As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East 2016 Hotel Partners

• Options
    legolego Registered User regular
    robirex wrote: »
    lego wrote: »
    Oh man, now I want to track down that ever so rare Thursday night hotel room at the Westin.

Good luck :P

Literally as you post that a room opens up at the Westin for Thursday night. I am now in the PAX nirvana.

PAX East since 2013, PAX West since 2016
  • Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    My party includes 8 I am handling everything for, and like 5 more that I am coordinating with, so I understand. Plus I am coordinating the relatively easy to coordinate Pig Roast.
    Getting passes and rooms can be stressful, as well as managing everything when financial backers pull out and the only folks on the waitlist can't contribute as much to the cost (of which PAX is by far my most expensive vacation each year, cause Boston). On top of that, instead of staying in the Seaport, we are trying the Element this year. I hope it works out and will let everyone know how we liked it.

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    I just checked online through the element's website and they don't have my reservation yet. I'm not too worried though, its still in onpeak and I imagine they will get transferred this week. In the past I've never gotten email confirmation, just called and checked in with the hotel.

On another note I absolutely love being the group organizer. it's just heaven for me, spreadsheets, google docs, you name it I've made it all to organize my crew like a pack of girl scouts camping in the wilderness. It's fantastic :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    craiola wrote: »
    I just checked online through the element's website and they don't have my reservation yet. I'm not too worried though, its still in onpeak and I imagine they will get transferred this week. In the past I've never gotten email confirmation, just called and checked in with the hotel.

On another note I absolutely love being the group organizer. it's just heaven for me, spreadsheets, google docs, you name it I've made it all to organize my crew like a pack of girl scouts camping in the wilderness. It's fantastic :)

I do spreadsheets too!!

mayapple on
    e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular

How did you check?

• Options
    CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

I talked to OnPeak today and was told that Element reservations are transferring Wednesday and emails should be received by the latest, Friday.

Also, being the organizer has been okay. I just hate the heart attack when everything goes up or when you realize you are missing Thursday nights on your reservation. Starting a new position at work adds a little more too.

Edit: Actually, just checked through the method you mentioned below and I see my reservation! Huzzah!

CommanderZim on
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    OPEN ROOMS - Aloft and Renaissance wed/thurs/fri/sat/sun/mon!

• Options
    Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    Was just about to post that about Aloft - I just added Thursday so I am there my whole stay, but there are still 2 rooms available.

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

• Options

How did you check?

go to https://starwoodhotels.com/element/reservations/index.html and scroll down to "Find a Stay" then enter the last name of the person on the reservation and you can select "credit card number" from the drop down menu.

If your reservation has been sent over, it will come up there, if not (as it is now) you will get an error that says "No reservation has been found" or something similar.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Glad to see I'm not the only stressed out group leader around here. I wish I could have the faith to put all this in someone else's hands but I've proven myself TOO reliable and am pretty much stuck managing the hard stuff.

• Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    NFG wrote: »
    ishtra wrote: »
    Does anyone know how parking works at the Element? I'm looking at reviews about a self-park lot for 25 off site maybe, but the webpage lists self parking at 25-50$ Going to try to call them tomorrow, but thought I'd see if anyone here knew.

Did you ever figure this out? I found the $25 lot on google maps and it looks pretty small. Worried about it being filled up by the time I appear and having to pay for something that's both more expensive and quite a walk away.

I just called them and it's a BCEC lot that they don't even control. So I'm guessing it might be.

That's what it looked like in my research so I'm not surprised. What I can't figure out is:
    • is there a discount for Element guests or is $25/night the standard rate?
    • does the staff at Element have backup plans for guests that don't know where to park?

The lot is a /little/ but hidden, so I can hope that just nobody random shows up, which would make it easier to get a spot. I don't have much hope for it. I'll call and ask once my reservation transfers.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    robirex wrote: »
    Oh man, now I want to track down that ever so rare Thursday night hotel room at the Westin.

Good luck :P

Literally as you post that a room opens up at the Westin for Thursday night. I am now in the PAX nirvana.

Awesome! I'm jealous. Glad I could help :)

I'm sad I missed out on Aloft on Thursday though. Having trouble getting that one. If I didn't have to work at work I would have no problem haha.

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    I just checked through the Element's website and my reservation is showing up there!

• Options
    I just checked through the Element's website and my reservation is showing up there!

Awesome! I'll have to check mine again then :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options

I also called them and they were able to send a conformation over the phone.

• Options
    edited April 2016

I also called them and they were able to send a conformation over the phone.

Just checked and mine was there too. Awesome!!!

craiola on
    DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    Westin available Fri and Sat

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Got my confirmation from the Seaport, very excited!

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    People at Seaport are getting their reservation confirmation and I have yet to get mine. It still shows on OnPeak though. Should I just call them?

