As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] You can safely store junk in your settlement. Tips for the OP? @ me!

jdarksunjdarksun StrugglerVARegistered User regular
edited November 2015 in Games and Technology
12451817_f260.jpg

What Is Fallout?

Fallout is a post-apocalyptic RPG franchise, with the first titles developed by Black Isle back in the early 90s. Fallout and Fallout 2 are turn-based isometric games with thematic roots in Mad Max & spaghetti Westerns, while Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Fallout 4 are first person shooter/RPG hybrids developed by Bethesda (except FONV, which was Obsidian) & full of more modern pop-culture references. Survival is a strong narrative note throughout the franchise, although these are not really survival games; you do not need to consume food/water or refine blocks of wood into planks.

With Fallout 4's recent release, this OP is going to be devoted to Tips, Bug work arounds, and Fun Stuff from that game specifically. Feel free to comment on any part of the franchise here, just realize that Fallout 4 is currently the new hotness and is dominating the discussion.

Tips from the community:
Moridin889 wrote: »
Don't know if anyone mentioned it but switching weapons auto reloads the previous gun. Useful for big guns.
Bobble wrote: »
VERY early free SPECIAL point (not a story spoiler)
Go find the SPECIAL book in your son's bedroom after you leave the vault. Free skill point! Spend it wisely.

Dogmeat can equip a few items! Give him a bandana or some welding goggles and you can manually tell him to 'equip' them from the trade window.

Spoilered for size from here out, no actual spoilers.

Settlements
  • Local Leader Perk (Charisma 6)
    • -Rank 1 allows supply lines, which means you can share the workshop inventory between two settlements (ie, all of that steel in site A can be used to build in site B. Connecting site C to site B makes it one shared pool of stuff). Once you have the perk, you establish a supply line by selecting one of your residents from one of the settlements while in the Workbench mode and one of your options will be 'Supply Line.' Once you've got that going, you can view your supply lines on the map by hitting a button (C or Q on PC, I forget)
    • -Rank 2 allows you to build shops and workbenches. Shops will generate passive income based on the population of the settlement. Haven't had the chance to play with these much yet, but others may know more.
  • Don't worry about placing walls/floors to match the foundation of that house you just scrapped. If you lay your floor or prefabs down first, you can snap the walls to those and it should fit pretty easily.
  • However, you can place walls wherever you want. So you can absolutely fence in your entire settlement if you want to. The walls can be annoying when they snap to each other, and especially when trying to do this on hills. Where I can't make a direct connection, I at least use smaller objects to block entry.
  • The game advises you to keep the defense rating of a settlement at least as high as the combined food+water production. Failing that, you'll be an easier target and see more attacks on the settlement.
  • There are magazine racks (under shelving) and a Bobblehead stand you can place to hold your shit.
  • The scavenging bench needs someone assigned to it, and then it will generate components for crafting
  • Tip for keeping track of which settlers you've assigned to a job: Give them either a hat (which they'll probably equip) or a single piece of ammo as a marker. Anyone without the hat still needs a job!

Power Armor
  • The individual parts on your armor take damage and eventually break. When they break, you're not longer getting their benefits, but you don't lose them. Repair your power armor at your settlement (need a power armor station). It's pretty damned cheap to repair (mostly steel, maybe circuitry on the torso/helm).
  • Power Armor can be stolen! Someone reported that a raider actually jumped into his suit and he was unable to recover the frame with the raider dead inside (ie, he could loot the individual parts, but couldn't use the actual power armor). Consider removing the fusion core when you're not using a suit.
  • That also works the other way: your enemies can't operate their power armor without a fusion core. Pickpocket the core and voila, easier target.
  • Watch your hp. You might be taking some damage even if the suit's still trucking along. The HP shows on the dial on your bottom left, but I found the companion app on my phone was actually kind of handy for this too (and keeping track of how full my inventory was).
  • Apparently fusion cores will sell for their full price value, even if they're 99% depleted. An empty fusion core is simply ejected from the suit, so swap yours out when it's almost done and you can sell it.
  • The fusion cores last a little longer than you might think, and if you're like me and scrounging in every nook and cranny, they're more common than you might expect. Don't be afraid to use the damn thing

