that Winter's 100% military activation would involve.

    Also
    It is also implied that she feels every death in winter. So not only is she throwing an army into the meat grinder, she feels every single one of them die and get injured.

    So I get her being cranky and when she says Molly isn’t ready to be Mab.

    GiantGeek2020Zibblsnrt
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    White Council/Harry
    Rereading stuff about the Starborn, and it doesn't say they are capable of stopping outsiders, iirc it says they can control Starborn.

    I really think him being kicked out is a Black Council plot. We already know they are cozy with the Outsiders (right? With the mordite?), so it would make sense if they are trying to ostricize the WC's best weapon against the Outsiders, and they may be hoping to turn him?

    Also, I finally started reading Side Jobs, and there is definitely a bit where Bob is talking about how being married to a Sidhe puts yourself under their control, and they can screw with your brain. I don't know that Mab is necessarily doing that to Harry (although would he recognize that? It is written from his perspective), especially with him pointing out how his effectiveness is tied to who he is. But I could also see the way that bond works being real concerning for everyone else.

    Am I misunderstanding who you are referencing?
    Harry is getting hitched to the White Court, not the Sidhe.

    To clarify
    You are correct about the future.

    However in the short story about Bill and Georgia's wedding, Bob says

    "He’ll be bound to her, the way the Winter Knights are bound to the Winter Queens. She’ll be able to impose her will over his. Change the way he thinks and feels about things."

    Bob's not wrong, but...
    I think he's only technically correct. Mab is able to give him tasks to complete, and he is duty bound to carry them out. That's definitely imposing her will on his, but not nearly as sinister as what it seems like Bob is saying. Plus the Maeve situation and the Hades heist had Harry being given direct orders by Mab, but being able to interpret them creatively in order to achieve Mab's (remarkably reasonable, all things considered) goals in a non-psychotic way. And changing the way he things and feels about things is rather overwrought too. The implication is that she'll be performing mind mojo, but when you look at what's changed with Harry and his take on Mab and Winter in general, the biggest impact was probably his visit to the Outer Gates. The next two were the death of Maeve followed by Peace Talks/Battle Ground. No mind-mojo involved, just hanging out and working with the person responsible for guarding all of reality, whose main tool is throwing her people into a meat grinder. Heck, even Molly is becoming slightly more sympathetic to the situation that Mab is dealing with. The message I got from the end of the Molly/Carlos short story was that Mab would absolutely love to have additional options for dealing with the Outsiders that doesn't involve child soldiers or any of the other stuff that Winter's 100% military activation would involve.

    Also
    It is also implied that she feels every death in winter. So not only is she throwing an army into the meat grinder, she feels every single one of them die and get injured.

    So I get her being cranky and when she says Molly isn’t ready to be Mab.

    Hence her request in Battle Ground
    for Harry to kill Molly should Mab fall. Not literally (mostly), but something needs to be done about Molly's empathic nature in order for her to be an effective Winter Queen. Literally killing Molly only being possible on Halloween.

    Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited March 17
    I'd been saving books up over the last two years to read. My job has a lot of downtime between calls and I tend to read e-books sometimes. So I hadn't yet red Peace Talks or Battle Ground. Welp, we started back in the office again full time last week and I just finished both.

    HO LEE SHIT. I wasn't expecting these kinds of events as a return to the series after Butcher's long break.

    They were both good books though. Peace Talks had a nice tight story that kept things rolling well. Battle Ground was just woah. Good stuff.

    cptrugged on
    MegaMan00138thDoeElvenshaeJayrichoGiantGeek2020NitsuatzeentchlingForaramateurhourjdarksunPenumbra
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Aren't we due for some more books soon?

    I just re-read the two short story collections, I think they are my favorites. It is so much fun to see the characters interact without having the pressure of an upcoming Apocalypse.

    ElvenshaeRingotzeentchlingMegaMan001Penumbra
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Was hoping there was news of say Butcher pulling a Sanderson and surprise, new book on the way sooner than expected. Drat.

