As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Cool. I've been enjoying using my wheel again lately but Dirt Rally doesn't have paved tracks and the engine sounds in Project Cars frankly suck. I'm hoping FM7 will be legit. That screenshot looks great!

• Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Better question: WIll Forza Motorsport 7 be a Scorpio launch title?

Because if it is, I need to start saving up for the Ultimate Edition, a Scorpio, and a 4K TV now.

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    does it kinda bum anyone else out that 7 is coming out "already". a forza game every year, i don't know. horizon 3 and 6 are already both amazing, like just make more content for those and don't make me buy an entirely new forza 7 so soon.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Speaking of content...

Forza Horizon 3 Porsche Pack

https://youtu.be/SMGFYH8kvfg

2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
    2016 Porsche Cayman GT4
    2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo
    1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
    1995 Porsche 911 GT2
    1955 Porsche 550A Spyder
    1960 Porsche 718 RS 60

This kicks off a new 6 Year Partnership Between Forza and Porsche, more info in the link.

It is $7 US (remember, this is the first pack outside the Car Pass window), out today.

It also kicks off a special schedule of Porsche Forzathon events for the rest of the month (from the link):
    Porsche + #Forzathon
    The Porsche Car Pack isn’t the only way we’re celebrating the new partnership between Forza and Porsche. Starting this week, we’ll be serving up brand new #Forzathon events each week, with amazing Porsche reward cars! Here’s a sneak peek at the events and cars available in April:

Event #1
    Basket of Goodies
    14th – 17th April
    Win the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 and more!

Event #2
    Show Us What You’re Working With
    21st – 24th April
    Take home the Porsche 959 and more!

Event #3
    Horizon Secret Service
    28th April – 1st May
    Compete and win the Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 and more!

One-Day Event
    Putting on a show
    April 18th
    Win the Porsche 918 Spyder and more!

Note that you don’t need to own the Porsche Car Pack to get these special #Forzathon reward cars. Just like any #Forzathon event, all you need to do is complete the event and the reward car can be yours.

Most excitingly, this means the 2nd Expansion Pack will not be a Porsche pack!!!

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    ...racetrack expansion pack confirmed?

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Man, I just can't wait to take those Porsches off-road /s

They couldn't even give us the Porsche Cayenne in a game that is mostly off-road racing?

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Already told you the 2nd big expansion wouldn't be a Porsche one. Have a little faith in my rationale, Eclibull. ;P

• Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    does it kinda bum anyone else out that 7 is coming out "already". a forza game every year, i don't know. horizon 3 and 6 are already both amazing, like just make more content for those and don't make me buy an entirely new forza 7 so soon.

We've had a new Forza game every year since 2011. This isn't a new thing.

Kestrel1.png
  • Options
    Kestrel1 wrote: »

mmhmm

and what i'm saying is I think now is the perfect time for there to be a 2 year break

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Nope gimme a motorsport game please.

In fact, for microsoft, given they're about to launch an upgraded version of their console, this might be the worst time to have a break ever.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Kestrel1 wrote: »

and what i'm saying is I think now is the perfect time for there to be a 2 year break

Like, hey guys, you should stop making money.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Also, skipping a hardware launch year with an exclusive franchise that is tailor made to show off said hardware would be beyond stupid.

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
  • Options
    I don't think you guys understand what I'm saying

I personally just want a break and for them to focus on more content for their 2 great games. obviously it makes sense that 7 is launching with scorpio

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Anyone else on PC get the game resetting their graphics settings? I don't know if it's after patches or what, but it's every couple weeks or so. When I launch it's like "Oh, we recommend you run on MEDIUM" even though my system never dips below 55 fps on Ultra. So then I have to reset it and sit through the "Optimizing for your PC" load.

Also a photo
    olEVvI5.jpg

And I'm calling shenanigans on this exhaust attach point:
    1XYw8zU.jpg

• Options
    I told you it wasn't going to be Porches. I knew it would have to push some boundaries. I didn't expect those boundaries would be demolished with all the speed and recklessness of a Hennessey Venom. :P

https://youtu.be/NxyLKhYdajk

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    That's my first day of school.