• Options
    Fri and Sat open at Seaport Hotel

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    People at Seaport are getting their reservation confirmation and I have yet to get mine. It still shows on OnPeak though. Should I just call them?

I had to e-mail them first to get my confirmation; I'm guessing they won't send them out in full til later in the week.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options

If they have a way to look up reservations online with last name and credit card number/other info, try that. That's how I found my reservation.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular

I just called them and it's a BCEC lot that they don't even control. So I'm guessing it might be.

That seems so weird. I thought you couldn't park overnight in the BCEC lot, or wondering if they took over Part of that lot. Never got to call (family emergency) so hoping tomorrow to confirm exact locations. Otherwise resorting to parking garage sites and booking ahead.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »

That seems so weird. I thought you couldn't park overnight in the BCEC lot, or wondering if they took over Part of that lot. Never got to call (family emergency) so hoping tomorrow to confirm exact locations. Otherwise resorting to parking garage sites and booking ahead.

I think BCEC owns the lot, not Element, but it's separate from their other ones.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Also, for those looking for a confirmed spot to park near BCEC - Channel Street Garage was only 50 bucks for the weekend and you can pre-reserve.
    http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/20_channel_center_street_boston_ma/

• Options
    schuss wrote: »
    Also, for those looking for a confirmed spot to park near BCEC - Channel Street Garage was only 50 bucks for the weekend and you can pre-reserve.
    http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/20_channel_center_street_boston_ma/

You are my hero. Also, I like this website.

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    Fri to Sun available at Element

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    acaraba2acaraba2 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Finally got a Thursday at Element. :)

jf7bixxxlknz.png

• Options
    acaraba2 wrote: »
    Finally got a Thursday at Element. :)

Nice work. I saw that Thurs available then it was gone in under a minute haha.

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular

You definitely can't park overnight in the South BCEC lot (behind the convention center), but they run more lots than that and they all have different times/rules.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    acaraba2acaraba2 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Yeah I was driving to work and happen to refresh the link. I saw it available and pull over quickly just to add it.

jf7bixxxlknz.png

• Options
    rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    there are a couple single bedded guestrooms available for thursday right now, 1 in aloft, 1 in westin 2 at renaissance

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    There is a Fri-Tues showing available at the Westin Waterfront.

There is a Thurs-Friday at the Aloft now.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    Okay I have a question for you guys, I have a double guest double bed room at the aloft for Thursday, I can't change it in my room options to a triple guest for whatever reason and the hotel doesn't have my reservation for Thursday in yet, has anyone had any luck in the past adding a guest by contacting Onpeak or the hotel directly?

• Options
    rpgamer246 wrote: »
    Okay I have a question for you guys, I have a double guest double bed room at the aloft for Thursday, I can't change it in my room options to a triple guest for whatever reason and the hotel doesn't have my reservation for Thursday in yet, has anyone had any luck in the past adding a guest by contacting Onpeak or the hotel directly?

Ok I have been the master of doing this at the Westin. You can use the link I posted above to look up your reservation. As soon as it shows up in the system call the hotel (local number) and ask to speak to in house reservations. If you just say reservations you will get transferred to a call center and they can't help you. At this point YMMV but talk to the person and ask if it's possible to change the room options to a triple guest. At this point onpeak won't be able to help you because its based upon what is available.

Just be polite and understand that they can't always help you but will do their best.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options

Ok I have been the master of doing this at the Westin. You can use the link I posted above to look up your reservation. As soon as it shows up in the system call the hotel (local number) and ask to speak to in house reservations. If you just say reservations you will get transferred to a call center and they can't help you. At this point YMMV but talk to the person and ask if it's possible to change the room options to a triple guest. At this point onpeak won't be able to help you because its based upon what is available.

Just be polite and understand that they can't always help you but will do their best.

Thanks a bunch!!! This is really helpful!

• Options
    You're welcome! I find the key is to do it as early as possible, also note that it depends on who you talk to. But in the past 2 years I have successfully had 1 beds changed to 2 beds by being proactive.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    Wed-sun ROH at seaport available

• Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2016

I don't think the room itself will actually be any different, so if you're okay with your room type you shouldn't have anything to worry about. This will just increase the costs from 2 guests to 3 guests. You can just do this at check in.

stardust462 on
  • Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Just as a friendly heads up to anyone who falls in the same boat:

Got a text from my card company: my credit card was declined, because the card company had flagged it as a potential fraud alert (since it was a charge in Boston). Had to call my bank, to get the alert lifted, and they told me that they couldn't process the charge. They informed me that I would have to get in contact with the hotel for them to actually initiate/reprocess the charge.

Called OnPeak afterwards, and they told me the same thing: they don't process any charges, the hotels do. Immediately called the Element Hotel and explained my situation, and they were able to secure my reservation and reprocess the security deposit charge.

TL;DR: If your card is declined for whatever reason, do not assume your bank/card company will reprocess the charge, follow up with the hotel.

See you guys at PAX :)