As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] 3 minute stamina, CO-OP mode, ranking mode

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I always make it past Sopdet, keep getting killed by Medjed. Too many dungeons to play right now and not enough stamina.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i feel like if you can awaken a card it almost always a no brainer unless you have something max skilled or team cost issues

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    Managed to get the new ranking dungeon down. Go go Urd! I hit 63%... I just need some tamadras.

What is your team makeup and levels/awakenings/slevels etc. please.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    i feel like if you can awaken a card it almost always a no brainer unless you have something max skilled or team cost issues

Eh. Many Awoken forms change up how you play and weaken the original method of the card. Shiva, Amaterasu, Yomi, and Haku all make major sacrifices, for example.

• Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Managed to get the new ranking dungeon down. Go go Urd! I hit 63%... I just need some tamadras.

What is your team makeup and levels/awakenings/slevels etc. please.

Urd, Urd, chibi caocao, chibi hera-ur, and Nim, with a hypermax Urd friend. My team has less than 250 +eggs all together. No awakenings in the dungeon. caocao is max skill level and one of the Urds is skill level 3 or 4.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    What are the best leads for each color (assuming monocolor teams)? Or best leads in general. I wanna check if I have any of them.

• Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Eh. Many Awoken forms change up how you play and weaken the original method of the card. Shiva, Amaterasu, Yomi, and Haku all make major sacrifices, for example.

I don't regret awakening Anubis, but I sure do wish he kept his Attacker typing. I guess an orb changing Devil/Attacker with high rcv and and a reasonable skill delay would've been too much. Would've been great for Satsuki though.

Still have plans for her. Rainbow attacker didn't work, but a light/dark hybrid team might. At the very least, she'll be a sub on the dragon variant of my Donia team.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    What are the best leads for each color (assuming monocolor teams)? Or best leads in general. I wanna check if I have any of them.

depends who you ask

kali/kirin
    urds
    shiva
    callers

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I have DKali but I know she's more sub material. I have Verdandi but is she inferior to Urd? I have two bikini Urds (one evolved, one not) that I've never used. Should I be making a team with one of them?

• Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

depends who you ask

kali/kirin
    urds
    shiva
    callers

A. Ra, A. Amaterasu, A. Bastet

Really, the Egyptian, Hero, Norse, and Chinese Pantheons are all strong for either leads or subs.

As to relative strength of Verdandi/Urd/Skuld, that boils down to your available sub pool more than anything else.

TravelingMatt on
    PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Walked into the ranking dungeon with my Athena team. I am not a smart man.

• Options
    none of the leaders will beat a dungeon on their own.

if you have a lot of strong green that verdandi is great, fire than urd. either will take you pretty far

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

if you have a lot of strong green that verdandi is great, fire than urd. either will take you pretty far

Anubis would like to have some words with you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Anubis would like to have some words with you.

Anubis won't do it on his own either, you have to hire a pro player to do all your moves

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular

When I awoke Shiva, it took me a few runs to get my brain around the fact his active no longer eliminates all armor. His awakening also boosts RCV *way* more than I originally thought.

Amaterasu, I didn't have long enough to use in any of her other forms; but I know others used to love her Attacker form.

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    I still use her attacker form on my Superman team. Her active is never up by the time I finish the dungeon, but nice stat stick with good color matching.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Yeah, there are flavor of the moment leads, but it really depends on your subs. Like, D.Meta will still obliterate even though she's 'old'.

I went looking for info about Mechanical Star teams and it seems like the theorycrafting is still in it's infancy.

• Options
    I still have Attackerasu. Honestly I'm not sure that her new form really helps in the current meta that much. Are healer teams even a thing right now?

• Options
    I still have Attackerasu. Honestly I'm not sure that her new form really helps in the current meta that much. Are healer teams even a thing right now?

I have all three Amaterasu's. I only use Awoken and it's for silly things like Rainbow Keeper, Metal Supers, anything mindless really. I don't have strong enough subs to make a descend worthy team but I am sure they exist.

• Options
    I hate Zaerog

• Options
    edited February 2016
    New Year's Machine is live~~~
    ....according to Facebook

Ah, Monday according to the dungeon announcement

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I like A.Ama's skill enough that I'm willing to pump Shynpys into it. Good heal + bind clear + haste? Yes please.

Ugh, it's killing me that I'm still having reception problems at work. Need to get some Star Vault time on my alt account.

Did Ult Urd go Live in US yet? I may have missed it if it has.

• Options
    Nah. Neither did Baal. Sucks.

