As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: ACTIVATE NEW THREAD!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »
    Reno is a good feeling, but the best is still Harrisoning a Doomhammer or Jaraxxus hands.

I don't know why, but out of all the things in this game that make me flip my shit when they're played against me, Harrison is the worst. Even if they just get a 1/2 dagger with it.
    It must be because you know in your heart it does belong in a museum.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Got the 5 win brawl quest. Though "hey, it's just that minion=spells one, right? that can't be so bad"

even trying to abuse tempo mage has left me 2-for-fucking-15 over the last hour. fuck that noise

Had the same quest.

I've done amazingly well with aggro mech rogue. Had a full board by turn 4 thanks to mechwarpers and iron senseis.

Went like 7-2? Kept playing a bit more because it's a ton of fun.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Yeah. The trick for that brawl was "Lots of cheap minions, with a strong focus on 3 mana minions as well as a smattering of 7 mana minions".

Why? Because IMHO the 3 and 7 mana spell slots have the strongest average value (practically every 7 mana spell is a gamedecider, while 3 mana is littered with good spells).
    Technically 6 mana should have been pretty awesome, but all I got was a bunch of Ball of Spiders.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    4 mana is a pretty good spot too. Things like fireball and mindgames come up. 7 mana always seemed to give either crush or flamestrike which usually swings games at 0 mana.

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    I'd like some input about tightening this up. I'm short on cards (missing wings 3-5 of naxx, 2-5 of blackrock, have some but not much gvg or tgt, none of the core legendaries)

Specifically, how I spend some google play credit and gold (I'm inclined to take advice from earlier and nab the rest of naxx with my google play credit, not sure if I want to unlock blackrock with gold or get packs).

I've gotten to rank 15, I think I could climb a bit more--it plays fairly consistently, but it falls hard to most of the pure-meta decks.
    0i5z3pzjjv4p.png

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options

Does anyone have trouble creating decks on an ipad?

I can't seem to swipe cards into the deck.
    I can swipe cards OUT of the deck, but not in. They just won't drag.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    This past Brawl was fun for me! I think I did 17 or 18 games, with about 12 wins.

Made sure to save a screenshot of my decklist for when it comes back.

• Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Got the 5 win brawl quest. Though "hey, it's just that minion=spells one, right? that can't be so bad"

even trying to abuse tempo mage has left me 2-for-fucking-15 over the last hour. fuck that noise

Had the same quest.

I've done amazingly well with aggro mech rogue. Had a full board by turn 4 thanks to mechwarpers and iron senseis.

I did this with a controlly priest. I tended to either win or take my opponent with me via Auchenai+Tree of Life. Felt good to be able to just flip the table when my opponent set up an unbeatable board.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular

That's happened to me a few times. I've just rebooted the application and that seems to clear it up.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Who can I add to my friends list to get a quick "watch a friend win" quest completed?

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »
    Who can I add to my friends list to get a quick "watch a friend win" quest completed?

I'll be on in about an hour for a couple of quick games.

Otherwise, check the OP I believe.
    If the list is still there, there's tons of folk you should add.

Except @kime
    He brings a curse not even the old grape ones would wish on any immortal

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

I'll be on in about an hour for a couple of quick games.

Otherwise, check the OP I believe.
    If the list is still there, there's tons of folk you should add.

Except @kime
    He brings a curse not even the old grape ones would wish on any immortal

Thanks, I need to go through the OP list and add people, and add myself to the list.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular

The issue is if you drag a card onto the deck helper button. so either drag the card below the button or when you have enough cards, above it. It will not save any card dragged onto the button itself.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Teriferin wrote: »

Had the same quest.

I did this with a controlly priest. I tended to either win or take my opponent with me via Auchenai+Tree of Life. Felt good to be able to just flip the table when my opponent set up an unbeatable board.

Auchenai+Tree of Life is just evil. I wish I had thought of doing that.

I played a bunch with a Bloodlust Shaman, minus some of the cheap spells replaced by cheap minions, plus a couple Summoning Stones. I just dropped a bunch of cheap 1-4 mana minions, hoarded as many of the spells as possible, and then floaded the board with the Stone and zero cost spells. Seems that going from an empty board to a completely full board in a single turn followed by a bloodlust turn was really hard to deal with.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Had the same quest.

What happens if you kill both players at the same time?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Had the same quest.

What happens if you kill both players at the same time?

