As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East 2016 Hotel Partners

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited November 2015 in PAX East
OnPeak hotels, this way!

http://bit.ly/E16Hotels

If you have OnPeak hotel issues, the email to send to is pax@onpeak.com

yes that's different from some previous paxen, but that's the address. That's for hotel stuff only.

zerzhul on

• Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I chose the Aloft since the Westin wasn't available. I am super curious what it's going to be like.

But god bless the opportunity to nap and roll back to PAX. *salutes*

• Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    My receipt didnt load, so I had to wait for the hotel link. Finally got in, behind 700 people, got up to my turn, Queue Number Rejected. Unreal. I was on here right when they dropped. So dissapointed.

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Got a room at the Renaissance. On mobile. GOD that app is clunky.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    So I wake up from a nap to see stuff is launched. Jump in the queue, get to the front of the queue, "This queue number is invalid. You'll have to click to reenter the queue." This is gonna be one of those days I see...

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Got in before the link was tweeted and still couldn't get a nearby hotel Th-M. Guess I'll have to be hoping for cancellations...

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Oh man, I had an aloft but I didn't enter in my CC fast enough, ended up at the Omni - if anyone ends of leaving a closer hotel let me know!

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    Wow, that is so nuts how fast the near hotels booked up. Boston really needs to build more hotels if PAX East is going to be as big as it's become.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • Options
    _jnup_jnup Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Tried to do everything on mobile and it was sloppy. Hoping a room at the Seaport opens up.

Feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/_jnup
  • Options
    ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    Such bulshit, Westin sold out instantly

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • Options
    MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Westin is not even on the list of available

• Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Westin is not even on the list of available

I was literally the 18th person in line and I can confirm that. I wonder why?

• Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Westin sells out super fast. On top of that many of the exhibitors and staff stay there.

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I got a partial-weekend reservation over at the Seaport, which was awesome last year. We're hoping that once people settle on their reservations we'll be able to extend ours through the whole weekend.

The Renaissance is a great hotel too if you want to stay very close.

Added: The Enforcers get first pick at the rooms at the Westin Waterfront so they are as close as possible because they work such long hours/are on call etc. So it books very quickly when we get to it because they have a bunch of the rooms already (and it's a great place to stay).

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    There weren't even any 2 Bedded rooms at the Westin, so it's likely those all got eaten up by exhibitors.

• Options
    monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    It is curious the Westin next to the con center is not available even to look at but other Starwood hotels (Aloft and Elements) were. I got on the "island" for the first time in 3 attempts with Renaissance Waterfront.

iec5nehi4ot3.png
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Can anyone clarify this for me?

InterContinental Boston
    Quad Occupancy Double/Double Guestroom

So is that 2 double beds and a separate double bed in a Guestroom. Can't find info on the site for the quest room.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Got the Boston harbor hotel. I've never stayed there. Pricey, but looks nice. I might drop it because I'm going to need to cab it since I'll have my kids with me. Might as well stay further out and save money on the hotel.

• Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    Ugh, I'm such a dumbass. I got it in the queue when the other nearby hotels were still available, but I didn't ready correctly and booked the Westin Copley by mistake. Now all those other hotels are gone :(

• Options
    Can anyone clarify this for me?

InterContinental Boston
    Quad Occupancy Double/Double Guestroom

So is that 2 double beds and a separate double bed in a Guestroom. Can't find info on the site for the quest room.
    afaik that sounds like 2 double beds total, 4 people.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    (Crosspost from another thread) Remember folks- many people's plans change. If you didn't get the hotel you want, check back in on the hotel sight later today, or throughout the period before the con and you might get something more ideal.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    (Crosspost from another thread) Remember folks- many people's plans change. If you didn't get the hotel you want, check back in on the hotel sight later today, or throughout the period before the con and you might get something more ideal.

Yes, this. Especially today if people find out another person in their group grabbed a room too. Last year I snagged a Westin room a month after they went live by checking in once a day. Though, not sure why they're not an option. Or the Residence Inn in that area too...

stardust462 on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I had my queue number rejected once the first time I got in the queue at like 400th place. I had to restart the queue, and got sent back to 1400th.
    THEN, I actually got to the hotel reservation page, but it told me there was an error, to contact customer support, and I had to go reenter the queue for a third time, starting at 1800th. What the fuck.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I had my queue number rejected once the first time I got in the queue at like 400th place. I had to restart the queue, and got sent back to 1400th.
    THEN, I actually got to the hotel reservation page, but it told me there was an error, to contact customer support, and I had to go reenter the queue for a third time, starting at 1800th. What the fuck.
    This sucks. PA staff know about the onpeak issues and are pushing them to get resolved.

