As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel's Jessica Jones] (Tag your spoilers or face Jessica's snarky wrath)

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    End of 6
    An obsession with childhood homes is going to be the connecting theme for all of the Defenders shows.

Also, I was ready to call this the weakest episode until the last, like, ten minutes.
    I really liked the scene where Kilgrave was buying the house. Watching him try to get around directly asking someone to do something was great.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    7/8
    This whole house thing is so creepy, but I can already see the Doctor Who fangirls thinking it means Kilgrave/Jessica is true love

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Gah why do I have to work instead of binge watching this. Hurry up day!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    suppose i shouldn't be surprised that some are blitzing through this. just finished the first episode and am already hooked. pretty tense in places but also with a few moments of light humour. a great start and i'm only expecting it to get better from here. :)

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'm hoping to watch the first episode tonight. It's probably going to be a while before I finish watching the series, though. My wife and I can usually manage one episode of a show a night before she wants to take a break; sometimes, if it's a shorter episode of a TV show (like ~20 minutes) we can watch two episodes.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Ahahaha this throwaway line from ep 6 -
    "This asshole thinks he's Carl Icahn!"

• Options
    Ep 2
    loved that bar fight. Luke Cage tossing guys with the slightest tap, the entire thing seeming like its just a mild inconvenience to him.

on the other side of things, an equally great but much more menacing intro to Kilgrave. that puddle. :(

• Options
    Ohhhhhhhh, wow I missed that.

Will Simpson

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Holy fuck first episode.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Holy fuck first episode.
    \
    Killgrave doesn't even appear and he's a complete monster.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    episode 5 so far and this is so good an so pretty!

only one thing I did not like so far
    lady trying to entrap a gifted and kill her. seemed very out of left field.

loved the rest so far

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    There is some amazing banter in this

non spoiler spoilers
    "You are coming across as distinctly paranoid"

"Everyone keeps saying that! It's like it's a conspiracy."

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ep4
    the bulletproof scene gave me a laugh. Jessica really wasn't expecting to have her bluff called there. was a nice twist on comic material comic too.

the scene was also a decent bit of world building. wonder if they'll do more with the idea that there are people out there hunting those with gifts.

do we know what time frame the show is set in? is it meant to be before or after Daredevil or at around the same time? its not important but it would be nice to know when its happening in relation to everything else in the MCU.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Everything in MCU has been following chronological order of release so far. With the obvious exception of Agent Carter.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Ep4
    the bulletproof scene gave me a laugh. Jessica really wasn't expecting to have her bluff called there. was a nice twist on comic material comic too.

the scene was also a decent bit of world building. wonder if they'll do more with the idea that there are people out there hunting those with gifts.

do we know what time frame the show is set in? is it meant to be before or after Daredevil or at around the same time? its not important but it would be nice to know when its happening in relation to everything else in the MCU.

Episode 13 answers that question.
    It is at least in the middle of Daredevil. Claire (Rosario Dawson) shows up and it's obviously post her meeting Matt.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Ahahahaha, episode 2
    My brother and I cracked up the second the wife said the rugby team was on its way to beat up Luke.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Ep4

Episode 13 answers that question.
    It is at least in the middle of Daredevil. Claire (Rosario Dawson) shows up and it's obviously post her meeting Matt.

really shouldn't have quoted since i wasn't planning on clicking that spoiler. :? oh well, i'm dumb. but to the point, thanks for the answer. :)

• Options
    Tennant is killing it.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Timeline
    Going by the job she got about Property investors I'd say this is happening concurrently with Daredevil

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Goddamn!

Genuinely surprised that they just outright killed Kilgrave. The IGH stuff is a good hook for a possible second season, as well. Definitely thinking we'll see some Hellcat action if that happens, too. Loved the banter and interplay with Claire and Jess. Definitely better chemistry there than with Charlie Cox, IMO

Overall it was pretty fantastic. High fucking bar they set, for Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Comixology is having a Jessica Jones sale.
    It is officially Jessica Jones day, and to celebrate, Comixology is offering a variety of Jessica Jones comics at discounted prices.