    But yeah, last two books were pretty good. As usual. My only hang up with Battle Ground is:
    Murphy got done dirty instead of getting an upgrade. I hope that gets retconned like his Winter Knight powers and whatnot.

    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
    see317PolaritieMegaMan001PeenPenumbra
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I didn't finish Battle Ground, but man I remember Peace Talks being pretty damn awful as a stand-alone book. It needed Battle Ground to have any sense of narrative focus

    But I, too, am kind of anxious to see when Butcher pumps out his next Dresden book. I was pissed enough at Battle Ground to walk away halfway through, but I would like to see if Butcher can get my interest back

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    ShadowhopeMoridin889PailryderPenumbra
  • ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Peace Talks and Battle Ground were originally meant to be one book and it shows; the story got too big for a typical volume and Butcher had to Tetris in some filler to stretch what was probably 1.4 books' worth of stuff across two.

    He's usually really good at pacing; those are the only books of his where I remember it feeling really awkward.

    RingoGiantGeek2020amateurhourWhiteZinfandelMegaMan001Moridin889
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited March 17
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    Peace Talks and Battle Ground were originally meant to be one book and it shows; the story got too big for a typical volume and Butcher had to Tetris in some filler to stretch what was probably 1.4 books' worth of stuff across two.

    He's usually really good at pacing; those are the only books of his where I remember it feeling really awkward.

    He really really needed a lot more editing; I guess at some point the publishers just went "fuck it, print it". Really I get why it was done but most of the pre-peace talks subplots could have been dropped or left for another book. Especially since no one ever brings up
    "Hey these guys are duplicitous shitheads that tried to bomb the last treaty meeting they went to"

    Marcone knows this. There's just no reason someone should have been able to drive up gank his staff like that without resistance.

    Then the first bit of Battle Ground before he arrives in Chicago proper could also have been dropped

    Phoenix-D on
    Pailryder
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Was hoping there was news of say Butcher pulling a Sanderson and surprise, new book on the way sooner than expected. Drat.

    But yeah, last two books were pretty good. As usual. My only hang up with Battle Ground is:
    Murphy got done dirty instead of getting an upgrade. I hope that gets retconned like his Winter Knight powers and whatnot.
    Yeah... that one's tricky. And yeah she needs to come back somehow.

    Also, Harry hasn't don't time travel yet so that card's still on the narrative table.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Nitsua
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Something I just noticed in Peace Talks…
    The first death is the king that cursed the Cubs. Based on the timeline, PT/BG is pre-2016. Nice job by Butcher getting out of that one.

    Murphy’s future
    Taken to be an Einherjar, sure. But a Valkyrie seems a lot more appropriate. Not sure if that’s possible, though.

  • ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Cards on Harry's narrative table
    On the one hand, time travel violates the Sixth Law.

    On the other hand, given Harry's life, his family history more broadly, and the Laws' importance to the setting, I would be deeply, deeply stunned if Butcher didn't manage to get Harry into at least one substantial fix involving each of the Laws by the end of the series. I mean, he's morally obligated to be mean to Harry at this point and adding another 1-6 White Council capital offenses would certainly complicate his life. (1-5 depending on how charitable they feel about his literally passing through the Outer Gates, should they ever find out about that one..)

    Also I think his GAF tank is getting pretty empty again as of the Battle of Chicago. Harry's been a serious true believer in the Laws of Magic for most of the series, but I wonder if being considered an enemy of the White Council - to say nothing of being bolted to an increasingly awkward number of Courts - is going to start that fraying around the edges. I mean, he expressed willingness to bust out the Darkhallow to nuke Mavra if needed at one point, and that was back before he was spellcasta non grata and shackled to a mantle that encouraged expediency...

  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Violence, not expediency. The mantle definitely wants to take its time to savor its pleasures

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    Cards on Harry's narrative table
    On the one hand, time travel violates the Sixth Law.

