As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PWG puts on best show of the year, surprising no one [WRESTLING]

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The hacker gimmick was really lame.

That gimmick was so de-emphasized when he made his debut I don't think it had any major affect on him.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I'm still trying to determine if Callahan not working out in NXT was mostly his fault or theirs.

He was written very, very, very poorly. He never had ANY purpose to be on my screen or working matches. He never got booked in any feuds.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Former RAW General Manager Brad Maddox has a new name lined up for his post-WWE career — and honestly, it’s even better than the one he had before.

Sources close to Maddox tell us the wrestler will now be using the name Mad Braddox. In conjunction with the name change, we’re told he’ll also be launching a ProWrestlingTees.com store tomorrow afternoon featuring 3 shirt designs.

Still no word on where or when he plans to wrestle following his release from WWE last week … but with a new name and store, it looks like we haven’t seen the last of Brad Maddox.

Brad “The Mad Ox” [Rad Ox] Mad Braddox Maddox.

I hope the designs are Rad Ox, Mad Ox, and Bad Ox

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    I'm still trying to determine if Callahan not working out in NXT was mostly his fault or theirs.

He was written very, very, very poorly. He never had ANY purpose to be on my screen or working matches. He never got booked in any feuds.

But why didn't they give him those opportunities? That's the weird thing in all of this. NXT is huge on using noted indy talent, what went wrong here?

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Controversial oppinion: Outside of Crash Holly's contributions the Hardcore title scene in both WWE and WCW suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I don't need to watch Taz sell cooking pan shots from Pete Gas and the less said about WCW's Hardcore division the better.

the best thing about crash holly is that he isn't bob holly

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w76oruSg8Yk

I love everything happening in this video.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    speaking of UpUpDownDown, sasha and bayley are going to be on it for an mkx throwdown

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »

Damn, over 250K subs. That enough to start making money on the channel?

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular

Roughly 2:40 of screentime.

Better than his entire NXT run.

Looked better, talked better, had more intensity.

How did they mess this guy up?

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Even though Bray's character has been shit on relentlessly on TV, he's still the only one that's weird to see out of kayfabe here because he's just so committed to the gimmick.

Also, I hope that Austin just comes to the ring next RAW with Miz's IC title around his waist. Zero explanation. Just confuse the shit out of everyone. Maybe start a feud with KO. Just because.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options

This comment from uproxx provides an interesting theory
    The problem with Callihan was that the act that got him over on the indies could never translate to NXT/WWE. Indy crowds loved him because he was a smaller guy who wrestled like a huge brawler. He walked out of the curtain at 100mph and never stopped, continuing to take chair shots like a champ and sacrifice his body.

In NXT, that ceases to work. With a toned down style, the absence of blood, and against much larger competition (not to sound like Vince, but Callihan really is a smaller guy), Sami’s intensity comes off as a manic underdog.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

current mood: crying because of a sad ice cream cone

• Options

This comment from uproxx provides an interesting theory
    The problem with Callihan was that the act that got him over on the indies could never translate to NXT/WWE. Indy crowds loved him because he was a smaller guy who wrestled like a huge brawler. He walked out of the curtain at 100mph and never stopped, continuing to take chair shots like a champ and sacrifice his body.

In NXT, that ceases to work. With a toned down style, the absence of blood, and against much larger competition (not to sound like Vince, but Callihan really is a smaller guy), Sami’s intensity comes off as a manic underdog.

Meh. You can make the intense underdog thing work, though. Daniel Bryan is a prime example.

You just have to want to do it.

• Options
    Maybe he just wasn't liked by the top brass, who knows.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

Damn, over 250K subs. That enough to start making money on the channel?

Yeah that's definitely enough. Probably not enough to make a living off of, but it certainly helps whoever is getting the check in the end.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    what wasn't manic about Daniel Bryan

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Right now the worst thing in WWE for me is the state of the Wyatt family. They aren't lost causes yet and can still do good stuff but creative just doesn't seem to want to give them credible victories. And I don't see anything in the near future for them to do that's unique unless they start going for titles or maybe tease a face run.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    speaking of UpUpDownDown, sasha and bayley are going to be on it for an mkx throwdown

Bayley is a secret Kotal Khan player who has a 57% damage combo that ends in the solar hug.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I mean the most likely scenario is just that they didn't handle him well

Dude was a somewhat notable indy star but I can't remember a single actual feud they put him in, he never showed up on a Takeover I can recall and his initial gimmick was hot garbage and afterwards he transitioned to having basically no gimmick

He might have been disliked or something I guess but it seems way more plausible to me that he just got lost in the NXT shuffle of constantly adding new talent and revamping old talent. Maybe if he stuck around another 6 months he'd have gotten a repackaging but I can't blame the dude for deciding to leave

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    So apparently that Elias Samson vignette from last week was more than just him doing some goofy guitar drifter song.

Looks like dude is going for the title?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Dude was a somewhat notable indy star but I can't remember a single actual feud they put him in, he never showed up on a Takeover I can recall and his initial gimmick was hot garbage and afterwards he transitioned to having basically no gimmick

He might have been disliked or something I guess but it seems way more plausible to me that he just got lost in the NXT shuffle of constantly adding new talent and revamping old talent. Maybe if he stuck around another 6 months he'd have gotten a repackaging but I can't blame the dude for deciding to leave

don't forget that they paired him with that lady who turned out to be a neo-nazi

• Options

don't forget that they paired him with that lady who turned out to be a neo-nazi
    True but at least that never made it to TV

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Is she still with the company?

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    W10709.jpg
    Oh my

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

as far as I know they fired her immediately

• Options
    W10710.jpg
    That is easily the best Roman Reigns shirt they've done so far

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular

Is Seth still with her?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Is Seth still with her?

They had to avoid showing her at Seth's knee surgery so sadly yes.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    W10710.jpg
    That is easily the best Roman Reigns shirt they've done so far

i could wear this shirt and not feel self conscious about it!

so yeah, best one by a mile

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Highly recommend checking out the PROGRESS show from today. Card:

Pre-show:
    Dave Mastiff vs Eddie Dennis
    The Dazzler Team vs Sweet Jesus

Rampage Brown vs Big Daddy Walter
    Jack Sexsmith vs Damon Moser vs Shen Woo
    Paul Robinson vs Mark Haskins
    Tommaso Ciampa vs Marty Scurll
    Sumerian Death Squad vs The Origin vs The London Riots for the tag titles
    Flash Morgan Webster vs Zack Gibson
    Will Ospreay vs Mark Andrews for the world title

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    So apparently that Elias Samson vignette from last week was more than just him doing some goofy guitar drifter song.

yes

give me all the Real Life Hobo Elias Sampson

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

Is Seth still with her?

They had to avoid showing her at Seth's knee surgery so sadly yes.

ewwww.

edit: Same reaction for Reigns shirt.

CorporateRed on
    Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I don't want Elias Sampson to be NXT Champion but I do want him to be the official bard of WWE just going around writing hobo songs about every storyline.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Roman Empire still sounds dumb every time it's said out loud.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Fucker skipped over Bo Dallas so I hope he loses immediately and often.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.