As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
edited February 2023 in Games and Technology
PA Forza Racing Nights are every Tuesday and Thursday at 9pm EST!

Forza Horizon 5
https://youtu.be/Rv7xLt5yNsM
[=PA=] Penny Arcadian Racing
To Join: From either the in game Club tab, through the Xbox App or through the Xbox console Clubs interface, search for the =PA= tag or the club name (make sure it's the FH5 version) and request to join. If you have any trouble, ask in the thread.

(Rest of OP WiP)

Historical Serious Business Cups of Forza's Past!
https://youtu.be/Ofjlu9X0-ik
ggzxs8j.jpg
J2twAN1.jpg
OrOtFko.jpg
http://youtu.be/9JW-a3quTHs
2oerVJU.jpg
kBgtUyf.jpg
kF0m8.jpgJ0qVF.jpg
SvBaB.jpg
EJggy4X.jpg

Historic Videos of Stupidity Excellence Rubbish Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRf3sc6VoOQ
http://youtu.be/v6TmHsY3Fp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKJOKJ_7PKg

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
Bloodsheed on

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Yay, new thread smell~
    *hangs air freshener from the mirror*

Glad the drivers list is more visible, but could you maybe put it right at the top so it isn't lost in the FM6 explanation?

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    just bought Forza 6 in the Black Friday sale, and now there's a shiny new thread to post in! its like fate! and of course i apologize in advance for my Drivatars behaviour.

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Oh look, a thread that wasn't started in 2013. Yay!

Edit: @Wraith260 You should join us for our Tuesday/Thursday shenanigans if you have time. Put your name in the form at the top and check out the list next to it to add some of us. New People!

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    You know guys, we could come up with our own half-assed version of cat and mouse. We just have to pre-make and paint some cat and mouse cars in red and blue. You will scoff at the time you think it will take us to accomplish these tedious tasks, but I believe in us and I believe we will overcome these hurdles for the lulz.

• Options
    You know guys, we could come up with our own half-assed version of cat and mouse. We just have to pre-make and paint some cat and mouse cars in red and blue. You will scoff at the time you think it will take us to accomplish these tedious tasks, but I believe in us and I believe we will overcome these hurdles for the lulz.

That is not the time or tedium issue with doing C&M without a preset. The time and tedium issue is the time it would take to set the lobby settings/get people sorted any time we'd want to run it. On top of that, you can't have teams AND buckets in FM6, so scoring/actual teams/functional-map wouldn't be possible. Also, it would horribly corrupt drivatars, since it'd just see it as regular race data.

I didn't get much of a chance to figure any series stuff out over the weekend, partly because it really needs a bigger base decision first. Not counting this week, we will have 2 weeks of race nights before the back-to-back Christmas(Eve)/New Years weeks disrupt things, therefore we have 2 options:
    A- Do a 2 week mini-series thing and then a full series in the new year.
    Or
    B- Do a full series with a 2 week intermission and finish after the new year.
    What do people want to do?
    Also, a note on the mini-series(or even full if people want): If people want something goofy, someone else will need to come up with the set up. That's not my wheelhouse.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    imo either 2 weeks of general fuckery which is always fun, or just a simple miniseries like c or b class. or stock vw bus series.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    1 week "Get in my van" spec microseries while we try to figure it out?
    I've had the set up ready and waiting since like day one.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
  • Options
    Yay, cars! Don't forget to update your game before tonight~
    https://youtu.be/T7VtjsH9mP8

The list, for anyone who can't watch the video right now:
    2015 Koenigsegg One:1
    2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupé
    1990 Chevrolet #30 Douglas Shierson Racing Lola T90/00
    1963 Ferrari 250LM
    1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
    1991 Mazda #62 Mazda Motorsport RX-7
    1958 Plymouth Fury

• Options
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    The time and tedium issue is the time it would take to set the lobby settings/get people sorted any time we'd want to run it. On top of that, you can't have teams AND buckets in FM6, so scoring/actual teams/functional-map wouldn't be possible. Also, it would horribly corrupt drivatars, since it'd just see it as regular race data.

Shhhh teams are just people who picked red cars and people who picked blue cars. There is no scoring other than the team's mouse that crosses the finish line first. Settings: No damage, No buckets, Any class.

• Options
    Random shenanigans from the last few weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AUMN3auAVg

• Options
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I'm amazed how well some of those cars rolled. catching the tail on daytona and doing an end over end was my favorite though.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    imo either 2 weeks of general fuckery which is always fun, or just a simple miniseries like c or b class. or stock vw bus series.

So I haven't picked it up yet, but if you guys are looking for something fun to kill time, I recommend taking an original Mini Cooper S (the adorable one) and putting the PI to something around 800, as high as it'll go. Every swap/boost possible. In 5, it turns it into a terrifying slot car with rocketship accel/decel, and in 6 with the better physics and option for "wet" and/or "night", all I can think is "oh the humanity".

It's actually quite fun to drive, I thought, it's just... "Tetchy". And light enough it'll go flying in a most impressive manner.