    On the other hand, given Harry's life, his family history more broadly, and the Laws' importance to the setting, I would be deeply, deeply stunned if Butcher didn't manage to get Harry into at least one substantial fix involving each of the Laws by the end of the series. I mean, he's morally obligated to be mean to Harry at this point and adding another 1-6 White Council capital offenses would certainly complicate his life. (1-5 depending on how charitable they feel about his literally passing through the Outer Gates, should they ever find out about that one..)

    Also I think his GAF tank is getting pretty empty again as of the Battle of Chicago. Harry's been a serious true believer in the Laws of Magic for most of the series, but I wonder if being considered an enemy of the White Council - to say nothing of being bolted to an increasingly awkward number of Courts - is going to start that fraying around the edges. I mean, he expressed willingness to bust out the Darkhallow to nuke Mavra if needed at one point, and that was back before he was spellcasta non grata and shackled to a mantle that encouraged expediency...
    IIRC Word of Butcher says that Harry will, at some point in time, have violated all of the laws of magic, which means a time travel book is guaranteed

    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    GiantGeek2020ElvenshaeShadowhopeDracomicronMegaMan001EvilOtakuMoridin889tzeentchlingPailryder
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    Cards on Harry's narrative table
    On the one hand, time travel violates the Sixth Law.

    On the other hand, given Harry's life, his family history more broadly, and the Laws' importance to the setting, I would be deeply, deeply stunned if Butcher didn't manage to get Harry into at least one substantial fix involving each of the Laws by the end of the series. I mean, he's morally obligated to be mean to Harry at this point and adding another 1-6 White Council capital offenses would certainly complicate his life. (1-5 depending on how charitable they feel about his literally passing through the Outer Gates, should they ever find out about that one..)

    Also I think his GAF tank is getting pretty empty again as of the Battle of Chicago. Harry's been a serious true believer in the Laws of Magic for most of the series, but I wonder if being considered an enemy of the White Council - to say nothing of being bolted to an increasingly awkward number of Courts - is going to start that fraying around the edges. I mean, he expressed willingness to bust out the Darkhallow to nuke Mavra if needed at one point, and that was back before he was spellcasta non grata and shackled to a mantle that encouraged expediency...
    Zero chance he ever uses the Darkhallow.

    I do believe Butcher has said he intends to have Dresden break every Law by the end of the series though?

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Raiden333GiantGeek2020ElvenshaePailryder
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Honestly I just want to skip to the book that spells out what the deal with Cowl and Kumori is so they stop eating 75% of the fan speculation field.

    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    GiantGeek202038thDoeMegaMan001webguy20CidTheSquidNitsuaRingoPailryderPenumbravalhalla130
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well, it has been a year and a half. Granted, two books almost back to back was nice, but that was an “I’m sorry” for a vaguely half decade break.

    It’d be nice to get the next one this year, but I’m managing my expectations to be more like 2023.

    Given that there’s supposed to be another half dozen or so case files, followed by a big apocalyptic trilogy, we’re starting to get on GRRM scale timelines of “at this rate, even if he makes it to 90+, I’m not confident Butcher finishes the story before he shuffles off this mortal coil”. Oh, plus the other franchises he’s working on, the short story complications, graphic novel side bits, etc.

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    GiantGeek2020
  • ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    Cards on Harry's narrative table
    On the one hand, time travel violates the Sixth Law.

    On the other hand, given Harry's life, his family history more broadly, and the Laws' importance to the setting, I would be deeply, deeply stunned if Butcher didn't manage to get Harry into at least one substantial fix involving each of the Laws by the end of the series. I mean, he's morally obligated to be mean to Harry at this point and adding another 1-6 White Council capital offenses would certainly complicate his life. (1-5 depending on how charitable they feel about his literally passing through the Outer Gates, should they ever find out about that one..)

