As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    If I see you online when I get on, I'll send you an invite and we can do some ranked adventuring.

Just make sure your victory emote is the 2 step. My ultimate Horizon 4 goal is to see 6 people doing a synchronized victory 2 step in front of their cars like a boy band.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    If I see you online when I get on, I'll send you an invite and we can do some ranked adventuring.

Just make sure your victory emote is the 2 step. My ultimate Horizon 4 goal is to see 6 people doing a synchronized victory 2 step in front of their cars like a boy band.

I just got the Shamone emote, so I'm gonna be using that as much as possible. I think right now I've got the karate kid crane kick thing as my showboat and Shamone as my victory.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I just got the Shamone emote, so I'm gonna be using that as much as possible. I think right now I've got the karate kid crane kick thing as my showboat and Shamone as my victory.

I guess that's fine, especially since the Shamone emote is great, but if we get 6 PAers together and the synchronized 2 step doesn't happen I will be very disappointed in us.

Edit: Oh :snap: , the Horizon update is out https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst132711_FH4-Release-Notes--Updated-October-1st--2018.aspx
    Cross-Platform
    • General stability improvements
    • Changed the Titan FE Rivals Event to a regular Titan with an Upgrade Preset so non-VIPs can play it.
    • Fix for stall when connecting to a multiplayer session.
    • Fix for traffic sometimes not respawning after exiting an event sign-up in Horizon Life or after completing a Horizon Story.
    • Fix for Creative Hub data when accessed from Leaderboards.
    • Fix for crash during the rewards flow after completing a Horizon Story.
    • Fix for race position changing sometimes when crossing the line in co-op.
    • Fix for Xbox Silver Accounts not defaulting to Horizon Solo, resulting in failure to connect to multiplayer servers.
    • Fix for #Forzathon Live cinematics disappearing after disconnection.
    • Updated chase camera on the Mercedes Unimog to improve visibility.

PC
    • Manual HDR option added. Note that some PC HDR users may find that their HDR setting becomes set to 'off' due to this update. They will need to toggle it back on using the manual setting.
    • Fix for HDR detection when multiple displays are connected.
    • Fix for user video settings being reset when graphics drivers are updated. Note that updating the driver just before running with this game update may still reset the video settings.
    • Minimum AMD graphics driver version updated to 18.9.3.
    • Fix for GPU crash after displaying the boot logo videos.
    • Improvements to video options auto-detection when running with a 4k monitor.
    • Fix for some cars parts appearing semi-transparent on AMD GPUs.
    • Fix for accelerator pedal not working on Thrustmaster T150 in some set-ups.

Xbox
    • Fix for displaying the fallback car when reaching the Dirt race series with only the initial install chunk installed.

Veevee on
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    So are they're rules for raunch for pa race night? I found a truly terrible design for my vw bug, it's legit just big ole tiddies. Very poorly created, but there is a bit of areola peekage. Should I just go ahead and change it or can I keep my garbage car for tomorrow?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    So are they're rules for raunch for pa race night? I found a truly terrible design for my vw bug, it's legit just big ole tiddies. Very poorly created, but there is a bit of areola peekage. Should I just go ahead and change it or can I keep my garbage car for tomorrow?

I mean, I've been rocking whatever lewd anime liveries I can get my hands on, so you're probably fine.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Yeah I figured lewd anime was fine. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a no areola rule

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    my dude, don't let anyone tell you otherwise you're in the right place!

there was that time Joe had a diseased-looking dick on the roof of his car

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    It took an hour or two for me to finish that 7 mil skill points in an off-road vehicle. I ended up using a Willy’s Jeep.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    It took an hour or two for me to finish that 7 mil skill points in an off-road vehicle. I ended up using a Willy’s Jeep.

I saw 7 mil to finish and get 100 points an I'm kind of thinking nah, just doing Live events is enough.

• Options
    Handkor wrote: »

I saw 7 mil to finish and get 100 points an I'm kind of thinking nah, just doing Live events is enough.

Just use an offroad vehicle as your freeroam and events car for a while and you'll hit 7mil before you know it.

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular

Just use an offroad vehicle as your freeroam and events car for a while and you'll hit 7mil before you know it.

As long as it doesn't randomly reset when changing cars or between sessions or after races. As it does. A lot.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Someone please tell me that the music gets better in this game.

• Options

As far as I can tell, no.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular

As far as I can tell, no.

Really? Man, I don't understand how they managed to put together a soundtrack that has zero charm.

• Options
    I use Timeless station. But there are so few songs that after an hour of playing I want to turn it off. But... I bought the skills song house and want those sweet extra points.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    If you're joining an adventure is there seriously no way to buy a car if you don't have one that matches?! wtf game it'd take all of 10 seconds to let me go into the autoshow and buy/aututune something to what I need, and there's like a 40 second timer anyway.../facepalm

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Bass Arena and Pulse aren't anywhere as good as they were in FH3. Block Party and Hospital are still good though. XS has some good stuff too, though I've only ever heard like 4 songs on it, it's never playing anything new when I tune in lol

• Options
    Yeah, I pretty much leave it on Hospital nowadays. It's just some nice generic drum and bass and works well in the background. XS has Jack White on it, which can be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShCRN3tFy80

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Same for me it's always the same 4 songs playing, which is too bad cause I enjoy the DJs talking about the festival events.

• Options
    MuddypawsMuddypaws Lactodorum, UKRegistered User regular
    ‘Zadok the Priest’ at full volume makes even drive-by “Binman” runs feel epic. Timeless and XS are still ok and I’m glad clueless Aussie presenter is back. Lace making museum updates have never been so exciting.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Man, the ingame livery editor is butts. 3 hours of work later and I'm still nowhere near done.