• Options
    mollehmolleh Registered User regular
    Hahaha, the new Koenigsegg is so mental. ~1340hp stock... love all the cars in this update so much.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

So I haven't picked it up yet, but if you guys are looking for something fun to kill time, I recommend taking an original Mini Cooper S (the adorable one) and putting the PI to something around 800, as high as it'll go. Every swap/boost possible. In 5, it turns it into a terrifying slot car with rocketship accel/decel, and in 6 with the better physics and option for "wet" and/or "night", all I can think is "oh the humanity".

It's actually quite fun to drive, I thought, it's just... "Tetchy". And light enough it'll go flying in a most impressive manner.

I drive a mini cooper RWD swapped at A and it's crazy enough. blame eclibull for a series in 5.

ended up liking the car enough to make it again in 6. it's terrible! but it's hilarious.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

I drive a mini cooper RWD swapped at A and it's crazy enough. blame eclibull for a series in 5.

ended up liking the car enough to make it again in 6. it's terrible! but it's hilarious.

Try AWD. :D It's what I did, and I really liked it. Well, when I wasn't saying "OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD whoops".

• Options
    Note: Stock VW Buses on a rainy 'ring is fun in the stupidest way possible.
    *shakes fist at bump draft on the corner before the hill*

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Cows, you have a problem. No offense. :P

The sad thing is only one of those was on purpose (Daytona).
    Note: Stock VW Buses on a rainy 'ring is fun in the stupidest way possible.
    *shakes fist at bump draft on the corner before the hill*

Shit! I missed stock buses on the ring? UGH :(

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Not strictly Forza related, but I figure you guys would appreciate this:

Rally driver Will Orders driving the Bidno Moorland stage in DiRT Rally
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xw8DJY7aZQ

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    Kestrel1 wrote: »
    Not strictly Forza related, but I figure you guys would appreciate this:

Rally driver Will Orders driving the Bidno Moorland stage in DiRT Rally
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xw8DJY7aZQ

Darn Rally Drivers/Scandinavians! They are the reason I can't put up good times in DiRT Rally! Yes, them, and not at all my tendency to blow out tires on close ditches/slide into hard banks.

I really should get back into DiRT Rally now that it's officially released. There is a ton of content in there that I haven't even touched yet and it's a really good game.

• Options
    ERRRG. Horrible support issue of doom. Maybe I'll be done with this in time to play on ... Thursday. :(

• Options
    Brands Hatch.
    Not even once.

BRANDS%20DF%2020.07.10_PD1734951_l.jpgsuperbikes_wideweb__430x307.jpg

Shedden_crash2.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    Guess who just got an Xbox One and Forza 6 thanks to months of working 7 day work weeks? Man, I miss this series! I did spoil myself and got the Ultimate Edition, though I am beginning to wonder if the VIP feature is worth it this time around.

• Options
    Guess who just got an Xbox One and Forza 6 thanks to months of working 7 day work weeks? Man, I miss this series! I did spoil myself and got the Ultimate Edition, though I am beginning to wonder if the VIP feature is worth it this time around.

There are some nice cars in the VIP pack, and if you're into Rivals the VIP exclusive stuff is usually good/interesting. I honestly don't notice the other benefits, but money is slightly tighter in 6 (unless you're diligent about grabbing your Forza Rewards), so the increased payouts can help.

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Guess who just got an Xbox One and Forza 6 thanks to months of working 7 day work weeks? Man, I miss this series!
    We're racing tonight at 8:30ish Eastern.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    I'm going to try and be on tonight. I hope everyone else can make it. Holiday vroom vrooms!

• Options
    edited December 2015
    This is the delightful thing I kept laughing at between races. Relish in its wonder.
    TKGWtWo1.jpg

Also this:
    q5QxURm.jpg

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Completely and utterly unrelated to Forza but I wanted to share it with you guys.

NOTE: Important setup for this video - This is my brother in law who is a public defender and has pointer mix dog that they named Snoop Dog
    He just got out of surgery and is still loopy from the anesthesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPWYgFlcl78

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Anyone going to be online tonight for shenanigans?
    *shakes fist at the holidays*

• Options
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    I'll be on in a bit.

• Options
    Not I, Cows. Sorry.

Where is the sad button?

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Forza Polo Red Car Pack
    https://youtu.be/I3Fn8wAz8t8

2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport
    2015 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
    1973 Holden HQ Monaro GTS 350
    1973 Nissan Skyline GT-R
    2014 Toyota #8 Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID
    2015 Mazda Formula Mazda
    1979 Opel Kadett C GT/E (which isn't in the video and has no screenshot, for some reason)

So they did get the Lykan. Also an actual good looking Holden has appeared. The Formula Mazda looks like it could be fun, or at least "Fun".

Anyway, haven't gotten a chance to sit down and figure any series stuff, but will talk it out with whoever shows up tonight.

Bloodsheed on
  • Options
    Oh shit. TS040.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    That is very much not the Holden Monaro I thought we would get. Where the hell are all these left field Aussie cars coming from? I love it!
    Also paging @acidlacedpenguin's hype-senses for that '73 GT-R.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    vGq1cGH.jpg

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Car pack by Ralph Lauren? Interesting. Looks like a good pack.

Did we have vague ideas before the break on what next SBC could be?