It's a tie. Shows the loss screen for both players but doesn't give/lose stars in ranked and doesn't count for anything in Arena. I've done it a couple of times as a warlock by forcing a draw with hellfire.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    So I buy three packs. Two of the cards in the first two packs are the exact same. The third also contained a copy. Blizzard, fix your RNG :P

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    So I buy three packs. Two of the cards in the first two packs are the exact same. The third also contained a copy. Blizzard, fix your RNG :P

If a card never showed up twice in a row, that'd hardly be random, would it? Fix your perceptions of RNG :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It would be much better if it were pseudorandom, opening 60 packs without a legendary feels bad man.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    the chances of rolling two of the same card in a pack should be pretty small, but it happens all the time. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, just not as frequently as it does. I opened like 12ish packs with gold when tgt came out and got like 4 burgles. That should not be the case with the number of cards there are.

• Options

If a card never showed up twice in a row, that'd hardly be random, would it? Fix your perceptions of RNG :P

But it's happened more than once! That can't be random, right!?
    Yes I know. I was actually OK with those packs, I got like 4 gold cards out of them :P. Just fun to make fun of randomness being random

Steam profile
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    ... god dammit Keep getting myself to the cusp of ranking up and then encountering SMOrc bullshit.

Where the fuck is my Reno?

edit: Or my Antique Healbot for that matter

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    the chances of rolling two of the same card in a pack should be pretty small, but it happens all the time. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, just not as frequently as it does. I opened like 12ish packs with gold when tgt came out and got like 4 burgles. That should not be the case with the number of cards there are.

If you consider how many people did not get 4 Burgles, it almost certainly would fit a normal distribution. It's like the stat homework of flipping coins that professors are so fond of. You can tell who cheated and didn't flip the coins because they don't have long enough runs of the same face coming up.

Normal distributions of "random-ness" include long runs of things that are seemingly un-random, which humans perceive (incorrectly) as being "not random." This is why most music players use pseudo-random distibution for shuffle, because true-random shuffle doesn't seem "random enough" to people. How we feel random statistics/probability should look and how it actually looks are really separate. Two good illustrations are the Monty Hall Problem and the Birthday Problem. Even when you explain the math behind them and show people that mathematically the answers to these are true, people will argue until they are blue in the face that it can't be right because it doesn't fit the common perception of what random chance should look like.

edit: That being said, I absolutely think packs should have pseudo-random chance introduced. Super long runs of no epics or legendaries is the worst.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    ... Uh that's weird. I saw my opponent is playing Implosion, butt he card is just hovering and isn't being played?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ... Uh that's weird. I saw my opponent is playing Implosion, butt he card is just hovering and isn't being played?

Disconnect/de-sync. Oldest bug in the game.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    3clipse wrote: »

Well, we're both still here, but they can't play and the turn isn't ending... nice.

Edit: Oh fuck off, it gave me the loss. That's not cool, they had nothing and I was going to win easily.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    I hate the Monty Hall problem so much. I'm usually really good at understanding unintuitive concepts, but Monty Hall only makes "sense" to me in one of the many explanations. grrrr :P

(Besides the math, of course. Math makes sense.)

Steam profile
  • Options

Well, we're both still here, but they can't play and the turn isn't ending... nice.

Edit: Oh fuck off, it gave me the loss. That's not cool, they had nothing and I was going to win easily.

More likely, you got DC'd but the game didn't tell you and didn't rejoin (this is the par that's a bug), he kept playing and killed you.

Sucks, especially now that the DC timer gives you 15 second turns instead of the full turn.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Trying out something new with my Wallet Warrior list:

CVFMlHCWIAA90SI.png:large

Jeweled Scarabs! I had already dropped down to a single Slam and Armorsmith, but decided to cut them. They were my weakest cards, I think. Armorsmith isn't quite as useful in this list because I'm not playing Cruel Taskmasters or Whirlwinds or Acolytes or other early game minions/activators. I had already dropped down to one Slam and one Armorsmith to fit Shredders in (which are a nice midgame play to help stabilize the board), so I figured let's try cutting them out completely.

Scarabs are pretty good so far, I think. I've gotten Bash, King's Defender, all kinds of useful stuff from them. They are pretty slow, but Control Warrior is slow anyway so it works out. I think it's better than Turn 2 Armor Up, anyway.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I hate the Monty Hall problem so much. I'm usually really good at understanding unintuitive concepts, but Monty Hall only makes "sense" to me in one of the many explanations. grrrr :P

Yeah, it's a real brain-bender. I really like it as an illustration of how counter-intuitive statistics and probability can be.

