Options

East 2016 Hotel Partners

• Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Nabbed a Thursday-Sunday for the Renaissance Boston Waterfront, very happy to be that close to the BCEC.

• Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    More Aloft rooms are open. Just dropped a Seaport Fri-Sun reservation for that hotel.

ETA: Renaissance and Element rooms are also available.

stardust462 on
  • Options
    kelaxinkelaxin Registered User new member
    Looks like Elements, Seaport and Renaissance all opened up. I just booked Thurs-Monday for the Renaissance.

• Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Whelp, still no Westin, but I scored a Thur-Sun at the Seaport. The Omni is nice (my previous reservation) but hotel shuttle distance doesn't beat walking about 2 blocks or so!!! How is the Seaport, btw? Are the rooms nice? What is the internet service like there?

• Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    Wow, reading the past few posts, I should probably keep an eye out on the hotels that are less than half a mile away. I'm currently staying at the Omni. While a 25 min walk is no issue for me, I would prefer to stay at the Seaport or any of the other hotels that close to the convention center.

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Yay, swapped from Omni to Aloft! :) Done with hotel jumping.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    How is the Seaport, btw? Are the rooms nice? What is the internet service like there?

By far my favorite hotel I've stayed in for PAX. As with other people on the forum, I have found the staff to be great, the rooms perfect and the wifi free and fast. Someone in my group convinced us last year that being connected was the bees knees (Westin), and within a few hours I immediately regretted not getting the Seaport again instead. It was especially great for Thursday as there is alot to do (read:drink) in the area, but its also right next to a Silver Line (Underground Bus=Mind Blown) stop which brings you downtown if you're looking for more to do or headed to a Saturday night party.

Here's my room from 2 years ago for reference. That year, I downloaded about 30GB worth of movies in one night, whereas last year at the Westin, I wasnt even able to update apps on my phone (no joke).
    u309e38ivqjf.jpg

I'm trying Aloft this year (Seaport wasnt available when I booked and I figured I'd check it out), but the Seaport is the default goal from here on out. You're going to love it.

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Hey guys, anyone have experience at the renaissance? I'm debating between it and the Seaport. I had a reservation at the Hyatt but one within 2 blocks sound amazing. Thank you!

• Options
    millerm277millerm277 Registered User regular
    Got Fri/Sat night at the Aloft! Thanks to here and Reddit for the tip about the rooms opening up. After 4 hotel swaps, I'm next to the convention center and in my price range. Couldn't ask for more.

• Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Just managed a full element reservation, well happy

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Just booked at the Element TOOOOO!!! Finally!

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    JDixon, as others have said, the Seaport is the best. I would likely prefer it over my Element, or Aloft. The extra distance is minimal and the Seaport is, in my opinion, better located. To what I won't say...have to keep SOME secrets LOL (hint...Priest is in the name, and the two stores near it). Parking is cheaper at the Seaport than it is at the Element. Seaport wifi was excellent. Seaport breakfast buffet was the best I've ever had (although it is $20, you can have that and skip lunch!) Seaport rooms all remodeled recently. It's just across the bridge from the con, closer to the BCEC than the BCEC is long, if I recall. Anything else you'd like to know?

• Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Sweet, grabbed a reservation at the Renaissance.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    so weird with hotels available again across the board. I started today at Intercontinental, then jumped to renaissance, then swapped to seaport, and ended with element. Cheaper and Closer?? Sign me up :D For those still looking, Still seeing All the hotels available in some form. What is going on O.o Hopefully they don't overbook @_@

ishtra on
    Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    Overbooking...that crossed by mind too. That would be a nightmare. I have stayed at the Renaissance before, non-con related, and really liked it. But the kitchenettes at Element I just can't pass up.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    we always bring food for PAX (deli meat, cereal etc) , so kitchenette with actual Cooked meals will be amazing

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm really looking forward to the kitchenette, will be super convenient. Is there any closer store than the 7/11 by the seaport?

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Was able to move from originally being miles away at the hilton back bay, to the hilton doubletree, and now tonight we were able to snag all nights at the Renaissance. I think we're going to stop there as I can't really debate a 7 minute walk to the convention center. This is the closest we've managed to get so I'm quite excited.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Alright, now I've hopped from the Renaissance to the Seaport to save a few bucks. I think the only further move at this point would be to the Aloft or Element for a sub $200 a night option, but otherwise distance is no longer a factor. I'm just glad not to be looking at 25 min walks anymore.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    I'm just glad to hear such good things about the Seaport since I'll be there for the first time. I'm still a little nervous that my group won't actually fit in our Run of House room despite being booked as a quad, but on every other front sounds like a winner!

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    Karoneth, thanks for the info on the Seaport! This is the first time in 3 years that I'll actually be close to the BCEC and I can't wait. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Seaport is the one that has the bridge that goes over it to the BCEC, past the entrance to the Silver Line T Stop? Bonus points for having an indoor pool! My kids and husband will have something to do on Saturday before they attend the con on Sunday!

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    Yeah I'm really looking forward to the kitchenette, will be super convenient. Is there any closer store than the 7/11 by the seaport?

