As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] 3 minute stamina, CO-OP mode, ranking mode

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    well the vote is for what people want in the godfest not for ultimate evo's so why not kirin

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to decide if I want to vote for the Yomi train, or wait until the last or second-last day and vote for one of the Gods who is on the bubble.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Over 50% more people want Neptune than Horus. Just let that sink in.

• Options
    50% of people are terrible

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I equate people who vote for Neptune with those who voted for Jessie Jackson back in the 80s and 90s.

"This'll be funny! Let's vote for him!"
    ".....he fucking won??!?!?!!"

[Yes, this is part of an Eddie Murphy comedy routine]

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Stupid Zhou Yu needing to be level 70 to evo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    I was surprised about that also. Ran the blue supers a few times the other day and went to feed them to see Zhou Yu will be level 53 instead of max level.

My problem is I need 4 green Keepers, 3 Rainbow Keepers, 1 blue keeper, & 6 dub-mythlit. Which I have 0 of all of them... at least today is Tuesday and I will remember to run the dungeon.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about getting Awoken Sakuya ASAP anyway. Might as well wait for a 2.5x skill up event and maybe save a py or 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Beat Zeus Mercury for the first time. Had to one-stone it due to the green binds though.

• Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Stupid Zhou Yu needing to be level 70 to evo.

i just need the evo mats now

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about getting Awoken Sakuya ASAP anyway. Might as well wait for a 2.5x skill up event and maybe save a py or 2.

Just evoing her ate all my white orbs, if my sup rate with red trifruits is any indication, it'd take years to SUp her with orbs

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I voted for Kaede just to help make sure she stays inside the top 30 since Kanna is already locked in safely.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Regarding the new Journey to the West descend: fuck the new Journey to the West descend. 150 stamina down so far, and I haven't gotten past floor 3. :(

• Options
    Suggested teams in PADGuide are surprisingly vanilla. A lot of flavors of RoBu teams. Zhu Baije does a 99% pre-empt; then follows up with a 100% HP hit if she's below 50%. Sha Wujing has Resolve unless you get him below 75%; but he hits like a truck every round.

On the surface, some sort of Fire team should do okay on the dungeon; but you'll definitely need an Echidna. Bastet team should be okay, if you bring some solid heals (Parvati?).

If you're just farming Xuanzang for A. Haku, then just run Legend until it drops.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Bring izanami and the whole thing is pretty easy.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    What got me was floor 2's 99% preemptive, after which you really want to sweep... but then floor 3 has a 10k damage preemptive. Ugh. So I want to kill and heal in one turn, which means I want Bastet (since my other teams have low RCV), but then floor 2 is fire-element, and it's difficult to stall for skills on floor 1 and aaaaaggggghh

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Floor 2 doesn't hit that hard above 50%

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I just recently got back into this game probably two weeks ago. I'm at Rank 40ish... And I've hit a roadblock. It's the Tower of Flare dungeon. It requires me to have just the right orbs in order for me to finish a level but generally speaking I just get stomped on them. I've resorted to running Castle of Satan over and over and over again to gain some ranks.

Any suggestions on what I can do? I have a few monsters from the FF Collab that recently ended.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    iirc that's the first actual introduction of a high defense boss, if it's the last floor you're stuck on
    ifrit's got 35.7k defense but only 74 hp, if you bring along something that has poison, or does a set amount of damage (you may have a mystic mask sitting around, especially with the evo material pal machine running currently) you'll take him down instantly

aside from that, depends on your guys, who have you been going in with - if you have an attacker team you could waltz in with a moonbeam fang witch lilith friend and pretty much just win

and, for low rank grinding, i highly recommend tower of giants->dragons of the tower during the weekend

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Who is Jayson@PA that plays every day but is still somehow rank 85? I must know.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @JaysonFour I think.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yea that is him

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I voted for lubu...doesn't look like he's going to make it though :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    CUJkqlLUsAAnkJv.png

Okay, now I'm really glad I put Rozuel on my Urd team.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    just realized they added the ult set in. didn't see it on the updated card thing on PADZ. I need that cat dragon skillup thing for him and osiris in an dungeon.
    also a million tamas

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Awoken Thor is also live. Glad I don't have any use for him, because Indigo wouldn't come cheaply for me...