    Also I think his GAF tank is getting pretty empty again as of the Battle of Chicago. Harry's been a serious true believer in the Laws of Magic for most of the series, but I wonder if being considered an enemy of the White Council - to say nothing of being bolted to an increasingly awkward number of Courts - is going to start that fraying around the edges. I mean, he expressed willingness to bust out the Darkhallow to nuke Mavra if needed at one point, and that was back before he was spellcasta non grata and shackled to a mantle that encouraged expediency...
    Zero chance he ever uses the Darkhallow.

    I do believe Butcher has said he intends to have Dresden break every Law by the end of the series though?
    Sure, but it was still him saying in complete earnest that yes, there are Legal lines he's willing to skip over if pushed.

  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Any updates on the new series or did covid kill it

  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Per the Dresden Files fandom wiki:

    The Sixth Law of Magic states that Thou Shalt Not Swim Against the Currents of Time, forbidding time travel, with the purpose of avoiding the paradoxes due to any attempt to change the past through temporal manipulation.

    RAW leaves a rather obvious loophole.

    And Piece Talks was pretty awful. No flow, half-assed plot, and a good 25% of the text was spent dwelling on wanting to bone Lara Raith. Which technically should be a spoiler except she's basically in every novel at this point, so "Dresden interacts with Lara and much ink is wasted on how hot she is" is like saying water is wet.

    Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Per the Dresden Files fandom wiki:

    The Sixth Law of Magic states that Thou Shalt Not Swim Against the Currents of Time, forbidding time travel, with the purpose of avoiding the paradoxes due to any attempt to change the past through temporal manipulation.

    RAW leaves a rather obvious loophole.

    And Piece Talks was pretty awful. No flow, half-assed plot, and a good 25% of the text was spent dwelling on wanting to bone Lara Raith. Which technically should be a spoiler except she's basically in every novel at this point, so "Dresden interacts with Lara and much ink is wasted on how hot she is" is like saying water is wet.

    Yeah Murphy got done wrong and I didn't like the Justine part, but whatever.
    I hope Time Travel reveals who it was in the car who tried to run Harry off the road like ten books ago.

    It should be himself!

    Cowl is DuMorne and Kumori is his old girlfriend? What's her name? Ellen?

    I've read every book four or five times and I cannot remember her name and I refuse to look it up.

    I don't know her name but I know she's got coltish legs whatever the fuck that means.

    I am in the business of saving lives.
    Ringo
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Per the Dresden Files fandom wiki:

    The Sixth Law of Magic states that Thou Shalt Not Swim Against the Currents of Time, forbidding time travel, with the purpose of avoiding the paradoxes due to any attempt to change the past through temporal manipulation.

    RAW leaves a rather obvious loophole.

    And Piece Talks was pretty awful. No flow, half-assed plot, and a good 25% of the text was spent dwelling on wanting to bone Lara Raith. Which technically should be a spoiler except she's basically in every novel at this point, so "Dresden interacts with Lara and much ink is wasted on how hot she is" is like saying water is wet.

    What's the loophole, that you can travel to the future? Because I can already do that. =)

  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Per the Dresden Files fandom wiki:

    The Sixth Law of Magic states that Thou Shalt Not Swim Against the Currents of Time, forbidding time travel, with the purpose of avoiding the paradoxes due to any attempt to change the past through temporal manipulation.

    RAW leaves a rather obvious loophole.

    And Piece Talks was pretty awful. No flow, half-assed plot, and a good 25% of the text was spent dwelling on wanting to bone Lara Raith. Which technically should be a spoiler except she's basically in every novel at this point, so "Dresden interacts with Lara and much ink is wasted on how hot she is" is like saying water is wet.

    What's the loophole, that you can travel to the future? Because I can already do that. =)

    Which I like to think is why it's specifically worded like that. But seriously:
    I believe someone or other mentioned that Murphy would be taken off to wherever and only brought back as an Einherjar or whatever far enough into the future that she wouldn't run into anyone she knew or the like. So there's like that.

    Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
    Heffling
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Per the Dresden Files fandom wiki:

    The Sixth Law of Magic states that Thou Shalt Not Swim Against the Currents of Time, forbidding time travel, with the purpose of avoiding the paradoxes due to any attempt to change the past through temporal manipulation.

