As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout 4. Explore the Commonwealth Wasteland with Roachie!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    As powerful as a melee build it, I miss gunshots.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    id miss suplexes more

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Wait

Tell me about suplexes

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    well, they have their own city

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Whippy wrote: »
    Wait

Tell me about suplexes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ61A75WWTM

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HOW DO I DO THIS

TIME TO START A NEW CHARACTER

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I just learned that you can open bathroom mirrors after an unknown number of hours in the game :|

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    How do I suplex?

• Options
    edited November 2015
    its one of a few rare unarmed finishers (others being things like neck snaps) when initiated as a sneak attack from behind either up close with the heavy attack button or from vats

it's the only reason i'm playing melee this game

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Wait

Tell me about suplexes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ61A75WWTM

I fucking love how seamless and natural looking it is in this one.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    just visited the glowing sea and that place is depressing as FUCK

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Blah, Fallout 4 seems to keep locking up at random times for me. Boo.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Just had a terrifying moment (uuuuh, further than Diamond City should be enough, synth related):
    Just came out of clearing some rando building full of ferals and I see a man walking down the straight towards us. VATS him and it's Preston. Huh, wonder what's up and why he's so far from Sanctuary Hills? You're supposed to be guarding the homestead, yo.

Walk up to start the conversation and he says "hey, you came around at just the right time. We haven't met before, but my name is Preston Garvey" to which I immediately hip-fire some 6 shots into him.

I was already hip to synth hijinks, but then got really scared when looting him because there weren't any synth parts.

Fortunately Presto was back at Sanctuary. I mean, I already have the buddy perk so it wouldn't have been a huge loss, but for a moment there I thought that I gunned down a bro and was genuinely distressed.

Good job, game.

• Options
    Is there a difference between melee and unarmed now?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The best use of the Junk Jet is to mod the flaming attachment onto it, so it sets junk you shoot on fire

And then put all those teddy bears to work

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular

They are seperate and both have different finisher animations

There are two perks right at the top of the str tree to but im not sure if the finsihers are nlbased on str (hope not). The perks cover all melee weapons and umarmed ones as well

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    i think the finishers occur if the stealth hit would have one shot them anyway

they seem to always happen if you sneak right up to their butts and use a heavy attack, and rarely/randomly out of vats

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Wait

Tell me about suplexes

Suplexing people so their head explodes in RE4 is why Leon Kennedy will always and forever be the best RE character.

Wait, we're NOT talking about Resident Evil?

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Yes, and unarmed currently doesn't work with the ninja perk, fyi.

Unarmed = brass knuckles, power fist, deathclaw claw.
    Melee = everything else.

• Options
    Boxing Glove is unarmed, too

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    There are some items and equipment that only affect melee damage as well.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Red Glare resulted in me losing Hancock and I don't know where to find him. He's not in Sanctuary or in the Goodneighbor town hall that he used to hang out in. I need him back, he has all my fusion cores and my Silver Shroud costume! How can I get him back? Willing to use console to do it, but can't find how to spawn him in because my Google-fu sucks.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Just had a terrifying moment (uuuuh, further than Diamond City should be enough, synth related):
    Just came out of clearing some rando building full of ferals and I see a man walking down the straight towards us. VATS him and it's Preston. Huh, wonder what's up and why he's so far from Sanctuary Hills? You're supposed to be guarding the homestead, yo.

Walk up to start the conversation and he says "hey, you came around at just the right time. We haven't met before, but my name is Preston Garvey" to which I immediately hip-fire some 6 shots into him.

I was already hip to synth hijinks, but then got really scared when looting him because there weren't any synth parts.

Fortunately Presto was back at Sanctuary. I mean, I already have the buddy perk so it wouldn't have been a huge loss, but for a moment there I thought that I gunned down a bro and was genuinely distressed.

Good job, game.
    Met him early on, He said he'd give me minutemen protection if I paid him caps, I told him he got Preston's hat wrong and just sent him running away.
    What a nice young fellow.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »

Good job, game.
    Met him early on, He said he'd give me minutemen protection if I paid him caps, I told him he got Preston's hat wrong and just sent him running away.
    What a nice young fellow.

holy crap thats awesome! never had that happen to me

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Dunwich Borers was the first time I had real performance issues with the game(on PS4). I honestly thought it was going to crash but luckily it never did, just some real stuttery FPS in places.

Oh and here's an unrelated cool thing about the Wilson Atomatoys Headquarters (spoiler for after you go there). Note this is not the Factory which is way down south. I haven't been there.
    Arlen Glass is still alive (he lives at The Slog, east of Greentop Nursery) and you can give him a recording of his daughters voice that he hasn't heard in 200 years and he gives you the birthday present he was going to give her before the bombs dropped and oh my it got dusty in here all of a sudden

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

Makes me think the Capital Wastelamd didn't get hit all that bad. Glowing sea has to be ground zero for a bomb right?

• Options
    I can't get a good video of it but you can totally pickpocket a grenade onto someone and then suplex the shit out of them

exploder suplex up in here

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have a quest marker at Malden Center Station, and I have no idea why. (It isn't for the Eddie Winter holotape.)

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »

Makes me think the Capital Wastelamd didn't get hit all that bad. Glowing sea has to be ground zero for a bomb right?

There is a nuclear weapons testing facility out there that would presumably have been a target.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Did you grab a bounty off the bounty wall? Those seem to be just "clear (X) out of (y)" quests.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Can you only do cool melee moves from stealth?

I never see anything in a normal fight.

That sucks if so. I wanted to make a cool wrestler lady who just runs into battle and tosses people around.

• Options
    I can't get a good video of it but you can totally pickpocket a grenade onto someone and then suplex the shit out of them

exploder suplex up in here

good enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFM2LkBN4Vc

(imagine Jean Luc Picard in the Grognak Costume)

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

That sucks if so. I wanted to make a cool wrestler lady who just runs into battle and tosses people around.

I think there are still melee "finishing moves" that happen when you make the final hit on an enemy's health. I was doing the bar brawl in a particular quest and on one of the guys at the end I kind of grabbed him and punched him in the head a few times before he fell over. All in first person.

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

Nah, Chet Roughjaw regularly disembowls people with the Deathclaw Gauntlet and is never in stealth

I think there are a few animations that only play in third person though

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I've noticed that I'm using power armour a hell of a lot more, now that I have my X-01.

My power armor is my "No, fuck you" option

Camp of raiders giving me trouble? Not anymore, because fuck you

I don't know if you've found a suit of x-01 yet but it is way better than any of the other stuff. Like, I launched a mini-nuke about five to ten feet in front of me and barely took armour damage.

Deacon needed a stim, sure, but I was fine.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    2015-11-26_00001_zpsvp2llvsa.jpg

My new favorite use for the tons of Power Armor I have. Sculpture.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I need to get some better power armor already

Tromping around in T-45D that I've upgraded from the initial set

Then again I just started this character last night

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So, either Bethesda has stealth patched the caps glitch, or that's a thing that was included in the beta patch I enrolled in (to help my crashing issues), because I haven't been able to pull it off recently.

Not a huge deal, since I have ammo and drug stocks in my inventory that double as cash, anyway, but still.

jnij103vqi2i.png
This discussion has been closed.