Modding/Crafting
  • Adhesive is used in fucking everything with crafting. Thankfully, you can cook 'Vegetable Starch' which gives five adhesive per item. You'll need mutfruit, corn, tatos and purified water. The vegetables you can plant at your settlements, and dirty water can be condensed at cooking stations to make purified. If there's another way to get water I haven't seen it yet, so I advise you don't use water to restore hp unless it's your last resort.
  • There is a 'tag for search' option while you're crafting things that will mark stuff out in the world. So if you have aluminum tagged, that TV dinner tray will have a magnifying glass next to its name. Try it out.
  • Tag for search is a little wonky from the crafting bench, but if you view your junk in your pipboy there is an option of 'component view' and that's a little easier to work with.
  • Remove any nice mods from weapons before scrapping the weapon (edit: IF YOU WILL USE IT, don't just do this willy-nilly and waste adhesive). You can swap mods in and out instead of having to craft the mod every time.

Legendary enemies and loot
  • Legendary enemies drop cool shit. Kill them.
  • Oh, more? OK. If you see one at the end of a 'dungeon' or whatever, you can come back later and they should be there. However, if you bump into one out in the wild, that's probably a random spawn and you either kill it now or it's gone. (reported. Haven't seen confirmation from others)
  • Those Legendary weapons will have random properties, kinda of like legendary items in Diablo 2/3. Example: A rifle that does more damage as the night goes on and less in the day, or a pistol that uses 25% less AP in VATS, or a melee weapon that does more damage when your health gets low.
  • You can modify them! Just take the mods off of your old 10mm pistol and slap them onto this legendary one and voila!

ini tweaks for PC users to potentially improve performance:
ben_bot wrote: »
For those having performance issues on PC, this worked wonders for me. Blurry textures much less often and little to no more random stuttering.
From Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sdyu7/the_old_ini_tweaks_still_work/

I played around with my fallout.ini a bit, and it seems like all of the following still work (they go under [General]):
uInterior Cell Buffer=12
uExterior Cell Buffer=144
bUseThreadedBlood=1
bUseThreadedMorpher=1
bUseThreadedTempEffects=1
bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1
bUseThreadedAI=1
bUseMultiThreadedFaceGen=1
bUseMultiThreadedTrees=1
iNumHWThreads=8
iPreloadSizeLimit=524288000
Hi everybody, hi!

I wanted a way to make sure that I didn't leave a location without grabbing any magazines or bobbleheads in the area, so I made this thing.

I hope it helps some of the rest of you as well. Let me know if I need to change/update anything for accuracy.
I made this checklist. Location info is from a random site I found just searching for the locations.

The intent is that when you collect something, you put a 1 in the first column, which adds to the totals at the top of each section. Also with sheets like this, I like to highlight the row and change the color to bright green or whatever to show that you collected it.
Bobble wrote: »
For adhesives, I recommend y'all get some overalls and a straw hat and start farming corn, mutfruit and tatos. Also, horde purified water.

Then go check your cooking station.
timed food buffs are real world time, not in game time

ive had radstag carry bonus on for multiple in game days, which makes it much less worthless
Marslo wrote: »
A list for materials and where to find them. Right here. You can craft oil in the chemistry lab under utility.

Settlements share junk, but nothing else. Each settlement that generates a resource, like food or caps, will place it resource in the misc tab of the workshop.
hippofant wrote: »
Crafting gives you XP! So don't forget to cook and chemistry your way to higher levels. (Especially after a certain quest loads you up with a ton of drugs.)

(Some?) companions can wear power armor. Just issue them a Go command like you normally would, but point at the Power Armor. Apparently, they do not deplete the fusion core either. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGnIyVn41Cs)
OP tip: Ammo types available are based on level. If you are wondering why you can never find an ammo type at vendors you problem aren't the correct level. There are random set spawns and small chances for them to spawn on vendors early but once you get the proper level they start appearing more regularly at both vendors and in boxes.
PLA wrote: »
TalonZahn wrote:
If you want to get into a locked house, find and open window and use a piece of furniture inside.

You can sit on a chair and it will pull you inside the house, where you can then unlock the door.
Kaneski wrote: »
Settlements tip: You can move people between settlements. It's easier to take care of 4-5 high-pop settlements than 2 people everywhere. The settlers with unique names generally cannot be moved - so make those your high-pop settlements. To move people: once you have access to workbench, go into build mode and select "Move" (default: R i think) when highlighting a settler.
Elendil wrote: »
So clothing and outfits are upgradeable. Potentially very highly. Naturally it's locked behind a random ass sidequest for one particular faction because where else would you put it
railroad. Jackpot quest from Pam. Talking to the tinker guy opens the upgrades up.