Included in the sale is the entire collection of Alias comics, written by Brian Michael Bendis and drawn by Michael Gaydos. Launched under Marvel's MAX label, Alias is the series that the Netflix show draws its inspiration from.

For those that want to learn more about the character and her backstory, this is the series to do it with. Each issue is currently available for $1, meaning readers can get the entire collection for $28.

Direct Link

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Goddamn!

Genuinely surprised that they just outright killed Kilgrave. The IGH stuff is a good hook for a possible second season, as well. Definitely thinking we'll see some Hellcat action if that happens, too. Loved the banter and interplay with Claire and Jess. Definitely better chemistry there than with Charlie Cox, IMO

Overall it was pretty fantastic. High fucking bar they set, for Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
    Well they pretty much had to he's beyond any sort of redemption.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Goddamn!

Well they pretty much had to he's beyond any sort of redemption.
    They could have had him get away, or be depowered or anything like that. I mean, death and redemption weren't the only options. But that is not to say I am at all disappointed with how it played out. It was amazing.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Ep6
    very interesting moment with Kilgrave trying to buy the house. going out of his way not to use his powers to force the guy to sell. surprising and somehow made him even more sinister. what could he possibly be up to that he doesn't want to use his powers to get what he wants? he wasn't bothered about using them to get the money, so why not just force the guy to sell?

EDIT: oops wrong tags, glad i fixed that quick.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    I can't stop watching!!

• Options
    scherbchen wrote: »
    I can't stop watching!!

Why would you want to?

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I'm still only in episode 1 but much like Daredevil Jessica Jones really gains a lot from the netflix format.

It's able to use moments of silence and implication in a way that most shows which must immediately pull their viewers in simply don't have the luxury of doing.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    So can Kilgrave get a 'most creepiest villian ever' statue.
    Because i'm struggling to think of anyone worse.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah Kilgrave goes from creepy to real creepy to oh my god aahhhhh

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    GaryO wrote: »

General Kilgrave stuff
    I really liked/appreciated that even when he was getting backstory and "humanizing," he was still an incredibly creepy, manipulative, evil prick.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    I can't stop watching!!

Why would you want to?

Maybe to poop.

• Options
    beginning of Ep8
    "That's Hank. Say hi Hank."
    "Hi Hank"

brilliant. :lol:

• Options
    hippofant wrote: »
    I can't stop watching!!

Why would you want to?

Maybe to poop.

There is a Netflix app

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Start of Ep 9
    Jessica comments on his name. Haha.

• Options
    danx wrote: »
    Start of Ep 9
    Jessica comments on his name. Haha.

they did a great job of putting in some classic lines.

• Options
    ugh! stupid RL! 3 more episodes to watch and I can't!

give me bourbon.

your cheapest.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I need to start drinking now so I have an excuse not to go out.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »

Ep 4/early 5 spoilers
    Even though it's not the worst thing he's done, when it's revealed he's controlling Malcolm at the end of episode four my mind jumped back to that scene in the first episode where his elbow has all the syringe marks and wondering if he wasn't a junkie before he became controlled.

Then it was just confirmed this episode that that was the case and that is fucked up.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    So after almost 10 years, this new season of Veronica Mars is weird. I mean, this first episode, they replace Veronica with Woody Goodman's daughter and she's a drunk, and Aria T'Loak is now running a law firm instead of a private security firm, and both of them are on the east coast instead of west? You're going to lose your target audience, bros.

Episode 1
    It was actually kind of bleh until the last 10 minutes, which was good and got the tension and WTFness just right as opposed to the pepperings in the first 40 minutes of the show, and I think whoever is playing Patsy Walker or Trish Tilby or whatever she's called would have been a better Karen Page.

That sex scene was actually kind of laughable.

Just because the show can be 50 minutes as opposed to 42, doesn't mean it should. That would actually help the pacing. But that was the first episode, so who knows.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    hahaha episode 2
    Jessica is the world's least convincing nurse

fake edit:

and the end of episode 5, oh jeez

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.