As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]The CW Thread (No Yayas Allowed)

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Fargo.

Bokeem Woodbine.

All the awards.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Jessica Jones (up through episode 10)
    man, it was disappointing enough that officer blanderson even survived the explosion, but now I have to suffer through a inane 'roided-out loose cannon' subplot too?

Coinage on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Jessica Jones (up through episode 10)
    man, it was disappointing enough that officer blanderson even survived the explosion, but now I have to suffer through a inane 'roided-out loose cannon' subplot too?
    yeah, that was pretty obvious when the plotline ended on a cliffhanger.
    it's too bad, I'd be happy never seeing that actor again in anything

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Timothy Olyphant just showed up on The Grinder. This show keeps getting better and better every week. Watch it, you dweebs.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Timothy Olyphant just showed up on The Grinder.

Many gay people just had their excitement dashed by that E

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    God i love Limitless

TECH TALK

I like how his dad's character is developing.
    Over/under on number of episodes til he's killed?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Man, the editing and graphic design on Limitless is soooo on point.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Super surprised to hear this massive audience turnaround on Limitless

Gotta get on that, especially as someone that actually really enjoyed the movie

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I dug the movie

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Survivor thoughts:

Steven, my man, you absolutely do not need to be this vocal about your butt troubles

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Counterpoint, Butt stigma causing people to not get butt problems checked out til it's too late is a huge problem!

Free the Butt!

Buttpinions!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You better believe that if I'm on national TV, I'm going to tell people about my butt.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Super surprised to hear this massive audience turnaround on Limitless

Gotta get on that, especially as someone that actually really enjoyed the movie

I've never seen the movie, but I'm loving the series. Should I check it out?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It's not perfect.

In limitless Bradley cooper was a next generation super genius.

Here, Brian just seems super smart?

It's a cop show that tries to have fun, and I like it for that though.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The overall feel of the show is different than the movie. The show is very goofy and fun where the movie was all serious.

• Options
    I don't know
    I thought the movie was pretty goofy

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't know

Not nearly as goofy as the show though.

• Options
    That's fair, I haven't seen it

• Options
    Well then shut your hole!

• Options
    Also... Watch it. It's really good.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It shows the exact inner workings of an fbi office.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    It shows the exact inner workings of an fbi office.

It's amazing how accurate it is.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm told that the real FBI offices do have a Headquarters, only it's got a question mark rather than an explanation point.
    No-one knows why.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I don't know

it was goofy as hell (plus also a bad movie) but it definitely wanted you to think it wasn't

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    I'm told that the real FBI offices do have a Headquarters, only it's got a question mark rather than an explanation point.
    No-one knows why.

A question mark where

• Options
    Maybe that's what I'm trying to say. The show embraces the goofiness while the movie tries to hide it.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Limitless is a good show
    17-limitless_02.nocrop.w529.h316.jpg

• Options
    I love how they put that in the commercial for the episode and it was literally a complete throwaway end credits scene.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So during this year's MST3K Turkeyday Marathon Joel is doing some bits about the new show and they have the two bots with their new voice actors and the guy doing some stuff. The Crow sounds really good but I'm having a hard time telling which is Servo and which is that Jonah guy. They sound really similar.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Master of None is making my day

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Just saw an ad for the return of Galavant and my mood was instantly elevated.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    So during this year's MST3K Turkeyday Marathon Joel is doing some bits about the new show and they have the two bots with their new voice actors and the guy doing some stuff. The Crow sounds really good but I'm having a hard time telling which is Servo and which is that Jonah guy. They sound really similar.

Tom not having a really distinctive gravitas-laden voice throws me off. He just sounds like some guy.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    iZombie is weapons-grade charming, gonna have to really tuck into this today

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I just mainlined season 1 of izombie and jumped right into Veronica Mars, now on season 2

my week has been quite plucky and dogged

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    One of these days I'll watch Veronica Mars season 3 and movie
    One day

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    One day

I couldn't make it through season 3, but I still intend to watch the movie

Season 3 wasn't bad, but it felt kinda... toothless. That show was unafraid to get raw, and give things real weight and heft, and 3 lost sight of that. To me, anyway. Some folks like it more than I do.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Wasn't the first big arc of season three about hunting down a serial date rapist

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    One day

I couldn't make it through season 3, but I still intend to watch the movie

Season 3 wasn't bad, but it felt kinda... toothless. That show was unafraid to get raw, and give things real weight and heft, and 3 lost sight of that. To me, anyway. Some folks like it more than I do.

the 2nd half of season 3 is much better than the first, and in particular the season 3 finale is pretty easily one of the best episodes of the entire series.

But yeah, it meanders quite a bit getting there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.