On the bright side, it potentially seems available pretty early. Should make early game a lot less rough on other play through

Exactly which clothing is upgradeable seems largely random because why not

of course a newsboy cap can be armored and not a beret

(Warning: Spoilers for the Minutemen faction)
Some very good info! Maybe for OP even! But possibly a spoiler for a cool feature, y'know?
Demi Gourd wrote: »
The mod below adds about 110 new objects to build and place in settlements. Enjoy. I0 think this would be good for the OP.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1145/?#

There is a quest that allows you to modify more clothing pieces, but it's somewhat obscure and easy to miss. Here's a spoiler on where to find it. Warning: Contains spoilers for the Main Quest as well as the Railroad faction.
I'm a little mixed up on what order things occur or should occur as I did a bunch of the main quest line before making contact with the rail road.

I think after you take down kellog they let you into the base proper, soon afterwards drummer boy will give you a tip to talk to P.A.M who'll give you the Jackpot quest. Finish it. Then go talk to tinker tom and pray he gives you the line about ballistic vests, you'll then be able to buy armored bits from him and/or customize your own.
MegaMek wrote: »
For anyone who was wondering what perks affect which weapons, I just did some tests;

The minigun and gatling laser are only affected by the heavy weapons perk. Commando does not affect their damage in any way.

The missile launcher is affected by both the heavy weapons perk and the demolitions expert perk, but demolitions expert does not double the missile launcher's damage; max rank demolitions expert increases the missile launcher's damage to 285.

The cryolator is a heavy weapon. The railway rifle is a rifle. If there's anything someone wants specifically checked, feel free to ask, tho everything else should be pretty self-explanatory now.
Your companions can use Power Armor without a Fusion core, so... always have them in a suit.
Dedwrekka wrote: »
Tip for settlements: If you want the happiest settlements, you need the Local Leader perk at level 2, and Cap Collector at level 2. When you get Local Leader to Level 2 you can start creating shops within the settlement that will generate income and happiness based on the number of unassigned settlers, and the level of the shop.

The first level of shop only requires Local Leader 2. The second one also requires Cap Collector, and the later ones require leveled versions of that.

Each level of shop creates more income and more happiness. You want to minimize the amount of shops and maximize the amount of unassigned workers while also providing enough food, water, and defense for the town.

Shop income is accumulated every 2 in-game days and stays in that settlement's workshop until you collect it. It is not collectable from other workshops connected by supply lines, but it is available for building at any connected settlement (though shops and mines may be the only things that require caps).

Slight building tip for shops, the shops are taller than the wall height when building, so if you want one indoors you need to leave the space above it open to the second level. If you build chairs, stools and couches close to the drinks vendor then settlers, including assigned ones, will occasionally stop what they're doing, grab drinks and food from the vendor and sit down. So it's really easy to make a bar. Right after sundown all of the settlers will do this.
Siska wrote: »
It's possible to get your SPECIAL attributes to 11. Do it like this:
  1. Level your SPECIAL to 10
  2. Find SPECIAL bobble head
  3. SPECIAL is now 11

If you find and pick up a SPECIAL bobble head before that attribute is 10, you can not increase it to 11 after.
Amazing building tutorial by Eurogamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CR8nOTDhh8

Didn't know about the foundations, for example. Jeez. Those are neat!
WACriminal wrote: »
Derrick wrote: »
You can get purified water by having an overabundance of water resource at your settlements. I have the big 40 water purifiers sitting at a few of my settlements and the workstation inventory always has about 30+ purified water when I give it a while to fill up. Also, I tend to have an overabundance of food at most of my settlements, and I get whatever I've planted in that inventory as well.
glimmung wrote: »
Tried out using a sniper barrel on a laser pistol. Felt like I wasn't getting many shots off in VATs, then did a test swapping in the previous barrel. Can now confirm that sniper barrels increase the AP cost of VATS attacks significantly.

Ready to start using mods? MegaMek has you covered (spoiler'd for long)
MegaMek wrote: »
I want to start compiling a list of all the best PC mods for those who are interested. I'm going to start with mods I'm personally using (or have heard good things about), then I'll take any submissions you all would like to add.