I didn't get to explore much but I stayed up the block at the Renaissance and didn't see anything nearby to go food shopping. Plenty of places to eat. I remember someone saying there was a deli nearby but I didn't look further into it.

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    We snagged an additional night at Seaport (now Th-Sun) and paired with Park Plaza for our early arrival (Tu-Wed). Figured we'll stop there. Don't mind being further into Boston for the first leg.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    The Seaport is at the end of the bridge connecting to the BCEC, yes. The Silver Line stop is adjacent to the Seaport hotel. The hotel is to the right if you look north up that bridge. Try Google Maps, it can put everything in perspective if you use Street View. Here is a pic of the BCEC from the room I had this year. The Silver Line stop is lower left, mostly off the picture. BCEC straight over bridge, Westin on left.u3k927m3disw.jpg

• Options
    GreyWolfyGreyWolfy Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    @PurpleBek There is a little grocery/deli type place called J Pace & Son, that is also closer to the Element than 7/11. The deli is fairly large, and they also do cooked to order breakfast (eggs/bacon/sandvich) type stuff as well!

I actually switched from Park Plaza to the Element, so I'm happy about these openings haha. Actually have a question regarding the Element... it said all rooms come with a sofa bed, has anyone confirmed that yet? I know they aren't open yet, but I've been too lazy to call the number lol.

For all the people getting Seaport bookings, as others have said above, you're in good hands. Their guest service is top notch, and I would echo the sentiment of Seaport > Westin overall. The only reason I didn't book there was due to not being able to guarantee a 2 bed situation.

GreyWolfy on
    FFXIV: Rexus Kalev - Sargatanas
  • Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    The Seaport was the best hotel of the close 3. The Westin felt a bit tighter despite being attached, and the Ren also felt really snug in comparison with no attached parking, which felt all sorts of weird - Parking is across the street at the apartment complex behind it. That isn't fun for those of us who like to pre-pack unnecessary things early Sunday before the con. The Seaport is also a no-tip hotel, so slightly pricier, but you know what you're getting there.

The Element having microwaves is the thing I am looking most forward to, though I'm still mentally debating if the Seaport would have been the better choice.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    klz wrote: »
    The Element having microwaves is the thing I am looking most forward to, though I'm still mentally debating if the Seaport would have been the better choice.

Well, if you decide to let that Element go I'd appreciate a heads up, I'm looking to add a Thru/Sun to my existing Fri/Sat is possible.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular

Well, if you decide to let that Element go I'd appreciate a heads up, I'm looking to add a Thru/Sun to my existing Fri/Sat is possible.

Ruthless Clann... RUTHLESS lol

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    What? I'm just saying. LOL!

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I managed to snag a triple at the Renaissance last night. I was pretty iffy on their customer service last year but I loved how close they were to the show. I've got some friends staying up the road at the Seaport so I'm considering jumping to there if I can get at least a triple for Thursday-Sunday. Best that's showing is triple run of the house for Friday and Saturday.
    I'll probably release my quad occupancy room at the Park Plaza once I discuss the options with my group. If any of you want it let me know so I can time it for you.

• Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    got in at the reinassance this year...first time I have got a hotel that close...we usually end up staying at the intercontinental which is still not bad at all especially for a nice walk in the morning....will be nice to be so close to the bcec

• Options
    klzklz Registered User regular

If I changed my mind, I'd still need the Seaport for those dates, which sold through already too. If that happens, and you asked nicely, I'll keep it in mind. :)

• Options
    If I changed my mind, I'd still need the Seaport for those dates, which sold through already too. If that happens, and you asked nicely, I'll keep it in mind. :)

I'm not above saying pretty please, and will defiantly put sugar on top.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Those looking for a cheap hotel that is close-enough, I just booked at the Ramada Inn for $167 a night. Had to pay up front for the deal, otherwise it's $196 a night. I haven't gone in a few years now, but back in 2011/2012 I stayed there, and they had a free shuttle in the morning to the convention. Not an amazing hotel or anything, but it gets the job done and is half the price of some of the others in the area.

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    I got a renn for friday-Sunday, but I'm coming up thursday. hoping people drop off some thursdays

• Options
    Just checked and there is a Tue/Fri/Sat room open at Aloft.

• Options
    Don't know if anyone has noticed, but it looks like all hotels are available with the exception of Element and Aloft.

• Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Aloft just opened up a bunch of Thursday through Sunday.

I booked a double bed room, but it says double occupancy, I have 3 people including me. Anyone know how that all works? Not trying to break the rules, but why would a double bed room not be eligible for 3-4 occupancy, but they have unavailible triple/quad occupancy listed.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    _jnup_jnup Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Awesome, I was able to book a room at Aloft Thurs-Sun. Looks like I'll save myself about $100 staying there instead of Seaport.

Feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/_jnup
  • Options
    WaltMcNerdyWaltMcNerdy Registered User new member
    Woo hoo upgraded to Aloft Thurs-Sun for $30 cheaper!!! Closest I've ever been to BCEC for PAX.