    RAW leaves a rather obvious loophole.

    And Piece Talks was pretty awful. No flow, half-assed plot, and a good 25% of the text was spent dwelling on wanting to bone Lara Raith. Which technically should be a spoiler except she's basically in every novel at this point, so "Dresden interacts with Lara and much ink is wasted on how hot she is" is like saying water is wet.

    What's the loophole, that you can travel to the future? Because I can already do that. =)

    Which I like to think is why it's specifically worded like that. But seriously:
    I believe someone or other mentioned that Murphy would be taken off to wherever and only brought back as an Einherjar or whatever far enough into the future that she wouldn't run into anyone she knew or the like. So there's like that.

    Pretty sure it was Gaard so pretty reliable.
    Of course if things keep escalating I can see them letting her back in early because when the gods are taking the front lines and mortals know what's up who even cares anymore.

    GiantGeek2020ElvenshaeMancingtomDracomicron
  • GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Per the Dresden Files fandom wiki:

    The Sixth Law of Magic states that Thou Shalt Not Swim Against the Currents of Time, forbidding time travel, with the purpose of avoiding the paradoxes due to any attempt to change the past through temporal manipulation.

    RAW leaves a rather obvious loophole.

    And Piece Talks was pretty awful. No flow, half-assed plot, and a good 25% of the text was spent dwelling on wanting to bone Lara Raith. Which technically should be a spoiler except she's basically in every novel at this point, so "Dresden interacts with Lara and much ink is wasted on how hot she is" is like saying water is wet.

    What's the loophole, that you can travel to the future? Because I can already do that. =)

    Which I like to think is why it's specifically worded like that. But seriously:
    I believe someone or other mentioned that Murphy would be taken off to wherever and only brought back as an Einherjar or whatever far enough into the future that she wouldn't run into anyone she knew or the like. So there's like that.

    Pretty sure it was Gaard so pretty reliable.
    Of course if things keep escalating I can see them letting her back in early because when the gods are taking the front lines and mortals know what's up who even cares anymore.

    Well there is
    a time when people will get to see Einherjaren again regardless of living memory.
    So I figure Murphy will figure into the last 3 books pretty heavily.

    DracomicronShadowhope
  • ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Murphy is also famously
    tolerant of people, institutions and systems telling her what she may and may not do, so if she makes an appearance again over the series there's every possibility that Harry won't be the instigator.

    GiantGeek2020DracomicronElvenshaeMancingtomPailryder
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    It's always interesting to see people's opinions on Dresden stuff. I, honestly, don't get a lot of IRL feedback on Dresden books in my circle.

    The only book I thought was genuinely not good was Cold Days. But otherwise the series has been pretty consistent to me. With big amazing hits here and there where I just cheer, cry, or both throughout.

  • AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Isn't Butcher going through some personal stuff again? We probably won't get more Dresden for quite a while...

  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    There’s a short story coming out in a month or so. Toot’s POV.

    Excerpt: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/611814/heroic-hearts-by-edited-by-jim-butcher-and-kerrie-l-hughes/

    ElvenshaePenumbraGiantGeek2020Jayricho38thDoejdarksun
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Ugh, I don't think I want that. Toot is a walking traumatic brain injury, unless this is a chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot pie scenario, I'd rather be on the outside looking in.

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Ugh, I don't think I want that. Toot is a walking traumatic brain injury, unless this is a chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot pie scenario, I'd rather be on the outside looking in.
    In #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher’s “Little Things,” the pixie Toot-Toot discovers an invader unbeknownst to the wizard Harry Dresden . . . and in order to defeat it, he’ll have to team up with the dread cat Mister.
    I think I'd vastly prefer to read that story from Mister's point of view.