First Things First:

You don't need to get a mod manager, but they make things so much easier. I'm using Fallout 4 Plugins Manager, as it was one of the first, but now Nexus' platform independant mod manager supports Fallout 4, so that is also a good option.

Also, you may want to nab the Fallout 4 Configuration Tool. It makes altering INI options easier than doing it manually.

All the pages I'm linking to explain how to install their respective mods, but you all (should) know the deal; you mod at your own risk.

Now, on to the mods. First up, this is a Bethesda game so you may want some UI Tweaks:

Let's start with a bang: Full Dialogue Interface. This mod changes the dialogue interface, displaying the choices as a list instead of a wheel and also displays what your character will actually say. I, personally, don't mind the original interface, but this is a wildly popular mod nonetheless.

Next up, for those that are getting annoyed by all the bleeps and bloops coming from the interface, we have Silent UI, which, by default, removes all UI sounds (such as the XP gain CHA-CHING! and the Idiot Savant giggling). Can be modified to target certain sounds individually as well.

This next category is the kind of stuff I live for; Immersion Mods:

We'll start with what is actually literally my favorite mod: Lowered Weapons. Nothing fancy, just changes your 1st person default stance to show that your weapon is lowered and not pointing at everyone's face (until you want it to be).

And next, my second favorite mod: Powered Armor Movement Sounds. This mod simply makes the powered armor much louder while in motion. The default sounds are a little wimpy IMO.

Next, this was my favorite mod in Skyrim and New Vegas; Darker Nights. Not much to add here, tho maybe now you'll actually use you lamps. Remember that the mining helmet has a headlamp like your power armor!

Not sure this belongs here, tho there really isn't anywhere else to put it... Create Your Own Survival Rebalance! This mod let's you change the damage variables of NPCs and yourself in survival. I'm running double damage for enemies and normal damage for me.

Next up, we got some friggin Quality of Life Mods:

First up: Craftable Ammo. Nothing to say here, really.

Oh hey; this is the first mod I got! Configurable Power Armor Fusion Core Drain does what it says. Has many options so that you can tweek this to your desire.

I know a lot of people wanted something like this, tho honestly it's probably faster to just use the console. In any case, Carry Weight Modification lets you modificate your weight carry.

Next, the only one in this category I consider absolutely mandatory: Faster Terminal Displays. If you played Fallout 3 or New Vegas you probably grabbed this at some point for sanity's sake.

This next one is for those that hate playing games inside games. Easier Hacking, Easier Lockpicking, Guaranteed Pickpocketing, comes as 3 seperate mods so you can, for instance, use the first two and not the last one (which is literally cheating). I ended up using a similar mod in New Vegas somewhere around playthrough 20; not quite there yet in Fallout 4, but maybe someday.

And finally, Just For Fun Mods:

We'll start (and end) with Settlement Supplies Expanded (SSEx), which adds a bunch of craftable things to your workshop list, so you can really spruce up your settlements.

That's it for now. I've personally tested everything I've listed here (except for Silent UI and Easier Hacking), so I know for sure that they work, and work together. If anyone wants to add to this list, just @ me and I'll get to it at my earliest convenience.

Looking to modify clothing? SirEtchwarts has posted a comprehensive list
For those that missed the <quest> that unlocks clothing customization...which is easy to do

If you're on pc: set RailroadClothingArmorModAvailable to 1
If you're upset that there's no perk to reveal all the map markers like in previous fallouts, type "tmm 1,0,0" in the console. Every location you haven't discovered yet becomes visible but still technically undiscovered, just like locations added by dialogue. You can see them but not fast travel to them. This has no effect on previously discovered locations.

Got Bugs?
Rami wrote: »
So the crashing to desktop with no error problem I am having is becoming more widely reported by other people, and on console versions too. It's corrupted cells triggered by... something, and prevents a few important quests from being finished. It's tied to save file and occurs after a certain point in the game so there's no way to know you'll get it until it starts happening.

For PC users some workarounds have been found, however these involve using the console to teleport or just mark the quest finished so you are going to miss out on the actual content of the quests in some cases.

The best thread I found on it is here http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1546438-fallout-4-crash-in-specific-area/

jdarksun on

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    i reloaded my gun near a rubbish heap and now i have a bottle permanently attached to my arm

bethesda

VDiFOjah.jpg

sometimes it can fly

v13PcvZh.jpg

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    its visible from the outside... its beautiful...