• Options

More likely, you got DC'd but the game didn't tell you and didn't rejoin (this is the par that's a bug), he kept playing and killed you.

Sucks, especially now that the DC timer gives you 15 second turns instead of the full turn.

I was still connected to battle net though, I was chatting with Hippofant while it was going on.

• Options
    edited November 2015

Yeah, it's a real brain-bender. I really like it as an illustration of how counter-intuitive statistics and probability can be.

Is this that stupid one where if you re-pick your selection from a smaller pool you have a "better" chance at picking the right one?

That's just dumb. =P

ed: I GUESS it's correct because it assumes you picked wrong in the first place, so that probability is strong enough to skew the smaller pool to have an overall greater significance and the power of selection equally stronger.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Trying out something new with my Wallet Warrior list:

CVFMlHCWIAA90SI.png:large

Jeweled Scarabs! I had already dropped down to a single Slam and Armorsmith, but decided to cut them. They were my weakest cards, I think. Armorsmith isn't quite as useful in this list because I'm not playing Cruel Taskmasters or Whirlwinds or Acolytes or other early game minions/activators. I had already dropped down to one Slam and one Armorsmith to fit Shredders in (which are a nice midgame play to help stabilize the board), so I figured let's try cutting them out completely.

Scarabs are pretty good so far, I think. I've gotten Bash, King's Defender, all kinds of useful stuff from them. They are pretty slow, but Control Warrior is slow anyway so it works out. I think it's better than Turn 2 Armor Up, anyway.

My concern about running no Slams or Cruel Taskmasters would be a lack of reliable Execute activators. I guess you have 2x Bash but that means you're not using it for early removal, which is what Bash excels at in my experience.

• Options

Is this that stupid one where if you re-pick your selection from a smaller pool you have a "better" chance at picking the right one?

That's just dumb. =P

And yet it's completely 100% true, shown both by mathematical proof and real-world and computer simulations. Like I said, it's great for understanding how counter-intuitive statistics and probability are.

I was still connected to battle net though, I was chatting with Hippofant while it was going on.

Yeah, it DCs you from the Hearthstone servers, not Battle.net, and doesn't let you know. It's a bug that's been in the game for as long as I've been playing.

• Options

It's not a traditional disconnect, there was some droppage somewhere between the game client and the server. You're still connected to bnet, yes, but the game itself is borked because its own communications got interrupted and it doesn't know what to do, causing the bug. Best bet is to immediately quit hearthstone as soon as you notice it's happening and relaunch.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015

That's just dumb. =P

And yet it's completely 100% true, shown both by mathematical proof and real-world and computer simulations. Like I said, it's great for understanding how counter-intuitive statistics and probability are.

Yeah, it DCs you from the Hearthstone servers, not Battle.net, and doesn't let you know. It's a bug that's been in the game for as long as I've been playing.

But then how could I emote with the player opposite me and have them respond?

Muffinatron on
  • Options

That's just dumb. =P

Wait, for real? Oh boy, it's an entirely new and exciting bug! You should report that to Blizzard.

What a time to be alive.

• Options

That's just dumb. =P

Wait, for real? Oh boy, it's an entirely new and exciting bug! You should report that to Blizzard.

What a time to be alive.

Nope, that's the same bug. You don't get disconnected from Hearthstone at all, it'd kick you out if it did. It's a back-end server communication issue that is completely unrelated to the player.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    ... Just fucking magical.

I'm getting screwed by card draw pretty much every game. On the one game I don't, I encounter a brand new bug that gives me a loss. So far I'm down 5 stars as a result while face hunter keeps winning against me despite having to put no tactical thought into the game whatsoever...

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Heh...last night i was playing raptor rogue (its fun!) against a deathrattle shaman. we were evenly matched, and down to our single digits of health. I was mostly topdecking I had 5 potential damage on the board and he had just popped thaddius. Next turn i was dead....but then he made a mistake. he got cute and instead of going for the face, he killed one of my minions with a shredder and immediately hit his hero power as his last available action. The shredder summoned that priest mob that does 4 damage to both players on an inspire, which triggered on his hero power putting me at like 2 health but him down into kill range by my single minion + my dagger. He immediately started spewing 'that was a mistake' and im like...sorry...*bam*.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum