Options

East 2016 Hotel Partners

• Options
    ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Just got Element.... Another Aloft room is open.

• Options
    tkywatkywa Registered User regular
    Got a Seaport room for my friends, relinquished the Omni reservation.

• Options
    darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    Just scored a Seaport reservation too! According to the website it says up to 3 rooms available as of right now.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Bummed I missed on the Element, as I still need a Thursday. Back to watching the site.
    Just scored a Seaport reservation too! According to the website it says up to 3 rooms available as of right now.

And yeah, Seaport is still showing at least 3 rooms for Wed-Monday.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    The hotels rooms that just opened up in the Seaport are listed as "Table Top Seaport" as the rate. I would contact Onpeak to confirm that they are actual bedded hotel rooms and not just common rooms with tables for gaming.

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Just let go of an Aloft Th-Sun to jump to Seaport. Really liked it last time. Seems Seaport still has some rooms and the Aloft I let go is also available.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    The hotels rooms that just opened up in the Seaport are listed as "Table Top Seaport" as the rate. .
    Are you still seeing that? I see duplicate listings for the same type of room with Different days available. But I don't know where to look for that Table Top. So bizarre

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    ishtra wrote: »
    Are you still seeing that? I see duplicate listings for the same type of room with Different days available. But I don't know where to look for that Table Top. So bizarre

https://compass.onpeak.com/e/43JLP16/1#hotelInfo/14932 Check under the tab that says Availability & Rates. There are two different categories for single and double occupancy ROH. One is "Attendee/Exhibitor" and the other is "Table Top Seaport Rooms." I don't know if this info is visible from the mobile site.

DeathJest3r on
  • Options
    That's just weird. I don't ever remember seeing any of the hotels offer any rooms for gaming via OnPeak. I think that it may have just been an accident of someone keying in the discount code the hotel is using to differentiate the block of rooms?

• Options
    https://compass.onpeak.com/e/43JLP16/1#hotelInfo/14932 Check under the tab that says Availability & Rates. There are two different categories for single and double occupancy ROH.
    . Super intrigued. Thanks

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    LOL The suite I had last two years at Seaport for PAX did have a coffee table to play games on in it. Last year we spent a LOT of time playing Ninja Dice on it. I don't think they are referring to that, but the room was table top gaming friendly.

• Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Could be meant to be for table top exhibitors as that's getting bigger each year

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Could also be they were freed up from the block of table top exhibitor rooms, moved over to general attendee block...and they just forgot to change the rate code. :)

• Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    Westin Waterfront rooms are available for Attendees. I think I'm going to stick with the Aloft though.

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    Westin Waterfront rooms are available for Attendees. I think I'm going to stick with the Aloft though.

managed to get one. Thanks!

• Options

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm sticking with the Element...as Westin doesn't have Thursday available either

• Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Grabbed Westin Friday-Sunday, will share a room with a friend on Thursday night, shocked Westin is still up, even without Thursdays

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Table top exhibitors have their own log in section now so that explains that!

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    nosutnosut MA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Holy crap the westin Waterfront actually opened up

nosut on
  • Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    I don't think I'm gonna drop my Seaport just yet. If a Thursday opens up then maybe. Its too much of a hassle to be switching days between hotels.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Just saw the Westin. I would swap my Element for Westin if thursday and Friday opened. Very interesting watching this whole hotel exchange go down.

Anyone know how to change email/credit card info on a booking? I tried contacting OnPeak, but they haven't gotten back to me and it has been a week.

ishtra on
  • Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    I'm at the renaissance right now...and only if those others had a thursday open would try to make the switch...but I cant complain since the renaissance is the closest I have been able to get in the last 4 years of staying in the city.

• Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »
    Anyone know how to change email/credit card info on a booking? I tried contacting OnPeak, but they haven't gotten back to me and it has been a week.
    Log into your Onpeak account and click Edit/Review at the lower right corner of the reservation. On the next page, there should be a box that shows your email address. As for your credit card, if you click Payment, it gives you the option to add a new credit card.

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I can see where to change the credit card but not to change the email address though. As the log-in is my email address, the reservation confirmation just notes the current email address. Was looking to change both.
    there should be a box that shows your email address. As for your credit card, if you click Payment, it gives you the option to add a new credit card.

ishtra on
  • Options
    darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if the opportunity arises that I can get the Westin, should I give up my Seaport reservation? I stayed at the Westin last year and liked it but I've heard through the grapevine that Seaport is better. What's your folks opinions on it?