DnzucWD.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    So yeah, playing through this game which I'm loving for the most my list of complaints so far are:

-lack of skill checks in convos

-Not being able to mod the appearance of weapons even if just camos

-I want more settlements decor and things to do on them.

-Ammo should be craftable. I think it was suppose to be cause you can break down lead but it isn't used for much.

-More interesting options for moddable armor. Most of the nice looking stuff is non-modular.

That said I'm sure most of this stuff will be addressed in patches/DLC if Skyrim is any indication.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Those of you with farms set up and settlers tending to them; will they harvest plants into the stash, or do you need to visit periodically to pick corn and such?

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    I really like curie, some might cringe at her personal quest...but I haven't seen it done in games much so it's fine by me.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I think what bugs me about FO4 is that it's pretty much just a modded up NV. Like some of the stuff is almost a paste job. I wonder if Bethesda is cutting these people a check.

... Also often times the mods did it better.

Enjoying just wandering. The main story is boring. Settler stuff doesn't interest me. Finding more stuff to loot and people to shoot is pretty great.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So is there a, uh, way to build structures without them just sort of floating in the air?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    So is there a, uh, way to build structures without them just sort of floating in the air?

Well. Someone clearly doesnt appreciate the hover technologies of 2287

• Options
    YESS I FOUND THE UNDERCUT

the barber in vault 81 can do you an undercut

dankkkj

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    also does anybody know if the haircut magazines let you get undercuts? there are all these npcs with sick ass undercuts and im stuck looking like 1950s housewife rip
    if this wasn't answered already: wasteland barbers have hairstyles not available at creation.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    No.

Also regarding dialog. I romanced Piper. It was like 4 lines between her and myself. Ugh.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I actually had a moment where the main quest was starting to grab me. Specifically at Diamond City, no big spoilers,
    talking to Nick Valentine about finding my kid. Apart from being an obvious Sam Spade analogue, which scratches a personal itch of mine something fierce, his acting's not bad and the writing for the scene works. Finally I get to explain to *somebody* what happened a good fifteen hours of aimless wandering ago. The dramatic camera angles and voiced player character seem to be paying off, and there's the barest hint that there will be some kind of emotional or intellectual engag-

...what do you mean, 'outpost is under attack'? Wh-why am I getting text popups now? Kind of in the middle of something here; where the hell is that place? How do I even know about this?

Suffice to say it did not last. They could have done something interesting here, they clearly put effort into it, but it feels like the game distracts itself in the attempt.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Man...I want one of the DLC to involve a rogue Brotherhood unit and have it end with taking over their fully customizable base and functional and customizable airship that you can deploy Vertibirds from...

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I'm like 27 hours in and around level 20 and I have never had a settlement attacked ever.

Well, once when I fast traveled to one there was an attack in progress, but that almost seemed intentional, a way to introduce me to what settlement attacks are like and what super mutants are. Another time there was a fight when I fast traveled and I think it was a random event because a "farmer" was there too, not one of my settlers.

So yeah. No attacks.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    So, do you get any more conversation prompts with companions after you get their perk or does that signify all their personal stuff is done?

I've been cycling out companions as I get the perks since I'm assuming it's the latter.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Sweet got a +10 cold damage laser rifle that freezes enemies solid on a crit!!!!

Oh wait it's a laser musket. *Tosses it to Trashcan Carla*

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    So, do you get any more conversation prompts with companions after you get their perk or does that signify all their personal stuff is done?

I've been cycling out companions as I get the perks since I'm assuming it's the latter.

Perk is max affinity and from what I seen you get no more conversations outside of quest stuff.

I'm actually annoyed cause I maxed out Danse but didn't get his perk.

• Options
    Sweet got a +10 cold damage laser rifle that freezes enemies solid on a crit!!!!

Laser muskets are pretty amazing as sniper weapons.

I'm up to five cranks and I haven't run into anything that could withstand it yet.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    So the two magazines some settlers stole from my magazine rack have now turned up in the workshop for that settlement, so at least I didn't lose them forever.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options

I'm up to five cranks and I haven't run into anything that could withstand it yet.

They're better snipers than regular snipers tbh.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Rami wrote: »
    So the two magazines some settlers stole from my magazine rack have now turned up in the workshop for that settlement, so at least I didn't lose them forever.
    I don't think I've had anything stolen from my shack in Sanctuary yet but when it happens and it feels like it's inevitable, theres going to be hell to pay once I find something familiar in their inventory.

