As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Path of Fire expansion to be released on Sept 22!

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    The other option, which I was also suspecting...
    Is that this is all a big fat red herring. The truth is that Lazarus is... 4/5 of Lazarus. Whoops. Marjory and Taimi's lines could easily be re-cut/re-spliced together and actually be about somebody else (Phlunt, maybe). Kasmeer's "It can't be!" exclamation is actually that she, too, thinks he must be somebody masquerading as Lazarus, but no, it turns out he's 4/5ths of the real deal and he was being honest the whole time.

So this could all be a bunch of cinematography tricks to get us to wildly speculate about the wrong thing. /shrug

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I think that option would be very silly from their marketing/writing department though. Overhype his identity and then say "nah, fakeout!"

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Hrm the legendary armor doesn't really look that cool to me. Given the monumentally time consuming task I'm sure it requires, that's outside my scope.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    so after some thought
    I think the most interesting outcome would be if Lazarus is Queen Jennah, and if in fact Queen Jennah has been a puppet of Kralkatorrick from the beginning. Kralk seems to have some relation to Mesmer magic as a whole and some pretty strong relations to Mesmers... I'm thinking that his Spheres of Influence are Crystal and Light, given the way Glint is associated with Light. Which would mean that he's very, very good at illusions. Jennah being corrupted by Kralk and covering it up with powerful illusion magic would explain A LOT -- the real reason why she pulled Logan away at the last second (to ensure DE failed), her RIDICULOUSLY powerful mesmer magic, the creepy way she basically just destroyed democracy in Kryta... even helping us kill the other dragons helps Kralk, because it feeds him their power/energy.

A dragon minion would have the ability to absorb excess magic like that without dying. A corrupted Queen Jennah would explain why the entity would want the explosion halted to keep it from turning Kryta into a crater -- powerful corrupted dragon minions are usually shown to have SOME memories/connection to their prior lives, and we've also seen Minion sleeper agents (the Sylvari). If Kralk shares many traits with Glint, then he's going to be a master manipulator and might even have some prophetic abilities / foresight.

Alternately, she's not a Kralk minion, but this is still her doing, and it's out of a deeply misguided sense of how best to protect Kryta. The minion/sleeper agent thing though still explains why she'd call back Logan when in truth she had the situation handled, her insane godlike powers, and how if she is Lazarus she was able to absorb all that magic without just being vaporized like the Mantle (dragon minions eat magic).

Jennah, as a mesmer, would have the ability to teleport around like Lazarus has been seen to do, and it'd explain how she got there at the exact moment. If she KNEW what the mantle were doing (very likely) she could just port in.

Livia is Anise, which is what we've all thought all along; she actually DOES NOT know about the Queen's deception, because the Branded Queen is that good at what she does. This massive betrayal would force Livia to show her hand. "But livia's a necro--" in GW1 you could dual-class, duh.

Like I know that on some level this sounds totally bonkers (and it is), but we've had a little more setup for this than Joko out of left field. Meanwhile, we've been getting a LOT of reminders that Jennah is a near-godlike powerful mesmer, and that she may not be a good person at all, given what she just did to the Council. Trailer had Lazarus pretty clearly using some sort of purple-ish Mesmer-like magic.

"The lies, the willingness to kill to get what he wants..." We've SEEN Jennah kill to get what she wants. We helped her do it. I can't think of a specific instance where she's lied outright, but she's a politician AND a Mesmer, it's what they do.

And it'd explain Kasmeer's utter shock and disbelief at what she's seeing, and the fact that she personally knows the person behind Lazarus.

Alternately: Same kind of deal, but yes, it's Anise/Livia instead -- Anise/Livia corrupted by Kralk (explaining how a Necro got Mesmer powers) who has been manipulating Jennah all this time.

Basically, I've thought Jennah was shady since day one, and it'd be nice to see something come of that unease, especially since they've recently ramped it up.
    It would also explain how she walks around with no shoes and doesn't get cut. She's channeling Kralk through her connection to the earth.