• Options

I have all three Amaterasu's. I only use Awoken and it's for silly things like Rainbow Keeper, Metal Supers, anything mindless really. I don't have strong enough subs to make a descend worthy team but I am sure they exist.

I actually have a pretty decent stable of healers, but nobody is using them as leads anymore except the old Ama+GrOdin combo. I have all of one friend using L. Meta. Any other healers are the combo healers who are healers as an afterthought.

• Options
    i use LZL sometimes on my one account for farming basic stuff

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    If I sold a bunch of my GFEs and other monsters I could get YomiDra.

Hnnnng.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Just wait, he'll come around again in a few months

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    My green team is Verdandi, Elize, ADKZ, Armadel and King Woodsie. Other notable green mons I have are Awoken Meimei and Parvati, UEvo Perseus, Summer Sonia, UEvo Vishnu, GrOdin and Phact.

https://www.padherder.com/user/Izonami/monsters/

I probably have enough for an OK shadow team and good water team, I just need to actually learn how to synergize mons together. I understand good stats and skills in a vacuum but turning them all into a functioning group is still.. lacking.

Also PAD Listener never seems to get my cards exactly right. Doesn't update some of them for some reason. Also hates deleting shit I no longer have.

Magus` on
  • Options
    Maybe
    verdandi
    Meimei
    Perseus
    Sonia
    Elize
    Though if you had a enhancer you can easily get an all wood board

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

nevermind, see your response now.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    I just 0 stoned the 99 stam evo monster invasion. That's a tough dungeon. I had active come up 1 turn before KoG would have used hand of destruction. Sooo close

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    16 Dragon Plants farmed up from yesterday, about all my box can reasonably hold. Now I start farming up some pengdra to force feed them to. Kali is now at 49 and Artemis at 47, so they're up first for evolutions to help reduce the massive overstock of evo mats. Though I'll need to run the dungeon today for some Dub-Ems.

If you can grab a high level friend and make your way through Floor 5 of the Challenge dungeons, you get a Light Snowglobe. At level 25, it gives 2M XP to off-color and 3M XP to on-color when you feed it. It would be worth using to get either your Kali or your Artemis up and running that much faster.

Wow that's a lot of XP, but I think I'm alright for now as I'd rather pull my own weight in stuff like that. I have Kali in her 2nd Form and Artemis as well, with the option to Ult Evo Artemis into her Wood/Light form. Or I can wait until I can nab a Mystic Green Mask (2, since Michael gets the first one for his Ult Evo) and Devilit for her Wood/Shadow Ult Evo with more stats and awakenings. I have MP, maybe I should look into spending some.

• Options
    Maybe
    verdandi
    Meimei
    Perseus
    Sonia
    Elize

Armadel is wood enhance, if I am to understand what that means. The team I gave can get full wood, all enhanced with balance x3 damage but it takes forever to have the skills up.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    So how's the elemental resist awakenings work in coop - do both players' add together? Can I be invulnerable to two atts in this way?

How about 4 Cereses? 94% damage resist?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Maybe
    verdandi
    Meimei
    Perseus
    Sonia
    Elize

Armadel is wood enhance, if I am to understand what that means. The team I gave can get full wood, all enhanced with balance x3 damage but it takes forever to have the skills up.

Pretty much sonia+Perseus then enhance. Full board full enhance is something stupid damage increase then add in rows.

Though Elize could be nice since it's a quick turn orb change.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    I CANNOT beat Cauchemar and it's driving me fucking crazy. All I can do is heal him and whenever I DO manage enough combos to get some damage through it's after he's perma-bound 4/6 of my team. NNNNNNGNHGHHHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH

• Options
    Same but got lucky

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Maybe
    verdandi
    Meimei
    Perseus
    Sonia
    Elize

Pretty much sonia+Perseus then enhance. Full board full enhance is something stupid damage increase then add in rows.

Though Elize could be nice since it's a quick turn orb change.

Beat Endless Corridor with this. No stone though, I guess.

• Options
    Woohoo tamadra dungeon today. Got Apollo fully awoken now. I really need to use the dungeon and the coin dungeon version instead of buying them with MP. I have like 140k points. I probably should have closer to 180k.

• Options
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    I CANNOT beat Cauchemar and it's driving me fucking crazy. All I can do is heal him and whenever I DO manage enough combos to get some damage through it's after he's perma-bound 4/6 of my team. NNNNNNGNHGHHHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH

Think that's bad? On my last attempt he survived my attack with a sliver of health. I managed to kill him despite that. I went to padx to check if he had perseverance. Guess what? That invalidated that run even though I was already on the clear screen.

I beat him on the next run, but it was a slower time. Fucking unbelievable.

This discussion has been closed.