• Options
    I can understand wanting to keep the exhibitors happy, and the Enforcers deserve close hotel rooms, but it really does suck for the 99% of attendees having to come in from all over the Boston area to actually attend because there's no rooms at all on that side of the channel. I hate to say it, but I think the show has gotten too big if the exhibitors and Enforcers are using up all the rooms before we even get a crack at them.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
  • Options
    DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    This sucks. PA staff know about the onpeak issues and are pushing them to get resolved.

I know they're pushing them to get this resolved, but this is literally the ONLY job Onpeak has, and they fail at it every year. Might be time to go with someone that has their shit together.

• Options
    ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    Was just told all the Westin rooms were pre-booked for the staff...what the hell (On peak supervisor informed me).

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • Options

I know they're pushing them to get this resolved, but this is literally the ONLY job Onpeak has, and they fail at it every year. Might be time to go with someone that has their shit together.

Yeah, I wish ShowClix was in charge of hotels, too. I know that's not really their business but for years now they have done an outstanding job with the badge sales.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
  • Options

Yeah, I wish ShowClix was in charge of hotels, too. I know that's not really their business but for years now they have done an outstanding job with the badge sales.

At least if the queue messes up there, I can refresh and not lose my place. I logged into onpeak two weeks ago, just to make sure my password and everything were good. I log in today, and nope, no clue who I am, so I have to enter all my info again, and lose the hotel I was after while in the process of that. They're just terrible.

• Options
    fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    I also had the queue issue on OnPeak. I'm back in it for the third time after it telling me my queue number was invalid on my previous two attempts. Fingers crossed that I get through this time!

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Was just told all the Westin rooms were pre-booked for the staff...what the hell (On peak supervisor informed me).

And the seaport becomes the GOAT

• Options

At least if the queue messes up there, I can refresh and not lose my place. I logged into onpeak two weeks ago, just to make sure my password and everything were good. I log in today, and nope, no clue who I am, so I have to enter all my info again, and lose the hotel I was after while in the process of that. They're just terrible.
    Each event under OnPeak has its own set of login information, so logging in to a previous year's would never help, just fyi for future paxes. Not saying this is a good or bad thing, but it is the way they work. Each new event is a clean slate.

• Options

Each event under OnPeak has its own set of login information, so logging in to a previous year's would never help, just fyi for future paxes. Not saying this is a good or bad thing, but it is the way they work. Each new event is a clean slate.

Yeah, I realized that. That's... well, certainly one way of doing things. Not a good way, but a way.

• Options
    bushwick2002@gmail.combushwick2002@gmail.com Registered User new member
    What does "Run of House" room mean? i booked a Quad room at Seaport with "Run of House" option.

• Options
    What does "Run of House" room mean? i booked a Quad room at Seaport with "Run of House" option.

It means bunkbeds, you're sharing with coal shovelers from the Titanic.

• Options
    CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    got a double occ single at aloft, looking forward to trying out the new hotel given how much cheaper it was than my old mainstay at the seaport, but losing my triple occ double due to the fact that onpeak doesn't actually hold your reservation while you enter billing info makes me pretty salty.

I guess I'll be stalking the site to see if stuff opens up between now and april to upgrade, if not, i'll make do.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Options
    juiceboxfarleyjuiceboxfarley Registered User regular
    I wanted Renaissance, but it was gone so fast. :( I'm looking forward to the room trade thread.

• Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular

I got rejected the first time too. Went in at like 900-1000 something, got to the front, "invalid number," pushed all the way back to 1400. I jumped in late so I figure all the close stuff is gone anyway, so I wasn't sweating it. Still incredibly annoying though.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    Commander CainCommander Cain Registered User regular
    havok978 wrote: »

I got rejected the first time too. Went in at like 900-1000 something, got to the front, "invalid number," pushed all the way back to 1400. I jumped in late so I figure all the close stuff is gone anyway, so I wasn't sweating it. Still incredibly annoying though.

Same thing happened to me and I am honestly so mad right now. I clicked the hotels link as soon as it was online and was only 320 in line. As soon as it was my turn I got that error. This happened to me 5 times before I finally "got through"! When I did get through I got an error saying "on peak is not reserving for this event". I lost my shit at that point and realized I had been fucked. I finally got in the site just a few minutes ago but every good hotel is long gone. I had to get rebooted in the queue for over an hour. That was ridiculous.

E68SJmZ.png
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    yes, the hotels were a mess. i ended up getting a renaissance reservation for saturday only, but i'll probably end up canceling it and going with the residence inn reservation i made direct.

ilta on
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    I was wondering what run of the house meant as well didnt end up doing it cause had no idea what it meant haha