Going to exile them to a settlement near the bottom of the map. Enjoy trying to fend off deathclaw hordes with no walls or turrets, assholes.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular

if you don't have SCIENCE! to upgrade the cranks laser muskets are pretty junk.

But if you do, and get a shot off from sneak then they just do insane damage.

So it depends on what sort of build you got.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Perk is max affinity and from what I seen you get no more conversations outside of quest stuff.

Some time after maxxing out Piper and leaving her in Sanctuary, she did approach me for a conversation about stuff. Wasn't much though. Dialogue is sparse as usual.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Those of you with farms set up and settlers tending to them; will they harvest plants into the stash, or do you need to visit periodically to pick corn and such?

Yes.

Your stash will periodically fill up with the plants you've planted that they harvest under Aid (also, your Water generating structure will do the same by putting Purified Water in your workshop). But you can also pick the plants you planted to gain more than what they generate if you want.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

Laser muskets are amazing. They hit with the force of a thousand suns.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    put in op - tcl is the noclip command

i always forget it

and ive been stuck like 4 times so far l0l

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Settlers will also repair plants that are destroyed in a raid. All the Tato plants at one of mine were burnt down and I didn't have enough to repair more than one, and by the time I eventually returned they were all fully operational again.

I don't know if that applies to other objects that are destroyed as well or if it's just things that settlers are assigned to.

• Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    How to Vertibird? I am confused. If done exactly as they've asked me to, but it just doesn't work.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Are there more homes than the one in Diamond City? Or more specifically, a cheaper home? Need a place to securely store my shiz, but I'm still scratching for caps.

Also, has there been confirmation yet on how ammo works with settlers (not companions)? I want to give them something better than their shitty default pistols, but I'm tight enough on ammo as it is. Heard rumours of one piece of ammo in their inventory being enough?

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »

I have really terrible luck with laser muskets just not assigning damage. I'd blame it on my terrible aim, except I do just fine with the ballistic snipers.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Is there a way to check your affinities other than conversations?

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular

Eh I've got a silenced .50 sniper that does double damage to full health guys. Unless it's a boss it's dead.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular

I just realized you can put followers in power armor... just now...

At level 30...

Welp.

btw, I found a particularly cool set of power armor and have questions:
    The X-01 Power armor. Is there lore in the game somewhere about this suit???

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Foomy wrote: »

You can say the same thing about most unmodded weapons, so I don't see how that is a mark against laser muskets.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    Oh lol. I just have to initiate fast travel while in the vertibird. The thing is, I have changed interact from X to L1, so it said I should push L1 to initiate vertibird travel, but currently it's bugged, so not everything gets properly rebound to L1. Oh Fallout! I tripped you again with my control scheme preference.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    Are there more homes than the one in Diamond City? Or more specifically, a cheaper home? Need a place to securely store my shiz, but I'm still scratching for caps.

Also, has there been confirmation yet on how ammo works with settlers (not companions)? I want to give them something better than their shitty default pistols, but I'm tight enough on ammo as it is. Heard rumours of one piece of ammo in their inventory being enough?

Just the one for sale in diamond city. but if you need a cheaper room a free one can be gained from vault 81 for doing quests.

or you can do minuteman quests for other settlements and then kick all the settlers if their are any out of one of them and use it just for yourself.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    if ur doing vault 81, this is a useful console command

player.additem 00055F10

summons another copy of the cure

apparently if ur companion gets hit and u get blood splashed u get infected even so

very troll

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oddfish wrote: »

I just realized you can put followers in power armor... just now...

At level 30...

Welp.

btw, I found a particularly cool set of power armor and have questions:
    The X-01 Power armor. Is there lore in the game somewhere about this suit???

Problem is that it ends up just breaking the power armour, in my experience. Unless future power armour is significantly less breakable than the first set you get?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Realized I had like 800 .50 rounds on me, so my .308 sniper rifle got mothballed and I broke out the .50 cal rifle instead.

Though I mostly find myself using the .45 combat rifle with a reflex sight. I might take one or two potshots from extreme range if I see an opportunity, but usually I just sneak in and start popping heads with the combat rifle.

I also found a silenced 10mm pistol that I need to use more.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Suriko wrote: »

Give them a gun and one bullet, and they get infinite.

It's easy to verify with a minigun.

This discussion has been closed.