    Atlas in ChainsPhoenix-DDracomicronRingoElvenshaetzeentchlingZibblsnrtCptHamilton
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Ugh, I don't think I want that. Toot is a walking traumatic brain injury, unless this is a chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot pie scenario, I'd rather be on the outside looking in.
    In #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher’s “Little Things,” the pixie Toot-Toot discovers an invader unbeknownst to the wizard Harry Dresden . . . and in order to defeat it, he’ll have to team up with the dread cat Mister.
    I think I'd vastly prefer to read that story from Mister's point of view.

    Unfortunately, Mister is a cat.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Ugh, I don't think I want that. Toot is a walking traumatic brain injury, unless this is a chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot pie scenario, I'd rather be on the outside looking in.
    In #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher’s “Little Things,” the pixie Toot-Toot discovers an invader unbeknownst to the wizard Harry Dresden . . . and in order to defeat it, he’ll have to team up with the dread cat Mister.
    I think I'd vastly prefer to read that story from Mister's point of view.

    I also want the sequel to the aeronaut’s windlass.

    GiantGeek2020AkilaePolaritiePailryderElvenshaeBanzai5150HefflingtzeentchlingJayrichoDevoutlyApatheticwebguy20see317MazzyxLeeksTofystedethMegaMan001MancingtomCptHamilton
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    NOT AN UPDATE, NO NEW BOOK DETAILS

    So I was musing on the Dresden Files and hoping y'all could help me with a SPOILER, ALL BOOKS request

    Who are the characters with multi-book appearances who have died?

    My list so far, HUGE SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS:
    Seriously, death spoilers
    Name - Book death - number of books lived
    Carmichael - Fool Moon - 2
    Bianca - Grave Peril - 3
    Quintus Cassius - Dead Beat - 3
    Madrigal Raith - White Night - 2
    Lash - White Knight - 3
    Kirby - Small Favor - 9
    Peabody - Turn Coat - 5
    Donald Morgan - Turn Coat - 11
    (The Blue Beetle) - Changes - 12
    Martin - Changes - 8
    Susan - Changes - 12
    Corpsetaker - Ghost Story - 7
    Ace - Cold Days - 11
    Lily - Cold Days - 11
    Maeve - Cold Days - 11
    Deidre - Skin Game - 11
    Murphy - Battle Ground - 17

    Who am I missing?

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Pailryderjdarksun
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Was hoping there was news of say Butcher pulling a Sanderson and surprise, new book on the way sooner than expected. Drat.

    But yeah, last two books were pretty good. As usual. My only hang up with Battle Ground is:
    Murphy got done dirty instead of getting an upgrade. I hope that gets retconned like his Winter Knight powers and whatnot.
    Yeah... that one's tricky. And yeah she needs to come back somehow.

    Also, Harry hasn't don't time travel yet so that card's still on the narrative table.
    Ringo wrote: »
    NOT AN UPDATE, NO NEW BOOK DETAILS

    So I was musing on the Dresden Files and hoping y'all could help me with a SPOILER, ALL BOOKS request

    Who are the characters with multi-book appearances who have died?

    My list so far, HUGE SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS:
    Seriously, death spoilers
    Name - Book death - number of books lived
    Carmichael - Fool Moon - 2
    Bianca - Grave Peril - 3
    Quintus Cassius - Dead Beat - 3
    Madrigal Raith - White Night - 2
    Lash - White Knight - 3
    Kirby - Small Favor - 9
    Peabody - Turn Coat - 5
    Donald Morgan - Turn Coat - 11
    (The Blue Beetle) - Changes - 12
    Martin - Changes - 8
    Susan - Changes - 12
    Corpsetaker - Ghost Story - 7
    Ace - Cold Days - 11
    Lily - Cold Days - 11
    Maeve - Cold Days - 11
    Deidre - Skin Game - 11
    Murphy - Battle Ground - 17

    Who am I missing?
    The billy goat curse fae, PT. 1 side story and then flying head so it's questionable
    Hendricks, BG
    Did the WC senior who gets wacked early on appear before that?

    Pailryder
Sign In or Register to comment.