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    I'd laugh if it played out as follows:

Kasmeer: No... It can't be! I know who Lazarus is! Its-

*Lazarus blows up Kasmeer and teleports away*

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    naengwen wrote: »
    I'd laugh if it played out as follows:

Kasmeer: No... It can't be! I know who Lazarus is! Its-

*Lazarus blows up Kasmeer and teleports away*

You joke but I wouldn't put it past the story to actually do that.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    By the by, if you're not interested in legendary armor or weapons pay close attention to the trading Post over the next few days. Mats used in those recipes are bound to skyrocket. Good time to sell :)

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I recently logged back in after a few year hiatus. Can someone enlighten me as to why my bags are filled with unsalvageable pvp gear, much of it not for a necromancer?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Sounds like you stopped playing before they introduced wardrobe. PvP stats and accessories were condensed down to amulet, weapons, and sigil/runes. Armor doesn't factor anymore so any PvP armor you got was inserted into the wardrobe and made obsolete. I think you can vendor them though?

EDIT: If I'm correct then make sure you log into all of your characters. You'll fill up your wardrobe/wallet with each one.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oooh if it was that long ago then it may also be related to the PvP scoring updates they made. Glory was made obsolete along with any PvP specific crafting items you might've gotten, replaced with the reward track system. You might still be able to sell some of it though.

naengwen on
  • Options
    Sadly no so I went on a destroy binge. I am a pack rat, but never to the extent that I logged into. Thanks.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular
    Quick FYI: I've added some "random" crates next to the harvesting places in the guild hall. If you stand on the crates you can harvest 3 of the nodes at a time - optimisation for those who didn't know the positioning to minimise having to walk ;)

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Giving this a try as something to play with my daughter, could someone toss [redacted] an invite? I'd just ask someone in game but I have no idea how to even look up who is online :p

edit: wait, how does that work, anyway? If you invite based on accountwide name, does that mean all characters are in the guild? Can't be in multiple guilds/unguilded alt? or...what

Ranlin on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I sent you an invite. The way it works is that your entire account is invited at once. All your characters can represent the guild

You have 5 guild slots you can be a part of, but you can only "represent" one. What that means is that is the guild tag that will show up on your character, and you will use /g to speak to that guild. Your other guild's chats will still show up, and you can respond to them with /g1 /g2 /g3 /g4 or /g5. You can un-represent at any time, or leave any of the guilds you don't want to be a part of anymore.

You can even create chat tabs that only show the chat from whichever guilds you want by only leaving whichever g# channel you want. Press G to accept an invite, then check the box to represent whichever guild you want. Some guilds want you to be more active in their guild and require you to "represent" them 100% of your in-game time. Ours is not like that, its just rep if you want, or don't and just chat with whoever. Very laid back. :)

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Huh, that's a pretty neat system.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Check out the guild hall too. I'm assuming Lea and Corrigan haven't wrecked the place while some of us have been gone.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Check out the guild hall too. I'm assuming Lea and Corrigan haven't wrecked the place while some of us have been gone.

I made a great corner, all glory to the hypnotoad.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Currently fumbling my way through Heart of Thorns content. My old brain needs to get used to dodging again. If NICE has the room to spare, I'd be okay with flying the kraken banner once more.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Give me your account name and I'll toss you an invite.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Will do after work. Thanks.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Somewhat belated, but here's the pic from Sunday's missions. Been a while since we've taken piccies!

8q43jkaniw11.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Well there was a leak. We now know almost every class's specialization and what weapons they're getting, and the new mastery tracks for the expansion. really really sucks on Anet's end, but holy fuck am I hyped.

Edit - Okay, officer hat on. Discussion of the leak in guild chat is not allowed. You can discuss that there was a leak, but don't go into any specifics. Some people do not like leaks or anything, so we'll keep guild chat spoiler free until its official.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In other news, 2 Gorsevals, a mathias and an after KC event and i'm done with tier 1 legendary armor collection. Ive been having so much fun in raids. Its crazy stressful, but fun.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    I think this might be a more accurate set of leaks than the reddit thread I think you're talking about.