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Fingers crossed Thurs/Fri open up. Just booked a Sat/Sun quad at the Westin.

• Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering if the opportunity arises that I can get the Westin, should I give up my Seaport reservation? I stayed at the Westin last year and liked it but I've heard through the grapevine that Seaport is better. What's your folks opinions on it?

I think I would argue that the only real advantage the Westin has is being directly connected to the convention center. I've never stayed at the Seaport either, but I've also heard that generally it was a more preferable experience. At least for me, I tend to keep coming back to the Westin because there is something to be said about being able to pop back to your room practically in seconds, especially when my back or knees are acting up or I just need to get away from the crowds for a bit. Not that the Seaport or Renaissance, or I guess now also the Aloft or Element, are huge distances away, but that direct connection is certainly a nice convenience. I guess if that's something that matters to you, by all means jump at the opportunity. But if it doesn't really matter where you stay as long as you're within the big 5, I don't think you necessarily need to feel compelled to stay at Westin if you want to try one of the others.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    nosutnosut MA, USRegistered User regular
    I currently have Thur-sun at the element. I am wondering if I should give it up for a Westin if the days open as well. I have stayed at the Westin before and it was awesome. The element is the suite rooms though and much newer though.

• Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    nosut wrote: »
    I currently have Thur-sun at the element. I am wondering if I should give it up for a Westin if the days open as well. I have stayed at the Westin before and it was awesome. The element is the suite rooms though and much newer though.

The big benefit of the Westin is the sky bridge into the convention center. That's about it though. I'm currently at the Renaissance (about the same walking distance as the Element) and I can't see us moving anymore. If the walking bridge is really important to you, go for it. It can prevent you from having to check a coat. That being said, I think I can handle 7 minutes of walking outside to save taking a coat. That's my thought =)

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Any thoughts or past experiences on the Element vs the Aloft hotel chains?

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Element has suites with kitchens; Aloft doesn't have the kitchens but that may not be important to you. Best to check their sites and compare:

Aloft https://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=4142

Element https://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=4143

I haven't stayed in either but I'll know the Element well after this PAX, staying 5 days there.

• Options
    DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    The Westin is nice for the bridge, but we'll likely have much warmer weather this late into April, and the Westin fails in areas that the other closer hotels excel in. There's no reception for a bunch of carriers in the hotel. They charge an arm and a leg for wifi, as opposed to free wifi at the other close hotels, and even then it's absurdly slow. I recognize that this next one is more of an Onpeak issue, but in the 4 years I've stayed at the Westin, I've had an issue with getting the right size room and number of beds every single time. I'm happy with trying out the Aloft this year, and I don't mind the small extra difference in distance.

• Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Releasing a Thursday-Sunday Double Occupancy at the Aloft Hotel in 15 minutes (6:00 PM EST), if anyone wants it.

Just released it to OnPeak. $186 a night, best of luck to anyone who wants to nab it.

pelicanflip on
  • Options
    CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    Well, apparently I only grabbed Friday-Monday when I reserved at the Element. We are planning on arriving Thursday morning, so yay! X_X

If anyone drops an Element Thursday night, drop me a line. I'd love to be able to pick it up on OnPeak. :/

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Well, apparently I only grabbed Friday-Monday when I reserved at the Element. We are planning on arriving Thursday morning, so yay! X_X

If anyone drops an Element Thursday night, drop me a line. I'd love to be able to pick it up on OnPeak. :/

Oh the elusive Thursday at the Element. I'm in the same boat, but we have plenty of time to snag one up...don't we?

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Some space just opened at Seaport ...

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    If anyone happens to plan on releasing a quad occupancy at the Westin for Thursday and Friday, I'd really appreciate getting a heads up. I've still only got a Saturday/Sunday there and would love to be able to stay there for the whole trip.

• Options
    CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular

Oh the elusive Thursday at the Element. I'm in the same boat, but we have plenty of time to snag one up...don't we?

That's the hope! This is my first time taking care of the hotel, so I'm F5'ing like a mad man.

Seems like things are opening occasionally.

• Options
    If anyone is looking to snag some days a Tues, Sat, and Mon are showing available at the Aloft.

• Options
    Fri/Sat just opened at the Westin Waterfront.