As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]The CW Thread (No Yayas Allowed)

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I think a lot of the stuff in the finale was set up by conversations and plot points from previous episodes, but even then, some of it felt a little sudden given what had happened in the episode right before that. There is some great stuff in that finale, though, and it's stuff I definitely didn't expect to see coming in to the show, even with a decent idea of what Aziz Ansari likes to talk about.

But yeah, Mornings and Old People were two pretty goddamned great episodes.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Some of the stuff in the finale was a little clunky
    Like the privileged nature of "solving all my problems by moving to another continent" was weird to me

And also that Dev said he's going to "pasta-making school"

Like, bro do you mean culinary school?

I don't think Italy has entire schools about pasta

If it was for the audience's benefit, that's a real weird lack of faith that people would get it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Like the privileged nature of "solving all my problems by moving to another continent" was weird to me

If it was for the audience's benefit, that's a real weird lack of faith that people would get it

I think the idea with that latter part is that
    he's jumping into something he really doesn't know dick about

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE NEXT SEASON OF NEW GIRL

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

Apparently it is a thing: there's a few but I'm linking this one for it's web design.
    http://isacookinpadua.altervista.org/pasta-making.html

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I approve of this thread title.

Limitless is absurdly good, also it has Colin Salmon *swoon*

I DIDNT KNOW WATLER STEEL AKA OLIVER QUEENS STEP DAD WAS THE BADASS TEAM LEADER FROM RESIDENT EVIL

sorry about caps but after much self reflection, i stand by them as they relay my emotional state at learning this particular tidbit.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    The #1 show I want is the adventures of Peggy Olson and Sally Draper, just being badasses.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hi I just got half way through person of interest season 3 and fuck everything

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

January, I think

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    This X-Files episode about a corporate AI gaining sentience is adorable.

Early-90s computer predictions are hilarious 100% of the time

Or the video game character that became self aware and started murdering people in some VR simulation.

And then they have to confront her in the game while trying to stop her.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Super early XFiles has them driving through the super huge mountains in Iowa and I couldn't stop laughing. I mean I know it's hard when everything is filmed in Canada but just find a corn field or some pigs on some flat land and you are like 90% of the way to an accurate representation.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

I legit love this episode
    Possibly because I love that William Gibson managed to become the father of cyberpunk while knowing absolutely nothing about computers

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular

Person of Interest is a show that truly is not afraid to shake shit up like it's a damn paint mixer.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Possibly because I love that William Gibson managed to become the father of cyberpunk while knowing absolutely nothing about computers

He wrote Neuromancer on a typewriter.

Of course, considering the man's prose style is maybe the best of anyone alive today, I wouldn't be inclined to resent it if he claimed that computers were 'a kind of advanced toaster oven' powered by 'the bitter disappointment of children'.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

He wrote Neuromancer on a typewriter.

Of course, considering the man's prose style is maybe the best of anyone alive today, I wouldn't be inclined to resent it if he claimed that computers were 'a kind of advanced toaster oven' powered by 'the bitter disappointment of children'.

...are they not?

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Yeah, I go around eating icecream in front of kids before telling them they can't have any, just so I can run games on higher settings.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular

January, I think

This is horseshit, I'm tired of waiting for season 4 on netflix! Ugh! And the worst part is the only season 4 episode I've seen is the totally stupid and unfunny crystal meth one! UGH!

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    zooey deschanel was pregnant thats why New Girl got pushed to midseason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UGH!!!!

• Options
    And she's being replaced by Megan Fox for 6 episodes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    it's weird, since they filmed a few episodes when they finished filming season four to get out ahead of this a little

I imagine they think, at this point, its audience is going to be there for it whenever it airs, so they can play with their schedule a bit???

it does suck that they're holding season 4 back from netflix for so long, there are some episodes from last season I definitely want to watch again

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

January, I think

This is horseshit, I'm tired of waiting for season 4 on netflix! Ugh! And the worst part is the only season 4 episode I've seen is the totally stupid and unfunny crystal meth one! UGH!

There's so many people who loved that episode when it aired. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it broad and dumb.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    John Mulaney's new special is pretty good

• Options
    First episode of With Bob & David is terrific

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    I answered Bale's poll with Bob & David, but I watched Mulaney first. I AM A FILTHY LIAR

That was a real good special though, I enjoyed it a lot

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    John Mulaney's new special is pretty good

As good as New in Town, or should I temper my expectations.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    I'm not sure whether I love these Bob & David opening credits or am absolutely terrified by them

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    David Hasselhoff has changed his name to David Hoff because he desperately wants some headlines, any headlines

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure whether I love these Bob & David opening credits or am absolutely terrified by them

tumblr_m635vzR3UQ1qemz6qo1_1280.jpg
    Yes, this all checks out

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    were you as baffled as I was by the random revelation that Reece was apparently in love with Carter

• Options
    were you as baffled as I was by the random revelation that Reece was apparently in love with Carter
    I was but Ms Chilla said she'd seen it coming for like a whole season. So I must have just missed some subtext.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Was that explicitly stated or was it infered. Its possible i missed it some how but now i have to rewatch season 3.

• Options

Was that explicitly stated or was it infered. Its possible i missed it some how but now i have to rewatch season 3.
    Uh pretty explicitly yes. He kisses her and says "you saved me"

• Options

Thats interesting, because i didnt interpret it that way. I guess it makes sense that is what they ment, but having several platonic, non romantic opposite and same sex friends that are intimate with me and each other, well i didn't read it as love.

I saw it as a thank you kiss.

If I can squeeze it in i will watch the season again.

• Options

Thats interesting, because i didnt interpret it that way. I guess it makes sense that is what they ment, but having several platonic, non romantic opposite and same sex friends that are intimate with me and each other, well i didn't read it as love.

Uh I mean maybe you guys's relationships are different but if I kissed a female friend on the lips there is pretty much one interpretation

cheek/forehead, sure

• Options

Uh I mean maybe you guys's relationships are different but if I kissed a female friend on the lips there is pretty much one interpretation

cheek/forehead, sure

Nah i understand, my BFF's family does similar stuff with their kids and it was unusual for a while.

These friends grew up in same type of environment and i was surprised that it was more common than i thought. I'm use to it now.

We are all very close though. that's important to note.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Yeesh, Alan Sepinwall does not like Into the Badlands

I'll still check it out, we don't always agree. I just really wasn't expecting negative buzz on this one

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I thought the teaser they put out looked crazy cheesy, and that was the fighting, so if it's bad in between fight scenes, definitely not going to be my cup of tea.

• Options
    That fight was utterly fantastic

Unless there's only like one an episode in sure ill like it

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    there are precisely 2-3 fight scenes per ep, according to young master sepinwall

f2ojmwh3geue.png
This discussion has been closed.