• Options
    No, thats what i'm talking about.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Because this one is just full of dumb things but managed to raise the price of sawgill mushrooms by 1500% in an hour.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    If that leak is accurate then (actual spoilers for that leak thing)
    I'm totally building Astralaria as my first legendary for my mesmer.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I'm hoping that Holosmith means we Engineers are getting something like Mesmer phantasms / illusions. Maybe if we're really lucky it'll mean a second class gets access to Aclarity (esp since iirc Mesmers only get it on Chronomancer, yes?)

*edit*
    KALLA SCORCHRAZER LEGEND FOR REVENANTS YES??? My rev is like level 5 XD and a joke character. I'm not sure I even care. I kind of hope that's a shortbow, too, because Chuka & Champawat...

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    I think this might be a more accurate set of leaks than the reddit thread I think you're talking about.

Welp
    Guess I'm making Bolt for my Engi...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Leak talk
    1. What's up with Ranger? That looks like a Dagger, and they already can use daggers... unless it's mainhand dagger, which seems dumb.
    2. Why is that not a hammer? Where is bunny thumper?

I'm excited for the expansion, but incredibly bummed about ranger. The class mechanic is gonna get to be super cool to make up for the letdown of mainhand dagger :(

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Well, those were taken down really quickly.

• Options
    Patch is up.

Notes are pretty brief, but here's the best part:
    Blood Rubies, Jade Shards, Petrified Wood, and Winterberries have been added to material storage.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So, the legendary armor actually changes when in combat. For light and medium, more pieces show up to cover more of your character (the mask for light and the leg cloak part of Medium's only shows up when weapons are drawn, for example) heavy covers you from head to toe, but it's gets spikier and more ornate, plus all of them have a brief wing effect when you draw your weapons.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Me: "ugh I can't get any work done today because I'm waiting on clients and stuff. I'll play Guild Wars 2 I guess since the new LS is out."
    GW2: hi my .dat file is corrupted beyond repair. you'll have to re-install me! and re-download the ENTIRE .DAT ALL OVER AGAIN :D

;-;

• Options
    So... on who Lazarus really is...

I'll accept it, because it's probably going to answer one of the biggest lore questions about what happened between GW1 and GW2.

Still kinda wish it was actually Lazarus...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Now I have to leave for work, but guessing on what little I played after that, I'm guessing that (Spoilers!)
    Balthazar might not be the only one of the Six Gods making a personal appearance

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    If that leak is accurate then (actual spoilers for that leak thing)
    I'm totally building Astralaria as my first legendary for my mesmer.
    Really curious as to what the new spec will do for the class. I enjoy the concept of mesmers but the fact that it's mostly centered around buffing others didn't make it fit well with how I was normally playing. Chrono obviously added some really great buffs but I really hope for being able to be good when I'm doing stuff solo and not make my head hurt as much as trying to remember a quickness and alacrity rotation.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    So... Most awesome thing about the story...
    Go to your home instance at the end. Personal cat sitter and GW1 jukebox...

• Options
    This is why you shouldn't believe everything you read on reddit...

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/73504-sawgill-mushroom

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    P

On the subject of the Guild Hall, how long has that airship been there ?

I'm assuming it's relatively new. Or I'm just really unobservant...

• Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    So... on who Lazarus really is...

I'll accept it, because it's probably going to answer one of the biggest lore questions about what happened between GW1 and GW2.

Still kinda wish it was actually Lazarus...

Yeah, agree :\ Tbh I'm pretty disappointed, the reveal wasn't telegraphed very well and makes zero sense. At least, not right now in the story. I kinda suspect knowing Arenanet's storytelling that it'll continue to make no fucking sense.

This discussion has been closed.