Do I really need math to graduate comp sci? I'm sure they'll understand.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Zonda R finally back in a Forza game and it's Horizon 3. T10 plz.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    omfg i'm excited for that

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I am all about that hot wheels expansion, guess I will have to cop that expansion pass since I never got around to getting blizz mountain.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    So, Trackmania meets Forza Horizon? Sold. :D

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    I swear I'm still alive guys, and for some unknown reason I feel compelled to start showing up again on May 9

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Fuck
    yes

I will buy this expansion (if it's not $20)

• Options
    I told you it wasn't going to be Porches. I knew it would have to push some boundaries. I didn't expect those boundaries would be demolished with all the speed and recklessness of a Hennessey Venom. :P

https://youtu.be/NxyLKhYdajk

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Kestrel1.png
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Fuck
    yes

It's in the release article I linked. It's 100% $20 USD.

• Options
    Huh... wouldn't have guessed that one.

That looks just the right amount of stupid.

• Options
    Hahaha whaaaat. Finally I'll have a place to drive all the S and X cars. Looks nutty.

Buried in the article they mention the ability to "modify stunt track sections", which sounds like a hoot.

• Options
    Fuck
    yes

expansion pass is both expansions for 30? 35? i don't know. I own the gold edition so i got a discount of some sort on the expansion pass

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Fuck
    yes

expansion pass is both expansions for 30? 35? i don't know. I own the gold edition so i got a discount of some sort on the expansion pass

That's....weird. Are you maybe thinking of when you bought it during the holiday sale when it got discounted to $25 or whatever? I have went with the Ultimate Edition, and I'm not seeing a discount on the Expansion Pass.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    nope, ultimate edition owners 100% got a discount if you bought the expansion pass buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it might have only been when it was first announced (I feel like I vaguely remember that which i why i bought it)

edit - http://news.xbox.com/2016/12/13/forza-horizon-3-blizzard-mountain-expansion-now-available/
    Blizzard Mountain is available separately for $19.99 or as part of the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass, which gives players discounted access to two expansions for $34.99. Ultimate Edition owners receive a $10 discount on the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass if purchased before the end of 2016.
    so ya it was $25 and I jumped on it while I could

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    I hope you fall off the loops if you are going too slow and/or have sucky aero.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    There is no place more appropriate for crazy hot wheels racing action than Australia. I might have to get this game.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Downloading HotWheels update now w00t! My son is going to go nuts tonight.

• Options
    Reminder to everyone that, yes, it is still like Blizzard Island, the Game Update is not the Expansion, the Expansion has to be downloaded as well (so for Expansion Pass owners, go to the store and it should just have an "Install" button or Manage Game on the Forza Horizon 3 icon should have it listed).

• Options
    Yeah was just coming here for that reason. It's 2017 but this is still pants-on-head stupid; in game it offers Hot Wheels and puts it on the map, I say yes! and drive there. Then it says "oh you want to install it?" So I say "Install" in the game. It asks for my XBL password and... then the dialog goes away and does nothing. Doesn't tell me anything, just goes away. 0 feedback or instruction. Had to come launch the Store app, go find the expansion, and then there was an install button. If the button in the game isn't going to do anything, don't put the button there!

Crikey!

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    When trying to take a picture while upside down in a loop, the camera is a bit wonky to try and get the altitude right.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    Reminder to everyone that, yes, it is still like Blizzard Island, the Game Update is not the Expansion, the Expansion has to be downloaded as well (so for Expansion Pass owners, go to the store and it should just have an "Install" button or Manage Game on the Forza Horizon 3 icon should have it listed).

Thank you uncle Eclibul. I wonder if someone in the UX design department just hates their job and is seeing how many terrible things they could make before someone decides to get rid of them.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Yo this PC update tho

I'm seeing 100+fps in Surfer's Paradise now what is even going on

• Options
    @ArcticLancer Are we going to see you again with this new expansion?

• Options
    I'll admit that I'm not really tempted. Horizon just isn't doing it for me on the "drive with other people" front. I still think it was a phenomenal experience, but I'm kinda tired of how the current iteration of the Forza engine handles cars. I don't feel rewarded at all in Horizon because "driving well" barely exists and gives you nothing for doing it. Compounded by the fact that "tuning well" makes absurd rocket cars and it's not really my taste at the moment. Like ... moreso for the locked 30 second EOR timer. I don't mind racing a few people at the back, but it's not fun when you don't finish 50% of the events in a night either.