• Options
    Tama Infestation today, so you can get some of what you need, @mts

@urahonky assuming you're team cost limited, and without checking team comps; you're going to have to keep grinding for ranks.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    So I just got Ronia to +297, though I still need a Darkness Orb to get her finished evolving. I'd rather not use MP on it, but if a 2.5x skill event happens at the same time red dragon fruit skills her up, I feel like I'd have to..

As for the next max plus monster, I was thinking Verdandi? She's already max evolved and even has a few skill levels.

• Options
    1) Roll the PEM like crazy. I've already received something like 4-5 orbs of varying colors since the machine switched to Evo mats. [RNG is RNG blah blah]
    2) Pick whichever next monster you use the most. Ideally it should be a leader, so that you get more people adding you as their friends. Try to farm some more green fruits today for your Verdandi.

• Options
    That's what I thought. I think the problem is that my team has ~8000HP and the bosses hit for something like 3800 each. So each boss I can get hit at most 3 times before it's game over. It makes it impossible to make it through them.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    1) Roll the PEM like crazy. I've already received something like 4-5 orbs of varying colors since the machine switched to Evo mats. [RNG is RNG blah blah]
    2) Pick whichever next monster you use the most. Ideally it should be a leader, so that you get more people adding you as their friends. Try to farm some more green fruits today for your Verdandi.

Have been. Have multiple orbs of other colors, just no darkness one. I'm gonna revamp my teams after I roll in the PCGF.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    That's what I thought. I think the problem is that my team has ~8000HP and the bosses hit for something like 3800 each. So each boss I can get hit at most 3 times before it's game over. It makes it impossible to make it through them.

The best help you can get for this is to find a friend with auto-heals (Amaterasu, Green Odin, Parvati, [Ceres?]), or farm up/skill up/awaken a Siren. Depending on which one you use, you can get 500-2000 HP auto heals as long as you make at least one match.

• Options
    edited November 2015

This is actually how the game tends to progress -- you really can't take many hits (unless you build a team specifically designed to tank, which certainly is possible). The usual approach is to put out enough damage to kill everything lickety-split.

As for grinding ranks, there's a special dungeon coming tomorrow that gives a metric crap-ton of rank experience. You can only clear it once, but it should give you another 12 ranks or so.

Billmaan on
  • Options

What is your team? What good monsters do you have?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sorry I should have opened with that. The team that made me clear a couple more dungeons is:

Leader: Lv 36 Chaos (#2052)
    Lv 28 Emperor of Palamecia (#2053)
    Lv 24 Neo Exdeath (#2056)
    Lv Max Super King Sapphire Dragon (#618) <-- Not exactly the best, but his skill to turn Wood/Heal into Water has saved me on more than one occasion.
    Lv 17 Fat Chocobo (#2051) <-- Skill has a heal so I've been relying on that, but I will have to look into getting a Siren leveled up.

• Options
    I'm noticing a trend. :P

• Options
    Yeah I started right at the tail end of the FF Collab and every one of them were better than the garbage I started with.

• Options
    You'll get there. Any stones you get save for the upcoming Player's Choice Godfest.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    What friend leaders have you been using

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    A majority of the people that show up to choose from have the same group of Leaders that I use.
    Magus` wrote: »
    You'll get there. Any stones you get save for the upcoming Player's Choice Godfest.

It's hard because I have like no inventory space and hate when I finish a level and have to sell/fuse every single time. I'm down to 2 after pulling on the FF Collab twice (only walking away with Vivi).

This discussion has been closed.