XwEJe6H.png?2

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    holy shit, that looks awesome actually
    Like, I can put premade shapes to make stripes, shit like that is insane to me

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    holy shit, that looks awesome actually
    Like, I can put premade shapes to make stripes, shit like that is insane to me

It's not really that impressive, just time consuming. I'm playing on PC, so I can edit the transparency of my FH4 window and just trace an image I have of Cammy behind it.
    Image for reference:

7rWe1s2.jpg?1

Actually drawing with the objects is pretty hard, though, which is why there's some discrepancies in line width and whatnot.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    It's terrible. When they decided (many games ago) that even though the tech was way better they were going to stick with the shit system because "look what people make with it!" I wrote it off. Half their justification was that designs/vinyls would be filled with XYZ if they made it easier, but they're already filled with that. It just makes creating miserable and turns off anyone who doesn't want to sink silly amounts of time. I like doing art and making things a lot and I'd have way more designs and vinyls out there, like I did in old Forza games before I got sick of it, if it wasn't such a chore.

For example, they could give you a gorram fill tool ffs. Your line work is looking great but if/when you try to put color in her face/hair you're going to scream because it's barely less tedious than making the lines to begin with.

• Options
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    It's terrible. When they decided (many games ago) that even though the tech was way better they were going to stick with the shit system because "look what people make with it!" I wrote it off. Half their justification was that designs/vinyls would be filled with XYZ if they made it easier, but they're already filled with that. It just makes creating miserable and turns off anyone who doesn't want to sink silly amounts of time. I like doing art and making things a lot and I'd have way more designs and vinyls out there, like I did in old Forza games before I got sick of it, if it wasn't such a chore.

For example, they could give you a gorram fill tool ffs. Your line work is looking great but if/when you try to put color in her face/hair you're going to scream because it's barely less tedious than making the lines to begin with.

Yeah, you weren't kidding.

HHBhNCQ.png?1

Still, making progress. Should hopefully have it done sometime tomorrow. Then I can get to actually putting it on a car and doing all of that nonsense. I don't think you can zoom out and in, too, which means I think I pretty much limited myself to the head and upper torso unless I do some weird resizing shenanigans or just do the lower half as a separate thing.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Pro strats is to do it on the top of a flat car

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    or side/top of a van

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Woo, got Cammy done.

yaSuFO9.png?1

Need to add some more stuff, though. Probably a driver number, driver name, and some primary/secondary/tertiary sponsors. I was thinking of maybe adding like, the Street Fighter Alpha 3 logo and the Capcom logo, but I'd have to make those myself in order to share it, so idk. Seems like a hassle :\ I really wish they made stuff easier for sharing stuff. Like, I get that people get protective over the stuff they made in it, but it kinda sucks that even if like a dozen other people have made the Capcom logo in game, I have to make it myself as well if I want to share my livery design. At least, I think that's how it works? Every time I look at the community stickers or whatever, it gives a huge warning that it won't be shareable anymore if I use it. Just kind of disincentives art collaboration, which is kind of a bummer :<

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Dude that is legit amazing.

• Options
    I’m not overly fond of winter season.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular

Yeah, kinda hate it so far.

• Options
    mcdermott wrote: »

Yeah, kinda hate it so far.

I'm enjoying winter but mostly cause around dusk the sky and lighting makes me feel like I'm standing outside in late January enjoying the cold and silence.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    winter is great, slipping and sliding all over the place. loved some offroad races today.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular

Always use dirt/snow tires. If you don't it is kind of miserable.
    Personally I am enjoying it quite a bit but I liked the Blizzard Mountain expansion to FH3

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    Tell me truthfully, is my DriveAtar a madman that rams people in the corners only to end up last?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Make sure
    Tell me truthfully, is my DriveAtar a madman that rams people in the corners only to end up last?

I personally don't see any difference in drivatar behavior. They seem to be driving a set line that I cant ever knock them off of. Even if my car has several thousand pounds more they are nothing more than a mobile immovable object.

Maybe it's because I have AI set to the highest level?

Veevee on
  • Options
    Make sure

I personally don't see any difference in drivatar behavior. They seem to be driving a set line that I cant ever knock them off of. Even if my car has several thousand pounds more they are nothing more than a mobile immovable object.

I started at the lowest level since I was new. I’m now at above average I believe. There’s not much difference so far. It’s funny though watching people’s driveatar try to take me out in races.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Make sure

I started at the lowest level since I was new. I’m now at above average I believe. There’s not much difference so far. It’s funny though watching people’s driveatar try to take me out in races.

I've been able to push some AI to miss checkpoints but doing so is costlier than just following the line and passing. Corner slamming still works well to take first place though. The game wants to push me up to pro but I'd rather stay at expert as the minimal difficulty to get the super wheelspin in tournaments. Once in a while I get a runnaway AI that just darts off in first and is impossible to catch up to, like 10-30 second leads over everyone and we all have the same car. We can both be driving the same straight line and the AI just speeds off like it has nitro. Restart the race and then it doesn't happen and the race takes about the same time as before.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Fun facts: I listened to a YouTube playlist of the Horizon 4 soundtrack last week. A few days in Scotland so far and I swear to you I've heard a decent number of those tracks at pubs, cafes and restaurants. :p
    We also played Horizon 4: The Home Game today driving from Edinburgh to the Isle of Skye in a Vauxhall listening to Chvrches while the weather flip-flopped blinding sun and downpours~

Guys, Scotland is legit maybe the most beautiful place on Earth. >_>

• Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    I sent a request to join the club through the Xbox dashboard. Weird that it is no longer an in-game function.

XBL: Jason Marek